Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Recusant II-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
cMZpAFZ.jpg
R E C U S A N T__I I
lightrenderAWESOME.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATIONPRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer(s):
Hoersch-Kessel Drive, Inc. (Original)
Confederacy of Independent Systems (Redesign)

Iron Crown Enterprises (Weapon Systems)
  • Model: Recusant II
  • Affiliation: The Confederacy
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
Reinforced Durasteel (Frame)
Damage Reduction Armor, Matrix Armor (Hull)
Glasteel (Viewports)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Star Destroyer
  • Length: 1700 meters
  • Width: 246 meters
  • Height: 256 meters
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1
ARMAMENT
  • Rating: High
  • Capital Weaponry (Standard): (900/25/65)
Prow-Mounted Hyper Velocity Gun (1) | (20)
Long-Range Turbolaser Cannons (5) | (40)
Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (45) | (360)
Deck Cannon Batteries (60) | (480)
Assault Concussion Missile Tubes (25)
Point-Defense Emplacements (45)
B1-TM3 Package* (5) | (20)

DEFENSESHANGARSPECIAL FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Standard Sensory Array
  • HoloNet Transceiver
  • Encryption Network
  • Detention Cells
  • Escape Pods
  • Integrated Droid Brain Automation Systems
STRENGTHS

Automation: Much akin to its ancient predecessor, a number of onboard systems have been automaed through the integration of droid brain technology. However, while the its predecessor experienced reactionary lag, this integration features top of the line models which allow the vessel to function on par with the average capital crew.

Firepower: Unlike its ancient predecessor, the Recuscant II boasts an armament powerful enough to warrant success whilst standing on its own.

WEAKNESSES

Hangar: Much like its ancient predecessor, the Recusant II lacks a dedicated hangar space. Instead, its complement resides within a number of hollow spaces inside the superstructure. This, in turn, causes noticeable delays in deploying said fighters due to the inconventional method of storage.

Starfighters: Although capable of standing up to fellow capital ships, the Recuscant II lacks enough of a complement in order to effectively combat a dedicated, starfighter screen. In this regard it must rely on support vessels for defense.

DESCRIPTION

Eons ago, when the original Confederacy began, strides were immediately taken in order to arm and defend the budding nation. In particular, vessels dedicated for commerce were refit and re-purposed to act as warships. As these designs were not, intrinsically, intended for warfare, the original Confederacy suffered in various degrees on the battlefield. One such example was the ancient Recusant-class Light Destroyer: an icon of the Confederate Navy. While it was indeed capable and saw extensive use during the Clone Wars, it suffered due to its lack of firepower. In particular, this particular vessel had to rely upon superior numbers in order to have any degree of success.

The modern Confederacy aimed to change that.

In an effort to hearken back to its past, the engineers of the reconstituted Confederacy looked to improve upon the aforementioned design. Their goal was to empower the vessel so that it could achieve success whilst standing on its own. To this end, the Confederacy collaborated with a pair of exceptional corporations - Iron Crown and CEC to be precise - in order to make this aspiration a reality. The end result was appropriately named the Recusant II-class Star Destroyer.

A number of finite changes were made to the ancestral design, beginning with dimensions. The Recusant II dwarfs its predecessor by several hundred meters: an election that permitted the installation of additional weapons systems. On the subject of armaments, a diverse assortment of batteries were installed, thereby allowing the vessel to address a number of capital threats directly. However, despite the presence of two squadrons' worth of starfighter support, the Recusant still has to rely upon support craft in order to combat enemy screens. Lastly, the Recusant II features a number of modern, electronic defenses: such socketguards and a missile deactivation package.

All in all, the Recusant II-class Star Destroyer is a capable addition to the modern Confederacy's naval forces.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
[member="Darth Metus"]

So to start off, we won't be mass producing a Star Destroyer, I suggest you lower it to Limited.

For the technology that isn't specifically designed or affiliated with your faction, I'm assuming you've gotten permission and have the logs to prove it, which will need to be linked.

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Whenever you have a free moment, this submission is now ready to be judged!

Edits:
  • Dimensions have been reduced to 1700 meters. The submission, in terms of length, production, and gun count is now identical to the Star Destroyer "cookie cutter."
  • CEC has been removed, the deal is still being ironed out IC so I'll hold off on adding them as a producer until the terms are confirmed.
  • Iron Crown as a manufacturer was confirmed here.

(Was advised to tag [member="Cira"] to have this moved)

Darth Metus said:
Squadrons: 2
At mass production, and with the other ratings you have provided, having a hangar larger than 0 is beyond what is considered balanced. You can lower your hangar to 0 or lower your production to minor, or otherwise lower another rating to compensate.

[member="Darth Ananta"]

That makes absolutely no sense.

Per the 4.0 Template, found here, the Star Destroyer example provides the same exact ratings, production, and maximum dimension. I also did not add anything to augment the power of this submission outside of a fluff, automation strength. That said, based upon the fact that I'm using the template down to the letter as 4.0 was intended to be used I ask that you reconsider your request or I exercise my second chance right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom