OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create an anti-capital ship starfighter for the Republic.
- Image Source: https://futurewarstories.blogspot.com/2014/04/broken-promises-wing-commander-1999-film.html
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Republic Industries (The Republic Remnant)
- Affiliation: The Republic Remnant
- Model: Rapier-class Heavy Starfighter
- G-32 Evasive Armor Plating
- Alusteel Hull
- Starship Components
- Classification: Heavy Starfighter
- Length: 11.7m
- Width: 2m
- Height: 3.2m
- Armament: Very High
- 2 Linked Maser Canons
[*]Squadron Count: Average: 12
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
[*]Speed Rating: Moderate
[*]Hyperdrive Class: None
- Standard Shields
- Standard Navigation
- Standard Life Support
- Standard Repulsorlift Engines
- Standard Communications
- Standard Sensor Arrays
- Standard Deflector Shields
- Weapons: The K.I.S.S. and twin maser canons provide some good firepower.
- Nimble and Quick: She's agile and faster than average fighters.
- Reload: Once it's delivered its K.I.S.S. payload it has to fly back and land to resupply.
- No Hyperdrive: It has to be carried to an engagement aboard a carrier or other craft.
The Rapier-class was designed specifically for use with the Kinetic Impact Shock Spears recently created by Republic Industries. Installed on a fighter, the fighter initially becomes an anti-capital ship weapon, capable of darting in and avoiding the heavy guns while delivering its payload. It is susceptible to other fighters and point defense lasers as most fighter craft are, but it has armor plating and shielding, and a couple of maser canons to help hold the enemy at bay. It does require returning to its launch vessel to reload the K.I.S.S. system, meaning that once it has delivered its payload it isn't very helpful on the battlefield. It is not a fighter made to fight other fighters. Most often they will be escorted by other fighters until they have delivered their payload.