Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Remember

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

In her earliest memories, she didn't remember much. Just colors. A haze that blocked out faces, voices. People who cared about her were just, not there for her to remember. It was a sad realization when she did finally learn to see through the colors and found the wider world. She didn't remember where she was from. The apartment, the painting she'd do in the slums. That she remembered. But the name? Where it was in the galaxy? She didn't know. It'd be easy for her to search it though. The Jedi would have some kind of record on where she came from, surely.

But.. Iris didn't want to just search it. She knew a Jedi found her. Their name, their face, she didn't remember. But she knew. So the only thing she searched for was the name of that Jedi, and their location.

She paused outside the temple. Iris was nervous. How could she not be? Nervous on if not remembering the Jedi would be an insult or not. She took a breath before heading in, going right towards where the Jedi was.

"Master Viera Viera ? .. Do you remember me?"

Following Valery Noble Valery Noble 's suggestion, Viera had departed from the Prosperity and headed to Ossus. There she had reconnected with the Jedi that had followed Romi Jade after the Jakku Enclave had fallen. For a while now, she had heard about the creation of a new Praxeum. And with nothing else to really do, she had made that her next immediate stop.

Since then, she had apparently become a source of gossip amongst the younglings. At least a small group of them anyway, headed by a couple that she had saved during the attack on Coruscant.

The chance that she’d run into them here was quite low, and yet somehow it had happened. Part of Viera wondered if the Force had a hand in this, but these days she doubted those kinds of things.

Having found a quiet corner to herself, Viera had occupied her hours by reading. Pulling a stack of books and tomes from the library, and just residing in silence as she read.

That was until she heard footsteps, someone stopping just behind her and calling her ‘Master Viera’.

She sighed.

Again, I’m not a Mast-” Placing her book then, Viera turned in her chair to look at whomever had approached. The moment her eyes landed on Iris, she froze. Now for years, Viera had travelled constantly, never staying in one place for too long.

Meeting new people, aiding them in whatever way she could. But never long enough to get to really know them. Sometimes she’d remember a face and name, if the individual left an impression on her.

And the young woman in front of her was one of those people.

Iris?!” Viera almost pushed her seat away as she stood up. “Of course I remember you! Wh-what are you doing here?” She walked up to Iris, surprise clear as day on her face.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris?!

All at once Iris smiled bright. Viera Viera did remember her, which was more than the Padawan could say. Rather than look at the Knight's colors as she always did with literally anyone, she was studying the woman's face. Trying to remember everything. Learn the person she hadn't remembered. The one that brought her here, to this life. To be a Jedi. "I.. Didn't remember who you were. And I wanted to know you. And thank you, for bringing me to the Jedi."

Viera didn’t hesitate for a second to pull the teenager into a hug. Seeing the teenager again had stirred old emotions, resurfacing from when the Thyrsian had to leave last time.

Her time meeting Iris had made it clear just how bright the young girl was. Eager to learn, to explore, to express herself. But was also lost in life, just aimlessly wandering around trying to find a new canvas to paint on. It was exactly how she met her, having just finished up her latest mural.

The time spent after that was teaching her about the Force, the very general basics. It became apparent Iris had no prior knowledge, despite having been innately using it for years. Before the day had even ended, VIera already knew what she needed to do.

But then it became an issue shortly after, as two paths were laid out before them.

She could take Iris with her, personally teach her as they moved around the galaxy. Or take Iris to one of the Jedi Orders instead.

Ultimately, Viera had opted for the latter choice. As while she knew Iris would thrive in exploring the galaxy, Viera knew her lifestyle wasn’t suited for someone so young.

After all, she was roughly Iris’ age when Allyia had found her.

It’s good to see you again.” Viera pulled away from the hug, now getting a good look at Iris. She immediately frowned at what she saw. The young teenager’s right side was scarred, and Viera was immediately concerned. From past experiences; of seeing similar injuries on others, she could only surmise it had been the result of a fall, one from something moving a lot faster at the time. “And it looks like you’ve been through a few battles already.

Viera checked for any other visible injuries, but in the process also noticed something else.

You’ve grown since last…” Though she wasn’t necessarily speaking about physical growth, but through the lens of the Force. A small knowing smile formed across the Thyrsian’s lips. “You’ve found a Master to teach you.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Huh?

Iris was pulled into a hug. She blinked slowly, surprised. Then, slowly, she'd return the hug with an even brighter smile. Viera Viera really did remember her. .. If only the Padawan could say the same. The hug was broken, and Iris immediately saw the frown. She frowned herself, turning her head to more hide her scars. And nodded. She'd seen a handful of battles already, that much was true.

Then she nodded again. The change of subject, or just the lack of prying from Viera about her scars, really helped the Padawan open up more. She smiled bright, latching onto the topic of her master.

"Mmhmm! Well, she more found me after I tagged a building I shouldn't have. But yes! Master Noble has been a wonderful teacher."

There was no mistaking the look on Iris’ face when Viera had mentioned her scars. It was clear to the Thyrsian that the damage had gone beyond just physically scarring. And how could it not? Especially for someone as young as the Padawan before her. Viera knew how harrowing such experiences could be.

But it seemed Iris was content to shift away from that topic, and Viera was more than happy to comply.

She shook her head in amusement, hearing that Iris had been caught ‘tagging’ a building. Of course that was how the teenager was discovered by her Master. Hell, Viera was surprised Iris’ curiosity hadn’t led to her decorating a majority of the buildings around her.

Hearing the name Noble got a look of recognition from Viera. She chuckled quietly, wondering for a moment just how small the galaxy was.

That wouldn’t happen to be Valery Noble would it?” What were even the chances that the Thyrsian would encounter her temporary charge’s Master ahead of reuniting with the teenager? “I quite recently met her aboard the Prosperity.

Viera stepped away, gesturing towards the table. “Please, have a seat Iris. I’d love to hear how training has been with Master Noble.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh, right, there were two now. Valery Noble Valery Noble and her husband. Iris nodded though, smiling bright. "Mmhmm!" Then pretty swiftly took a seat. They could talk. Iris could actually hold a conversation with Viera Viera . It wasn't something she was expecting to be so excited about. No sooner did she sit then she started to talk. Well, ramble.

"Training has been great! I've learned so much about the Force. About what I see. I'm in school now, medical school. College? Mm, not sure what it's called exactly, but I'm trying to become a doctor. I can use the Force to heal people, but it helps to know more than just one way, right?"

Viera grinned as Iris spoke, enthusiastic in her rambling as she talked about her training. She remembered the quiet, shy girl she had met. Now she was a lot more talkative and excited. Though it was clear the young teen had been through a lot since the Thyrsian had last seen her. It appeared Iris hadn’t let it keep her down completely.

Learning to heal the wounded is a very…noble pursuit." Viera said, the corners of her lips twitching as she tried to not laugh at her own joke. The amusement hid the mournful feeling that settled within the woman. She could really have done with a healer right now, with her current situation. But every day it felt like she was crossing out another option. “It'll definitely help, you’ll have a greater advantage expanding it out into the Force.

But tell me Iris, since you’ve been learning more about it. Have you been seeing more colours?

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I always see colors. It's ah.. The Force. Life, emotion. Always. I've started to be able to see through it, though. Actually see people instead of the swirl, y'know?" Yeah the pun went right over Iris's head. She didn't even seem to register it, instead more focused on just explaining everything she'd been learning. How everything was clearer. ".. How have you been, though? I haven't talked to you.. Well ever, now that I think about it. Heh."

Viera Viera

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom