Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random segments of Code

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
I do not know how organics can deal with this....experience, that I had dealt with. Recently I had been hired by the one known as Popo the Hutt in order to construct for him an Artificial Intelligence that was able to assist in commanding his ship among many other useful advanced to an organic without the processing skills of an A.I. However, in order for it to fully work I used a piece of my own programming to do so. With the help of an organic scientist we were able to construct the perfect A.I. for Popo's needs. I had named it....her.....ANNI. In a way I had given a piece of myself, while able to be reconstructed from data, over in the process. The equivalent of handing over a "child" of sorts to a Hutt. Since then I had tried to delude my thoughts by processing more data but so far none of it had worked. I had even tried my newer hobby of buying organic clothing, now currently wearing a casual dark blue dress, but even then it did not help. I could not shake this processing though in my head of what I had created and what I had done. I just sat in the apartment I had purchased on Courascant, looking out the window.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Re: Recent Upgrade
Sent to: @[member="MAI"]
\\- - - - - -
Hey MAI ! It's Jak. You know that suit you gave me? The propulsion one? Yeah, that one. Listen, I was wondering if you could possibly help me with something else. More prestigious.
Put simply, I need to make an AI. For hacking, and stuff. Do you think you can help me?
Thanks, either way!
- Jak
P.S. Circe says hi

MAI

The message I received from @[member="Jak Sandrow"] had left me feeling perplexed with how to respond. At first I felt the need to erase the answer and forgot I had received it, another that I wanted to resound that he should never ask me again or even contact me again. After much deliberation, lasting up to an hour for myself as I processed as much calculations as possible, I responded.

Come to Courascant at the following address.

After sending him the information he needed I waited. The day he arrived I was a simple white shirt and pants, trying something more simple for the occasion as some clothing fashion among organics tended to describe.

MAI

I opened to see him standing there. Greetings @[member="Jak Sandrow"]. Please come in. We have much to discuss." I showed him inside and let him know where he could sit. "I would offer a refreshment but, as you may be able to figure, I do not exactly require food or liquid for sustenance." Once he sat I made my way to the chair overlooking the outside view of Courascant. "I called you here today, Jak Sandrow, because I had considered to decline your request. I still am. But what I need from you is enough convincing to make me chose otherwise."

Jak Sandrow

He took the seat, waving a hand at her statement. "That's fine; I don't really need it either."

Nodding, he made his proposition. "Put simply, I can't be everywhere at once. I need an AI. I need something that'll sit in the computer and hold it for me till I get back. I need it to control computers from the inside, so that I can hack while I fight. Because right now I can't do both at the same time."

He shrugged. That was about it...

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

I looked over as he explained what he wanted from this A.I. before looking back to the view. "A Control Assistant as well as a hacking technology intelligence." I was silent for a moment as I process all of it together. "CATHI....." I had realized I had already given a name to her...it... "I am sorry Jak." I said, looking up towards him. "But.....I do not think I can do it. Not because it is impossible......because....."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

It was at that moment that Jak made a revelation. The droid in front of her wasn't just extremely intelligent. It - she! -was sentient. And that meant she was as real as any other person.

"Because it would be like tearing part of you away," he tentatively surmised. "It would be like creating your own baby, then ripping it away." He lowered his head. "I'm not going to lie. I don't understand how that could feel. But..." here he looked up - "I'll help.... however I can..."

Should he hug her? Let her alone? Leave? His mind was a conundrum of possibilities.... Which one?????

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

I looked to him, the way he spoke and described what I was experiencing. "You know what I am now, don't you? I am not just a droid. I am a highly advanced A.I. trapped within this body. And yes, it would be as you describe." I turned away. ".....that was how it felt the first time." Still looking outward towards the scenery I said "I had done the same not too long ago for Popo the Hutt. It was the first time I had done something like this. When I was finished....it did not feel the same as when I had began. I had named it like a child. It still had a personality. She was almost...in a sense....alive. And I let her go." I did not realize that my hands had clenched into fits. I looked down when I did and looked at them. "I have found data of organics doing something like this....selling their own children for profit. How can they make a decision like that? How could I....?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Well, this had taken a decidedly awkward turn. He bowed his head as she recanted her story. "I.... I'm sorry. I didn't know...."

The heck was he supposed to do? Hug a droid?

Yet that seemed like a good idea.

Sitting beside her, he held her close - not as someone attempting to hit on her, but more like a brother. Or as close a plant could come to being a computer's brother.

"I'm sorry. I can't understand how you feel, as I have no children of my own. I don't know how painful it must be for you, and I'm not going to pretend I do. But I'm sorry. However that helps."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

My hands unclenched as I felt his arms around mine. One found it's way to his hand and felt it's way over top of it. "Promise me one thing" You will take care of her, won't you? You will keep her safe. Make sure nothing, and I do mean anything, will not happen to her, Jak."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He sagged a little, visibly. "Unless Popo is of the Lords of The Fringe.... I can't promise you anything...." It pained him to say it, but he had no reason to lie to her. "And I don't know if I'll be able to get it -her - back either."

It hurt to say it.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Taking that into consideration I stood. As far as I had known Popo was not of the Fringe, rather aligned with the Hutt Cartel as well as the Sith Empire. And it was true there were a number of things that could happen to this new A.I. while with @[member="Jak Sandrow"]. I walked over to a nearby console and began to activate systems and programs. "You will need to lend me a datapad or something you plan to house her original programming in." I told him as I began to work on his new A.I.

Jak Sandrow

He let her go, and stood himself. "Right. Ummm..." He looked for his suit, then remembered he hadn't brought it with him. Too conspicuous. He produced a datapad instead. "Here."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Taking the data pad I hook it up with the console as I continued working on the program. "This will take some time. Feel free to do what you wish while waiting." As I worked I realized I had actually left the apartment in a messy state. Apparently the "mood", as organics would out it, had made me more despotic than I had believed. A majority of my clothing was string about all over the place from myself not putting them into the closet or other important storage areas. "Try not to mind the mess." I said.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He nodded, then noticed the room. It was.... well, surprisingly messy for a non-organic. "You usually leave your stuff piled around like this?" he asked, not trying to joke.

Making his way to a computer in the corner, he hooked it up to a holoprojector he had cobbled together. Taking out a VTC thumbdrive, he ran a program that let him play a simple, yet somewhat addicting game. With it, he had to raise his hand at the correct moment. That would allow the speeder to avoid projections from above and below.

It was some time before he carefully asked, "You done?"

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"I will admit I am not in my usual head-set today." I said, still working while answering his question. "But then I was not exactly in the mood for guests. You being the exception of course." After time went on I had used the cord device as part of the upgrades given to me by Circe Savan and hooked it up to the datapad. I turned to him and said "It will be done soon. Now the programming needs to configure with a piece of my own. Almost similar to receiving a vaccination for a disease in order to keep them strong." I looked to the monitor, seeing everything still configuring, before looking back to @[member="Jak Sandrow"] and saying "I should inform you now, this A.I. will not be like me. She is only suited to her programming and will not advance any further unless you allow her. She will be as a child, with a vast knowledge of hacking and everything else, taking her first steps."

MAI

"Correct." I said before turning back. "Configuration complete. I detached myself from the datapad and punched in final commands. A moment later I took the datapad off and held it in front of @[member="Jak Sandrow"]. "Jak, I would like you to meet your new A.I."

On the datapad an image of a horizontal line, like a sound-wave appeared. In was blueish green in color and, when the A.I. spoke, the line grew depending on the volume and length of words. "Greetings." it said in a younger voice, almost like that of my own. "I and the Control Assistant Technology Hacking Interface. Or CATHI if you prefer."

Jak Sandrow

He smiled. "Hello CATHI."

Taking the datapad, he plugged in the holoprojector. "You have an image for yourself, CATHI?" He didn't mean to sound rude, he was just curious.

@[member="MAI"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom