Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Refined Crystal Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 7 points; Designed to allow seven crystals to be set within a lightsaber hilt.
    • Combinations:
      • Healing crystal of fire with arkannes crystal shards and pontite to augment healing capabilities and mental focus to increase a healers stamina.
      • Upari and damind crystals to refine and focus the blade for improved control for dueling.
      • Pontite, smokestone and kasha crystals to enhance the mental capabilities and focus of the force user holding it.
STRENGTHS
  • Larger Augmentation: Designed to be able to hold additional crystals.
WEAKNESSES
  • Terou Metal: The terou metal reacts violently to dark and anti-matter. With the crystals it can generally cause large explosions.
  • Placement: The assembly is designed to be used specifically with the hilt and other refined components of the lightsaber. THe larger assemble being able to be shrunk down with the disruptor mirrors and secured in place with the lens and emitters that have been carefully designs for the hilt. In other sabers it will extend the hilt drastically into more a long handled blade and the energy going through the crystals will need to be higher. Small fractures in the crystals can cause a destabilization of the assembly.
DESCRIPTION
One of the final pieces for a lightsaber to be worked on. The crystal assembly is a small tube that is designed to hold several crystals compared to the older designs which allowed three. Generally two and a kyber crystal that determined the color of the blade. Krass worked with the older model and using more sophisticated methods to place and hold them. The larger amount functions with the hilt that uses molecular disruption technology to shrink down the assembly to fit into the refined hilt that she developed that has internal mirrors to properly allow the components to sit within the hilt. The increased length and crystals for the power to go through is different, it requires more careful selection of the crystals themselves as blemishes and cracks can make the assembly unstable with the increased power running through the crystals and the combinations of crystals allows for a lot of chances to really experiment.

Last edited:
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms - So, there are a few points I wanted to touch on here. Firstly, a clarification. Provided the lightsabre's generalized structure remains the same, having a larger crystal assembly would imply that something else finds itself pushed out of the Hilt - or significantly reduced. If what I've read from your submission is correct - one would assume that through the use of molecular disruptors... the entire assembly and the selection of crystals therein have been shrunk down so they can fit within the Hilt?

If that's true, I would highly recommend re-wording your description to explain this submission's capabilities better. Also, as Molecular Disruptor is mentioned directly, I would advise hyperlinking the Wookieepedia article to this submission for ease of reference.

Secondly, how would this crystal assembly affect the Lightsabre on the whole? By conventional standards, power is drawn from one energy source and sent through up to three focusing crystals, which generates a blade from the emitter. By adding up to four additional crystals and potentially splitting the drawn power seven ways... where each installed crystal has various effects... there's bound to be some significant drawbacks regarding blade instability and generation here.

While the composition of the installed crystals can, and likely are endless - I'm not going to ask you to flesh out every possible combination. However, I think it would be good to use some conventional setups, alongside their respective drawbacks to avoid any and all comparisons to the Infinity Gauntlet and their Stones. I've mentioned that fictional item from the Marvel universe because that's the very vibe I get from reading this submission, despite the intent being used in a weapon - rather than a literal gauntlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom