Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Reaver: Alen Na'Varro's Personal Blackbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
hyjyt_zps03aeec68.jpg
Intent: To provide Alen Na'Varro with a top tier starfighter, and offset his mid-life crisis by a few years at least.
Development Thread: Will do if asked. (Acquired)
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Model: Blackbird (Link to Original Submission)

Affiliation: Alen Na'Varro
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material: Fibreplast

Description: "Like the StealthX it was designed after the Blackbird was specifically designed for the use by groups of Jedi or sole fighter pilots. The Ship itself has many similarities to the Stealthx it's hull is entirely composed of Fiberplast painted matte-black that is star spotted to serve as natural camouflage against the stars. Along with this the Blackbird is fitted with Gravitic Modulators, Photon Absorbers, and Thermal Dissipators as well as Sensor Negators. Much like its predecessor the Blackbird's shields have been mitigated in order to make room for all of these attachments giving the ship less survivability.
This all accumulates into making the Blackbird the perfect stealth ship without the addition of needlessly expensive and difficult to manufacture cloaking devices. The downside of this is of course that the Blackbird is entirely unable to use communications of any sort when it is stealthed. This means that the fighter itself can only be used effectively in squadrons by Jedi(much like the Stealthx Itself). Of course the Blackbird is also specifically designed to be a reconnaissance fighter.
On board the Blackbird is a full range of sensors packages as well as highly advanced cameras and a multitude of stealth equipment including dampeners and an almost unreadable hyperdrive signature. This makes the Blackbird the perfect reconnaissance fighter allowing it to take stock of the enemies strengths and weaknesses before reporting back to the fleet. The Blackbird is almost impossible to detect through regular means."
Alen Na'Varro came into possession of a Blackbird via, of course, one Ashin Varanin, who just so happened to own one of the vessels. Na'Varro duly paid her for it after falling in love with the starfighter (and a fun test drive on Morellia), and set about making minor customizations. Specifically, he filled the empty weapons slot on the starfighter with two coma gas torpedo launchers, and put a bobblehead figurine on the dash. He also decided to install leather seats, but apart from that, he could find little to improve the ship on. He named the Blackbird Reaver, after his second Master, and now dotes on the ship like a loving father. It is his baby, his second or third love of his life depending on the time of day and proximity to the ship, and a thing he spends a ridiculous amount of time on.
Classification: Starfighter
Role: Interceptor/Reconnaissance ship
Height: 1.5m
Width: 8.3m
Length: 9.5m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: O4-Z cryogenic power cell
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 2
Armaments:

• 2 x Laser Cannons
  • 2 x Proton Torpedo Launchers (6)
  • 1 x Jedi Shadow Bomb
Hangar:
  • N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Sensor negators
  • Gravitic modulator (1)
  • Photon absorber
  • Thermal dissipator
  • Shields
  • Hyperdrive
  • Sensor Package
  • Camera
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: 70 kg
Consumables: 1 Week(2 Pilots) 2 weeks(1 Pilot)
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability:

Please link the original blackbird in your post under model and the thread you acquired one (if there is one, no worries if there isn't) under he dev thread slot. It'll help me judge this quite a bit. Thanks.
[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

[member="Domino"]

Moved the original Blackbird submission link from dev thread to model, added the post where Alen takes the ship for a test drive under dev thread.

Why the coma gas? It's a very situational weapon and odd to see on a fighter. I'm afraid I'll also have to ask you to choose between it and the torpedoes, otherwise this will be a speed one super bomber.
[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

[member="Domino"]

While I understand your concern, I'm not too keen on weakening a unique version of a previously approved ship by taking off two entire weapons slots. Since two of the weapons slots are empty in the approved original submission which insinuates that they can be filled within reason (a Jedi Shadow bomb was a provided example), adding coma gas isn't really a modification at all. I wished to add it to make this ship a more capable boarding vessel. I'm fine with putting this on hold if the starship judges want to re-examine the original ship.

Or you could go with another pair of lasers or ion cannons while switching the original warheads to knock out gas. The key to what you just said is 'within reason,' 24 torpedoes isn't.
[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

[member="Domino"]

You're right, of course. 24 torpedoes seems a bit much. So I changed the coma gas torpedo launchers into a Jedi Shadow bomb, which was the example in the original submission and seems way more fair to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom