Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reclamation (The Directorate)

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
The Galaxy is a tumultuous place riddled with infighting and war. Battles constantly rage across the galaxy as one faction or another bent on asserting their ideals on another group of individuals who feel their ideals are just as viable and important. As the face of the galaxy contorts under constant change each and every soul of the Corsica galaxy must adapt to a new system of government or new rules of just oppression at the hands of a despotic tyrant. It falls on the few who can do to stand up and do what is needed.

That is what The Directorate is. They do what is needed to help the citizens of the Corsica galaxy. The assist governments with defense and infrastructure. Supply food, supplies, and yes even weapons when needed. They endeavor to make peace where it is possible and wage war where there is no other option. This day seemed like it would be on of the later.

Reshmar sat waiting on the hologram to appear on his personnel holotable. His office aboard the Illustrious was small but he had seen to it having a small Holo Transceiver placed in one of the corners for communicating with The Directorate members when needed. "Accept " said Reshmar finally after waiting a moment to collect himself. The holographic image of a blue-skinned man filled the small table. he wore his black and burgundy tunic as he always did. Reshmar knew what it represented and paid little attention to it. He took a moment to look at the Chiss then spoke.

"Admiral Lash, How is my ship?" asked Reshmar begrudgingly. Lash had absconded with The Termagant some time ago heading for the outer rim. The two men had been in contact since then but the few conversations they had were short and tempered on Reshmars part. It was not that the Chiss had taken the ship. They had designed and built it in his mind the ship was theirs. It was that they had done so without a word. They had just left one day and disappeared without a trace. It was not until Lash had reached out to Reshmar to explain that he and his people needed to move on that he had learned what had actually happened.

Lash had been the go-between for The Directorate and the Imperium Forge Works since the company had been obtained by The Directorate. At the time it seemed like a grand idea, Imperial ships manufacturer added to The DIrectorates holdings. It had not been until much later after the deal had been finalized that Reshmar had learned about the true nature of Moff Greth. Joren Greth had seemed like any other ex-imperial Moff. The man had been polite and educated and at face value seemed competent. IFW had been a profitable company and made some very well built vessels and vehicles. Reshmar jumped at the chance to acquire it when it came. Later after the truth came out he had wished he had never met the Moff. Now with Hast and Mon Cala out of his reach and the majority of MCS holding in Sith space, Reshmar needed somewhere to build ships. Someplace that could handle the size and production numbers he needed to fill his orders. Rothana was that place. The Directorate owned the majority of the orbital yards while The IFW retained the planetary factory and production facilities. Normally this would not be a problem, It is a set up many companies have with one another. The problem was Joren Greth, sensing weakness in the Directorate after their evacuation from Hast, now considered their deal ended and had taken possession of the Directorate yards above Rothana. It was for this reason Lash and his Chiss had left.

"Reshmar, I am glad to see you alive. I would have thought you dead over Rothana by now." said Lash. Lash had warned Reshmar about the Imperial. Told him crazy stories about how Greth worshiped an artificel intelligence that was said to be the reincarnation of Thrawn. At the time the story sounded crazy, now not so much.

"I am on my way to Rothana currently. Do you have what I need?" asked Reshmar bluntly not wanting to extend the conversation.

"I do, will this free me and my people from any debt to you?" Asked Lash politely and calmly. Reshmar had never seen anyone so calm. The Chiss man had never to Reshmar's memory spoken a harsh word or raised his voice. The man's control of his emotions and manner was admirable yet something about it pissed Reshmar off. There was a time when anger was good. when it could be focused at your enemy and used to crush them. Reshmar was to in the crushing enemy business anymore but in his days as an admiral, he learned to keep a calm mind but still recognize your anger and use it.

"Yes, The Termagant and any other property of The Directorate you have in your possession are your free and clear," said Reshmar. "Now if you will" Reshmar said as he stared at the blue skin of the Chiss man, A moment passed and a transmission came in on Reshmars private comm channel.

"Those are the codes you will need Admiral. I wish you luck. I told you what awaits you there." said Lash grinning. The holo image cut off and disappeared. Reshmar read the message then leaned back in his chair.

Admiral's Quarters, Union-class Colony/Assault Carrier Ocean Tide, somewhere in hyperspace

"And you trust your sources?" asked the admiral, slowly unbuttoning his black tunic.

Ariela Captisan looked at him intently, as if somewhere in her electrical mind she was internally debating her next choice of words. She briefly looked down and then back up into his eyes. It almost seemed natural, but given her artificial nature, the blonde man actually felt more uncomfortable. She's trying to steer me towards an opinion of her's...He shifted in his seat.

"I think that Lash and the chiss had good reason to leave. I think that they didn't try and take care of Greth on their own tells us that he is more formidable than our current estimates."

"You mean, something doesn't add up."

"Correct."

"Crazy people don't add up," suggested the man from Hast, "That's part of what makes them crazy."

"Not always," admitted the replica droid, "but there's a methodology to his madness. You don't simply rise to the top of a facility that large based on pure luck. He had to have been competent at some point to rise up as far as he has."

Gir considered her words carefully. The droid had been programmed to be his spy chief, and as much as he began to think that there was something else going on with her programming (an evolution, perhaps?) she statistically had been more right than wrong over the last year. Perhaps just as importantly, she had actually met Greth and was far more familiar with the Rothana facilities than he was. As much as I don't want to rely on, I probably should...or at least hear her out...

"What do you suggest we do? Admiral Reshmar is already en route. I doubt that he'll be inclined to stop to conduct a more detailed infiltration operation."

"I think....I think that we should arrive slightly late. Of course, we should notify Admiral Reshmar about this...development."

Gir's eyes narrowed. "I'm listening..."

ADM. Reshmar

The Illustrious fell out of hyperspace at the edge of the Rothana system followed by the other ships of the task force. Reshmar had come prepared for a fight but only if it was forced upon him. He was hoping Joren Greth would see reason. If not him one of his subordinates would be level headed and somehow convince the ex-Imperial Moff to stand down. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that would not be the case. Most of the so-called level headed Imperials who served under Greth had left the regime by now for greener and less insane pastures. When it came out Greth was following the orders of an A.I. based on Thrawn, most of his competent commanders left Rothana or were killed attempting to. The Chiss under Lash had been lucky and had convinced Greth they were on a mission to assist the Imperium and just never came home.

"Open a channel," said Reshmar looking at the forward monitor. An image of the world and the massive shipyard orbiting filled the screen. They were three million kilometers from the world but had patched into a Directorate Sattallite orbiting Ryloth for a better look at what they were up against. Reshmar waited till the officer indicated the channel was open to speak.

"Good morning Moff Greth. I hope you had a good night and that you are well-rested this morning. I have come to take command of the Directorate Facilities over Rothana and see to the civilization of our acquisition. I hope we have not come at a bad time sir, but We have waited long enough to finalize this. We are at the edge of the system and will be moving into orbit within the hour. I look forward to seeing you again and hope you and your people will enjoy your retirement." said Reshmar knowing the last part would not be taken well. Reshmar and all of the Directorate partners had paid a hefty sum for the Imperium Forge Works. They had bought it out several months prior on behest of Joren Greth and his Desire to retire and leave the fighting to the young, or so he had said. Lash had warned Reshmar that it was all a hoax to gain financing and to allow Greth to rebuild the Impire in the image he and more so his A.I. Thrawn saw fit.

Reshmar had to say he actually wanted to have a discussion with this A.I. He found it hard to believe that enough cognitive data could be left after so many centuries to build such a consciousness. In the back of his mind, he half expected Greth had made the whole thing up to bolster his people's spirits. What Imperial would not want to serve under the great Thrawn after all.

Reshmar waited a moment for a reply which never came. He had expected as much. Greth may b insane but he was patient and reserved when it came to war. His answer came in the form of no answer at all. Soon the forces of the Imperium would be massed and waiting on them to move into weapons range. Reshmar knew there would be no other option and with regret and a touch of anger gave the order.

"Battlestations!"

Last edited:
4Ku6YSP.png

Captain Dero Kol, SS Hanto
Wild Space.

This was no place for the Sullustan Home Guard. Certainly not Captain Kol's president and CEO. Miel Tevv however was far more hands on than his predecessor. The young executive had insisted on leading this expedition himself. Trade was like lifeblood for their people and the Querion Line was gateway to a satellite galaxy not so far away. Attacks on sullustan merchant ships en route these past few weeks had become intolerable and SoroSuub eventually traced the source to of all places Rothana.

Despite a perilous journey the small Home Guard task force was now approaching sensor range of their destination. Dero blinked in surprise when the Hanto identified friendly IFF transponders. It would seem that SoroSuub was not the only faction with a grudge against Imperium Forge Works. Captain Kol demanded that the president be notified and summoned to the bridge at once.

"Any response from the surface?" Miel asked.

"None so far, sir. There is something else."

"There always is," the politician chuckled then frowned, "Silver Jedi?"

"Private contractors," Kol corrected, "But more or less. We've had some limited dealings with them in the past."

President Tevv nodded. The Directorate was a name that sounded familiar.

"Very well," he said, "Open communications and arrange for my passage to their command ship."

"You intend..." Kol hesitated, "You intend to go over there, sir?"

"I intend to get to the bottom of this, captain."

Last edited:

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar watched the small world of Rothana grew as his task force moved in. Already the Illustrious' long range sensors were picking up movement on the edge of the planet's outer orbit. Reshmar had an idea what was there and with the data he received from Lash and the Chiss he knew better than to rush in. A buzz from on of the sensor consoles got his attention and he turned to look at the officer sitting there. A moment later the man looked up from the console surprised to see Reshmar looking at him.

"Sir new contacts bearing 167 by 47 sir. IFF is labeling them as friendly. They are Sullustian sir, Home Guard by their transponder codes" said the officer. Reshmar nodded then turned back to watch a new image on the forward display. The Sullustian vessels had exited Hyperspace further out away from the system then they had and were it seemed there on other business than his.

"Sir, we have a query for a comm connection," said the communications station commander. "Put it up commander," said Reshmar motioning towards the big forward screen with his eyes. An image of a Sullustan man Reshmar recognized appeared on the screen.

"Mister Tevv, How good it is to see you. Welcome to Rothana and The Directorate. how can we help you?"

Admiral's Quarters, Union-class Colony/Assault Carrier Ocean Tide, entering real space near the Rothana System

"Splitting a force is usually a risky move. Make a force too small, and they are easily overwhelmed by an enemy," said the blonde man, looking at the glowing holo of the Rothana shipyards.

"And that applies to Greth as well," suggested Ariela, "and arguably more so Revbecause he also has to commit to defending the shipyards. If he commits all of his forces to fight one force, the rest of the yards will open for the taking."

Gir briefly considered the approach, "Let's play hypotheticals. Let's say we do what you say, but Admiral Reshmar is unable to defeat or hold off Greth's forces. He is driven off. We are now in possible possession of the yards, and now under attack by a superior force. I do not like that scenario. We can maybe scuttle the yards before escaping, and that's our best outcome in that scenario."

"And if we were to capture Greth in the process of taking the yards?"

"You are telling me that you are 100% certain he'll be in the yards?"

She bit her tongue, "I can't promise that. Though there is a 97% chance he is there or on a vessel docked there."

"And that vessel could very well leave once the stations are attacked, especially if he knows it's going to be overwhelmed."

"So you like the first option I gave you better than?"

Gir sighed, "Not particularly, but it is less dangerous and gives us a slight element of surprise. We're start getting the jumps plotted, and the colonel will start readying his marines...Toklar will send a coded message to Admiral Reshmar letting him know of our intent to micro-jump in at opportune moment based on the possible jump vectors we are calculating now..."

"Admiral Reshmar, this is a surprise."

Tevv pursed his lips. Any voyage into Wild Space was bound to discover something unexpected. Rarely did they come in such familiar guises. Eschewing his simple robes of office the sullustan politician wore a vest and cargo shirt stitched with exquisite but understated fabrics. He looked altogether unlike one of the most powerful industrialists in the galaxy.

"I'm afraid this is not a social call," he explained, "Several SoroSuub merchants have gone missing along the Querion Line. Our intelligence indicates Rothana as a prime suspect. I will not insult your celebrated career by accusing you of piracy."

There was a brief pause while he gestured around him.

"Instead I will simply ask," Miel raised one brow, "How can Sullust help you?"

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar paused for a moment as the Sullusians words sank in. Had things gotten that bad on Rothana? Why had Greth began raiding convoys? he had been supplied by the Directorate up until Reshmar had left on this trip. Something was off and Reshmar knew the answered all remained before him on Rothana.

"Mister Tevv, I am sorry to hear about your convoys. Trust me when I say I had no idea The Directorate forces were being used in this way. The Imperium Forge Works has had a free hand in this part of the galaxy for too long. I should have intervened sooner. I will see you and your people are compensated for the material you have lost. I can not make up for the people lost to Joren Greth. For this you have my sincere apologies and word that this will never happen again." said Reshmar as anger flared up inside him like a newly lit furnace.

"As for what you can do for me," Reshmar paused and sent the Sullustion a packet with intel and battle plans as well as the code for the Directorates fleet priority comm channel. "The Directorate is here to remove Joren Greth from his position as Imperium Forge Works CEO. He has abused his power there and The Directorate has decided to take over day to day operations of IFW. This, however, is not going to be easy, he has built up a mini Empire here and will resist till the end I am afraid. If you would like to get some payback for your people and your convoys then join us in cleaning this tyrannical Imperial cancer from Rothana and The Directorate" Said Reshmar sending the last of the comm packet to the Sullustion.
Miel Tevv Miel Tevv

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar walked into the command information center and walked up to the large table in the center. A large hologram of the Rothana systems lay before him with indicators marking the world and the major orbital objects. The massive ring around the world marked the orbital facilities that were once a hub of commerce and construction producing weapons and vehicles and even starships. Many companies and conglomerates had claimed ownership of the ring and its infant number of factories and shipyards over the past 9 centuries and now was The Directorates time to take possession of the ring and utilize its formidable production capabilities. Reshmar knew that ninth percent of the ring was non-operation and in disrepair from reports he had gotten from the IFW before Greth had stopped responding and from Lash before the Chiss took leave of the world. He knew the main power base of the former Moff was limited mostly to the subterranean Mines and to Rythan city where Greth had made his headquarters. He had a good idea of the Moffs defenses both in space and on the ground. The fleet depending the world was not large. Most of the ships the IW had were gone now. Some taken by Lash and his Chiss. Others by various former Imperial officers who no longer wished to be affiliated with the crazed Moff. Greth had alienated most of his high command in one way or another and many of the more intelligent Imperials had left Rothana seeking new employment or striking out on their own on some backwater world. None other than ash had taken anything remotely threatening with them in their egress. Lash was a problem Reshmar knew would not go away. He had taken a sizable force with him and though he did not consider them enemy they were no friend either.

As the mixed force of ships from Lucerne, MCS, and Sullsut neared the world, IFF data began listing contacts in orbit. The outer defensive ring was the first contact listed as foe. The ring of small satellites was meant for anti-piracy and commerce enforcement. They were not powerful enough to be much of an issue moving in but Reshmar wanted to maintain them for future use. "Captain, transmit the code Lash supplied please," said Reshmar. The officer nodded and entered a code and transmitted it over a wide band. a second later the panel chirped and the captain nodded to Reshmar. Across the system, the automated defenses of Rothana began shutting down. The entire Directorate force was listed as friendly to the IFF systems and the Directorate forces could move into the system without having to deal with the annoyance of the systems.

"Begin EWAR operations captain," said Reshmar as he watched the display closely. A wall of static and noise was thrown at the world of Rothana. It would blind much of the sensors and targeting of the planetary defenses and the ships in orbit but not all. As the force moved closer Reshmar knew the EWAR systems would become less effective. "Sir there," said the Mon Calamari captain standing across the table from him. Reshmar looked to where the man had indicated. Reshmar knew most of the ships were gone. He knew which commanders had stayed with Greth and for the most part what ships they had at their command. The information provided by the Chiss before they left was reliable at least up to thirty hours ago. He knew which sections of the ring had manned defenses and which defense stations would be able to engage the trajectory the Directorate was approaching from. He also knew that Greth had a wild card. An ace to play if needed that was a game-changer under normal circumstances. The hologram listed the new contact Man-1. The threat assessment computer then labeled it extreme and assigned it as the priority target in the system. "WE know where she is now." said Reshmar. While he knew the beast would be there he was not sure where it would lay waiting for him.

"Battlestations! have all attack craft form up and wait for our signal. Move our forces into Echelon three formation and have all ships concentrate long-range fire on that target," said Reshmar as he leaned in to look closer at the hologram. He had only seen holos and pictures of the massive vessel. The sheer power was terrifying and the formidable craft was menacing even from this range. "Send word to Admiral Quee he is green to move in." said Reshmar not looking back at the communications officer he was addressing. Before him lay one of the most powerful creations of the Old Republic. Over a thousand years old but maintained as the defensive station for Rothana. Sent there centuries ago by Kuat to protect their interests and mothballed long ago deep inside the ring. around her smaller vessels were labeled and identified. While they would be an issue nothing was a pressing as the brute in the center of the formation. Larger than any vessel still operational in the galaxy the shape of the Mandator Mk III-class star dreadnaught was something Reshmar had never imagined he would see. Twelve kilometers gun platform designed to fight a thousand ships, the Cratsch was a nightmare come to life.

80440608784d64e7f06b9fe153b5ba18.jpg

Union-class Colony/Assault Carrier Ocean Tide, in hyperspace in the Rothana System

The duo had moved to the ship's spacious Space Operations Center. The holo-projectors had covered almost all of hte room's surface in the starry background of the galaxy, but larger semblances of light across from this dark canvas. The icy world of Rothana along with its orbiting ring of shipyards was by the largest of the holo-objects, but countless formations of starships both large and small fought for attention of the Directorate battle staff. Gir eyed the approaching fleet of Directorate vessels led by Admiral ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar , joined by their new SoroSuub allies. It's not going to hurt to have more forces available...but do we really have enough for that? The blonde man eyed the Mandator III-class battlecruiser with rapt attention.

That had been one of those pieces on the board that they hadn't known existed. And it was potentially as much of a game changer as the sudden addition of the SoroSuub forces to the Directorate's cause. Evenly matched yet again...maybe. While the man had a rough idea of that class's capability, he had never seen one in action before, and that was assuming that it was a stock version. A ship as old as that might have even more surprises up its sleeve than we're aware of...or it could be so run-down that it's not much of a threat. He turned his eyes to Ariela.

"I think it's safe to say that if Greth is onboard a ship, we know which one it's going to be."

The replica droid nodded, "It's far too powerful and a symbol that he wouldn't not be on it."

The blonde man turned his attention to a slim, almost gaunt lieutenant.

"Lieutenant Gjor, designate the Cratsch as our primary boarding target, for all ships."

"Aye sir."

"Think he'd be on the bridge tower?" guessed Gir.

"That'd be my guess," said Ariela, "but you know your type better than I."

"I'm not an Imperial-trained officer," replied Gir, "but that would be the stereotype. If not, he's probably in his personal quarters or an auxiliary bridge or command center."

She nodded, "I'll see if we can pull some old schematics up and have some of the boarding troops assigned to make a straightforward push to see if we can seize those areas."

Gir glanced at his wrist chrono, "Better do it fast, we've only got a couple minutes before reversion."

ADM. Reshmar

The Directorate forces lay amid a light show of energy weapons as the Imperial formation fired on them. At the ranges they were engaged the long-ranged weapons had been useful against the imperial and themselves as the Directorate force slowly moved closer. Long Range turbolasers and hypervelocity weapons crossed the divide as the two forces sought to end one another.

"Admiral, The HUghes has sustained major damage and is dropping back for repairs," said a tactical officer to Reshmars right. Reshmar nodded and continued to watch the hologram of the battle. The Imperials had held their attack wings so far choosing to utilize their long range weapons. This was the tactic Reshmar wanted currently. While the imperial had the advantage in firepower the Directorate more than matched them defensively and the advanced shielding of the mon calamari built ships proved up to the task of keeping most of their ships in the fight. A flash filled one of the screens along the wall as a barrage of long-range ion cannon fire struct one of the Mon Cal cruiser next to the flagship. Arcs of blue-white energy spread out over the cruiser like tendrils probing for a way into the ship and its systems. The shielding of the ship held while the silicar and mesh of the armor dissipated the ion energy.

"What was that?" asked Reshmar watching the last of the energy dissipate over the cruisers hull.

"Sir it came from the Mandator." answered a senior sensor officer from his left. Reshmar's attention went back to the massive ship at the center of the hologram. He knew right away what had happened and he cringed.

"Scan the hull of the Mandator, look for residual ionic energy," Reshmar ordered as he magnified the hologram looking for what he already knew was there. An overlay popped up on the hologram highlighting ionic energy. The ship was covered in small spots of blue where the long-ranged ion cannons of the Directorate had found their target. then just forward of amidships on the dorsal hull a massive blue spot covered an area at least one hundred meters across. Reshmar zoomed in the display until he could see it clearly. The Imperials had installed a planetary ion cannon on the massive vessel.

"Tactical concentrate all fire on that cannon," ordered Reshmar. "Send its location to all vessels in the group, Mark it as our primary target and have all ships concentrate fire on it." shouted Reshmar anxious for the new threat to be gone. Nothing in the information given to him indicated that Greth had installed a planetary ion cannon on the vessel. He wondered if Greth had started to suspect Betrayal by the Chiss and left Lash out of the loop. It gave him a chill as he considered what else Greth had left Lash in the dark about.

"Have our bombers move in Blue squadron will escort them in." Resh said looking at the fleets CAG. The officer nodded then began giving orders to his wing commanders. Reshmar watched as the Bombers began to move out of the defensive formation escorted by the squadron of fighters. As he suspected the Imperials responded with their own attack wing.

"SO many...." said one of the sensor officer before his section commander cut him off. Small icons appeared on the screen indicating the fighters now moving to engage the bomber force. The icons continued to appear one after another, then two at a time than three than seven. The Imperial attack force looked like a wall moving towards the bombers now moving into position for their attack runs.

"Tactical initiate attack pattern Romeo!" ordered Reshmar. A moment later small icons sped off from the group then disappeared. a moment later icons appeared in front of the bomber group registering as friendly. SIx pickets from the group had performed a micro-jump maneuver and now began to engage the wall of imperial fighters.

Commander Kevin Frin sat in the command seat of the fifty-meter picket staring out the forward viewport at all of the imperial fighters now firing on him and his group. "Hard to port" said Frin calmly as he watched a group of fighters fire a salvo of torps at his ship. The nimble vessel banked to the left avoiding the projectiles as they passed firing their quad quadcannons at the passing missiles now maneuvering to match the picket's new trajectory and reacquire it.

"CHaff!" shouted Frin now leaning forward in his chair a bit. A second picket twisted on its central axes and passed in front of Frins ship adding its fire to the incoming projectiles. Two of the missiles maneuvered and broke through the chaff and struck the picket on its aft port quarter.

"Shields holding sir," said an officer sitting at a panel to his left. Frin looked out at the incoming fighters now easily made out as TIE variants.

"Sir we are in range," said one of the tactical officers as the pickets moved closer to the incoming fighters.

"Let them have it, lieutenant, open a hole for our bombers," said Firn leaning back in his chair. A moment later the Canister launchers of the pickets fired releasing waves of ionic energy as the IOn Charge Canisters filled the space between them and the fighters. Wave upon wave of ionic energy pulsed out over the incoming fighters energizing as they struct the attack crafts shielding and hull. a moment later the programmed payload system of the defensive batteries fired a mix of chaff and flak canisters in the Imperial fighters' paths diverting missiles to allow the pickets to close in. Laser fire began to strike the shielding of the pickets as the Attack craft, which survived the ion attack, began to move to intercept the pickets. The pickets and the imperial formation collided, as fighters veered to miss the pickets, were struck by waves of plasma as the defensive batteries fired off a salvo of Plasma Canisters. The pickets moved through the group, firing its light turbolasers and laser defense batteries, damaging even more attack craft. Frin was jarred as a flash of light filled his peripheral vision. One of the pickets had been struck by a full salvo of torpedos from a group of bombers and struck one of the attack craft head-on, while blinded by the impact of the projectiles. The picket exploded and spun into a second of the pickets overpowering its shielding and smashing the vessel's starboard aft section causing its primary drive to rupture and explode engulfing both pickets and three Imperial fighters, who had attempted to engage the craft looking to take advantage of the ships Delima. Frin closed his eyes thinking of his friends on the two lost vessels. The picket crews were a close-knit group and he knew many of the men and women on the two ships personally. He looked out at a clear battlefield before him as the picket cleared the last of the attack crats positions He eyed the tactical officer and without a word the man knew what he was to do. The defensive batteries fired as the Picket group swung around to give chase to the surviving fighters. Behind the pickets, micro proximity mines were ejected as a special thank you for any of the Imperials who would turn on the pickets for a second round.

"Ok, fire on their trials and once the bombers get through lay the second round of mines behind them," ordered Frin. He relaxed for a moment and once again his mind wondered to lost friends.

The Bombers began to evade the incoming fire of the Imperial wings facing them. Fighter craft sped past them to engage the Imperials and open a hole in the remaining fighter wing. The scene was dizzying form the cockpit of the lead Bomber. Green, red, and blue bolts filled the space before it as the Imperial and Directorate forces began the dance and the dogfighting began.

"Havoc Four I see an opening to the port Lets get through there while we can," said the leader of the bomber group. The bombers veered towards a spot where the Imperials had taken heavy losses to the pickets and increased speed. Fighter craft form the Imperial group, which had turned to engage the now clear bomber's, found the Directorate fighters in their faces immediately as the Fighters moved to block for the bombers.

Reshmar watched the scene on the large holo display. Icon after icon disappeared as both Imperial and Directorate craft were destroyed. The bombers had cleared the IMperial fighter formation and now moved onto their attack run on the massive Mandator and its impossibly powerful ion cannon.

Last edited:
Union-class Colony/Assault Carrier Ocean Tide, reverting from hyperspace in the Rothana System

The Ocean Tide abruptly decanted from hyperspace in a violent lurch, an all too physical reminder of the jump's hasty plotting. Flashes of cronau radiation erupted from behind the assault carrier as dozens of other capital ships, ranging from tiny light corvettes to imposing assault cruisers filled in the void behind the Tide. Bright weapons light almost immediately lanced out from the newly arived Directorate vessels, with the Tide's twin proton beams drilling almost directly into the Mandator's topside. Fighters flooded out of the ship's holds, taking advantage of ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar 's strikecraft attack run which had diverted many of their starfighters away from the core formation. Inside the space operations center, Gir and Ariela watched the situation accompanied by the dull murmur of dozens of his command staff coordinating the fleet's action. Gir watched the holographic representation of the Tide dive down towards the Cratsch like an assassin's dagger plunging toward its startled victim. His blue eyes scanned over the Mandator's hull, trying furtively to find the high-powered ion cannon which had just opened fire on Admiral Reshmar's fleet.

"Full of surprises," muttered the blonde man, "that's the nature of this beast..."

He turned his attention to his aide, "Are the colonel's men briefed?"

"They are as best as they can."

"Get them on their way then, before Greth gets a hold of what we're doing."

She nodded. Moments later, several dozen Shyyyo-class Combat Transports loaded with Directorate Shock Marines jetted out of the Tide's hangar bays. Waiting flights of Vortex-II interceptors formed up around them as the transports dove towards the Cratsch's ventral hull. Gir had hoped that his sudden alpha strike on the vessel would cause not only enough damage to easily let the transports latch onto the star dreadnaught, but also enough disarray in those quarters to prevent an adequate boarding defense to be mounted. As the transports began to latch down onto their target, the Cratsch started to turn some of its awesome firepower onto the Tide and her consorts. One of his leading light corvettes abruptly exploded under a sudden flurry of coordinated turbolaser bolts even as the Tide's reinforced bow shields began to endure the brunt of the Cratsch's attack. He could feel the tell-tale vibrations through his feet of the battering his carrier was undergoing. A quick glance at the carrier's holo-icon showed that already several weapons batteries had been knocked offline and there were already a few minor hull breaches. He frowned. We've got to end this battle as soon as possible...or at least put the Tide in a good docking position to prevent all of his weapons from coming down to bear. The Tide began to heel up upwards through the use of its engines and turbolasers as the assault carrier neared the star dreadnaught's dorsal hull. Gir's eyes sought out and found the stocky woman who acted as his liaison to the carrier's formidable ground forces.

"ETA to dock and board is four minutes," said the admiral, "Are all of your units ready?"

"Yes sir."

"Let's hope so," said the man more quietly, "because our survival of this battle might depend on them..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom