Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship REC-LE01 AEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To update a venerable design for the modern era, and for planetary law enforcement agencies.
  • Image Source: LAAT/le | Wookieepedia Article.
  • Canon Link: Not Applicable.
  • Permissions: Not Applicable.
  • Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Police Gunship (Anaxes War College Classification.)
  • Role: Aerial Enforcement Platform, Dedicated Troop Transport, Atmospheric Gunship, Boarding Vessel, Cargo Transport, Etc.
  • Length: 12 Metres.
  • Width: 6 Metres.
  • Height: 6 Metres.
  • Armament: Low Rating.
    • [2] Barbette Particle Cannon Bubble Turrets [Chin-mounted, Fast-track mountings, Fire-linked.]
    • [1] Barbette Particle Cannon Bubble Turret [Tail-mounted, Fast-track mounting, Fire-linked.]
    • [1] Mass-driven Warhead Launcher [Dorsal-mounted, Auto-loading magazine.]
      • Four Variable Warhead Payload.
  • Defences: Average Rating.
    • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Reinforced, and Ablative Armour and Hull Plating.
    • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Deflector Shield (Ray, Particle and Concussion Barriers; Overlaid.)
    • Reinforced [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Ionic Shielding.
    • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Emergency Thrusters (Chemical Propellent and Lateral Thrusters.)
    • Advanced [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] EWAR, Electronic Countermeasures, Chaff, Flare Launchers, Etc.
  • Squadron Count: Twelve Dropships per Squadron - Average Rating.
  • Maneuverability Rating: 50 DPF - High Rating.
  • Speed Rating: High Rating.
  • MGLT: 75 MGLT
  • Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 1,075 Km/H
  • Primary Hyperdrive Rating: None.
  • Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: None.
  • Engine Unit(s): Dropship - Class Ion Engines with Repulsorlift Generator(s.)
  • Primary Power Plant: Dropship - Class Compact Fusion Reactor.
  • Secondary Power Plant: Solar Ionization Conversion Module(s) with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays.
  • Passengers:
    • Ten Police Officers, or Enforcement Personnel.
  • Crew Complement (Optimal): One Pilot and Co-Pilot, and Integrated Droid Brains.
  • Crew Complement (Skeletal): One Pilot, and Integrated Droid Brains.
  • Escape Craft: One Escape Pod / Detachable Cockpit Module.
  • Cargo Capacity: Two Metric Tonnes
  • Consumables: One Week.
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Sensor Systems and Targeting Systems.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Avionics Package.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Navigation System.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Life Support System.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Damage and Hazard Control Systems.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Tractor and Pressor Beam Emitters.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Ion Emission Tracker (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Communication Systems, with Encrypted Military Keys.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] Shift and Relativistic Shielding.
  • Standard [Dropship-Class, Military-Grade] VTOL Ascension System.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • State of the Art Internal Systems:
    • Integrated Droid Brains, with Decentralized Artificial Intelligence Capabilities (Advanced Automaton, and Slaved Systems, Etc.)
    • Holographic Terminal Interface(s.)
    • Antisepsis Field, with Hermetic Blast Door Seals; Vacuum-capable.
    • Integrated Battlefield Medic Automaton, with Stabilization Protocols and Surgical Equipment.
    • Retractable Gurney - Hermetically-sealed and Anti-Bacterial Covering(s.)
  • State of the Art External Systems:
  • State of the Art Countermeasures:
Strengths
  • Highly Automated, with Animated Metal Sealant, Automated Repair Drones, and Minor Regenerative Properties.
  • Advanced Countermeasure, Sensor and Targeting Suite.
  • Integrated Repulsor Turbothrust System - Speed Boost.
Weaknesses
  • Automated and Slaved Systems; Utterly Crippled if Disabled.
  • Limited EMP and Ion Resistance; Proximity Dependent.
  • Exposed Cockpit, Maneuvering Vanes, and External Equipment (Floodlights, Retractable Blast Doors, Etc.)
  • Fixed Forward Emplacements - Mass-driver Launchers and Prow-mounted Cannons.
  • Repulsorlift Jammers; Proximity Dependent.
  • Weapons Lockdown Protocol - Armament Cannot be Used when Turbothrust System is Activated.
  • No Hyperdrive Deployment Capabilities - Carrier Dependent.
DESCRIPTION
To keep the Peace amidst a Galaxy embroiled by Chaos, the Enforcers of the Law must be equipped with the best of the best. It was with those words in mind that the various design teams of the Republic Engineering kept close to their collective hearts as they began developing new technologies and gear for the Officers of the Law. With a majority of their desires for protection and armament covered by several items already offered by the Corporation, the technical architects elected to proceed with crafting a Gunship for Police matters. As they already had a wildly successful template to draw inspiration from, the AEG - as it would later be known - would simply be a stripped-down version of the HAAT Gunship - an act that mirrored the LAAT/i and the LAAT/le from the ancient Clone Wars.

When it came to the armament, the AEG was lightly outfitted - so that the entirety of the design wasn’t considered to be wholly aggressive. However, despite its stripped-down nature, the AEG garnered a significant boost in the realms of speed and maneuverability. Yet, despite these advantages, the AEG was confined to the atmospheric bounds of a planetary body, as the designers didn’t wish to burden its airframe with the added bulk of ion drives.

Since Ion drives were highly radioactive and not recommended to operate within a planet’s atmosphere, the AEG was outfitted with a host of anti-gravity Repulsors - which would allow the vessel to defy the laws of physics and glide across the surface of the planet. In addition to the suite of Repulsor systems, the AEG was outfitted with a Turbothrust system, which operated like the SubLight Acceleration Motor in the depths of space, giving the AEG an advantage in pursuits by a conditional speed boost.

Thus, with every integrated system folded into a single design, the AEG or Atmospheric Enforcement Gunship would become an essential tool in the hands of Law Enforcement Agencies across the known Universe as they took a stand against the ever-rising tides of Chaos.

Last edited:
Now before I begin, I would like to have one of these as I am in love with gunships like that.

That said...can this go into space or not? I am trying to understand it across the board and I am just confused.
Also you are above one rating. I accept one rating though for the combination of weaknesses presented however.

Republic Engineering Republic Engineering

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin - If there is a gravity field present in space, and not an artificially generated one, then yes - it can operate in space.

So, I would appreciate if this submission was put back into the starship section.

As for balancing? According to the spreadsheet, this submission is balanced especially as there is no hyperdrive. So I don't know where you're finding an extra rating.

EDIT: The wrong Link was posted.

Last edited:
Math:

Mass: 0
Armaments: Low -1 (-1)
Defenses: Average 0 (-1)
Squadron Size: Average 0 (-1)
Maneuverability: Very High 2 (1)
Speed: High (2)
Hyperdrive: Does not count unless going lower than Hyperdrive 1. (2)
Rating Total: 2

You are two ratings above and I accepted one as being weakness related. Spreadsheet says that about the hyperdrive currently is false and is under review by the Factory Team. John Locke has also made the decision to not allow a ratings bump down making it slower or ripping out the hyperdrive.

Let me know if you are going to do a rating downgrade on one rating or push it elsewhere.
Republic Engineering Republic Engineering

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin - If that's the stance that the Factory's taking, then perhaps an Official Update might be worthwhile as it currently stands at your word against the present ruleset.

Due to the fact I can have this submission pulled for modifications in the future when the Factory sorts itself out, I've elected to lower the Maneuverability rating from Very High to High. Also, if my submission was two ratings overpowered, you should've led with that instead of saying just one. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom