Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recon: Sullust

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
In the wake of a bittersweet, but bountiful mission on Mirial, Jerek stepped off the civilian transport and into Pinyumb. The one time capital city of the Galactic Alliance was an underground marvel. Lights carved into the cavern seemed to stretch forever, and the warmth licked at his flesh beneath his clothing. The man ran a hand through his hair and let out a sigh. The climate was only controlled inside of buildings, so he would have to deal with it.

He was bound for the surface, and the virtual sea of magma that awaited.

"Nikolai?" he turned and glanced toward the voice, a young woman with a bright smile. "Nikolai Dragunov?" Hearing the moniker, he almost immediately regretted choosing it. "I've been waiting for you!"

The woman was a former liason to the Alliance, one of many. Her job was more political than he would have liked when he reached out, but she had key information that he needed for his report. She took a step closer and flashed her brilliant blue eyes, and twirled a strand of her gilded hair around a finger.

"You are Nikolai Dragunov, the journalist who contacted me about an interview and tour of the surface, aren't you?"

The woman seemed to be flirty, but he thought better of it. There was a discussed fee for her services, and it was possible that she sought to wring some extra money out of him. Sex was marketable, it seemed. He managed to smile.

"I am," he finally answered her, "sorry, I'm just getting my bearings. You're Adele, right?"

"That's me!" she replied in a singsong voice. "I've done my homework and found some stuff I think you're going to find very interesting." Her eyes seemed to glisten as she spoke. "Specifically stuff involving the Alliance Jedi, wasn't it?"

"That's right," he nodded. "Anything you feel might be pertinent. I have the credits we discussed," he produced the credit chip from his cloak and held it in front of her. "But as we also discussed, it's payment on delivery. I'll need everything before I hand it over."

"Of course," she said with a laugh, "and once we're finished, you'll look me up again when you need a scoop?"

"If the info's good," he grinned.

She pouted. "I see how it is. You're one of those hard-assed types. Gonna make me work for it."

"That's how the world works, ma'am," he tucked the chip away. "I'm afraid that if I can't afford to pay you just to stand around and look pretty."

"Awww," she teased, "in that case, I'd better do a good job."

"Yeah," he urged her forward with a flick of his wrist. "We've got a lot to do, and not a whole lot of time before my deadline. I've also got a few Jedi who will be working in tandem with me, so get ready for that."

Her expression soured. "You didn't mention that before."

"Nope," he replied with a yawn. "People usually don't like to get involved in Jedi business."

"I definitely don't," she folded her arms. "It sounds like we need to discuss payment again."

"Depending on the services rendered," he waved a finger, "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Now that we have an understanding, what's on the agenda?"

"Black site," she huffed. "Originally, we suspected that it was run by SpecOps, but when we finally got leave to raid the place, it appeared that they were dealing very intimately with Force Adepts. Particularly practitioners of the dark arts."

"The Jedi were taking prisoners?" he asked in disbelief.

"If you don't believe it, you'll see for yourself soon enough."

Darren Castanic.

Once again I used the name, or at least the alias I used when I didn't want to be myself for some reason. Taking a hold of the datapad, I was typing furiously upon it. My hair was pulled down and parted on the side to have a rather "punk" hair style. Having a fake lip, and ear ring in my flesh felt weird. My tongue flicking the lip ring round and round on my lip. A black vest worn over the top of a slightly torn t-shirt and pants that had a hole in the left knee, and a couple patches on the right. Underneath my shirt just at my right kidney was a concealed hold out blaster pistol. Self defense if you could call it that.

My combat style boots down at my feet looked torn and roughed up. Inside the left boot hidden was a training saber I had been given by my mentor. Skye had given me a chance to go hunting. While it was not for people, or animals, it was for information. She wanted me to find my own discoveries on the Jedi and what has happened in the recent years. One hand holding the small datapad typing with my thumb, my right hand was spinning a ring on my finger.

I guess I had to play the part right? Standing up from the public transport, had the mind of who was traveling with me. The Reporters face looked very familiar. Skye told me that other Jedi would be here and would be also be searching for this program or whatever it was. Was this reporter for the Jedi? Having seen him before, I didn't draw attention to myself, or to the man as he stood to leave the vessel. I stayed still and kept my head low. looking like I was engrossed into whatever I happened to be reading. My screen showed some Holovid that was playing with one earbud in.

Walking past the Reporter, he was called by a different name by a quite flirtatious woman. I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I walked passed. As much as I wanted to meet up with this man, I wasn't going to do it right now. Maybe in a moment. Moving forward through the doors and away from the dock, I moved inside and went just around the corner to place my back up against the wall. Standing there with no real purpose.

Should anyone ask, I was waiting for the ride to take me to Eshan so I could go home. In truth, I waited for this supposed reporter.

[member="Jerek Morrows"],

Warden
Sullust Crust, Pinyumb

[SIZE=9pt]Allies: [member="Jerek Morrows"], [member="Shaun Irons"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Enemies:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Nearby: [member="Jerek Morrows"], [member="Shaun Irons"][/SIZE]

Following in the shadow of the Jedi disembarking from the transport is the cloaked silhouette belonging to the mysterious warrior known only as "Warden" by the Jedi amongst the Praxeum who Jerek referred to upon meeting the woman, although they made no mention of the Warden did he truly consider them amongst the ranks of the righteous guardians? Warden certainly reserved no such distinction for themselves viewing their reflection with great cynicism and caution. The Praxeum's objective here is simple, investigate reports of Jedi operated 'black cells' and although Jerek had appeared disturbed by the news some group of Jedi had utilised a Prison privately Warden didn't dismiss the principle entirely for if one could subdue rather than destroy one immersed in the Dark Side was this not preferable? The Warden certainly thought it was already their mind pondered on how one could imprison and restrain dangerous force wielding prisoners with minimal consumption of perishable goods and other resources. Warden's helmeted head pivots around and is fascinated by the Sullustan architecture, that they would escape the surface beneath the Earth was anathema to them, the Warden who was a member of a most elegant and distinguished species who were more accustomed to soaring above their planet's surface on ubiquitous repulsorcraft rather than below it. There was a certain quality of beauty to Sullust's warm ferocity and the cities lights cascade beautifully off the diamond and crystal layered subterranean walls. Thinking on the alleged evils committed by those bearing the mantle of 'Jedi' a thought passes between Warden's ears.

There is a fine line between neutral and amoral, though in truth there may not exist such a line at all.

Wordlessly Warden continues in Jerek's wake following behind the man at a distance of roughly fifteen paces with their shrouded hands placed firmly albeit casually on the two holstered DC-17 Hand Cannons sitting snugly against thighs. The Warden was more willing to utilise potentially lethal weapons and techniques against armed individuals than the Praxeum's members and was one of the many reasons they internalised and accepted as justification for refusing to fully join their Righteous cause. Castanic had seemed to join Jerek since their visit to Mirial, and Warden had perhaps accurately concluded that the young man must have possessed some kind of interest in force wielders at least. Why else would have the man appeared at the desolate plains despite any claims to the contrary, difficult to perceive was the feelings of one soul amongst so many, however. Warden couldn't risk reaching out and attempting to touch the youth's mind without arousing some kind of suspicion and thus relented from such an attempt even though the temptation remained.

When Jerek turned to answer a moniker foreign to the Knight, Ember realized he quickly had to go back into role. His clothing resembled nothing like that of a Jedi but clearly more of a spacer but Ember wasn't really known for his acting skills. The air with which he walked really fitted a Jedi far more than it fitted a spacer. The Jedi kept his mouth shut, the less he talked the better for 'Dragunov' to investigate this for his report.

Turning his face away from the woman, he whispered to Jerek. Well, more like asked him through the Force.

"Do you trust her enough to follow her wherever she is leading us to?"

Caution brewed within Ember with each step they followed the woman. He had not been on Sullust for ages. Scanning the mesmerizing underworld that it was it tossed him into a spiral of nostalgia disrupting his focus on the mission and waving away the distrust. So many years ago had it been since he had landed on that dock right there eager to begin his journey to become a Jedi Knight of the New Jedi Order just like the man he was named after - Ember. The Jedi never admitted to anyone but sometimes the desire to turn back time to the age of innocence roamed through his mind and heart before his Jedi training took it away and suppressed it.

He sighed heavily at the thought before shaking his head and concentrating on the task ahead.

This was not going to be easy. At all.

[member="Jerek Morrows"] [member="Anari Mero"] [member="Shaun Irons"]

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
He glanced back toward the wary Jedi Knight and flashed a smile. It was a passing gesture, the kind one might offer to someone they had never met simply out of good manners. It said all that [member="Ember Farseer"] needed to know. The woman was being paid for her part in the investigation, even if she was unaware to what extent the Jedi were involved and what exactly was being investigated. She knew that the incriminating evidence against the former Galactic Alliance affiliated New Jedi Order could be catastrophic for her former employer's reputation, but she hardly cared about that now. She was out of a job because of their inability govern and hold together a functional state.

Her last few paychecks had even bounced! Imagine, having to live in debt for months as she worked off her expenses and barely made ends meet! Oh, Adele was more than happy to sell what she knew to anyone who wanted to know. In fact, she was eager.

"Well, just this once," she huffed, "I'll let it slide."

He knew the type. Coy, playing irritated so that she wouldn't come off as too excited to sell out the Galactic Alliance and their Jedi. Her own reputation was the one really at stake, here.

"You're too kind," Jerek replied as he turned back to face her immediately. His gaze had not lingered on the other Jedi, rather, he swept the area with a careful gaze and took in everyone who he could see. There were largely disinterested and unimportant civilians relative to his current mission, but he did notice one [member="Shaun Irons"] looking his way. He would speak to the other man once they were on their way.

"Miss Adele," he asked, "if you would like to lead the way, my associates will meet us when we arrive."

"Of course," she smiled, "make sure you have the respirator masks I told you to bring. Can't breathe on the surface of Sullust without 'em."

"The facility isn't contained?" he inquired.

"The access point isn't," she clarified. "There are no clear access points to the black site inside of the Temple, but it is placed underneath. We'll be moving to the entrance via transport when you're ready."

"Then we're off," he smiled.

She nodded and they began to board.

[member="Anari Mero"]

Near the Temple
Days Without Incident: 127 Years, 14 Days
Present Time​
The soft pattering of his Cu Pa kept walking forward in the tunnels of Sullust, slowly making his way around towards an unusual entrance to the Temple of the so-called Jedi. When he decided to live on Sullust, he never once questioned the Rebellion or any of its previous occupants, only wishing to be alone in his sorrow. Now there comes a point in a mans life when he must do what he has to do. As he slowly got towards the edge of the entrance, guarded by two Temple Guards, he slowly slid off his Cu Pa and touched the snout of the creature, speaking in a dialect that is rough and shrieking. Patting the head again, it would slowly turn and trod off back home as one of the Temple Guards went forward to confront the robed Sullustan.

"Halt, this area is restricted to those except the Jedi. State your business."

"I have come here for what you have taken from me."

Slowly Jegy Sesara turned, lowering the top part of his hood. It was a red and black outfit, normally associated with those of an old order, one that considered of that, Order. The Guard looked him up and down before slowly pushing his staff forward onto him, gently nudging him backwards as the Sullustan held his ground, not wishing to move.

"Make an appointment, you are to lea-"

"You have someone important to me...get out of my way, you are not of my concern."

The Guard then tried to shove him to the ground, believing this man to be an intruder though at the moment he attempted to, Jegy sidestepped and pulled out the Gaffi Stick, moving the curved section of the weapon onto the males ankle and pulling upwards, making him fall flat on his back with the Sullustan speaking again.

"Your people have Ariana, you will leave me be to collect her."

The other Guard then tried to pull out a weapon, a blaster perhaps though it was of no use. The moment Jegy saw it, he turned and threw his Gaffi hard as he could, letting it clock the other guard directly in the forehead, right in the helmet as he fell backwards, knocked out. The first guard tried to move his staff to strike Jegy though with his left hand, grabbed onto the staff and with a small whir, held onto it rather tightly then slammed the back end of it right on the males chest, breaking one of his ribs then pulling up and doing it again on the males head, knocking him completely out. A small silence was given before slowly Jegy moved forward, letting the Staff go and, concentrating with the force, let the Gaffi go into his right hand and slowly holstered it as he walked through the entrance, not knowing if they be ready for him or not.

"Ariana, I swore centuries ago to never let one of my family ever get killed again under my watch. I will not fail you...not like the others."

Warden
Sullust Crust, Pinyumb

[SIZE=9pt]Allies: [member="Ember Farseer"], [member="Jerek Morrows"], [member="Shaun Irons"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Enemies:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Nearby: [member="Ember Farseer"], [member="Jerek Morrows"], [member="Shaun Irons"][/SIZE]

Keeping a respectable distance from Morrows the Warden follows behind in the wake of his shadow as a Phantom whisked straight from plain sight into some realm of shadow, behind the rounded visor they study the Woman who spoke to Jerek she seemed overly keen and enthusiastic although that wasn't unusual as far as Reporters and Investigative Journalists were concerned to personal characteristics. Pivoting their transparent Silhouette slightly Warden's spheres study Ember with glum almond-shaped spheres, boots stepping carefully and slipping between individuals through the crowd so as not to contact them it wasn't too difficult since they followed closely in the wake of Jerek and the Reporter Woman. Sauntering up into the repulsorcraft's belly Warden gives one last study of the catacombs' haunting beauty soon to be forsaken as the small party of Jedi and Force Wielders made their way to the surface in search of a Temple not easily displaced or located by the ignorant. Warden's thoughts linger on the disturbed Master Farseer whose presence radiated through the living force, his feelings betraying the man's longing to the force sensitive penitent at-least in part. Bringing one-hand towards the Ceiling, Warden's power-armour enhanced grip wraps around a support pivoting their head in direction to face Ember within the Transport's tight confines and brings knees close to the edge of seat to accommodate their long limber legs. 'Probably should have used the disguise matrix instead of the cloak....Too late now.' Warden contemplates silently to themselves seated in the chair's fabric-covered surface which visibly seems to sink under some great weight, patiently awaiting for the moment they'd leave the city to power-down that cloaking field's transparent and nearly flawless shroud though now within such a close proximity to the others with tell-tale sinking and creaking of seat it would be obvious to the Reporter there was another who had joined her on this quest whom had yet to announce their presence.

Walking through the tunnels was tedious, long and boring. It was common on Sullust to have multiple areas connected to tunnels since it gives cover to the surface area, sometimes making trips less hazardous. As the steps echoed throughout the tunnel, he looked to his left to see a woman in blue, Zabrak but not exactly as she leaned slightly on Jegy. There was an audible whisper but no one could hear it but the Sullustan as a loud voice snapped him out of a quiet yet tender moment. Ahead of him was a bright beam of light, the exit to the tunnel. Looking back for a moment, he saw three different people in blue. The Zabrak like figure, a Twi'lek and a Chadra-Fan as they looked at him with a nod. Slowly Jegy turned back and walked up the ramp to the blinding sun and shining of magma of the surface as he was confronted by five cloaked figures of the Jedi. The one in the middle was slightly ahead as he watched the Sullustan slowly walk up, a Bothan as he spoke up towards the Sullustan.

"Halt Sullustan, state your business."

"You have my grand-daughter and I am bringing her back with me."

"Who is this Grand-Daughter?"

"Airana, you will hand her to me."

"And if we do not?"

"I will go past all of you."

"Five to one...tell me how you expect to go past all of us?"

"By simply walking past you."

Jegy slowly looked up towards the sky and then back down as he held up his hand towards his chest and concentrated for a few seconds. With a loud CRACK in the sky, a bolt of lightning, there was suddenly a storm of water, ash and wind all combined into one as it masked where he was in the storm. To those in front of him, no one could see further than a few feet in front of them as the snap-hiss of lightsabers were ignited as they ran forward. There was no clashing of colors, just shouting and one scream as the people kept searching around their radius, their area of search as Jegy slowly walked out of the Storm on the other side, pushing up his Hood as he wiped the soot off his face, looking up towards the Temple. He never seen many of them during his time though he must say for where it was, it looked much better than most buildings on Sullust. Walking up the stairs, he turned his head towards the Storm he had created as the flash of colors were still there but hard to see as Jegy had a thought run through his mind, smiling at it.

"Do not believe your eyes, believe in the Force."

Then he got to the main entrance of the Temple, looking at the large metal doors as he wondered how to get through. Then looking down, he noticed a smaller metal door to which he would open and very carefully, proceed on through with his left hand on his Gaffi Stick throughout the entire journey afterwards. He was now in true hostile territory, wits may not be enough to go through a potential fight. The entrance hall was quite quiet though had nice banners and decor. Hearing the pattering of steps, Jegy slowly went to the side and pulled down his hood and focused on just being...uninteresting. The pair, whom he assumed of Padawan and Knight would walk past, talking of various ideals and what was going on outside as they went outside. Looking up slowly, he breathed in as he let his Force energy back out as he had a distinct aura on him and was unmistakable when near. Moving a bit faster, he went into the main lobby of the Temple as he slowly turned his head a few times to take it all. It was distinctly...empty to him which was strange. There was two large staircases to the left and right along with a central door below and on top. Deciding the bottom door be the faster way to finding Airana, he walked forward to grab onto the door handle which then was Force Pushed open quite violently as Jegy was thrown back towards the center of the lobby area, rolling and then laying face down as he groaned, slowly getting up as he notice people pouring out from almost every entrance into this room and surrounding Jegy, becoming alert as he looked all around and tried to count. Twenty of them? Maybe more than that...though the top of the staircase, a person was looking down at him, probably one of the Masters as he was human looking from a distance. Jegy stood up now completely, back straight as his left hand returned to his Gaffi Stick and then the human on top of the stairs spoke with a booming voice.

"I see our Sullustan friend got in...why are you in here?"

"You have my grand-daughter Airana...she is to be returned to me."

"You caused all this trouble for your grand-daughter? A girl that came to us willingly?"

"Somehow I doubt that rather highly...I want to see her."

"She is occupied at the moment on one of the lower levels...you can come by appointm-"

"Now."

"Then consider yourself to be thrown out."

"I have avoided drawing bloodshed and death at this point...if you do not let me see her, then it starts right here."

"So the Sullustan is threatening me? The mythical Sullustan Shaman of the Tuskens?"

"Threatening is verbal...I am about to do it psychically with you about to see why I am called the Shaman."

"Throw him out."

One of the younger students went forward with his blue lightsaber ready, trying to point it at Jegy yet the gap was suddenly closed between them, Jegy making a quick sidestep with the Gaffi Stick swung upwards onto the males elbow, a distinct crack was made as his elbow was now inverted and with his right hand outstretched, pushed him out of the circle as the male kept onto his elbow, screaming in pain.

"One...do you really want to keep this up?"

Two of them then came forward, this time to strike with both of them swinging in Ataru as Jegy had to constantly back up, toeing the line between being right at edge of the circle or right in front of the two lightsaber wielders. Taking his time, he watched their patterns which when both striked together, Jegy sidestepped again to the side and grasped onto the males left hand and twisted it with his mechanical arm, forcing him to move his blade to his friend and the sudden shriek of pain was evident, along with the dropping of the males lightsaber and hand still attached to it, along with a pinky finger. Using the Force once again, he outstretched his right arm and pushed the male towards the crowd, not damaged but possibly with a guilty conscious as he walked over towards the hand, picking it up and prying out the green lightsaber from the now detached hand then throwing it towards the male he pushed as he looked down in shock. Jegy looked back up towards the male human figure on top of the stairs as he spoke again.

"Three...and now I have one of your toys. His hand can be saved if you get it on ice in twenty minutes."

"This has become an annoyance...if you cannot throw him out, kill him."

Then three came forward, igniting their lightsabers as they all went to attack Jegy at the same time. Backing up, he swiftly started to his the new found weapon to his advantage, the clash of blue, green and yellow soon filled the lobby. Jegy was using Soresu with the other students using what methods they had, constantly fighting with styles they have been taught over the years. One of the students made a fatal flaw and such, flicked his blade back and switching to Djem So, made a swift yet strong swing towards the other two blade to block yet the student who made the mistake, was cut in the chest, probably an inch into him and swiftly, fell backwards from shock and possibly his lungs being punctured. The other two kept swinging at him as it became more apparent they were trained better, Jegy adopting a more unorthodox defensive measure as he kept backing up, not once allowing himself to go forward yet he finally did when the two striked together, just like last time except when he side stepped, it was more unpleasant. Moving his blade back, he then suddenly lunged forward as it was a downward strike, cutting right into one of the users hands as well as into the other users legs, cutting both off at the same time as they screamed to which, he then Force Pushed away along with the third one. Six people were down...technically five if the one who just cut off his own friends hand could snap out of it. Holding the lightsaber firmly, he twirled it as the others looked anxious to have a go at him, looking up towards the staircase again.

"Six...I am growing weary of beating up your students."

"This annoyance has gone long enough, stop twiddling your thumbs and get him!"

Then they all charged with a flash of colors from all across the room, Jegy looking around as he sighed for a moment as he readied his newly acquired blade. This...may take a while.

Allies: A Cu-Pa
Enemies: Jedi?
Nearby: Unknown​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom