Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reach For The Stars (The Awoken/Open)

original.jpg
Unknown Space
Major Plot - Act I
The void of space was her domain, darkling womb, dank and clandestine. It was where The Awoken walked and survived, depths she would retreat to in her time of solitude. When she closed her eyes and lifted chin, the dense emptiness could be mistaken for a lifeless vacuum. But this was where she grew up...it 'was' her home. There, she could pretend Petra back to her side, puzzle-halves fitting together with a satisfying tension. Oh, what would this small band of witches and warlocks become without the guidance she had to offer? What gizzard-stone effect would the galaxy have, grinding her down into the harshest components? No no no, their origin lay here, and there was the glory of the truth anticipating the future.

An exhale, a lovely whuff of breath into the atmosphere, sibilant and inaudible to anyone else approaching unless they had somehow managed to sneak up within a half-inch of the Queen. Which, to be frank, they hadn't. Winter leaned forward, Her gaze wandering over the star speckled void as her mind raced... It was a pleasant enough place to lie and mull over recent events. Aboard the Pillar of Ascension as it wandered the stars, Winter contemplated the possible future of The Awoken...

She knew for a fact she did not want to become wrapped into the mundane affairs of the other factions that squabbled for superiority...rolling in the dirt and claiming balls of earth as 'theirs'. Winter had no interest in such things...and the last thing she needed was for her faction to get into a war with the Republic or Sith...as a result, she had come up with a plan. Very simple, and she planned on consulting her loyal followers before making the final choice.

"Your highness!" A voice rang from the back of her throne room. Winter grimacing from the sudden unannounced disturbance. The Ice Queen looked over her shoulder and looked to her captain as the woman stood at attention.

"Queen Sovereign...we've um. Come across so-"

"What...what did you find?" Winter cut her off, preferring to get to the point rather than wasting time with filler. The Captain nodded briefly and continued.

"We've found a starship...it looks vacant. But we are detecting several life signs inside. And..." She explained before trailing off.

"And...what?" Winter asked, turning to face the captain and stepping forward with narrowed eyes. The captain quickly stood straight and spoke up.

"It would seem scavengers are picking the place apart...but there are to many life signs for it to be simple scavengers...we think conflict stirs within the ship. It does not look like it is branded to any other known faction." She explained, making Winter lower her gaze in thought.

"Hmm...very well. Summon The Awoken to the call...let us see what this mysterious ship has to offer." Winter said in amusement. The Captain nodding and giving a slight bow before heading off and leaving Winter in the center of the throne room...

Seemed things were finally getting exciting.

[member="Avo"]
[member="Darth Erebos"]
[member="Evan Kenner"]
[member="Felran Natri"]
[member="Ghorua the Fish"]
[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="Grudge The Grutt"]
[member="Henry Chinko"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="Jayce R. Vitalus"]
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]
[member="Lavania"]
[member="Maya Whitelight"]
[member="Rose Blade"]
[member="Thid Qaal"]
[member="Vithar Seth"]
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]
[member="Juliana Darkmourn"]
[member="Kara Blackmoor"]
[member="Katelyn Thanewulf"]
[member="Xain 'Cruor' Sykes"]
[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Vikas"]
[member="Freyia Whitelight"]

Kara had been summoned, as far as she knew there was some strange ship, she at the time was reading spellbooks, attempting to learn something, she had made some progress under winters tutelage, though it was not much, but at the same time it had not been that long either. She would attempt to make more progress as time continued, if she was able to. She still did not know what she was going to do with herself, she was on this ship, but she felt as if she had no purpose in the galaxy yet. She felt as if she was a waste of rescources, that she would always be unable to use her gift of the force.

Kara walked into the throne room, and kneeled before the queen.

"Hello my queen, why have i been summoned." She said, with her confidence tapering off at the end of that sentence.
[member="Lady Sovereign"]

[member="Lady Sovereign"] [member="Kara Blackmoor"]

Gray was studying aboard the pillar to try to figure out the whole force thing. He had started learning the basics, but he needed to learn more. He didn't even know why he was here though. He was no scholar. He was a merc, he was a fighter, he was a man of action. He didn't sit around and read books all day long. He got up and went about moving his body from the moment his eyes opened until the moment they closed. Why was he trying to change this? He knew why, and it was because he couldn't learn what he needed to learn anywhere but in a book and as a scholar. He sighed and went back to his studying.

Gray heard the call go off, and half cheered and half cursed the interruption. He was just glad he was in his armor for some weird reason even he couldn't explain, maybe the force told him to? He didn't have his helmet on as he went to where he was summoned to go. He went to the Queen of the Awoken. He saw her standing there looking as she always did, alluring. She was a very beautiful woman, but she always felt hollow to him. He couldn't explain it, but he also wasn't sure what to think of it. He felt it was wrong in a way to have cast aside everything the way she did, but he also understood the desire to do it. He had wanted to do it more times than he could count. He might even end up doing it one day for all he knew.

Gray smiled as he came up and said, " Hello there Lady Sovereign. Looking beautiful as always I see. So you called? What can I do for you today?" He noticed another woman standing there as well. He nodded to her and said, " And hello to you as well pretty lady. Here to hear our mistress' wise words as well?"

Katelyn Feanor

Two sides of a singular coin
[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Kara Blackmoor"] [member="Lady Sovereign"]

The hiss of sabers sounded through a sparring room as two individual blades clashed together in a small fit of sparks. The blades continued to connect as the small duel waged on before the training droid, who was holding one of the blades, was struck in the chest, deactivating it. As soon as that droid deactivated, another stood to take it's place, this one being of the same model yet taking a heavy stance, slow yet efficient in it's heavy swings as if it were swinging clubs of steel rather than blades of light.

Katelyn threw a feint attack towards the droid's legs, causing the droid to swing it's blade within a downwards arc, which would've come into contact with Katelyn's blade had it been a true attack. Instead, Katelyn sidestepped under under the outstretched arm of the droid before bringing her saber dangerously close to the droid's neck where the processor was located just above. The droid's hand rotated to block the blade, just centimeters from it's neck before Katelyn brought the blade upwards, out of the way of the droid's way. She jumped backwards, holding her blade in a defensive stance as the droid charged her.

The droid gave off heavy attacks as if the blades were made of steel, making Katelyn feel every hit upon her blade as if it was a vibration, heading up her forearms. Katelyn continued to block the attacks before the droid came in for a forward's slash, the droid raised both of it's arms high above it's head, it's blade in both hands before bringing it down. Only to strike the durasteel floor.

Katelyn had rolled to to the left of the droid before running towards the droid and rolling under it's arms. The droid finally cleaved it's blade from the floor before slashing towards Katelyn again, only for her to catch it within her orange blade. Katelyn pushed with all of her strength in her left hand, causing the droid to stumble backwards for a few step. This gave Katelyn the opening to sweep the blade at the feet of the droid, causing the droid to leap a foot into the air before Katelyn's blade slashed again.

The droid's body fell to the ground before a Call went off within the Pillar of Ascension.

The head of the droid was laying upon the ground in a heap by it's damaged body. Katelyn kicked the droid away from her, causing it to roll a few feet. Her blade sizzled off, allowing Katelyn to slip the blade within metal ring holster upon her leather belt before walking out of the room. She brought up her right hand, wiping away some of her black hair from her eyes whilst continuing to walking forwards. A pair of double metal doors opened before her, allowing her access to the chamber where the queen and two others were, one of which she knew. Speaking of the queen, Katelyn had never actually seen the Queen before in person or actually seen how she looked. So, she was taken away by the Queen's beauty for a split second.

Once she did recover, Katelyn spoke in a stern voice despite her face showing an obvious sign of training due to it being a light blush red. "My Queen, you summoned. When is it you desire?"

Nothing, around him was nothing as he floated in no gravity, his mind going over his recent time with Karness Muur. He was in the training room aboard his ship that was currently docked with the pillar of ascension, with the gravity set off he floated in the middle of it. Around him his Tuk'ata swam in the air quite happily as it was also his way of training them in case of a gravity failure on board the ship ever happened.
A knock on the door drew Erebos out of his mind and he used the force to angle himself towards the door as it opened. "My lord the Awoken Queen has... requested your prescience on board the Ascension." The old venerated veteran captain of Erebos's ship stood in the door, his stance at attention. "Thank you Captain Pelarious, make sure the crew get's to relax for a while but still able to resume duty just in case." Erebos replied as he raised the gravity in the room to bring him and his hounds slowly down to the ground once more.

It was ten minutes later that he arrived on board the Ascension, his three Tuk'ata trailing behind him and sniffing the air and ground. They had been coped up on board the Lament for so long he had to give them something else to run around in. And run around the three sith hounds did, the largest of them even running after a staff member that ran for his life as he didn't know the Tuk'ata were trained at all, his legs only took to a faster sprint when the other two joined the chase but of course they were only jogging after the man as they were fast enough to catch him. To them it was a game, a cruel game when looked at from the prey's point of view but a game none the less.
Erebos simply smirked a little under his mask as he watched the poor man run for his life while the playful hounds ran after him. With a sharp click of his tongue though the Tuk'ata stopped following the man and fell in line on either side of Erebos with the largest of them moving in front of him.

In such a formation Erebos walked into the room and before him was [member="Lady Sovereign"], queen of the Awoken. A beauty to be sure but given Erebos's personality and lack of any real experience with the opposite sex he saw every one as an individual no matter their gender. [member="Gray Raxis"], [member="Kara Blackmoor"] and [member="Katelyn Thanewulf"] were also present and the largest of his Tuk'ata moved to sniff at Katelyn's leg and then looked up at her, cocking his head to the side as he stared up at her. However the female of the hounds moved up towards Winter and carefully sniffed at her before examining her carefully, the last and third seemed to grow quite fascinated with the captain of the royal guard and began to slowly and carefully approach her. "Queen Winter, I have arrived as per your request and I wish to thank you for your indulgence in making me the co-headmaster of the houses of learning. Also please do not mind the Tuk'ata they will not harm any of you, they are simply curious about all of you." He said with a small gracious bow to the woman, adding the last part in a tone of humor. His first real meeting with her and even though it really didn't matter to him, he had found that a better first impression always served him better than a bad one like he used to do.

Ultimatum came into the system in the small ship, Forerunner. He would have come aboard his ship the Sovereignty, but there were a few issues that had come up with it and he was disappointed that he could not take bring it into the battle. However, it was more important that he be here. It would be his first real time in full out combat. He had thus far avoided it to keep away from the dangers, though he had prepared himself for such an event.

"This is Ultimatum, arriving in accord with your request, Lady of the Void. How do you intend on breaking into the ship?"

He looked forward to this battle. Just to prove himself capable of being part of these organics. He was strong enough and he could handle a Force user. It was just a matter of proving a droid was capable. He had the capacity to build construct armies of droids, fleets, and technology that would make battle easy. But he would put himself in a proper battle today and prove his strength.

[member="Lady Sovereign"] [member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Katelyn Thanewulf"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Kara Blackmoor"]

The Queen stared forward as the moments passed. Her ice cold gaze flicking back and forth along the halls of the ship as her call was answered by those within the Pillar of Ascension who had time to respond to their queen in a timely manner. And as her followers collected in the throne room Winter stood from her frozen throne and exhaled...stepping down the stairs leading to her chair and looking to Kara. Giving a nod before looking to the others as well and giving them all a nod of acknowledgement. Raxis and Erebos were here...always nice to see faces who had been around since day one. Regardless, that could be rewarded some other time.

"Your presence is appreciated...all of you." Winter stated coldly, her eyes wandering over the hounds that seemed to approach her curiously. Scoffing lightly before looking to Erebos. "Don't thank me. Show me it was not the wrong choice." Winter told the man before averting her gaze to her captain and giving a sigh. Winter was not one for kindness and found herself often trying to sound less harsh with no luck. Perhaps she should take lessons from her sister Summer...that woman seemed to be a ray of sunshine while Winter was cold and vicious. Despite being the youngest in her family. Regardless, she continued on with an explanation as to why they were summoned.

"Our forces have come across a vacant Starship that seems to be overrun with scavengers and pirates...while normally The Awoken do not concern ourselves with such squabbles Captain Scarlett believes that there may be prisoners somewhere within the ship due to it's strangely high number of life signs since pirates and scavengers travel in numbers of a dozen or so.." Winter explained before crossing her arms over her chest dominantly. Looking to each and every one of them before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"So i ask all of you what you want to do about this... I would never ask you to do anything i am not willing to do myself. And as a result, if you do not wish to concern yourself with such affairs, then i shall do it myself." Winter asked bluntly. She would not command them to fight a battle that did not concern the faction as a whole...but at the same time she would not put herself in harms way without warning them first. If they chose to back away from this challenge, then so be it. Winter had no qualms with exploring the ship herself.

[member="Avo"]
[member="Darth Erebos"]
[member="Evan Kenner"]
[member="Felran Natri"]
[member="Ghorua the Fish"]
[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="Grudge The Grutt"]
[member="Henry Chinko"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="Jayce R. Vitalus"]
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]
[member="Lavania"]
[member="Maya Whitelight"]
[member="Rose Blade"]
[member="Thid Qaal"]
[member="Vithar Seth"]
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]
[member="Juliana Darkmourn"]
[member="Kara Blackmoor"]
[member="Katelyn Thanewulf"]
[member="Xain 'Cruor' Sykes"]
[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Vikas"]
[member="Freyia Whitelight"]

Gray listened to Winter speak and tell them about her plan. He frowned a bit as he heard mention of prisoners. That was never a good sign in these kinds of situations. He thought over for a moment what had been offered. He had an idea of what could be done, but he wasn't sure if anyone was willing to listen to it. He figured the best idea as just to get it over with. He said as he looked at Winter with a smile, " Well rescuing them and ridding the area of pirates is good for the Pillar. The pirates might try to do something about us, although that would be suicidal, and I don't think right now is a good time to be taking damage. What I think we should do is send small teams over to the ship and have a two objective approach. Objective one being to rescue the prisoners then once that is completed move on to objective two of eliminating the pirates. We would best split into two to three teams. The first team focuses on engaging the pirates to distract them so the second team can extract the prisoners. Once team two has them to safety they can collapse on the pirates from behind and we can wipe them out. If we have a third team while all of this is going on they can board the pirates ships and see to it that no information leaks and no pirate escapes."

Gray took a deep breath before he added, " That is my idea at least on what should be done. I'm willing to do whatever you think is best. You are the Queen of the Awoken and commander of this ship after all. And I'm always willing to do whatever a woman as beautiful as you asks me to do." He just kept smiling. Who knew if anyone would like his idea or not, but at least he got it out there.

Coming out of hyperspace in a medium sized cruiser came hopefully to the aid of the Awoken and their queen. But it wasn't the kind help you were all to glad to have, it was the kind that was called upon when something needed to die. A sickening aura of the dark side washed over the ethereal plain of space and the crew and members of the awoken would be able to feel it. It was pure hatred, malice, rage, anger, death and destruction that poured out from it. It surpassed most Sith that were there and it was a pure dark side nexus that began to spread its corruption on the stars.

Fresh off of his slaughter on Zeltros, Korriban, and other small places the destroyer of life aka Dredge sat at the helm of the ship looking at the ships that were assembled before him, one ruined ship that he had picked up information of from various channels and the rest of the fleet of scavenger and pirate ships that were gathered there as well. Pressing a nearby button the man opened up a comm channel to the queen and spoke to her via holo call. After all the large cruiser there looked the most important to contact

The sight of Dredge sitting in his throne wearing his armor shined in a dull blue light, the helmet and shroud of darkness concealing his face before he spoke to the woman.

"This is the Warlord Dredge, I've received reports a downed ship in the area. Those who have arrived on location I give you this chance. The ship's scavenging rights are mine, the derelicts inside are mine, I wish not to do battle only to have my men scavenge a worthless ship."

"I want the Pirates and scavengers already aboard, my ghouls hunger and I haven't fed them in days. Dead, alive, doesn't really matter." Dredge said with a casual tone.

"I would rather I not have to pike your pretty little heads, it's been a long day. But as a generous person I will allow you the chance to parlay. What say you?" Dredge sent his message out to the Awoken and would await their response.

OOC
I recently joined the Awoken with Dredge and he's going to be more or less loosely affiliated with them as an ally within the faction. I'm not looking to fight or anything with his presence here this is just serving as his introduction into the faction. So don't freak out :p

[member="Lady Sovereign"] [member="Kara Blackmoor"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Katelyn Thanewulf"] [member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Ultimatum"]

Ghorua the Fish sat in his ship, the Whalebone, twirling his vibroblade in his palm absentmindedly. He'd just been drifting in open space. and looking for something to do. It just so happened that something presented itself to the Herglic.

He got a message on his comm channel from a new contact he made. Grunting, he turned the message on, and listened. So, the Awoken were summoning. Ghorua had joined the group of magicians and witches to better understand himself, and his apparent ancestry. Long story.

Cracking his knuckles, the Herglic entered in the coordinates, and let the ship rocket into hyperspace.

-a while later-

The Whalebone blasted out of hyperspace, and immediately, Ghorua straightened. There was an Awoken ship here, but there was a junk ship as well, and a few different assorted ships, presumably all Awoken. The Herglic smiled, rubbery lips parting. He opened his comms, and requested permission to board. Looks like things were going to get interesting.

Katelyn Feanor

Two sides of a singular coin
[member="Ghorua the Fish"] [member="Dredge"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Lady Sovereign"]

Katelyn crossed her arms across her chest as Winter spoke about the situation. The mention of prisoners was what caught Katelyn's attention. Causing her violet eyes to dart from the ground towards the Queen's face as to more easily redirect her attention towards what the Queen was talking about at the moment. From what Katelyn heard, pirates of some-sort were involved who must have captured the crew-members of the 'abandoned' cruiser.

Katelyn was always the first to sign up when another's life was at stack, completely ignoring her own life and forfeiting it for another's. Though, she learned better than to act before thinking, it had been that way ever since she left the First Order and Joined the Awoken. Katelyn's left metal hand clenched up on her right arm at the thought of the prisoners being tortured by the pirates, though she tried to forget about what she had visualized within her mind.

Katelyn's attention was redirected towards Gray as he spoke up about a plan he had come up with. Probably right up on the spot after the Queen had spoken. Katelyn kept her gaze fixated upon the Queen but she watched Gray out of the corner of her eye, not moving them to fully glance at him. Once he had finished, Katelyn spoke up, keeping her neutral expression with a stern and reassuring tone in her voice. "I agree with Gray on this my Queen. Though, perhaps each team should have two to three teams. The team which will rescue the prisoners should be only two seeing as how they could maintain a greater amount of stealth than a larger team and would go un-noticed more easily during the distraction seeing as how the pirates aren't foolish enough to not guard their prisoners...It's just a thought..."

Ultimatum listened to the small speech by [member="Lady Sovereign"]. It was nice, not bad considering the fact that this was something of a spur of the moment attack. There was little problem with the attack, Ultimatum looked forward to working his way through the halls of the vessel he had one of the old Z-6 chainguns from the Fate, after it had been upgraded with better weapons, and was planning on seeing how well it worked in a person to person environment.

However, his plan to move forward was disturbed by the arrival of another vessel which quickly sent out a message. He listened to it with minor annoyance. But the name struck as familiar. Dredge. Where had he heard that before? It was from his old master, something that had happened a long time ago. He could not recall exactly what it was about, for now. Later he would probably look over the previous information of his history and try to decide what this was.

He decided not to respond, it was not his place to make policy for the people that he was still integrating into.

Days had passed maybe weeks sense anybody had seen their commander even heard from her. Rose had locked her self in a room isolating her self from everybody to practice magic spells that she had seen from the awokens archive. Rose has been able to get some spells to work for short times others she was still practicing until she heard a captain mention that the pillar had contacted them. Opening the door she was greeted by her captains once they started to walk for the bridge she said. "Archive that i have been able to do the following spells but for only short periods of time. Speed of the Toocha, Touch of the Kiin'Dray, and Spell of Concealment. Now run it to the archive room and erase the existence of spells of the systems you will be the only ones who know i am practicing and i don't want it to leak out."​
Time: Unknown​
Once they reached the bridge they dropped out of hyperspace to reveal a massive ship hanging over a planet. "Ma'am we are detecting three ships one being that one the pillar then a cruiser. We don't know if it's friendly or not what should we do?" They were far from the ships but close enough to engage in combat if needed. Rose looking out the window staring at the cruiser as they barreled towards the pillar. "Get the silos warm. Inform the pillar that we are here and will be docking soon if we can identify the ship. But will stand by if needed. You two go unlock the silos. As you two go get my team ready." Once her captains left the communications officer tried to send a high encrypted message. "Pillar of ascension this is white castle i believe you are already informed what we have aboard and who we are coming at you virtually at an forty five degree angle of your bridge...... We have picked up a cruiser near your location and have heavy rockets on stand by for your command." Once the officer gave rose her a thumbs up that the message had been sent. "All right by the time we get close enough they will have sent us a response i want this ship to dock at that ring." She said pointing to one closest to the throne room. "Silos unlocked and warm waiting for the words." "Stay on stand by. Confirming ship is friendly or enemy within a few seconds." "Yes Ma'am standing by" Rose has never launched the missiles her ship housed they were more used for a scare tactic but if she needed to use them they have a heavy payload and would do alot of damage to what ever they hit. But now all they could do was wait till the pillar answered or they would stay and wait till someone made a move.​
Voices​
Rose
Communications Officer
Captains
Ignore if you don't Metalcore​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4qyynLzoHM​
[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="Dredge"]

[member="Gray Raxis"]'s plan was a good one, however it had one small problem. "Numbers." He said out loud before he interjected into the strategy. "As good a strategy as it is to split into two teams or even three to outflank the enemy and complete other objectives without their notice." He said gesturing towards [member="Lady Sovereign"] and [member="Katelyn Thanewulf"] to include them. "We lack the numbers to do so. What you are essentially suggesting Gray is that we split us up into two or three man teams, while having no idea of the scavenger or even pirates numbers on board the ship. However I believe this plan could work if we have all of our ships covering us, The doppelgangers lament has four mass driver cannons along with a full squadron of interceptors, it can also jam their coms so that they can't warn or call for help. Of course my ship alone won't be enough to make sure none of them escape."

He then finished, letting the queen decide on the course of action. In his mind as capable as she was, Winter had little experience in military matters and getting her to always go with the option were her forces came out ahead and with as minimal casualties as possible would be needed. He began to look around a little though seeing through the pillar, as bathed in force energy as it was, it wasn't saturated with the force as some ruins of the sith so he could still see through it's walls though just barely. Seeing the faint signature of [member="Rose Blade"] and [member="Dredge"] neither of whom he had met so he would keep his opinion of them in check until he had met either of them.
As annoying as it was though for Erebos to see [member="Ultimatum"] he did see the merit in the A.I. being here, with his knowledge of engineering he could help one of the teams find what they'd be looking for quite easily and given the artillery he was holding it would be fair to say he was a walking tank at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom