Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Remembering the Golden Age

It had actually been a few years since Jairdain had last spent any real amount of time on Commenor. This was a world she had come to when she was in her early twenties to work. That job had really opened many doors for her and many opportunities. Sadly that had ended, the royal house was no longer and the prince she had advised was missing. Did he even know he was no longer a prince? Jairdain could only assume that.

When she had visited since that all ended, she had only checked up on her property here. She wanted to do more this time and wondered the streets of Castin City. Coming to a stop near the front of the old Jedi Embassy, she was sad it had started to fall into disrepair again.

Without people here to keep things running, the planet and community were starting to go into a depression. On her face, somebody looking at her might see the sorrow she was feeling. Being blind, she was never good at hiding what she was feeling. Feeling that when she returned to Kashyyyk, she would have to ask if anything could be done about this property.

Turning away from the Embassy, she headed in the direction of the Palace that she worked in...

Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt

Several years prior...
Kashyyyk

"I can't- argh! Why can't I? I've seen the other padawans do it but.-" Maynard stated - grunting before he offered a low note of anger, dissatisfaction. Across the raging Kashyyyk river his training saber rested on the otherside, barely scraping against the ground each and everytime Maynard outstretched his hand and sought to pull it toward him using the force. Closing his eyes and gritting his teeth in anger he sought to pull it toward him once more only for the metallic hilt to budge perhaps half an inch at most despite the young Maynard mustering all of his will and fiber to try and will it toward him.

"You're thinking too much, Padawan. Your mind mulls over other things -- focus. Isolate the object in your mind. Breath - calcify all your thoughts, they will not help you here ; only the Force." The wise Kel'dor master Tokrun Urviss advised ; speaking in his ever present placidness with shades of cool, calming patience staining each word.

Constantly - Maynard felt compelled to compare his accomplishments to all the other jedi younglings - embittered as he witnessed younglings his age surge past him in their knowledge of the force and the ways of the Jedi only for Treicolt to continue to lag behind each and every time. He felt stupid, like it may have very well been his own fault and he often raged at himself over the matter. A behavior which bred darkness, a darkness which his master sought to center by offering only the reassuring of words and a seemingly endless font of patience.

No one else had really seen potential in Maynard to that point, all but marooned to peasant squallor to pick through scrap metal on Concord Dawn before the Jedi rescued him. He was always grateful, but also felt like he wasted the time of all those around him as he continuously struggled to attain the most basic of force knowledge.

In this moment however - he heeded his Master's advice ; the red clouds of overthinking and over-analyzing, of self doubt and pity. He seperated himself from it all - centering himself within the force until he could isolate the object of need and eventually by the time his eyes opened once more, his hand grasped the hilt of his lightsaber firmly. Anger melted away into jovial satisfaction - letting off a laugh as he failed to vindicate himself against his own internal monologue, instantly snapping his gaze to his master to met with a low nod.

Present day
Commenor
Theme

Fresh air was needed more than anything. The sterile, recycled breathes of the atmosphere within Peace along with all of its artificial surroundings grew wearing on the Jedi. He needed his feet planetside once more - his gaze on blue sky or starbright and not the clouding nebula which the new Jedi Order had concealed itself within. As much as the Jedi's space station seemed to bring a peaceful aura upon itself - Maynard's muddied past with the Jedi made it difficult for him to let himself be enveloped by its innate goodness given the length of time he'd spent away from it.

Embarking on his own he took up a spacer's mission once more. With the Renegade loaded to the brim with well needed supplies for the impoverished people of the Colony sector world. After buying out the local administrators who tried to take it and sell it out at their own stock he sent it off a small cell of Jedi who he could trust more than most others to deliver it to where it needed to go. In a faint reprieve he was able to roam the streets of Castin City with a cigarra stuck between his lips as if justifying a trade off for the good deed he did with the buzz of the smoke.

Sitting on the approaching steps of the palace the Jedi leaned himself back - peering narrow eyes over the city in disarray as he draw another draw from the cigarra, his gaze eventually peering toward Jairdain as she approached. A sight for sore eyes but even still - she seemed as forlorn as he did.

"I can only imagine this place had seen better days..." He remarks, his gaze shifting to peer toward the Jedi embassy in ruins.

Jairdain Jairdain

She no longer wore clothing that belonged in a palace, but one could tell by looking at her that everything she had was of fine quality. This was a woman that was used to dressing nicely and even her everyday clothes were made nice and of good quality materials. Jairdain didn't do this to show off, but to some, it might appear that she did.

Smelling the aroma of a cigarra, she turned in that direction. Soon enough a voice reached her ears with the comment that was obviously sarcastic. Letting out a bit of a sigh, she nodded.

"Mind if I join you?"

Hardly waiting for a reply, the Jedi Master took a seat near to the stranger. Turning to face him, he might notice her eyes were unfocused and a small green wolf poked its head out of a pocket.

"I am Jairdain Ismet. There was a time when I lived here. In the days where there was life and guidance. That's all gone now. Now it just falling apart, just like the galaxy around us. Who are you and what brings you here?"

Two simple questions, but the answers might not be as straightforward as she thought. Not knowing if he was some sort of smuggler or robber, the blind Jedi might just be walking into a trap. Something in the Force indicated that wasn't the case though and so she sat with him.

Pointing to her pocket and the small head that looked out of it, she pet the little wolf for a moment.

"This is Sage and he says hello."

Giving him a small smile, she wondered how much of the Palace remained unmolested. Since the royal house was disbanded, there wasn't anybody around to take care of the property. For all Jairdain knew, it had been robbed and ransacked for the valuables left inside.

"Would you like to look around?"

If he allowed her to, she could also show him what it had looked like when she lived here. Being a mentalist, she had practiced getting into people's minds. Not that she would unless he gave her permission. The particular trick she had in mind though did not require her to infiltrate his mind at all. She would wait to mention it if the opportunity even came up.

"Ain't that the truth..." In regards to her espousing the collapse of the Galaxy around them. Everywhere Maynard turned was some horrid display of light infused hypocrisy or outright evil in darkness.

"Ahh - I'm Maynard, Maynard Treicolt. I'm a Jedi...I guess, I don't know, not much of one." Maynard remarks before he iterates once more.

"Erm...came to get fresh air and there was someone who wanted some goods run through here, seems like the people 'round here needed it..."
Maynard admits candidly, even if only from a brief appraisal of the state of Commenor.

"He seems friendly." Maynard said, slowly rising to his feet, offering the wolf pup a grin before he offered a nod to Jairdain.

"Don't see any harm in it - wasn't really up to much else..." He admitted, taking up the offer. In all truth he just needed a reason to get his legs moving. Peace was as comforting as it was restricting, being the spacer he was at heart he sought to take the full advantage of the un tethered freedom he had among the stars being a Jedi free from the reigns of any Galactic power...for now.

"So what brought you back here if everything is...falling apart? Just bein' nostalgic or?" He inquired, arching a brow to the blind Jedi.

Jairdain Jairdain

"Pleased to meet you, Maynard. I am also a Jedi. For longer than the time I lived and worked here."

He mentioned he was here to get some fresh air and she let a breath out through her nose. Motioning to the cigarra, she smiled slightly at the humor involved.

"Won't get much with that around. It doesn't matter though really does it?"

The people here did need the help he brought, even if it was just one ship of cargo. Everything helped. There wasn't much Jairdain could do on her own, but he gave her the idea that maybe she could. This would be something to remember when she returned to Kashyyyk and the home she had there.

"Oh yeah, Sage is great."

At the full introduction, the little wolf crawled out of her pocket and took a seat on her shoulder. His green fur shined in the light of day and he wagged his tail at Maynard.

Standing up with him, she started walking up the stairs to the Palace. They were familiar to her and as he spoke, she focused her attention back to him.

"Nostalgia and to make sure my estate here is still in order."

Just before the Royal house was dissolved, she had become the regent of an area on Commenor. Not that it made a difference in what this world had gone through.

Through the Force, Jairdain would make the dilapidated Palace shine again with her memory of what it had been when she lived here. Maynard should be able to now view what was in front of them from a different perspective than what he had seen when he first walked to the steps.

"You can see what it had been like before the Sith came."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom