Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Relationship Goals

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Outfit: xxx
Hollis put her hands on her hips and let out a content sigh.​
The new apartment that she would share with Justice was still quite bare and there were boxes everywhere. But it already felt like home. Of course, she hadn't planned on moving again so soon after settling into the temple... but this was nice. It was a space all their own. Now, they'd be away from all of the hustle and bustle of the temple, but close enough to be there quickly if needed.​
Justice had returned to the temple for a final load of boxes, but would be returning shortly. In the meantime, Hollis figured she'd set to work unpacking. There was quite a lot to do, after all. Their new bed frame needed to be assembled, as did the couch... and their kitchen things needed to be organized. And all their clothes, too. Just thinking about it made her head spin. In her excitement, she'd failed to label a number of her boxes. Hollis drew in a deep breath and opened the nearest one, which turned out to be an assortment of toiletries.​
"Alright, then..." she said, nodding.​
Hollis picked up the box and went into the bathroom. It wasn't anything like the fancy master bath at Judah's villa on Naboo... but it would do nicely. All of the essentials were there. Humming to herself, she started to arrange her various hair products, lotions, perfume, and makeup on the countertop. And she quickly ran out of room. "Hmmm." Hollis tapped her chin. Normally, she liked to have these things out and ready for whenever she needed them... but it did look rather cluttered. Justice probably had things, too. Thinking of his things next to hers made her heart flutter.​
It was really happening.​

Justtemp.png

Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

They were taking a large step forward. Justice had known for a while what he felt for Hollis, and what he wanted. His clumsy and rambly nature had kept him from getting to this point sooner, but the pair had already been taking quick steps in their relationship as it was. He would have never thought he would have fallen for someone as much as he had for the brunette. Granted, he had originally had his affection set on another. It had been nothing more than young infatuation. What Justice felt for Hollis was something deeper.

He had a few more boxes to get from his quarters at the temple. Hollis was left on her own to unpack, and Justice could only imagine how that was going. Both of them were disorganized and much of what they had was kept on display. The interesting part about what they were jumping into was how they would share the space. It was not overly large, even if it was larger than what they had individually. He needed a place for his artifacts at least. If he had that then nothing else really mattered. Justice was going to be with Hollis. It was the one way they knew they could see each other more often than when their schedules allowed it.

Three boxes were in his arms when he came through the front door.

“Hol, I’m home…” that felt… nicely domestic to say.

He set the boxes down and looked at the mountain of chaos in front of them. They were going to have to figure out how to fit it all in the space, and then what things they would have to get rid of. Without a word he went straight to work on putting the bed frame together. Hollis could place things wherever she wanted while he put the furniture together. They needed somewhere to sleep and somewhere to sit. Everything else would fall together. After all, Coruscant was not built in a day.

The last battle played on his mind. She had tried to cut off their connection to protect him, but he had not let her. Feeling whatever she was dealing with was more bearable than not having the sensation of their connection. Without it, Justice feared things would feel lonely in a way he had never known before.

He smiled when she came into view. It did not matter whether she was dressed up or casual. She was beautiful to him, and Justice was clearly in love. Whatever the future held for them, this was the beginning of it, and it was something to celebrate.

“Hey beautiful, need any help?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
A smile found Hollis' face when she heard Justice call out that he was home. Needless to say, she'd felt his presence arrive -- but it was still nice to hear him say the word home. She had just arranged the counter-top with her makeup and essentials. Hollis had stuck the rest of her lotions and such in a small drawer. As her first box was now empty, she peeked into the bedroom where Justice was now working to assemble their new bed frame.​
Her heart skipped a beat.​
He was so, so, so cute. She ran over and wrapped her arms around him, like he'd been gone for days or weeks. Hollis drew in a deep breath, taking in his scent. Maybe it was because they'd both been to war recently, but she felt extra grateful for these moments with him. At the time, trying to close her connection to him seemed the right thing to do -- to spare him any pain. However, Hollis understood now that she'd actually needed the strength of their bond to push through.​
"Let's celebrate tonight," she said, looking up at him fondly. "I'll order a pizza!"
Hollis grinned. Of course, there were... other ways to celebrate, too. And she had the thought to simply interrupt the process of bed-frame assembly altogether. The two of them could spend the afternoon in a tangle of blankets, the mattress on the floor. Then, Hollis blushed rather hard and blinked up at Justice. Had he sensed that?​
"Ah, um...." Hollis glanced around, but kept her arms around him. "What should I do first? I don't really know where to start. There's... so much."

Justtemp.png

Oh, he certainly picked up on what she had been thinking. Hollis’ idea of celebrating was something Justice was more than happy to indulge in. She would likely sense the playful thoughts which bounded around his mind as the rest of him continued his work on the bed.

“Pizza and cheap noodles, the food of new couples in a new place, sounds good to me.”

Justice was all smiles of course. The fact they had actually taken this step was something he could not be anymore thrilled about if he had tried. Once they had made their minds up about each other things had progressed at a rapid pace, but there was nothing about it the young Jedi held in regret. The only thought that lingered in the back of his mind was what the future held for them. With the state of the galaxy he could not help but worry slightly. Even if he was happy, there was the part of him which was realistic as well.

They had not really talked about what happened during the last battle. Justice knew she had been attacked. He knew she had tried to spare him the feeling of it through their bond. It was almost as if they had both accepted things like this would happen. Justice was only grateful she had not been too seriously injured. She came back alive, whole, but he did wonder how she was holding up.

She seemed happy, but Justice still remembered his first few battles. He knew what she was prone to be thinking and feeling at some point. Just figured she would bring it up when she was ready. Until then, he would not press the issue, even if he was eager to help her through it all.

“Let’s get this room set up first, then maybe you can work on the kitchen if you didn’t get it unpacked yet.”

Justice shrugged. He had been moving the boxes most of the day and was unsure of what she had actually finished.

“Oh and we probably need to figure out what to do with duplicate things… not sure if we have any of that, but um… yeah.”

Yeah… that was all he could say? Justice really needed to work on not being so clumsy around the woman. They were living together after all. He still behaved like the tongue-tied lovesick puppy around her. It was likely endearing, but it was going to get old if he didn’t stop.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Of course he'd sensed it.​
Hollis could only smile... and maybe blush a little bit, too. "Sounds like we have a plan," she said, laughing happily. Working on completing one room was a better way to approach it. While Justice had been shuffling boxes, she had simply been unpacking whatever box she'd opened. Which meant that the kitchen had some things, the bathroom, too. And there were some random things here and there.​
"Oh, good thinking!" she replied when he mentioned duplicate items. "I'll get an empty box for that... and I'll make sure to label that one." Perhaps those things could be donated or given to the NJO for other paddies just beginning their life at the temple.​
She let him keep working and sat down on the floor nearby to put in orders for delivery.​
Atrisian noodles, check. Pizza, check.​
"Okay, food will be here in about an hour or so." Hollis opened a few boxes until she found bedroom items: blankets, sheets, and some clothes. This would be a good start. Pulling the closet doors open, she tried to picture how to organize things. It was spacious, but it was no walk-in-closet. It'd do for most of their linens and such though.​
Hollis knew that she was avoiding actually talking about the battle.​
Even though Justice had opened up to her about his experience with the Sithspawn... she was having trouble doing the same. Mostly, she didn't want him to worry about her. She'd come out of it well enough, after all. Though, sometimes when she closed her eyes... she could still see the gruesome images created by the Sith. She did her best to cover it all with an 'I'm fine!' mentality.​
"So," Hollis started, as she walked some of the sheets to the closet. She turned a glance over her shoulder at Justice. "When did you first know that you liked me?" It was something she was curious about.​

Justtemp.png

When did he first know that he liked her?

“I think the minute you bumped into me.”

Just shrugged with a smile. Was it too much to know he liked her from that moment? Justice did not think so. His life had been one decision after another it seemed, and he had decided she was cute, and getting to know her more made him realize she was someone he wanted to be with. Did he need to admit that he had still liked Briana when they met? She knew, but she also knew that his affection and love belonged to her and her alone. Why else would they have taken this step?

“What about you?

The question was fair in return. Justice was genuinely curious as well. Considering he had never truly felt acceptance by anyone before Hollis, he wondered what it was that made her like him. Yes, his self-esteem was better than what it had been, but Justice had not held himself in the same light when the pair had first met.

He continued to work on the bed, and when the frame was finished, he set the mattress on the bed and took his time to make it just so. He supposed this was the one chance to see their bed made. Justice knew they would likely have the apartment a mess in no time. They were busy, and they both lived in a world of clutter.

“What do you think,” he finally asked when the nightstands were in place, the bed was made, lamps were where they were supposed to be.

Justice looked at their room. It was a nice little room. His eyes floated to Hollis eagerly hoping she would like it as well.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis couldn't help but smile at his answer.

Who knew it would have been such a good way to meet a guy? It'd been a very happy accident. That trip to Tython had been life changing, really. At the time, she couldn't have known about his feelings for Briana. Hollis just hadn't learned that much about sensing things yet. Looking back, she understood it all now. It had just been a crush. And Hollis certainly wasn't the jealous type. She knew that his heart belonged to her, just as hers belonged to him.

"I knew I liked you... pretty much from the first moment we met," Hollis said, pausing her work to grin at Justice. "I think that's probably why I crashed into you, actually. I thought you were really cute and didn't want to embarrass myself..." Hollis laughed.

When Justice finished setting up the bedroom furniture, Hollis turned. Her own boxes were now mostly empty, including the ones that had clothes. He would now be able to find some things to wear in his dresser and some in the closet hung up, too. She'd taken to putting her own things away at a more leisurely pace.

"It looks great,"
she said, breathing a content sigh. It was all really starting to come together.

Hollis walked over and gave Justice a brief hug, and then she lay down on the bed. "Mmm, this is nice." Her eyes closed, but a smile remained on her face. The brunette could probably have napped right then and there, but she knew that their food was due to arrive any time.

Her eyes opened again and fixed Justice in an affectionate glance. "This is going to be the best, isn't it?"

Justtemp.png

“Love at first sight then, hmmm?”

Justice chuckled a bit. The thought that he was distracting while on a mission was both quite the ego boost, but also a cause for concern. He remembered how he had behaved when she thought she was in danger, when the feline predator was leaping toward her. Justice had stepped in and killed the beast, but not from a calm or peaceful place. It had been from fear, a desire to protect, even a possessive place.

Then there was the matter of what they had yet to really talk about. Hollis had tried to shut him out of their connection in an attempt to protect him. This had been something which could have been devastating, but Just decided to hold on. She would not succeed in shutting him out even if he had not seen everything the Sith had tried to poison her mind with.

“Mhmm it is,” Justice nodded in reply.

He sat on the edge of the bed as his thoughts had shifted from their apartment to the subject of the invasion. It was eating at him a little, not enough that he felt insecure about their relationship, but enough that felt the need to say something about it.

“Why did you try shutting me out? What did she show you?”

It was definitely going to kill the mood of the room. Justice would rather pull her into a kiss and make mad passionate love to the woman, but he also needed to know. How was going to help her heal if she kept it a secret? Sure Just could likely find the answer through their bond, but he was not going to press, not that way.

“It’s okay to talk about it.”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
It really had been love at first sight.

Hollis smiled at Justice, still in wonder that that moment on Tython had led to all this. But then, the smile faded from her face, leaving her expression a bit dim as Justice asked her about the recent battle.

Yes, she supposed that it would be best to talk it through. But even thinking about the things she'd seen made her voice catch in her throat. Her dark eyes shifted away from Justice as the tears started to flow onto her pillow. Hollis sat up and scooted over to Justice, her arms wrapped around him.

"I didn't want her to hurt you, too," Hollis said, her voice cracking.

At the time, her first instinct had been to try to protect Justice – to spare him any pain. Now, she was beginning to understand the flaw in that plan. She needed him, just as he needed her. Though, she didn't want to say what the Sith had shown her because it'd hurt so much to see it.

Hollis drew a shaky breath. "She... she made me see things. And I knew it wasn't real, but it felt real." She nestled against his shoulder. The Sith had tapped into her feelings, seen her fears. Hollis could still hear the hum of the red saber, and she could see it piercing his chest all over again.

"I-I saw her... killing you."

The conversation, no doubt, would cast a pall on their evening. However, it was important to get it-- the good and the bad -- out in the open, especially if they were going to build a life together.

Justtemp.png

"I-I saw her... killing you."

Justice sat quiet for a while. He knew how he would have felt had he seen the same thing. His reaction when the feline had gone after Hollis sent Justice into action and fury Hollis had never seen before. Justice lost his arm defending Brianna. His knack for leaping into action without though to defend those he cared about was one of the qualities which would likely get him killed one day, but the feeling attached to it was what drove Hollis.

He wanted to understand why she had waited to talk to him about it, but there was part of him that did not. They had been open about so many things. The moment of vulnerability they had shared when he let her touch the seam of his arm for the first time had felt like some kind of declaration they could share anything. Now, he could sense the emotion coming from her, emotion that clouded what Justice should have taken away from this.

Still he pulled her close and began to run his fingers through her hair as she leaned into him.

“And yet, here I am,” he said, “All two pieces of me.”

His attempt at humor was likely ill timed, but Just needed to make an attempt to lighten the mood. He would not have been himself had he not tried at least. A smile pulled at the corners of his mouth as he thought it was funny himself.

“We knew this was not going to be easy, and with every battle we engage there will always be a chance that it could end in death. I suppose what matters more is how we spend the moments between the end of one battle and the beginning of the next.”

It seemed simple. Justice would likely never understand the profound wisdom in what he had spoken, but he knew it was true. They had decided to spend their lives together in spite of what they knew. Their decision had not been uninformed. They looked at the possible outcomes and chose to bet on themselves, on their love for each other. If anything they would be happier in life even if the likelihood was that it might be shorter.

Justice simply held Hollis for a time. They were not in a hurry to finish anything.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis nodded against Justice's shoulder, and she hid her eyes there as she soaked through his sweatshirt with tears. His words hit home; Hollis knew he was right. They had both accepted the responsibilities that came with the Jedi life. Many Jedi fell in battle, but they were doing what was right and making the galaxy a better place. Still, Hollis found little comfort in that fact at the moment.​
"I know," she said, sitting up and wiping her face with the sleeves of her shirt.​
Hollis sighed, unsure how to put all of her feelings into words.​
"I... I guess I just," she started. "Didn't want you to feel any of my pain. I didn't want you to know I was hurting... and I didn't want it to hurt you, too." A small shrug of her shoulders, and she continued. "I don't know why I didn't say anything... I mean, I guess you probably already knew."
She took his hand and held it in both of hers, almost as if she were trying to memorize exactly how his hand felt. Hollis had never really thought of herself as brave before. But, now she was beginning to see herself as a protector – she wanted to keep others safe. Just before she'd been knocked out on Metellos, she'd put a force barrier around Miri, without even a thought for herself. This feeling was magnified greatly when she thought about Justice.​
Hollis blew out a big breath. "Thanks for making me talk," she said, her smile returning. Leaning close, she put her forehead against his briefly before meeting his lips in a kiss. "I feel better now."
But she was getting hungry.​
Fortunately, a knock at the door would signal their food's arrival.​

Last edited:

Justtemp.png

"But, I’m going to feel your pain,” Just said softly. “But, I’m also going to feel your joy, happiness, and pleasures. If dealing with your pain means I get access to all of those, then bring it on!”

Just chuckled a little. Even though he was being a little silly to lighten the mood between them, he was also being serious. He did not want to imagine a world where he would be cut off from the things that made their bond so powerful and strong. There were always going to be parts of any good thing that were not ideal, and Just knew that. Hollis, what they shared, was worth all the drawbacks of their force bond and the relationship they had.

He smiled when she kissed his lips.

“I’m glad you talked about it. You do realize you’ll never be able to hide when something is eating at you, just like you’re always going to know when I am in some kind of funk.”

His stomach growled. It made Justice laugh.

“And apparently we will always know when I am hungry.”

Hollis got up to answer the knock at the door. It would be the pizza she ordered. Justice quickly washed his hands after all the moving and work he had done, and set up a box for them to use as a table. A blanket was thrown over the top as a tablecloth. He bowed sightly and motioned to the table when Hollis turned around with the pizza.

“Your table, my lady.”

Just chuckled again.

“Gonna have to pretend there are candles. Fancy first dinner in our new place!”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
"I know," she said, nodding when he mentioned they'd never really be able to hide anything from each other. And all of his words had only affirmed the commitment they'd made. Hollis felt a bit silly for not having brought up the battle earlier, but she hadn't wanted to put a damper on the excitement of moving in together. And, perhaps, she hadn't truly wanted to acknowledge the fact that she was scared to lose Justice. The Sith had been spot on when it came to honing in on her number one fear. It was unsettling.​
Nevertheless, it was the life they'd both chosen.​
Now, Hollis knew it was time to focus on the present -- and maybe the future, too. She'd gotten up to answer the door, paid for the order, and returned with a hot pizza that was big enough for a small party or a large family. Even so, the two of them would probably make quick work of it... or they'd luck out and have some lunch leftovers for tomorrow.​
When she returned to the living room to find a makeshift table, Hollis grinned. "My goodness," she said, setting the pizza box down on the cardboard-box table. "This looks great. Very romantic, actually." And she wasn't being sarcastic, she really meant it. Hollis grabbed another blanket before sitting down next to Justice and spreading it over both their laps. It was starting to get a bit chilly, probably because they'd yet to really fuss with the temp controls and all that.​
"This is the only way to eat pizza," she said, laughing. "Nice and cozy."
Hollis took a slice of pizza and bit into it, completely ignoring the fact that it burnt the roof of her mouth a little. It was best when it was hot, after all. "You know..." she started, and her eyes shifted to find Justice in a sidelong glance. "Next time, we should just go together. When there's a battle, I mean. We can look out for each other, keep each other safe."
Now that'd she'd come back from Metellos, Master Nemore was even giving her some more freedom. Her hard work was paying off.​

Justtemp.png

There were other ways to eat pizza, but Justice was pretty sure Hollis would smack him if he even suggested what he was thinking. Part of him was still dumbfounded that she had actually liked him in return, and another part of him happy things had already progressed to where they were. He was nervous in a very good way. Hollis was abound to know how he felt because of their bond, but he did not care. There was a security in knowing what the other flet, and how much of it was so similar.

He liked the way her aura radiated when she was happy, when he did something to make her happy. Justice did not wait too long to start eating the pizza. It was fresh, the only other way to eat pizza that truly mattered. Cold pizza was fine for some, but Justice liked foods that were meant to be hot to actually be hot when he ate it. Nothing was better than fresh. Her comment drew him back though.

Justice did not say anything as he finished the slice of pizza. They should fight together. They made a great team, a better team than most. Their bond ensured they could work well together. Being able to anticipate what a partner would do was important, and the pair never lacked in that area. There was only one thing Justice was concerned about.

“You don’t think that would be a problem do you? Remember how I reacted when the feline tried to kill you?”

What he really wanted to ask was if she remembered how he let his emotions and feelings get the better of him. Sure he saved her from injury or worse, but he had thought nothing about his own safety in the process. It had been the same with Briana, even if he did not want to bring the situation up this time. One area Justice knew he needed work was how to process his emotions and feelings in a way that was more productive. He wanted to be more proactive than reactive.

“I just wouldn’t want to do something stupid.”

Justice kissed Hollis on the cheek.”

“I really do plan on sticking around for a while. In fact, I want to be around long enough that we eventually outgrow this space. Everything about us is so right… and well… you’re my future.”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis chewed her pizza thoughtfully. She sensed why Justice had brought up the incident with the cat-like creature they’d encountered. His reaction had come from an emotional reaction; he wanted to protect her. He’d expressed concern about this before. Her gaze softened as she found his eyes.​

Instinctively, she reached out and gave his hand a squeeze. “Maybe it would be a good exercise for us,” Hollis said. “Focusing on each other, but drawing on the bond to help us. We can use it to keep us grounded.”
Well, that’s what she hoped. Of course, the battlefield was an unpredictable place. However, based on her last experience, it’d helped immensely to have a partner at her side. It had kept her from giving up or giving in to the Sith’s twisted visions. Had she been alone? Hollis wasn’t sure she liked that idea. Needless to say, their lives would be a lot less stressful without all of the life or death battles… but it was the life they’d chosen, even before they met.​
“It’ll be fine.” Hollis added, giving Justice an optimistic smile.​
When he spoke about the future – their future – Hollis moved closer to him. Of course, girlish thoughts had occurred – like thinking about her name being Hollis Lesan. She was fairly certain that’s what the future held. But what about other… things?​
“Outgrow this place… as in,” Hollis said, blinking. “Like, having a family?”

Justtemp.png

Every decision the pair had made had been leading themselves to a future together. Why should it not lead to the next generation? It was not that Justice had been thinking about it too often, it was just a thought that came to mind as they settled into their first place together. Hollis certainly picked up on the comment, and whether or not Justice wanted to talk about having children, it seemed they were at least dreaming together, or maybe she did not want any.

Suddenly it felt awkward and Justice did as usual.

“Well… I mean… I was just saying… we could get a dog or pets or you know there are all kinds of reasons why we might outgrow this place.”

He began to blush.

“But, I mean, yeah having a family could be a good thing. Though at the same time it is terrifying. I think we have talked about how dysfunctional mine is. I don’t know my dad. My brother died when I was young, and I didn’t amount to what my mom thought I should. Uncle Judah is the closest thing to a father figure I have in my life… and c’mon… it’s Uncle Judah.”

Justice had to chuckle about that. He also thought the best way to stop all his rambling was to stuff another bite of pizza into his mouth. It allowed him to collect his thoughts.

“I just don’t see life without you anymore. We are a great team, and we would work well in battle together. That makes it hard to think about a family. I’ve seen what happened between Judah and my cousin. Master Valery is raising her daughter by herself. I think before that day comes we just both need to know that is what we want.”

He smiled.

“I want a family with you someday. Kids all over the place… though just knowing how both of us are… they’re doomed to be clumsy… every single one of them!”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

The air between them felt... awkward.

Hollis blushed slightly, had it been too soon to bring up such a subject? Kids were kinda a big deal, after all. Justice was right, however, there were plenty of reasons they might outgrow this apartment. If her knitting really took off, her growing yarn collection alone could be the cause... not to mention the artifacts Justice brought home from his digs.

"Yeah," she said, her cheeks still glowing red. "Good, but terrifying." It was a pretty good way to frame it. Hollis nibbled a second slice of pizza, and paused mid-bite when Justice started to speak again.

He smiled, and she couldn't help but do the same.

"Clumsy and cute," Hollis amended, chuckling. "Kids all over the place, huh?" A new generation of Jedi, perhaps? "I'd like that."

Of course, there were things that definitely came before having children. Moving in together was probably the first step in that direction – rings, white dresses, honeymoons... And while there may have been a folder on her datapad filling up with ideas already, Hollis wasn't truly in a hurry. They could enjoy the present, life as it was – just them.

Still, there was something else...

"Speaking of family," Hollis said, and paused to finish chewing her bite of pizza. "My parents... would like to meet you." She offered a somewhat sheepish smile. Maybe he'd been expecting that, but maybe not... "They've heard a lot about you." Hollis giggled.

Justtemp.png

The potentially awkward conversation had taken a sweeter turn. Things had a way of doing that with the pair. There was not much they had not been able to overcome at this point in their relationship. However, Hollis had to mention her parents. They wanted to meet him.

Justice gulped, and it was loud.

“Not that I am opposed to it, but um… what if they don’t like me?”

It was a valid question. Justice botched everything the first time it seemed. Even the way he had asked Hollis out on a fate was full of stammering and rambling. When he got nervous he just could not stop, and he knew how that was going to look in front of parents. They would think he was hiding something. And then there was the whole question about their sleeping arrangements. Was Justice just supposed to openly admit they were living together and that they were sleeping together as well?

Naboo was a nice place to visit though, at least since it was rebuilt after the devastation it suffered some time ago. He eventually nodded in agreement because there was no way around it. The future they were trying to plan had to get past that obstacle before it could even start, besides, it might not even be that big of a deal. They could end up loving him instead. That was the preferred outcome after all.

He kissed Hollis on the forehead before getting up and beginning to clear their empty plates. Their lives had been colliding together ever since the day she ran into him, and Justice would not have had it any other way. It was unbelievable how perfect they were together, and that was likely what worried him. Something was going to tear at them eventually. Justice knew that battle would only try their relationship, and what happened if they were ripped away from each other as fast as they had been brought together?

Justice kept his thoughts to himself for now. They had discussed all of this before, but it was in his nature to keep thinking about it all. They were talking about a family, one he already wanted to protect. How could his children have what he never did if he was not around for them, or their mother.

He fixed a smile on his face before turning back to look at Hollis.

“Have I told you how much I love you yet today?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis offered Justice a sweet, slightly apologetic smile when she heard the audible gulp. "Are you kidding?" she asked, chuckling. "They'll love you."
Well, Hollis knew her mother would. She often talked to her mum on the holo or messaged her, she had the same disposition... but with none of the awkwardness. She'd welcome Justice with open arms for sure. Her father, however, was quite a different story. And it was a story that Hollis would put off until later... possibly right before they arrived at the front door.​
Her father was... protective. And he usually came off a bit stern. He didn't have the sunny personality that Justice knew from Hollis.​
She glanced down for a moment and looked at her empty plate. Her smile returned when she felt Justice place a kiss on her forehead. A feeling of warmth filled her heart as she watched him clearing up the dishes. Indeed, she was a very lucky woman.​
"I don't think you have," Hollis said, smiling. He would certainly feel the swell of affection in the force, her feelings flowed easily through their bond. She rose and stretched, then stepped over to catch Justice in a hug. For a long moment, she just held him and let her head rest on his shoulder.​
Of course, she'd sensed his nervousness when she'd brought up meeting her parents. She couldn't blame him, honestly. But, he said he wasn't opposed to the idea. So...​
"Umm, well, there was one more thing," Hollis started and cleared her throat as daintily as she could. "My parents invited us for Life Day." She looked up at him, eyes a bit wide but she was smiling.​

Justtemp.png

Clearly Just had not told her enough if she had not heard his endearment after a full day’s work.

“Well then, I love you very much,” he replied before giving Hollis a long kiss.

Her head rested on his shoulder as they held each other for a moment. Their future was barreling toward them very quickly, and moments like this one where everything seemed so perfect needed to be cherished. He could feel how much she loved him. The bond they shared continued to deepen everyday. There had been moments Justice was not sure where his aura ended and hers began. It beautiful and terrifying at once, but the Jedi would not have wanted it to be any different.

“Life Day?”

The question seemed to indicate she had caught him off guard. In truth he had not given it much thought. As a child he did not celebrate with family often, and amongst he Jedi he had no one to really consider. The party he had tried to throw the previous year after the loss of his arm had been a bust, and so it had been filed away in the back of his mind. Their future together would also include holidays and special events.

He nodded, and kissed her forehead.

“Obviously they want us there. I just have to remind myself that is what normal families do.”

Hollis knew Justice had not had a normal upbringing, not compared to her at least. While he should have been nervous about celebrating with complete strangers, aside from his lover, Justice was happy. This would be the first time he would celebrate Life Day like anyone else, and something about that was comforting. He finally would get to blend in, aside from the fact he would likely stammer and ramble his entire way through it all.

“Sounds wonderful. Tell them we are coming.”

He grinned and looked back toward their makeshift bedroom. His eyes looked mischievous as he turned back to Hollis.

“Should we try out that bed now?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom