Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refining Feedback Commentaries

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sup readers. You ever submit an idea to Staff here in this forum only to get bombarded with a dozen different opinions from community members as to why you are right, wrong, better, worse, already implemented, totally insured, or maybe just one of those random comments spoken aloud from the diva crowd. ...Yeah. Me2. So, new idea incoming!

Dear Staffers,

How about no more commentaries from the members in this forum. (Worked wonders for Factory Subs.) Lol. Could really help your workflow too. Just imagine: 1 post to read. Instead of 30 posts from 30 people batting around 30 ideas about who's got a better suggestion about the suggestion from the OP.

I know. It's beautiful and it still doesn't end up in your PM box. Nice. :p

___

Q: But I haz an opinions about that suggestion/question/idea!?
A: You could always PM or Skype them and attempt to work cooperatively. Or, we could all trust just a little bit more that the Staff aren't complete idiots to begin with. They know a bad idea when they see one. And besides, Tef and the Staffers always request feedback from the community before doing anything drastic.

Q: What about a Suggestion/Question/Idea Talk Thread?
A: Ugh. ...Sure. Always helps to trim the fat and filter a few rough ideas through the community first. But there are probably other Discussion Forums we could use for that anyway. Like, any of them.

Q: What if I really-really-really want to speak to the Whole Community?
A: Blogs, General Discussion, RP Discussion, Factory Discussion, etc. You've got a dozen ways to talk to the whole community. Again, limiting the idle thoughts that get thrown around this forum is not the end of the world. ...Mostly.

Q: Should GIFs be mandatory too?
A:
tumblr_njqstq4PH71s0amwgo1_540.gif

The answer is: No. But plausible. :D

This is ironic for me to do then, but...

I suppose if the original poster wanted to, they could say something like.

"I'm only looking for a response from staff members. Otherwise please don't reply."

Otherwise the whole idea is that people are looking for feedback on their own feedback/suggestions, too. I can also safely assume it can be a relief for staff members to find out someone else has answered appropriately what they would've said; which takes away time, too.

And I'll get a bit cliche and say this. It's just my opinion, and that's the beauty of forums: It's just opinions and when you have more than one that's when things get better. I've found so far that I've successfully been able to get suggestions across, the staff have been more than helpful, and numerous people have been able to sway or reinforce the opinions of others by being able to respond. More restrictions mean more work for the staff, anyway. That's why restrictions should be reactionary rather than preventative.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Questions for Staff. Suggestions for Staff. Feedback for Staff.

I totally thought this was a 'Dear Staff' forum. If that's not the case and it's really a 'Free-for-All Forum'? Well, kark me. :p

You are right, wrong, better, worse, already implemented, totally insured, or and maybe just one of those random comments spoken aloud from the diva crowd.

:p

Jay Scott Clark said:
Questions for Staff. Suggestions for Staff. Feedback for Staff.

I totally thought this was a 'Dear Staff' forum. If that's not the case and it's really a 'Free-for-All Forum'? Well, kark me. :p
Suggestions for the site, feedback for the site/staff, questions that are either for the site, or a particular aspect of the site. If a member knows the answer to the question, I do not see an issue with them answering it. That's why there's a "best answer" highlight, and why there are rules for how to respond to these suggestions/questions/etc. I try to stay out of feedback or suggestions unless the suggested idea already exists or if there's confusion on something.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darth Vitium said:
...for the site,
Are you sure?

___

THIS FORUM IS OOC-ONLY. DO NOT SPAM.

WHEN REPORTING ERRORS
Please use the following form with no deviations. If you do not use this form, it may delay Staff in solving your problem.
  • Short Description: [Keep at just a short sentence and please use as the titles]
  • Browser: [Chrome, Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc. Please include the version number as well]
  • Severity: [Please note whether it's unique to just one of your profiles, all of your profiles, or if everyone is affected]
  • Description: [Describe the problem in detail. However, please state just the facts and what you observe.]
  • Screenshots: [Link any and all screenshots]
  • Link to Thread: [If applicable]
WHEN ASKING QUESTIONS
Please tell us as much as you can. Be completely honest, and tell us every detail. No question here is a stupid quesiton.

WHEN ANSWERING QUESTIONS
Any question may be answered by a member of the community, but if you do not 100% know the answer or cannot help in the least bit, DO NOT RESPOND. You are only wasting valuable space in the thread. This forum is not here to increase your post count, it is here to help people.

___

...That's sounds a whole lot like it's Staff centered and focused. Words like: Staff helping you, tell us, and if you don't know the answer 'do not respond'. :p

Honestly, I'm with JSC.

For one, this thread was a suggestion that has now turned into a discussion.

Secondly, I can't say how many times I've seen a wrong answer posted here only to be corrected by a Staff member. Many people forget that they might be wrong, or just choose not to care.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom