Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remains of The Day (Ask before joining)

kendopanda

Fun, lovable dork
This is a belated intro for my character: [member="Nefertari Sovint"]. It starts long before the current timeline to give a bit of context and to give me a bit of writing practice. If anybody joins, I look forward to rping with you guys. If you have any questions, please ask me.
P.S. The part in 154 is meant to be solo.

Let's Get Started!​
Year: 154 ABY
People Involved: Nefertari Sovint (Jedi Knight), "Cold Resh" (Crime Lord)
(best old-timey radio voice)
We join Nefertari as she chases the Crime Lord "Cold Resh" into the facility which he uses, unbeknownst to our hero, for carbon freezing. The dastardly man seems afraid, but is it all part of his diabolical plan? Why does he seem to be toying with Nef? What has become of Master Snow? Stay tuned to find out!

True Tales From A Galaxy Far Far Away is brought to you by: Flupps-Naptha soap, Cybot Galactica, The Clearly Corellian Beverage Corporation; and by contributions from viewers like you, thank you.

"You won't get away, Resh!" Nefertari yelled after the man.
She was hot on his trail. After months of planning, this effort made by civilian volunteers and the last of this era's Jedi was about to pay off.
The foe was disarmed and in retreat. It seemed that, in panic, this Crime Lord had painted himself into a corner by running in to one of the buildings on the platform.

Nefertari entered and the doors closed behind her, leaving the noise of the machinery and patrol ships outside.
As the closing doors shut out the light, the floor itself lit up; revealing a round area with a small staircase off to one side.
An evil laugh sounded through the building followed by "Welcome Nefertari, daughter of the Earl of Rosedge"
This man clearly knew more than he was letting on. Nefertari was about to engage him when he spoke again
"Hmm..I feel another presence....." Resh thought for a moment before he grinned and said "You're carrying a child with you." before laughing evilly again.

As the jerk laughed, a familiar Whoosh-hiss echoed through the room as Nefertari ignited her lightsaber for what would be the final time for centuries. Her opponent's blade had been destroyed, he drew a sword from an ivory sheath in his defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPkZFskVcM​

Nefertari decided to use the one juyo technique Miyuki had taught her before she left.
Resh somehow dodged eight of the nine strikes and the last hit his blade.
Nefertari's lightsaber shorted out
"Cortosis...you bas****"
"Oi, don't talk about your baby that way"

That ticked Nef close to lapsing, she stuck her right hand out and flung a flurry of off-white lightning at her foe.
Resh screamed in pain as the electricity conducted through his sword, making him drop it
Nef began to stride over, picking up the crime lord's blade along the way. What Nefertari didn't realize was she was walking into Resh's trap.

Ivory sheath in hand, the Crime Lord force leaped at Nefertari and smacked her over the head with it.
"You denied me entrance to your family, now I deny them of your presence. Hope you like making a new life."
Then everything went dark.

kendopanda

Fun, lovable dork
Following that, Cold Resh dragged Nefertari to another part of the facility and froze her in carbonite. Intending to have the jedi as a trophy of sorts, she was loaded onto a ship headed for his hideout.

Don't worry about Nef though. Near the planet Dantooine, the Crime Lord's ship was spotted and shot down by Union spacecraft.
The vessel plummeted towards the surface of the planet, gaining tremendous speed as it fell.
It would splash into a lake and sink to the bottom, and there it would rest with Nefertari inside for the next 683 years.

Over that time, the water of the lake slowly depleted. This process revealed items that had been lost. Little by little they were brought to light, and a local rumor developed that the lake was full of treasure.

Drop by drop, the water left the lake, never to return. The land was eventually purchased in 835 ABY and turned over to archaeologists and treasure hunters.

kendopanda

Fun, lovable dork
Remains of The Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0LZXpoYYU&ab_channel=Maxzaea​
Year: 837 ABY
People currently involved: Nefertari Sovint, Vandal
OK, the intro to the intro is done. feel free to post now if you have permission to join.

[member="Vandal"] | [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

"This... This is not like you." ADA complained. Her servos whinnied quietly as she had been doing for the past hour. "This is not what we do Draich. We don't scavenge for chit." She trudged on behind her master, mumbling to herself. Another gust of wind ripped through the dried out basin. What had once been a thriving lake had receded, dried cracked earth all that remained where the water had once been. "We had a perfectly good contract to kill that drug trafficker on Nar Shaddaa, but here we are looking for stuff no one wants." The droid kicked a large rock in frustration which went clattering along the ground kicking up more debris.

"Yeah well, after that last contract....." Draich said quietly to himself. "I just need a break alright. It still makes me feel disgusting." Draichs harsh blue eyes scanned the horizon. Several workers could be seen off in the distance, there was some activity, but not much on this side of the basin. Draich didn't know if that meant the area had already been picked clean or if no one had ventured to this side yet. He hoped it was the later. "We're getting paid good money to find relics. No blasters, no knives. No...." Draich's attention slipped, his gaze vacant as his mind revisited it again. "I just need a damned break."

He hadn't been lying about the pay. Ten thousand credits per artifact. Easy money as far as Draich was concerned, and he desperately needed something easy right now.

ADA shrugged her shoulders. "Humans. Ill never understand you all."

Draichs feet crunched loudly as he scanned the former lake bed, icy blue eyes darting left and right searching for anything. He squinted his eyes, shielding them from dust as another blast of wind ripped through him. His hearing left him as the howl of the gale roared violently in his ears. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his black leather jacket, closed his eyes and leaned into the wind, hoping it would subside soon. Gradually it did and when Draichs hands left his pocket they came bearing his cigarettes, which he promptly lit.

The smoke billowed off with the residual breeze as he took a long drag and continued his march for pay. As he placed his cigarettes back in his pocket he brushed the pistol grip of his T-6. He wore no armor today and wasn't looking for a fight, but his pistol and vibroblade still came with him, no matter where he went. No matter where.

"Come on..." Draich said silently to himself as he shielded his eyes from the sun and took another drag. "Give me something."

"You're not going to find anything. Its a damned lake bed. People don't drop important stuff in lakes." ADA quipped. "My joints feel like they want to freeze."

"Then go back to the ship." Draich snapped. "I swear on my life, if you don't stop bitching about every little thing out here, IM going to shut you down and bury you out here. I swear. I will fucking dismantle you and sell you for scrap."

"I love it when you talk dirty to me." Draich imagined if ADA had eyes she would be rolling them. She knew all his empty threats. He was having a bad month and needed to vent.

Draich took another drag and flipped his butt into the wind. Damned droid. He watched the butt sail through the breeze when something caught his eye. The butt fell to the ground harmlessly next to something grey. The object jutted out of the ground only a few inches, Draich would have missed it completely if he hadn't been watching where his trash landed. But there it was. A possible payday not more than three meters from where he stood. Draich looked back at ADA who returned the glance.

"Well?" ADA quipped. "This is the only thing we've seen since we got here."

"I know." Draich sighed tiredly as he started towards the object.

He kicked the object hard, a loud thud resonating from the impact. He kneeled beside it, feeling the texture underneath his finger tips. Felt like carbonite.

"I think we just struck gold." Draich said as he began to dig furiously with his hands. The soil refused to give easily so he drew his vibroblade and thumbed the weapon to life with a dull hum. Stabbing at the dirt proved more effective, breaking up chunk of earth better than his bear fingers. He cursed at himself in his mind though, this couldn't be good for the blade. To hell with it, he would buy a new one.

After twenty minutes of shoveling and picking at the surrounding soil he had finally managed to dig out roughly a meter of the object. It was a carbonite storage case. That much was clear. Its contents however still proved to be a mystery. Depending on what was in here, Draich was about to get paid some big money, he could feel it. He whipped dirt off the data terminal that was fused to the side of the slab of carbon. It still worked. He couldn't believe it.

"ADA, check the item manifest, I want to know what this thing is holding for me."

The droid silently took a knee and began to work the terminal as Draich moved out of her way. He reached into his pockets and produced another cigarette lighting it with a quick flash of fire.

"Draich." ADAs vocabulator inflecting concern. Draich didn't say a word, rasing his eyebrows in acknowledgement as he held the cigarette between two fingers as he took a deep breath. "We don't have a what. We have a who."

"What?"

"And judging from the look of it, that who is still alive."

Draich didn't know what to say or do. Twelve years in the Republic army and he had never seen or heard of anything like this. The hair on the back of his neck stood up and his pulse quickened. It was to strange. To damned strange.

"What do we do?" Draich broke the silence that seemed to hang there for ages. His winced in pain, realizing that his cigarette had burned down to the filter. He discarded the butt with a quick shake of his hand.

"We open it up."

"What? Would that kill them?"

"Do you care?" ADA turned, her eyes locking with his. "This person may have something on them we could sell." Draich bit his burnt finger hard, trying to discern the situation. Make a rational decision. Once again, he had no idea what to do. ADA let out a simulated sigh. "Unless the individual was critical before they went into hibernation, they should be alright. They'll have hibernation sickness, but that should be all. So, we going to open her up or did we wait for someone else to claim our prize?"

"Alright." Draich said after thinking for several minutes. "Open it up."

ADA began to work the controls, putting the container into defrost.

Slowly, Nefertari's vitals got up and running at full capacity as the carbonite was defrosted. Sitting up out of the block, she obviously didn't feel good.
After recovering from wretching, she opened her eyes, she couldn't see a thing.
Putting a hand to her face and making sure nothing was covering them, she said "Why can't I see? Just a little while ago my vision was flawless..."

A lightsaber hung from her belt, so did a 434 death hammer. If that wasn't indication enough, the robes under the fur cloak atop her shoulders would be indication enough. Whoever had found her had found a Jedi.

Sensing other personages around, Nefertari attempted to use force sight. She hadn't trained in it much, so what she got wasn't as good as her normal vision. However, it was something.

Looking down at the block, a look of realization crossed Nef's face "I see" she said, looking up at @Draich. "Thank you for freeing me. Who might you be?"
Her left hand was stiff. "Also, would you happen to have any oil?"

Draich watched as the woman wretched the contents of her stomach on the lake floor. ADA stood firm, arms crossed against her chest. After a few moments the sickening sound of bile fell away and she began to regain her composure.

Then he saw the lightsaber. The weapon of a Jedi, and the Sith. His muscled tensed as he took a step back, putting distance between himself and the Jedi. If she decided to loose that lightsaber in her defense he didn't need to lose another limb. His hand fell instinctively fell on the grip of his pistol, unfastening the safety catch unconsciously. But his tension ebbed as she spoke. Gratitude filled her voice as she struggled with her vision. She isn't a threat.

Don't get to complacent.

He closed the gap he had made and kneeled beside her. Her state was pitiful, blinking unseeing eyes at the sun. Not helpless, but vulnerable.

"Take it easy," Draich said calmly said as he took the hand she had offered up and examined it. A prosthetic. And ancient at that as well. "Normally I do carry oil for my own appendages. I left my supplies back at the ship though." He opened up the service compartment on the wrist and examined the artificial ligaments. "I would take it easy moving this hand, it looks like some parts are corroded. Keep moving it at it could seize."

ADA moved to their side clutching her vibroblade in her right hand. The droid peered at the Jedi trying to assess the situation. When Draich caught sight of the blade he shot her a look that would have reduced her to molten slag if looks could kill. She reluctantly returned the blade to the hidden compartment in her leg with a frustrated groan.

"My name is Draich. I'm a..... prospector." He lied. He kept his voice as calm and assuring as possible. He had no idea of her mental state and was still wary of losing an arm. The less threatening he seemed the better. "What's your name Jedi? Do you know where you are or what happened?"

"My name?" She asked "Nefertari Sovint, and sort of, I have a vague idea of what happened. However, I don't know where I am other than a dry lake. This certainly is not the Tibanna platform I last remember"

looking at the prosthetic that had served her for years, the parts didn't look that corroded. A little, yes, but nothing beyond repair and maintainance.

Of course, her not knowing wouldn't be for long. As she looked over the other things people found, her eyes fell on a very corroded metal tube
"Pardon me a moment" Nef said before striding over to one of the other people digging.
On the end of the hilt, it was barely readable: PROPERTY OF DARTH SENET
"Jedi, would you happen to know who this Darth Senet is? It's got me plum stumped" An old man asked

Nef laughed "Of course, that Sith is my sister"

"Well, dunk me in gravy an' call me a biscuit. That is somethin' ain't it?"

Using her mind trick just in case, Nefertari said "You want to give me that artifact"
He nodded in agreement and handed it to Nefertari.

With that, Nefertari walked across the lake again to [member="Draich"] and ADA
"So, what year is it? It seems I have been out for some time"

While she waited for an answer, Nef began to dismantle the rusted remnant of a lightsaber. "I guess I am on Dantooine"

Draich cocked an eyebrow in response to the question.

"837 ABY." Draich turned his head eyeing her up and down to gauge her response. "Why what year do you think it is?"

What the hell is going on here?

"Wow, looks as though I have been out for some time. 683 years to be exact..."
the rust on the hilt gave way as Nef pryed the insanely old lightsaber apart.
"Just as I expected, a red synth-crystal"
After extracting it, she gave the hilt to [member="Draich"]
"Whatever they are paying you for artifacts, that should be enough to get you your credits"

Now she was mostly caught up to what was going on, and her vision was starting to come back. Yet something still seemed off...The child Nef had been carrying was gone.
"One with the Force even before birth..." she whispered to herself.

(OOC: Corrected. My bad. My first time reading over the thread was after being up for thrity one hour and working on a two hour nap. I missed stuff clearly.)

Draich took the hilt and nodded in thanks, tucking it into his pocket. Then reality hit him between the eyes like a sack of bricks.

Wait a minute. Wait a fucking minute.

Just how casual the coversation was threw him off completly, and it took a momment it seemed, for his brain to reboot and actually comprehend the situation. This woman had just woken up from a six hundred year hibernation. And she was acting like nothing was amiss. Like she and Draich had arranged to met there for tea.

She whispered something to herself, but Draich didnt catch it. Something is off here.

"You feelin ok?" Draich strained his eyes hard at her like she was some kind of mirage. This didnt feel real. "You just woke up from a six hundred year dirt nap and you didnt even bat an eye."

"Well, there are some things which leave me dissatisfied. However, the Force will guide me. Besides, this is the start of a new journey."
Nefertari used the force to snatch a leather strand from a box of spare parts. As she started to tie the crystal into a pendant, she spoke again
"Besides, it sounds like the order is in a better shape than it was before I was frozen. Come on, I'm trying to make the best of a less than optimal situation here"
In truth, Nef was devastated. There was a lot she missed out on for sure. Still, she remembered something she had once read somewhere; and then quoted it
"Life does not treat you fairly or unfairly, it merely is."

Draich reached into his pocket and pulled his cigarettes and had one lit before she finished speaking. Smoke filled his lungs. His head bagan to hurt. He shut his eyes and squeezed the bridge of his nose with this prothestic left arm, as if the pressue helped stop the throbbing.

Shes optimistic. Got to give her that. How ever naive she may be. Theres alot of refugees in the galaxy who would disagree. Myself included.

His mind returned to Isis. Breifly. He pushed the thought out of his mind as quickly as he could.

"Fair enough kid." Draich sighed as he exhaled smoke. He reached into his pocket and removed the lightsaber hilt, tossing it in his hands idely. "Well you got your life bac.."

"Draich will take you anywhere in the galaxy you want to go Jedi." ADA chimmed in, cutting off the mercenary. Draich shot her an annoyed look. Being interrupted wasnt something he apprechiated. "What? Anything, and I mean ANYTHING is better than making sand castles with you here in a lake bed. I want to get out of here. If taking a Jedi to some temple is how we get paid then thats got my vote."

"Thank you for your offer, ADA. You remind me of the droids which served my house"
After thinking for a moment, Nefertari spoke again
"Is Anchorhead still up? If not, I guess I could find a mechanic in Mos Eisley...Unless either of you know a good one."

[member="Draich"]

Draich furrowed his brow and gripped the bridge of his nose. His headache was getting worse and the sun was only exacerbating the situation.

"You need to go all the way out to Tatooine for a mechanic? I don't know any personally. I maintain my own ship, but shes all I know how to maintain." Draich loved Tatooines heat, he never complained when he would work there. He found it strange however that she was willing to travel to the other side of the galaxy for a mechanic.

Stranger than being in hibernation for for six hundred plus years? This whole day is strange.

"What's in.... You know its none of my buisness. If that's where you need to go, that's where you need to go. If you have no more business here ADA will take you back to the ship while I go cash this in." Draich said as he flipped the lightsaber hilt one final time in his hand.

"I guess you could just take me to the main Jedi Temple, provided you have oil and tools on your ship that you are willing to lend me"
you idiot. Anchorhead? You've repaired this thing yourself so many times.
"Well, I guess I'm ready whenever you desire to be on your way"

[member="Draich"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom