Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red, Red Wine

Ibaris Varanin

I
With the dunking, there came a profound squeal before she was utterly submerged, and she did everything within her power (well, everything that wouldn't lead to serious injury) to wrest herself from [member="Liam Quez"]'s grasp and resurface again. There was a bit of beating on his back with her fists involved, and defying expectations, she wasn't mad (not nearly so much, maybe a wee bit), but very surprised and, were she to admit it, she was now having fun.

"Force damn you, Liam. I'll get you back for that!"

You know, at some point, at the best possible opportunity. Whenever that was bound to happen. She spit water out of her mouth in a stream and clawed her hair back, out of her face, splashing ineffectually at the blonde when he resurfaced. It didn't occur to her to think over the ramifications of what had just happened, the possible consequences. Not necessarily bad, at least not in his eyes, and she'd have snorted at the thought if she'd been thinking it at all. Fortunately, [member="Hylocereus"] came along with some glasses of red stuff, and when he handed her one, she thanked him as she had learned to do when she was a child as she climbed out of the pool to sit on its edge and take the glass into her possession.

"Thank you, Hylo," she said between somewhat exhilarated breaths, before lifting the glass and giving it a delicate sniff and looking at her 'cousin' again, "smells nice, and no pheromones."

She poked her tongue out at him, then she went to take a little sip. The last time she remembered drinking anything so red was the last time she drank juice when she was far too young for this stuff. For the most part, she drank water from day to day, and eschewed caf. It wasn't that she didn't like it, with a couple spoons of sugar, but she didn't need it. Even on the days she was shorted of sleep, she still toughed it out even if it made her less tolerable, unless she was implored to take some caf... and she did give in, sometimes. Didn’t want to stunt her growth too much, after all.

"Tastes nice, too," she said, looking to Hylo again, "I like it, but I'm not super into these kinds of things, so take my opinion for what you think it's worth."

Then she sipped a little more, and looked at Liam.

"What do you think, farmboy?"

The question was nearly rhetorical - she wasn't at all certain that Liam even liked wine at all. Neither of them had done much drinking in each other's company, since for the most part they had been as-yet too young. In most cases, they still were. Still, his opinion mattered at least a little bit. He was useful, after all.

For some things, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom