Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reassignment

cdx.missions.kuat_drive_yards.png

Core Worlds, Kuat, Kuat Drive Yards
Tag: Zahara Myneto Zahara Myneto

Out of hyperspace a Tsrotzhu gunship made a steady course toward the drive yards. Within minutes the vessel was navigating through the various transports and work drones occupied with Kuat's latest constructions. Subsequently it approached the nearest docking bay. Slowing more at pace the armed transport entered through the energy field and seconds later stopped before docking. Steam hissed from the ship's underside before the ramp finally came down.

Out came eighteen people in makeshift gear, packs and weapons. Leading in front was First Lieutenant Minerva Fhirdiad. Behind her one of the new recruits, a purple Mirialan male whistled, looking around the extensive hangar before them.

"I'm not on the farm anymore."

"Wasn't Coruscant enough of a shock for you Hall?" An orange Natolouan female remarked before she and some of the others laughed.

Embarrassed and offended, Private Hall Kasan cleared his throat while they kept walking.

"Uhh…well it's still amazing to me, Moya. A city slicker like you wouldn't understand."

"Save your couple therapy for later you two we have to settle in first." Minerva replied without even looking back in their direction. Quickly they obeyed while the group gave mechanics arguing about a E-Wing to their left a while berth.

Hall and Moya were among the latest members to the unit and they had another one coming on soon. Letting an astromech pass it blared and chirping in binary at them. Gakot, one of her sergeants, chuckled.

"That rolling tin-can swears worse than me."

Minerva smiled underneath the helm, shaking her head. Her expression quickly changed upon seeing a pair of Alliance ensigns, both humans waiting for them meters away. With a hand raised the Mandalorian silently halted her team as the duo came closer each one's arms folded behind them.

Exchanging salutes with Minerva one of the officers said.

"Strike Force Talon welcome aboard I'm Ensign Yudin. Your new quarters are ready. Follow Ensign Rilder and you will be there shortly. Lieutenant Fhirdiad the Admiral will see you come with me."

Nodding, she then turned to Gakot who did the same before he led the platoon to follow Rilder to the right flank. As for Minerva she went the opposite direction with Ensign Yudin. They exchanged no pleasantries before quietly entering an elevator that closed behind them. For the next minutes there will be silence between them before the lift stopped and the door, revealing a sizable office. Minerva stepped out while Yudin stayed inside the elevator, closing it behind the Mandalorian.

Last edited:

xybC9q7.jpg

div-red.png
Admiral Zahara Myneto's piercing gaze swept across the sprawling expanse of the Kuat Drive Yards, a breathtaking testament to the technological prowess of the galaxy's foremost ship builders. The view afforded to him by his office's expansive windows was magnificent, offering him a front row seat to the numerous engineering miracles occurring in orbit one of the most important planets in the Alliance - and one of the few to be largely spared any widespread damage during the Second Great Hyperspace War.

Though he supposed that was due more to the fact that for a while production at KDY, once the arsenal of democracy, had been ground to a halt due to political troubles on the Kuat itself. Whatever those troubles were did not concern him, he was only thankful they had been resolved.

The Defiance had been docked within a orbital yard belonging to the drive yards for a short while now. Here, he began the process of fleshing out his command staff, so far only consisting of Commander Genevieve and the disparate Task Force Commanders that belonged to CBG-Stazi, a temporary expeditionary formation he had been granted permission to form in the face of an impending confrontation with the Sith. Like most of the organized Battlegroup formations, it carried the distinction of a galactic hero, in this case Gar Stazi, the former Supreme Commander of the Old Alliance.

By the time he had been informed of the arrival of Lieutenant Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad and her team, he had been catching some much needed rest in his office, having just concluded back to back meetings with High Admiral Gascon and a member of the Ministry of Defence. Straightening his uniform, he beckoned for the door to open and gestured for the Lieutenant to take a seat, offering a handshake to her.

"Before we began" He said, his voice informal and friendly. "Let's dispense with the formalties. You can refer to me as Admiral. Save the 'sir' for crunch time. And consider that a standing order until I say otherwise"

Tag: Zahara Myneto Zahara Myneto

Shaking the offered hand Minerva then sat down. Before she could say one word Zahara Myneto spoke first. The Mandalorian had to resist the urge to tilt her helm, not wanting to be oblivious with her surprised expression that was underneath. In all honesty she hadn't met many leaders of high ranks in the Alliance military. Still she was well aware that formal ranks tend to be more focused on compared to being part of a Mandalorian war party.

The fact Zahara straight away called for no formalities made it clear that such a thing wasn't a high priority for him. She did appreciate it. Saying sir or ma'am all the time can get tiresome. Allowing herself a brief smile and saying.

"Of course that won't be a problem."

Minerva's expression became neutral again as she proceeded to remove the helmet and looked the officer directly in the eyes.

"So Admiral, what do you require of my team? Given the fact you put in for our transfer, trouble must be brewing."

In the back of her mind Minerva wondered if it was Mawite holdouts acting up again or more retaliatory strikes by the Imperial Remnant.

Last edited:

xybC9q7.jpg

div-red.png

"The Sith" He admitted frankly as Lieutenant Fhirdiad asked why he had her unit transferred. It was a rather simple answer that required little to no elboration, and yet it wasn't uncommon for the brass to bring their subordinates into the loop at the last minute. Not him.

"For the time being, I'm elevating your security clearance" He paused before tossing her a data pad, with the most recent information that had been decoded by Naval Intelligence. "Recently, I had a meeting with two Jedi who reported abnormal movements in the Stygeon Caldera. Such movements required investigation so I authorized a cover scouting mission"

He paused to allow her to take in the information. "The Sith have a significant military presence on Korriban, Dromound Kaas and Ziost. Ashlan Nationals are stuck on those worlds and require immediate extraction. To top it all off, Ession has closed its borders" He made no attempt to his his irrtation at that last part. The ruler of Ession, High Lord Tristan Evore was the principal designer of the Defiance and her sister ships. It baffled him that the only thing the so-called champion of free civilization would offer was financial assistance.

"The Chancellor has authorized an evacuation as a lot of the nationals were able to flee to Elom" He paused. "We're going to Elom"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom