Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Reflectere

A man can change his stars
S P I N T I R
Caves of Light and Shadow

Stepping outside of the Blue Blur, The engines slowly powered down. The whining sounds elongated and eventually fell silent. The only component left on was a fan that would cool the engine components within. Standing there in the jumpsuit and poncho, I came here of my own volition. It has been a long time since I have attempted to follow the footsteps of Jedi before me. Many years ago, when my mentor Romi Jade Romi Jade was also learning much of her own life, She had come here. Traveling into the caves with a friend of hers. One I knew rather well over the past bit. Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser was here with her. I remember her recalling how she got some special crystals here and in fact, I carried one with me. In my own saber, was a crystal she had gotten from here. I guess, this was me trying to be a Jedi myself.

Ever since our separation due to the Brynadul, the Sith fighting the New Imperials, I had always kept her in my mind. Sometimes thinking I had heard Romi's voice in my head. Giving me guidance when I needed it. If I could attribute her to anyone in my life, she was honestly like a "Cool Mom" figure I had. She wasn't always there, but she was when I needed her to be. She gave me the tools to defend myself, and took me under her wing.

I remember that day. Grabbing an Eclipse cultist's saber and attempting to defend myself with it after my smugger friend perished by the same blade. While that saber was tossed aside for the one she had tasked with me creating, Her attitude of trial by fire has left me with tools and scars to overcome the obstructions in my path. While I wished to see her again, I thought maybe just maybe I could see her here? Though the doubt of that, came to my mind with an image of her holding a saber and fighting some kind of Sith somewhere in the galaxy. That is who she was. Taking to the front of battle to fight for everyone. She had dealt with the darkness in the past. Almost turned by it... I had felt the same.

Being afflicted with the Sith Poison from the Sith Lord known as Xenro Xenro I hoped to maybe one day see him again and show him that I overcame his little bloody trick. Shaking my head as I looked to the opening of the cave system, I breathed in deeply before releasing the sigh the same way.

Over the past time I have attempting to find myself within the many Jedi Orders, attempting to make an enclave of my own, which failed, as well as joining others because they needed help, I only realized that I was slowly losing what it meant to be a Jedi. Having my foundation shifted, with many Jedi being claimed as War criminals for attacking Sith Acolytes, or just attempting to work with the New Imperial Order because they had once stemmed from the Sith Empire, it confused me. All of it. The politics of it all. While I had looked to the various online or small lessons of one Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill and his various talks over the Holonet, and even learned from it, it wasn't enough for me. Just showing up and seeing so many people at each other's throats, all wanting the same thing but going about it in different ways? Ryv Ryv and his facing of the Silver Jedi Council. Kelsie Sylvan Kelsie Sylvan who introduced me to the Spacers Guild and how they were all just wanting to make ends meet.

I shouldn't be so hard on myself. A Jedi should be of one mind, and be gathered in his thoughts. But at the same time, Jedi are supposed to break conventions. To break the evils of the galaxy so that people aren't forced into despair and misery. Hell, the lack of force powers I once had, now manifested with me having a knack for making shields. A real "Defender of Justice" if I had ever seen one. I even had a set of nearly "Knightly Armor" that had a multitude of colored strands of cloth. Accolades to the people I had saved in the Brynadul invasions. People who were given one more day of breathing. Yet, I dare not wear it anymore. I was not a Jedi Knight. I roamed the galaxy. Attempting to find people to help, yet would continue to question my own objective.

I guess- NO. I know that this cave set before me, was my attempt of seeing if I really was up for the challenge of a Jedi Knight. Was my motives true? Was I really meant to be a Jedi? Was Romi right in seeing the light within me? Reaching down to my saber, I drew the weapon. Holding it in my hand. Marred by the battles I have put it through. The loop that held it to my belt replaced multiple times over now. Yet, as I held it, my hand shook with a leaf in the wind. Growling at myself, I threw it back onto my belt. Letting the poncho cover it slightly as I moved towards the mouth of the cave. Pushing inward with a determination to discover everything.

That all of this, was worth it in the end.

Vespera

V
While not normally a fan of any wilderness she didn't already know at least something about, Vespera wasn't exactly thrilled to be in the area. It wasn't the first natural setting in her life though, and she could handle herself well enough in the wilderness so she was as comfortable as she could be and better off than some. By that she was dry and she wasn't starving, nor was she cold, all things considered, she wasn't in bad shape at all. All of this taken into consideration she still prefered to be away from that place as soon as she was able. She had been able to pack up with relative speed that morning and it wasn't a hard hike towards where she assumed some form of civilisation would be, she might call it pleasant of the circumstances where different.

Thus far, nothing had tried to eat her which in Verspera's option always made for a more pleasant outdoor sitting. She knew trail markings well enough to know at least one person had been in the area recently which meant there was likely at least an outpost of some sort with, if she were lucky, ships. If nothing else there would be at least one person she could track down and get some sort of transport out of there. Rather or not the person in question was willing to be helpful was really none of her concern they would do rather they gave her their help or she had to take it for herself. Small gatherings in isolated areas tended not to have enough people to pose much of a threat if it did in fact devolve into violence.

The fact a ship came into her view, proved her point to herself there was someone around here. Whoever it was clearly didn't care rather or not anyone else knew they were there. Otherwise, why leave a ship in plain sight. This prompted her to check that her weapon was in easy reach, it was always best to avoid being caught off guard in these types of things. They were also incautious enough to not cover up their trail, likely assuming no one would come across them. But slightly curious now she walked at a slow pace keeping an eye on them and scanning the area, in case they had friends she made her way behind whoever it was.

"I came here once..." words moving from thought to being audible without much effort, coming from behind him likely.

sigh It was a boring story to others likely, nothing of note. But, to her this place was extremely significant, and something she'd carry with her several years after her visit. This was the place she'd gotten her crystal, and she and Coren...

"Tons of memories here." She sauntered in, stopping short before propping her hands upon her waist.

Was she really here though?

"You've been a tad difficult to track down...I mean yes, but--not really." She smirked.

Kale...

Looking over him now brought a pit to her stomach, in all sorts of ways.

"I see it...I see it all over you. What're you thinking?"

Kaleleon Kaleleon

A man can change his stars
At first, the voice of Romi reaching my ears felt a fabrication of the Cave. Was it her, or was it just the influence of the place in which I stood? I closed my eyes breathing in deeply before turning around to face whatever it may be. Seeing her standing there, I could only... believe that she was actually there. Mentioning memories of this place. I knew she got her crystals here. She had given one to me so that I may have a weapon to use. One that the jedi seemed to almost idolized. Yet, even as there was one on my hip, I felt... like I had let Romi down one more time.

"I don't make it difficult for some."

A quick response to her. I wanted to help all Jedi and Light sided people of the galaxy. It was part of me to aid them. The Silver Jedi against the Brynadul? I was there time and time again. The Galactic Alliance against the Sith Empire? I have been there. The New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi and their arguments? I was there too. I wanted what was best for the people of the galaxy. Through the aid of others, I have learned that this shouldn't reach to only Jedi, but to all people. And it was conflicting with me quite a bit. I had conflict. I knew it. There was much that I questioned. Ever since that day she took me under her wing, all I have done was... disappoint. Injuring myself, injuring her, making her look bad in front of others. Being a "Roaming Jedi Padawan" instead of with my Master.

I bowed my head deeply as she saw something wrong. She could feel it. I sighed. Pulling the saber from my side once more, I could feel her eyes on me.

"I broke it."

Holding it aloft slightly, just as if to look at it for myself but unsure if I wanted to hand it to her.

"I didn't want to face you with another problem I had. I want- Needed to fix this. You came here for the crystals, and I came in search of them of my own. Maybe to find them, or... something.... more?"

I needed to test myself. Was I really worthy of this weapon? This tool to defend those who I had never heard or seen before? I couldn't just be handed another crystal. I was no master of the force, nor did I believe myself to be. Even now, I knew I still had more to climb. More to learn. This was just part of the path I needed to take. With, or without Romi.

Romi Jade Romi Jade

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom