Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reawakening

Great. She took the book and moved a few paces away from him, setting it on the ground and opening the first page. No dedications, huh? She said into herself, after that stopping the cracking of internal jokes as a single note of laughter escaped her lips. Seeing no response, she looked down again and attempted to read the book, at which she was, needless to say having difficulty doing so. She could remember a few letters from her early days of Sith teaching, jigsawing the lettering together into something which she could understand.

Several times while she was reading she looked up towards the metallic husk to see if he would give any sort of response. Nothing. He simple remained silent just, well, looking at something Natalie obviously didn't have the insight in seeing herself. It would take several hours for her to completely traverse the book for its intricacies, unless [member="Darth Abyss"] had simply had enough of watching the girl struggle with the language and wanted to assist her. Rather than risk her being at attempting a potentially dangerous spell she simply closed the book, took it and stood up, staring directly at Abyss and then opening her mouth.

"Done."

"Really?"

The figure of the husk remained as motionless as before, but [member="Natalie LaForte"] would feel the darkness seeping out from within the hollow armor. It took only a moment until the book made an attempt to escape her hand, as the force began to follow through the fine network of crystals webbed into it. All of a sudden the untouched pages began to turn at a rapid pace, making it seem like the book itself was searching for something in it.

"Then I assume you have no problem telling me about the effect of these runes."

The pages came to sudden halt, revealing one of the many rune clusters written into it. Translated from the sith language the spell was dubbed "Wall of Fire". His apprentice had little way to cheat in this rather straight forward test of her comprehension. When he created his Tome he had to made a decision, between either crafting more open clusters that allowed to be altered in their effects with a far higher risk of backfiring, or creating them to be limited in their use, but stable.

It was the later that he picked, and if Natalie really understood the words of his most complete work to this date, then it would be easy for her to tell him the exact specifications of the spell.

Gracefully the book exited Natalie's hands without any sort of resistance, the grip that was present on it fading. Obviously, she wasn't spooked by the apparently paranormal movement of the pages swiftly turning.

"It's basic comprehension. I did graduate from high school, you know."

Natalie paused for a second, attempting to remember the specific spell before opening her mouth.

"​Everything? Alright. The spell is a form of pyrokinesis, during which the user can summon a ring of fire which remains in a fixed location around the user for a set period of time. During which, while the user can move they are unable to interact with it, along with the spell being unable to be cancelled by the book itself. I'm assuming, though it wasn't penciled in, it can be cancelled through other means such as sever force though don't quote me on that one, you're the author after all."

Glassy eyes fixated their stare into what she could only presume were [member="Darth Abyss"]' eyes.

"Anything else?"

"Actually I did not. Color me surprised."

The words obviously dripped with sarcasm. It was only [member="Natalie LaForte"]'s demonstration of her newfound knowledge that kept him from doing anything more to punish her for such insolence towards him. Considering her personality he didn't had expected her to fulfill this task so calmly. She might wasn't the young girl he scrapped from Nar Shaddaa, but a certain rashness was still a major part of her.
"Very good. I think today's lesson has reached its end, another will follow shortly. Until then I will have texts and documents for further research delivered to your office."

With a raise of his left the book slowly hovered towards the husk, and elegantly returned to the belt of the rising metal creature. His return to motion marked the point at which the Vampire was dismissed for the day, as marked by the slight bow he offered towards her.

"May the force be with you apprentice. If new questions cross your path, make sure to seek my answers."

Following his words the husk simply disappeared from sight like he had so often, leaving his apprentice behind in the dim light of the cellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom