Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relics of the Past (Alliance Merchant Fleet and Friends)

The galaxy had changed a lot since he had been gone. Coren Starchaser was keeping only a moderate eye on things, but what he knew was that the place he knew that was safe, formerly known as the Levantine Free Space, and the Silver Sanctum, then the space owned by the Silver Jedi Order. He had been out there with the Outer Rim Coalition to help pull the former Oswaft Station which housed the Levantine Astro Academy out to ORC space, but a bit of research let him know there were a few other things of worth out there. What he had done was sent out a message to the people he knew he could trust. The pilots of the Alliance, but the ones who were more merchant or Jedi centric, as well as contacts in the Coalition and Silver Order.

He was hoping he could make a run for the Absolution, he hadn’t ever served on it, being a part of the Lords of the Fringe after that incarnation of the Rebel Alliance was put to bed. But now? The Alliance could use it, and he had a few ideas, being part of the Underground for its use.

Without deploying his battlegroup, Coren took the Tachyon Rising and set course for Laekia. He was hoping others were going to be joining him, but hell, if it came to it, those on his ship would be the ones to help him board, chase off the Ta’Jar, and head back into Alliance space.

Simple, right?

Looking up at the viewport, he looked at Porter and those in his cockpit. “Well, we’ll see what we find, right?” First it was probably going to be the planet, then hopefully a hyperspace ping. With the people he was contacting, Merchant Fleet and the like, well, he knew there would be someone coming to help.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

[SIZE=11pt]Ivlyn sat in the Captain’s chair of the Obulette, a Scythe-class vessel and the leading ship of the Tapani Defense Fleet, which was joined by five Defender-class light corvettes. Five Normally she wouldn’t be captaining such a thing, but the admiralty was searching for someone to run the ship ever since the last retired, and no permanent stations had been made. Ivlyn offered her presence on-board the vessel, and now here she was, opening hails to the man who had called for aid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]”Master Starchaser, this is Duchess Ivlyn Mecetti of the Tapani Defense Fleet starship Obulette. We have come to render assistance. I assumed that you only needed a single ship of the heavier Tapani vessels, and only brought along five Defender-class light corvettes as assistance.” Ivlyn spoke up, looking to the information on a pad that a lieutenant had brought along. She nodded, and put her palm on the screen, approving the report. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]”If I was incorrect, I am afraid we’ll have to wait a few days for another Tapani captain to arrive in the sector. We’re quite busy at the moment with an outbreak of large-scale piracy.” Ivlyn had finished talking, and now she waited for a reply from the Force user in the ship before hers. The Mecrosa Order member was in her Charon battle armor, completely ready for battle alongside the rest of the ship. Heh, what fun, right? If the ship had been modified more extensively, then Ivlyn would feel safer captaining it, but right now the Obulette was only a standard Scythe-class vessel. Here’s to hoping that some changes can be made to things after this battle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Duchess had just come from straight from the Tapani sector, the cruiser newly complimented with Dauntless-class and Sprite-class X-wings, alongside 3 GAT-12 Skipray blastboats as the shuttle complement, with her salvage vessel taking up the fourth spot. It was prepared for battle, and so too was the Duchess. She had mused over the likelihood of achieving the capture of the Absolution, and realized that her offer to help might have to be taken back should they not receive ample enough assistance. Losing the largest ship in the TDF would permanently alter Ivlyn’s career path if she couldn’t host a defense as to why it was lost, and result in the death of hundreds of Tapani, as well as cause fallout in the sector for losing such an important vessel. Plans had been drafted up to upgrade the Obulette, but with them having been postponed to respond to political pressure that wanted the Absolution returned to its rightful owners, Ivlyn wondered if the upgrades would, in fact, be done to a different vessel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="Coren Starchaser"][/SIZE]

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]​

Help, of course she was helping. She was onboard his ship raiding his galley and trying to make sure she had everything she needed. What did she want for helping him this time...oh the usual...but he knew what that was. So far he had provided it all...in every way to meet her......quirks.

She laughed as she held her amulet it wasn't necessary around Coren to have it, but it had become a measure of comfort to her so it stayed with her always. She walked forward towards the cockpit where he was guiding the ship to the final destination. Who else would be coming along he had not said, besides right now she liked having him talk to and discover exactly what he thought they would be running into.

Rekha shook her head, "Hey Flyboy! So how close are we to it?" hmm The communications were lighting up Rekha looked over and flipped a switch to bring the voice of the Duchess into the ship..."well well...more help" Rekha winked at Coren as they both listened.

He knew that he couldn’t get many parsecs away on most jobs of his without bringing Rekha along. And the thing was? He didn’t ever expect to, nor want to get too far without his wingwoman. The pair of them had taken too many enemies down, run too many missions, to go solo. Yes, he had left the galaxy alone for way too long, but now that he was back, he needed his partners.

“A few parsecs out still. Should be making it to the last known location in another hour or so.” He smiled. Looking back at Rekha as she activated the commlink, he smiled. “I knew there were a few friends out there. I contacted some more, but they may or may not be able to help right away. Still, some Underground work, y‘know?”

The best kind of work, if you asked Coren. He was a patriot for the Alliance, but running a mission like the Underground? It just felt right. More exact.

Turning, though, he grabbed the commlink. “Morning, Obulette. We’ll be arriving at the rally point shortly. Our target is mobile, and the last report was the location that the Tachyon Rising will be arriving at. There may be pirates, and we’ll deal with them, then its time to get aboard our target and move her.” Simple, right?

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]
[member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]

Kingsley

intergalactic bird of mystery
"Relaaax, my fine feathered friend," Cei Kyros, Grand Captain of the Alliance Merchant Fleet, was drawling on but Kingsley could barely hear the duros smuggler king over the hammering inside his own chest, "My boys and I will handle the knife work. All we need from you is whatever memory of the Tingel Arm's left in that drink addled brain, maybe use of your contacts on Laekia."

The Hiitian smuggler swayed with intoxication, blinking slowly while he berated himself internally for bragging so openly during their sabacc games. Forced to stoop within the cramped confines of what passed for the Interceptor-class frigate's bridge, the realization was beginning to dawn on him that there was no getting out of this one. He was aboard the Idiot's Array, Kyros' personal starship, surrounded by hired guns on the fleet boss' payroll. And this time, the crazy old duros seemed intent on getting them both killed.

"Surely the great Cei Kyros has friends of his own on Laekia, rrrawk!" the avian smuggler's voice was thick with booze and desperation, "I would only be a hindrance, sir! A distraction!"

"Kingsley, my boy. Of course I have contacts on Laekia," the duros curled his lips into a predatory grin, there was a twinkle in Kyros' crimson eyes, "After all, your friends are my friends. Don't you realize that by now? You work for me, and you're going to keep working for me until your not so little debts are paid."

"Of...course Cei," Kingsley stammered, trying to back away and finding nowhere left to go, "Whatever you need! I only meant...I haven't been out this way in a long time, and-"

"Great!" the grand captain cut him off, shoving him roughly into the copilot's chair, "Now be a pal and double check our heading, will ya? We should be reaching Starchaser's rendezvous any second now."

"You seem nervous," he blurted, blanching at the glare Cei shot in his direction, "Begging the grand captain's pardon, rrrawk!"

"Its my first time dealing with Coren since he came back," the old man admitted after a while. He tipped his wide brimmed hat down as he leaned back in his captain's seat, obscuring his expression, "Just want things to run smooth is all. We had a...slight disagreement last we saw each other."

"What kind of disagreement?" Kingsley asked, voice laced with suspicion.

"I may have...shot at him a little bit," Kyros waved away the Hiitian's horrified expression, "Ancient history! I'm sure he's completely forgotten!"

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]​

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Kingsley"] | [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]​
She nodded, "I've always loved the Underground ya know hit and run my favorite game." She slid into a seat and looked over at Coren. There was something about his eyes this time. He looked at times like he was carrying the weight of the galaxy again.

"Ya know I hear there is some sith movement in the Oorn Tchis sector, something we might want to look at." They had many times wandered into skirmishes where the Sith were taking over just to add a little extra umph to their week. She listened to the Obulette nodding to Coren about when they arrive, and what to expect. Pirates, she had a thing for pirates some of them were dashing and daring in their rags and leathers.

Oh yes...pirates could be yummy.

Course this was serious business get on board and move out quickly it sounded simple even simpler when she said it but it was rarely simple. No....it usually started simple and then jumped to complex.

Maybe just maybe....she'd fire the big gun. That thought made her smile.. yep..

"Pirates should be fun." She leaned back and waited. She wished she could call in a few friends right now maybe soon.

Though Audren had more or less returned to the known galaxy and the Silver Jedi Order had drastically shifted location, he still kept an ear to the figurative ground. He'd lived in the area for a decent bit of time after all. So when he'd heard from a contact that Coren Starchaser had put word out in the general area, he'd decided to make some time and a look. Not that he was taking him much out of his way, but there were always things he could be doing.

Starchaser was a name that the Sephi hadn't heard in quite some time. He seemed to remember it most in reference to the Levantine Sanctum, an organization that had been folded into the Silver Jedi Order not long after he'd joined. Their reputation had been as explorers and scientists mainly, pushing the boundaries of known space and discovering the new things. As it happened, some of his personal gear had originated with the Sanctum. There was a fair bit of curiosity.

Of the ships at his disposal, the Master chose to take the Tarlanc, a frigate well-suited for the unpredictability of the Outer Rim. It was the most well-rounded that he had available and was something the Sanctum itself might have used. There was the possibility that it would be too large for the occasion, but when compared with the other models it was the obvious choice. Not to mention that it was the one he was most comfortable with and which had the more experienced crew.

"Ten minutes from rendezvous point, sir."

"Thank you. Korus, open a comm channel on the frequency I gave you please."

The normally chatty Balosar wordlessly did as asked, then nodded pointedly to indicate completion.

"Master Starchaser, this is the Tarlanc. Inbound to rendezvous coordinates, ETA ten standard minutes. Any last-minute information we should be aware of?"

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"] | [member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member=Kingsley]​

A lot of work to be done in securing this thing. Luckily, it seemed that his call was received by a few other pilots as well. They were going to need the help. Once they had the Absolution ready to move, he had some ideas for it, though getting that psat the Alliance was why he was using the Merchant network. He grinned as he sent the next jump in the track to the ships that had reported in. They’d exit hyperspace, and realign before making the move. He knew the ship was being a tricky piece of equipment to find, he’d blame [member="Jorus Merrill"] for that one.

“Good, looks like Kingsley’s crew is in too.” He nodded as he looked at Rekha, before running his hands over the controls. “Got a handle for anyone who hasn’t reported in? The Absolution may be a schutta to move.” He laughed.

“Hey Sykes, good to have you. I should be arriving first. As of right now, I’m assuming the pirates, the ones who were jumping Oswaft when the Silvers made their real estate jump should be here. Handle them first, then get boarded, we’ll find a location for Absolution once we have control of her again.”

Simple.

[member="Audren Sykes"]
[member="Rekha Kaarde"]
[member="Kingsley"]

ooo company in ten minutes, nice. Rekha fluffed her hair and batted her lashes as she smiled. No she wouldn't be chasing the Jedi well maybe if he was cute but she did want them to see her.

She was excited not just about company but about moving the ship, "Coren we got this smooth as silk in and out. Pirates and all." She was optimistic and usually the one say its all good even if the roof was caving in on them and no hope of escape.

"Will the engines by online or will we have to fire them up, cause that will take time. Time we might not have, plus if we have to deal with pirates time becomes a precious commodity."

She was glad for the help no fun doing things alone unless of course...well you know..there are only a few things that one does alone that are fun. She smiled.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Kingsley"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom