Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Rebel Procurement

Brimstone watched as the two speeders came crashing down out of the sky and wondered, how could he get a Jedi installed on one of his wrist mounts? The rest of the team were filtering out and taking cover "we need to keep moving so we can stay ahead of their main pack" He could see a third speeder also coming, but it was a way off yet. Maybe it was hanging back with its allies a bit after what just happened to the advanced team.

"Maybe we could check if that runs" he pointed at a large speeder truck backed up at a nearby loading hatch. It wasn't armoured but if the Jedi could keep away any heavy fire, he was sure it could get them the distance back to their shuttle. If the shuttle was still there. There was a large explosion nearby as an unguided rocket flew from the speeder that was rapidly approaching. "Time to leave this position Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson ?" He unclipped his BAW-64 and opened fire at the coming troops the speeder jinked out of the way, his rapid firing bolts not quite have the punch to get through the armoured front, but at least giving him something to think about.

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Elise Solsteel Starlin Rand Starlin Rand R3-D1 R3-D1 Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Poph Trotres Poph Trotres

5m5qOKV.png

Heinrich deflected three more bolts as he moved through the rugged building, covering the rebels as they made their presence known. Their number was smaller than reported, and he could only assume that the reason for that was the Sith. He quickly followed them out the other side of the building, exiting right when two Sith troopers turned the far corner. Heinrich's hand flicked forward, launching a chunk of rubble at the soldiers. It slammed into the first with enough force to kill him. The second got knocked to the ground, likely with multiple broken bones. Heinrich would have turned his attention to more pressing matters, but the fool decided to attempt taking a shot at him, despite his broken state. Heinrich deflected the bolt straight back at the man, killing him...

These deluded followers of the Bogan simply didn't know when to quit.

Heinrich began moving for the speeder truck just as their new companion had taken out the others. Another bolt came right for his head. He managed to deflect it right at the last second. He was still getting back into the swing of fighting. The many years of imprisonment had made him rusty with a saber. Luckily, his reflexes had never dulled.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Faster we can move, sooner we can get out of here."

He would have loved nothing more than to stay and kill Sith, but he knew that their extended presence would only draw more attention, putting those they came to help in greater danger. That was something he could not allow.

He turned his to Elise Solsteel as he continued to deflect more bolts.

"A sorcerer? That does make things a bit more... urgent."

He closed his eyes for a moment, searching through the Force to see if he could locate the sorcerer's signature. It was difficult; the bastard seemed to be rather adept at hiding his presence. There was something, though. A slight blip in the myriad of energies he sensed. It had to be him.

"Doesn't seem to be close, though I can't say for sure. If we don't push for that transport now, we may have to tangle with more than a few soldiers."

Heinrich took one look to the others, before turning back to their potential ticket back to the ship.

"There's at least one sniper that will have us in their sights if we make the move. I'll draw their fire. Keep anyone who doesn't take the bait off of me. Once I take that sniper out, get moving."

Without another word, Heinrich rushed forward, eyeing for the sniper's exact position. He would have to move fast, and his mind would have to be clear. Time was of the essence, and quickly running out.

"I'm not certain doors are a concept to Gen'dai," Cedric snapped over their local comms as he followed after Brimstone Brimstone . He reached out to assist Elise Solsteel in dispatching the approaching speeder, but it seemed she had that well enough in hand. He only watched as she flung the vehicle with relative ease into its counterpart, the resulting flames and shrapnel exploding outward toward the Sith soldiers and away from the Ashlans.

Honestly, it was nice to have someone else he could rely on to perform telekinetic support if needed. "Remind me not to make you angry," he offered Elise Solsteel a brief, approving nod as he moved to join his comrades in the fray. Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust had pressed ahead of all the others, and the Sith soldiers seemed to respond in kind. The Knight of Ession would receive the bulk of fire from the soldiers at the other end of the field, the sniper too taking aim. There wasn't much Cedric could do for the man other than hope that he made it out alright, and instead he made a b-line for the abandoned speeder.

Not willing to waste much time. the exile slammed a fist through the glass of the side-door, and pulled the locking hatch through the hole. He quickly dusted the worst of the glass away and hurled himself into the pilot's seat, willing the ignition switch to life with a touch of the empyrean's influence. The engine roared to life, and Cedric wasted little time in flooring the truck right in front of Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust , hoping to relieve his fellow for a moment.

"Everyone in now!" He called a sidearm from the corpse of a follow soldier to his hand. He wasn't the best shot in the galaxy, but he fired back at their attackers all the same, privately hoping that his comrades would board quickly before a stray bolt found its way into the truck's engine block.

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand , R3-D1 R3-D1

Last edited:

Elise Solsteel

E
Yes, we lost him several times, but he has always managed to find us again. With your help, we stand a much better chance at neutralizing him, but as I’m sure you’d all agree, the risk outweighs the reward. We’re better off disappearing before he catches wind."

If Heinrich could even sense him as a distant blip on his radar, then he was already far too close. There was no doubt that he would be able to sense them return.

When he ran from their cover, drawing the sniper’s attention away from the building, she opened her mouth to speak, but the words died in her throat. Fast and determined, that one was… Reckless even, but if the rest of his skills matched the telekinetic ability he demonstrated, he might be perfectly fine on his own.

Regardless, she would leave nothing to chance, if there was something that could be done.

Don’t worry, Lord Grayson. I can’t remember the last time I was angry.” Responding distractedly with a small smile, she then went quiet.

While Heinrich drew the barrage of fire, she turned her focus solely to him for a moment. Calling on the Ashla to bolster his own natural skills and reflexes, speed and endurance, to outwit the worst that was thrown his way.

He wouldn’t be alone for long, though. Cedric was next to burst from the building, and wasted no time in smashing his way into the speeder-truck Brimstone had spied. Taking control of what was likely their only means of escape, he slammed the brakes in front of Heinrich, and called for the rest of them to ditch the ‘safety’ of the factory.

The veterans wasted no time in sprinting for the speeder, a blur of whirling color deflecting bolts from virtually every direction. Taking out some of the offenders in the process. Elise piled into the trailer with them. There, she could stay out of the spotlight, and hopefully stick to a more effective battle meditation through their chaotic journey back to the dock, so they could all arrive in one piece.

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Brimstone Brimstone Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Brimstone was the last in to the truck, taking up a rear position to try and protect the rest from small arms fire, between him and the Jedi the truck should just about make it. He didn't know who was driving but they were all over the road trying to evade fire whilst working their way to the landing point. At last they seemed to be putting distance between the pursuers and themselves. This was likely temporary restbite as the enemy knew where they were going and could be lying in ambush.

"My money is on that sorcerer of yours already being at our shuttle. If I were him I would wait till we were all on then blow us out of the sky." He said cooly to the team "but that is just me"

He checked his equipment again, a few dings on the outer layer of his armour but nothing else to worry about at the moment. He looked at the Jedi assembled in the back of the truck, mostly catching a moment if breath like himself. He wondered why the rebels hadn't managed to get off the planet already, how tightly their enemies had the place locked down and even if they would be able to try and take off?

"Jedi?" he said to Elise Solsteel "in the excitement I never got your name. You seem fairly competent in a fight. What stopped you stealing a ship and leaving before we got here?"

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Elise Solsteel Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust R3-D1 R3-D1 Poph Trotres Poph Trotres

5m5qOKV.png

As Heinrich moved toward the truck, he knew that he would likely get one chance to hit the sniper. He needed his full attention on the task, and nothing else. As he bolted, Heinrich closed his eyes, allowing his senses to give way to the greater energies of the Force around him. He didn't need sight... Ashla would be his guide.

He could sense the truck nearing when the shot rang out. Every inch of his being could feel the ripples in the air as the bolt flew toward him. Then, in one swift motion, Heinrich deflected the blaster bolt, sending it back to its point of origin. Heinrich felt the sniper's presence no more.

Heinrich opened his eyes as just in time to see Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson pulling the truck in front of him, allowing him just enough cover. He wasted no time jumping into the bed of the truck, continuing to deflect blaster bolts as the others boarded.

"Perfect timing, Lord Grayson!"

As they pulled away from the fray, there was a small lull in the attack. Likely, the lull would only be temporary. Heinrich turned to Brimstone Brimstone at the mention of the sorcerer.

"Hopefully this sorcerer doesn't have your foresight. If he does, well... I suppose we'll just have to handle it before it gets to that point."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom