Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Regarding starship upgrade/affiliation update

Probably a needless question, but it's more of an excuse to 'reopen communications'. Start posting here again.

So, I've been absent for over a year and was hoping to return to RP. I was thinking of benching this character for now, or at least relegate it to a secondary role, and create a brand new character.

This character owns his own ship, created by me, and I was thinking of expanding its affiliation to the new character as well.

If I understand correctly, and seeing as the posts are locked after approval anyway, I have to make a request on the factory modifications forum even for such a small change as adding a second owner to the ship. That's okay, and I'll probably might as well use that opportunity to make other modifications to the submission as well.

The actual question is, what happens to the currently approved submission in the meanwhile? Can I still continue to use it with this character, as is, while the updated version is awaiting approval?

And, for example, can I later jump back and forth between both versions if doing some sort of time skip RP? Or would it just be better to submit a new ship as the updated version of the current one, clearly stating that both versions can't coexist at the same time, since one is the upgraded/current version of the other?

Factory modification just opens the original sub for you to make edits, it doesn't create a new sub, and you can still use it while you're editing. Technically, you're allowed to use subs before approval anyway. It's more for flavor, since writing is ultimately more important. Also, since you own it, you don't even really need to edit the affiliation. Just put in your bio how the second character obtained it. That's all you really need. You're basically giving yourself permission to use your own sub.

Of course, if there's other things you want to add to the ship, upgrades and such, then you can add your second character under affiliation there while you're modifying it. But if you don't want to change anything other than ownership between your characters, that isn't necessary.

Spek Zhio Spek Zhio | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Corbin is correct. A submission which is put into modification is treated as still approved, and once you're done the judges will give it a once over to check it's all good before we move it into the approval forum. If the only change you're making is in the affiliation, then you odn't need to as you can effectively give yourself permission.

Ok, you know I don't think I can say it any better than Corbin lol.

In terms of your last question, If you want to do a lot of skipping back and forth then it would be better to resubmit it, but we generally deny the old sub once the upgrade has been processed. However, how you use a sub in RP is generally up to you so if it's a limited thing, or you just want to limit the sub to its old capabilities.

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher John Locke John Locke

Thank you both for the replies, it was very helpful.

Knowing that small changes more related to RP and to my own subs don't require full re-submissions is quite helpful.

I'll ask for the submission to be put into modification anyway and make a few changes, since I think it would help create a clear cut between both past and present crew. I'll also clearly identify what is an upgrade so as to make easily determinable what was in the old sub, if ever needed.

And no, I'm not thinking of doing a lot of time skipping, probably just the one which I'll use to introduce the new character - once I actually get it done! Xp

Again, thank you both!

I'll also clearly identify what is an upgrade so as to make easily determinable what was in the old sub, if ever needed.
Glad to be of help. Also, a list of changes is needed, but it can either be in a spoiler of modifications at the bottom of the sub or listed in a new post in the thread, tagging John. I personally recommend adding a green or blue + next to anything you're adding, so you can keep track of what you add, especially if there's a lot. Also, it's an easy to denote those as modifications the newest owner made. But that's all up to you.
I also have some ship parts listed here, if you wanna take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom