Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravaged Spirit (Anja)

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Nope. No sense of humor. Wonderful.

"Yes. It is. It was given to me before I discovered the Republic's corruption and fled. That is what brings me here. What reason do you have for bringing me here, now that you know I am no longer with the Republic?"

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

An unintelligent question.

Anja was not interested in offering answers to questions he was in no position to ask, "you've fled The Republic?" she countered his question with another one of her own. "How do I know you're not a pirate or thief?" She asked a very valid question, just because someone had a vessel belonging to The Republic didn't mean they were every with them at one point.

She was becoming disinterested with the prisoner, he lacked poise and seemed to be naive if he honestly expected her to answer his questions. She was an Umbaran, and from The Primeval, the two did not mix well for the open type of individual. She'd never tell a lie, though, but that didn't mean she'd reveal the whole truth if any of it.

For now she'd keep him in the dark, let him think whatever he desired about her but nothing that came from her own words.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
"Do pirates and theives typically wield the Dark Side of the Force as I did against your guards?" Evan answered calmly, seeming to glare at the woman now. "Pirates are not coordinated enough alone to get anything done, and a competent thief would steal something of more value from the Galactic Republic than a damn starfighter."

Evan stood up, making it clear now that he was a few inches taller than the woman. "To be branded as a member of the Republic is an insult to me." His fists clenched at his sides. His eyes stared through her soul like sharpened swords cutting through flesh. Sparks flew from his fists as hateful thoughts and broken dreams corroded young Evan's mind. "I would rather be Sith. I would rather be a scruffy nerf-herder, for goodness sake!"

At this point, Evan had begun to pace around his cell, as if speaking to himself now rather than the woman. "They tried to have me taken away to a cell just like this...for a crime I never commited. They betrayed me! They showed the faces they hide beneath masks of benevolence to me when they put two blaster bolts in the chest of a jedi master and blame the crime on ME!" Evan thrusted a fist in the air. A surge of energy echoed through the Force, like the thunder before the lightning in a storm.

Evan leaned forward with a hand on the wall, staring down at his boots, remembering he was still being watched. "Just going to stand and watch me? You must be eating my hatred up. That is what Sith crave, isn't it?" There was still anger in Evan's voice, but not directed at the woman.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"When did I ever say I was Sith?" She asked rhetorically, Anja was not Sith; she may have been allied with certain Sith but she did not find herself akin to them. The Host Lord did not rely on chaotic emotions in order to use her powers, they were tools to her -- the force, her magics, they were called upon by sheer will. It wasn't that unusual of a mistake for him to suggest that she was a Sith, though. The starship resembled that of the former Sith Empire's vessels and if he was able to sense her signature in the force, it would come across as eerily darkside.

Somewhere off in the armoury, along with Evan's things, a ringing noise alerted the attention of an officer. The woman walked over to the datapad to see that he had received a notification; she went to check it -- assuming there wasn't any security layer.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
There was no security on the device. Evan hadn't expected to lose it like this.

Evan turned his gaze to the Host Lord and raised a brow, "You're saying you aren't?" She reeked of the Dark Side. Evan suspected she was just pulling his leg.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

The woman accessed whatever message was sent to Evan, consuming the knowledge of whatever she saw.

"I'm not," she answered quite simply, "and you're not a Jedi?" She asked for further clarification.

Anja was not usually a very hands on woman, in most cases she'd have an underling handle the processing and interrogation of a prisoner. However; from time-to-time the Host Lord took interest, taking matters upon herself. The last time she did this was with Keira Ticon, a master in her own respects but also now apprenticed to the witch.

Whoever Evan really was, Anja would get to the bottom of it.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
The message sent to Evan can be found here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/62404-i-am-betrayed-riuku/#entry939935 [I'm guessing she's looking at it later and not right in front of Evan]

Evan hesitated at answering this question. Is he still a jedi? Evan assumed not. The jedi are pathetic servants to the Republic. Evan would not be held down by those chains any longer.

"No. I'm not a jedi."

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"Then why does your starfighter's system state it's property of the Jedi Order?" She made sure to bring up that point, he stated that he was betrayed but that didn't explain everything, or even who he actually was. The woman in the other room going over Evan's datapad had entered the scene, going through the doors and approaching the Host Lord.

She bowed, "It seems he received a curious message," she handed the datapad to Anja.

The Host Lord looked over what was sent, "You were betrayed, so why is someone looking for you through such conventional means?"

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan watched as the holorecording of his last friend in the Jedi Order betrayed his trust and tried to bring along another agent of the filthy Republic along to find Evan and, no doubt, bring him back forcefully. And here I thought I could trust Riuku...how naive of me

"Because that Vanr is...or, I thought he was my friend. Looks like all he wants is to set me into a trap with that jedi knight and bring me back to the Order to pay for the Republic soldiers I killed trying to escape..." Evan lowered his head, wondering whom he could trust anymore.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"So are you a murderer or was it self-defense?" She took some interest into his confession, she didn't care terribly one way or another if he murdered them or not. However; if he did lie she--as an Umbaran--would be able to tell unless he had some way of changing his physiology or perhaps was a master liar capable of controlling his body's subtle shifts as one told a lie.

The woman who accompanied Anja remained silent, staying put incase the Host Lord had any requests of her.

Anja turned to her, handing back the datapad and then turning back to face Evan, awaiting the response to her question.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan turned his gaze up to her.

"What'cha gonna do if I say it was murder?"

He sounded and appeared completely serious. It sorta was, after all. Those soldier were frozen and disarmed. His rapid, unexpected descent to the Dark Side influenced his actions, and he did nothing to turn it away.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"So it was murder then?" She walked up to the control panel on the cell, there were two buttons. One gassed the room--killing any organic lifeform inside--and the other disabled the energy barrier, allowing the prisoner to exit the cell. her finger pressed a button and the barrier fell, a faint bellow could be heard as it powered down. The woman then stepped back, giving him ample room to walk out of the cell.

Her assistant of sorts remained in the back, clearly puzzled by Anja's actions but didn't say a word.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Anja allowed him to leave the cell, no protests or alarms were raised as he stepped out.

"And why did you kill?" She asked, curious to know his answer.

Evan would not be the first Jedi that had come to The Primeval and surely not the last who would do so unwillingly at first. Soon everyone realized that there was enlightenment to be found in wild space; it was the unknown and there was much to discover. Jedi believed their philosophies were just, they found reasons and excuses to explain why the Sith returned yet again-and-again and each time the Jedi, their Republic, and the galaxy struggled. The Host Lord was no Sith, though, she was beyond that dispute.

She found no reason in codes or philosophies, The Primeval simply did as they saw fit and dealt with the consequences, whatever they may be.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan took a moment to absorb his surroundings. The faint hum of the starship around him became evident to the young chiss. A few beeps and whirrs could be heard in the distance as the ship worked to explore the wild space regions. Evan wasn't sure whether he should feel relaxed or...challenged.

"Why did you kill?"

Evan had a brief flashback of taking up the blaster pistol from one of the guards he had frozen in cryo and, in his fit of rage, executed each one. "I had won that battle. I wanted to make it certain that I would never lose one to those men. I wanted to secure my victory. Permanently."

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"And what do you intend to do now?" Yet another question for the fallen Jedi.

She didn't care about who he killed or why, but what he'd take from it--what he intended to do with that experience; that is what she wished to know. His answer wasn't all that important, regardless, very few answers would ever forfeit his life, someone like him had far too much use to allow it to be spoiled and if they killed him it'd be a waste.

Yet another curious question was what he thought of her, and where he was.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom