Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reformation

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Wedding Ring
Tag: Saahar Saahar Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

A few days after...

With a room of her own, new sets of clothing, and after being given some time to get her thoughts sorted out, Valery figured that Saahar would be ready for a next step. Moving away from being a Sith was a big decision, but that darker path would always be part of her history. It was something she needed to learn to live with, and she needed to be able to resist any temptations calling her back. Valery had helped plenty of Jedi with this path, but in most cases, she did call in help from someone who had gone through it himself.

Someone who had opened her eyes to the ability for Sith to redeem themselves, and so much more.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Saahar?" Valery asked after knocking on her door, "If you're awake and dressed, please come out. I'd like you to meet someone rather special today," she said before she'd step back. Her husband, Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , would be arriving at the Temple any moment now — the Temple he had rebuilt for her all those years ago. If anybody could offer some useful advice, it'd be him.

In addition, it would be good for another Council Member to be aware of Saahar and her story.

Saahar frankly had no idea how she ended up in this situation. Sure, she could point to the warehouse bombing, or her ally leaving her for dead, or Valery saving her life multiple times, but nothing felt substantial. Despite the clean new robes, despite the unlimited showers, and despite the generous leg room she had to mull over her thoughts, she still couldn't help but feel like she made these halls unclean.

She also couldn't stop the swirling paranoia that had her pacing her room like some caged animal. She was going to be found out she was sure of it. Either by her old Sith pals or some Jedi who didn't share Valery's optimism. It was only a matter of time and then boom. She'd be dead or jailed and her defection would amount to jackchit-

A procession of knocks was the only thing to shock the girl out of her grim musings. Instinctively a bolt of panic ran through her limbs until Valery's voice confirmed she wasn't in fact about to be ruthlessly dragged back to the Sith by some boogie man.

The girl stood still until Valery had finished, just staring at the door as if she was debating to open it. And in all transparency, she was. Opening that door made her situation real. Too real. After a lapse of heavy silence, Saahar sighed and threw on a tunic over the clothes she slept in, cracking open the door and slipping out.

"You have someone for me to meet?" She asked in confirmation, a bit skeptic of the proposition. Trusting Valery had been slow enough, she didn't know how she felt about adding another person to the equation.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

It wasn't something he'd expected to hear about happening, but it did make him feel far better about their prospects going forward. A Sith that had fled from the order to come to the Jedi. It wasn't often. In fact, he only knew of a couple that had ended up on this path. The sad reality was the Sith were good at making it feel like there were no other paths until their young felt no need to live any other way.

So he arrived at the temple and made his way to where he could feel Valery was waiting. There was a lot to talk about.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Saahar Saahar

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Saahar Saahar

While it took a moment for Saahar to even move, Valery didn't try to rush her at all. This was quite an adjustment to make, so being patient was the very least she could be. But eventually, she heard someone shift inside the room, and the door opened enough for Saahar to slip outside, "Good morning," Valery said with a warm smile.

She already turned and started to walk back towards the stairs, when Saahar asked her question, "That's right. I'd like you to meet my husband, Kahlil Noble," Valery said, and as always, she couldn't keep the warmth out of her voice when she talked about him. Even now, when he agreed to help her with something important, she smiled at the fact he was nearby.

"He was the son of the Sith Emperor until he left and eventually became a Jedi." That was a long story, so she'd spare Saahar the details for now. But it was hopefully obvious why she had arranged this meeting. "He's also the one who rebuilt this Temple, so I'm sure he'd love to hear your opinion about it." Valery smirked, brought them down and across the bridge, to start heading into the Gardens.

Then she saw him, and just smiled

Husband? Son of a Sith Emperor? Not Lord or knight, but Emperor. Any lingering morning exhaustion was quickly burned away at that bombshell. The girl almost went as far as to let out an incredulous laugh spawned from a sudden hysterical feeling. There was literally no way.

And yet, Valery had been routinely honest with her thus far. And maybe having a reformed Sith for a husband explained away why she was so accepting of her. Either way Saahar bit her tongue, her only obvious reaction being a quirked eyebrow. "Oh uh, alright then. I see why you want me to meet him."

As they crossed the bridge, Saahar's gaze landed on who could only be Kahlil. Her very first impression was disappointment. He was taller than her, which was a rarity. But whatever, her ego could take it.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil kept a calm smile as he approached the two. No sudden movements, asides from a dip of his head in agreement, and a general sense of calm hung around him. He knew just how stressful this could be. How different it was to be here, away from the threats of the Sith. How uncomfortable it might feel.

How unsafe it might actually feel for her.

"It's good to meet you in person, Saahar."

Saahar Saahar | Valery Noble Valery Noble

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov
div-orange.png

Valery nodded, "He understands the position you're in, and how you might feel moving forward. He's also a Council Member like me, and someone with a lot of experience. He can help if you ever need it, and otherwise he'll just be a good teacher you might be able to learn something from." It was quite obvious that Valery was extremely fond of him. Her tone couldn't hide that affection, and the smile that appeared when he approached was very warm.

As much as this was important business, she couldn't not be happy to see her husband.

"Hey love," Valery began, "Thank you for coming." She looked at him and resisted the urge to peck him on the cheek or give him a hug for now. Instead. she looked between the two and dipped her head.

"Saahar, this is my husband - Kahlil Noble." She grinned proudly and gently bumped her side into him. "I was thinking we'd go to the Gardens, love. Maybe just chat a little and see where things go?" She glanced at him for approval, and only if he gave it, she'd start leading them there.

Saahar stared at the man a moment, as if gauging whether he was real or not. A reformed Sith? Like a genuine Sith, not whatever lackey she qualified as. After a lapse, she simply dipped her head in acknowledgement, faint distrust just present enough to detect. It would be a while until she stopped looking over her shoulder. Before every new person she met didn't amount to just another potential threat.

"Sith to Council Member? That's... certainly a career change." The girl commented a bit dumbly, not quite sure how she should respond. These Jedi were here to help her, and that wasn't exactly a familiar feeling. Plus, she didn't exactly know how to break the ice otherwise. Oh, you hated slaughtering innocent people in the name of galactic cult? That's crazy me too, what a small world.

At Valery's nudge towards the garden, Saahar couldn't help but look expectantly at Kahili. She hadn't been yet, what with her leg keeping her pretty much bound to her room. It would be a clear and obvious lie to say she wasn't at least a little excited.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Technically there were a couple other twists and turns in there, but that's a longer story." Kahlil chuckled just a little before nodding in agreement with Valery. The garden's would be a good place for them to at least sit and talk, where peace could at least be around them. They had a lot to talk about, he figured.

"Do you have a favorite flower, Saahar?"

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov
div-orange.png

Valery chuckled herself when Kahlil mentioned the twists and turns, though there was something to her eyes that showed it was a topic that made her uneasy as well. Some of those twists and turns had separated them for a while, and even thinking about it made her lose that warmth she had. Luckily, they had something important to focus on, and Kahlil's agreement to go to the gardens pushed Valery out of her thoughts.

"I've got everything there to make some tea, too," Valery added, while she started guiding them towards the Gardens. They were just beyond the bridge, elevator on a large center of stone on the Temple grounds. There were plants and flowers from all across the Galaxy there, all carefully tended to by the droids that maintained this Temple.

It was one of her favorite places to be.

Once there, Valery gestured for a table with a few seats around it, and sat down herself, curious to hear the girl's answer to her husband's question. She had a feeling where it'd go, unless this time he meant it more for casual conversation.

Did she have a favorite flower? Saahar looked up at the man a bit bluntly before regarding the plant life around them. "Uh- I haven't really thought about it. Haven't been in many gardens before." She'd been in approximately zero actually. If there had been any back home they'd most certainly be dedicated to bio-warfare or some other fun Sith hobby. But Valery and Kahlil seemed to be using it for strictly non-lethal reasons, which was- an interesting thought. Whether she liked it or not, it had her lowering her shields by the smallest of margins. Maybe she didn't wat to admit it to herself, but some part of her did want to trust these people.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Then it's a perfect time to find your favorite."

Kahlil gave a brief smile before he found his own spot to sit at the table, to relax calmly. Wait for the tea Valery was currently brewing. There was no hurry to figure anything out, or bring up the fact they were both Sith more than they'd already mentioned. Right now, it was just good for her to experience something normal.

Something that didn't involve pain or death.

"You're welcome to look around. Just be careful of the outer gardens. We've made sure none of the local fauna can get in, but they're surprisingly crafty."

Saahar Saahar | Valery Noble Valery Noble

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov
div-orange.png

"She'll be fine," Valery said with narrowed eyes, clearly a little defensive about her Temple. "The last person to be attacked by an animal here at the Temple was my beloved husband, before it was rebuilt." She flashed him a knowing smirk, as those memories resurfaced. They often did, but how couldn't they? It was the day they met, and what a day it had been.

"You should definitely take your time to enjoy it, though."

New Cov, despite being very deadly, was also very beautiful. It had countless species of fauna and flora, some more exotic than most would believe possible. Among it all, Valery felt certain that Saahar would find her favorite flower.

Valery poured them both a cup of tea a moment later, and placed the cups in front of them, "It might sound silly to try and find a favorite flower, but... it's good to feel that you're able to focus on something like that for once. Even beyond symbolism, it's lovely to just feel that peace."

Saahar made a face at Kahlil's offhand warning. She hated animals. They were always trying to either kill her or raid her camp's foodstuff. As far as she was concerned, they were a nuisance.

Thankfully Valery was quick to distill any worry, redirecting her attention to peace.

"How is a flower supposed to make me feel peaceful?" The girl deadpanned, unable to really understand Valery's implication. She had the emotional intelligence of a blunt object after all. "I don't see how that fixes any of my problems."

Peace would come from freedom, with a complete erasure of her old life. Deep down she feared that was impossible. The Sith had her chained for a while, and the bruises almost felt like they’d never fade at this point. Without really meaning to she looked over at Kahlil, as if trying to sense if he'd really been able to shed the darkness or rather just kept it on a tight leash.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's not. You're not trying to fix a problem right now. It's just.. To find a flower."

There were some things that he wouldn't explain, if only because it defeated the purpose behind it. She needed to learn what peace was, but simply explaining it wasn't going to help. So.. Flowers. He glanced about the garden as he lifted his cup to take a slow sip.

"Don't feel like you need to rush about it, either. You have time."

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov
div-orange.png

Valery looked between the two, noting the various
faces and expressions that occurred as they talked. Saahar seemed a little skeptical about it all, and Valery couldn't blame her. Only a few days ago, she had been with the Sith, instructed to oversee an arms deal, and who knows what else.

Now, she was asked to pick her favorite flower.

Valery couldn't help but snort at the thoughts in her own mind, then quickly flashed a sheepish smile to both of them. Yeah, she was not going to explain that one.

"Don't forget to enjoy your tea either. But he's right — we have time." There were a lot of different flowers in the gardens, many not native to New Cov, but still beautiful. Would she go for something exotic in color? Or perhaps something a little more classic? Valery watched quietly.

Find a flower. The girl blinked down at the hot tea beneath her, watching the steam rise as if she'd find an answer there. Eventually she just sighed, placing a hand on the table before straightening to her full height. Fine. She'd play the game. How hard could it be?

With a raking gaze she took in the garden, every square inch brimming with more life then she'd ever been surrounded by. All at once it felt.. intimidating.

Clearing her throat, Saahar's attention fell onto a patch of plant life a few feet away. An insect hummed over an innocuous swath of green only for some jaw-like vines to snap it out of existence a moment later.

The girl blinked again, this time in genuine surprise. That certainly wasn't something she expected out of a Jedi garden.

Shifting for a closer look, Saahar crouched, her hands placed carefully on her knees.

"Feisty" was her only comment, an amused hum punctuating her words. With something of a smirk on her face, Saahar looked over towards Kahlil and Valery as if in confirmation that they saw what she did..

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil glanced over mid sip as he felt eyes on him, raised a brow. Then glanced to the flower in question before chuckling. He didn't say anything about it, but he nodded. Nature was a brutal, if simple, place. Things were eaten, and there was rarely any remorse over it. But it wasn't a cruel place. Hunt and eat what they must to survive.

"There's a couple others like that here. The pitcher pod is far more passive, but just as effective for example."

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov
div-orange.png

Of course, she picked that one.

Valery snickered, then looked between her and Kahlil for a moment, "I think most plants on New Cov are like that. The ones you see here that are just pretty and don't try to eat you, are likely not native to this world." It was a mistake a lot of people made here. They believed that animals were to be watched carefully.

But the plants were just as deadly.

"If you like what you're seeing, though, maybe I could take you on a trip into the jungle." There was a reason people here lived in domed cities, but a Jedi with the right skills could easily navigate through the jungle safely. Valery had practically grown up here too, so nature felt more like home than most other places did.

She was also a gremlin and a bit of an adrenaline junkie, so dangerous jungles were exciting.

"What do you think, love?"

At the mention of jungle, Saahar’s attention snapped back onto Valery. “Seriously?”

The girl quickly cleared her throat as she heard her own enthusiasm bleed through. That was definitely too much. Typically she was far better at masking her emotions, but in her defense that usually only spanned a very negative spectrum. Excitement was rare and untested for her.

It felt nice.

“I mean yeah. I don't think it would be a bad idea to get a feel of the grounds.” There was a considerable effort to reel back on her sudden slip. Dry, pragmatic answers only.

“I would’ve found my way out there eventually.” A small exhale of amusement followed her statement. It was an attempt at a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom