Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raid on Roche

The Roche Asteroid Field...

Triam Akovin sat in her Junk'd Up Ship, a YT-1300 light freighter. It was iconic and historical, but most importantly... a piece of junk. It was a nearly 1,000 year old junker ship! Not this one of course, but by now one would expect such a ship to have gone completely extinct, or at the very least maintain a derelict reputation. Apparently not, since she bought a used one recently. She would've stolen one, but she decided she was already a deserter, and didn't need the extra attention... yet.

It probably wasn't modified, and if it was she hadn't the slightest clue what was or wasn't. She'd find out later and figure it out.

She poked at the armor she was still wearing, the ghastly white/grey/whatever of the Republic Troopers. To her, it seemed pretty ugly, and provided as much protection to a blaster bolt as a leather hide. Not really, but she didn't really feel all that safe knowing that the next time she faces a sith, at least she'll get a few shots in before promptly being sliced in half in any number of ways. In this day and age, her faction, and the sheer size of their Empire, bumps up that likelihood pretty high. She didn't like those odds, so she would do something to put luck more in her favor.

That would require a bit of danger first but she was game for a bit of action, at there will be thrill of doing what you want rather than what you've been told. She never was too good at taking commands. It seemed like ever since she was little she had to be coerced to do anything... 'cept for her Daddy.

"God damn it," She sighed. She stopped thinking about that immediately. Luckily it was just about time she hopped out of hyperspace. Hopefully there weren't any Republic/Mandalorian/Sith Outposts remaining out here, just the bugs. That would help a lot. If she had to take her pick of who to hit though if an outpost cropped up, it would be the Republic, as much as she wouldn't like it. Sith are god damn scary and plain evil, and the Mandalorians are uber tough... though not very good fleeters. She had that at least to her advantage if she had to face some. The Republic was a familiarity, she knew what they were like, and also knew that without a Jedi they were pretty good cannon fodder.

While outside the Asteroid Field she fiddle with the ship until she could figure out where the scanners were, and told them what to search. She had to rely a lot on the holonet to get some Youholo videos on how to pilot a space craft. She was doing pretty good! At least, that's what she thought... At any rate, she eventually was able to get a ping on a very particular mine... Phrik! Well, Phrikite, but you know, she'll get Tydirium later. She knew though, that Phrik was expensive and pretty rare anyway, so while she would make plates for it (and one of those Mandalorian things to keep me from getting beheaded), she hunt for some Ultrachrome to make a cheaper less rare underlay. She had been basically doodling the entire ride to Roche, of all the designs she could utilize to get the most surface area of the Phrik covering her important bits, in a stylized fashion.

She was more of tom boy, but that didn't mean she didn't pay attention to how she looked, a girls gotta look pretty while she burns a hole through your gut. She got geared up though, as the Republic Trooper she would've been. She carried a Blaster rifle, and two pistols. Nothing fancy, and hopefully enough to get her through the day. She wished she had a grenade or something, like an Ion one to blow an hostile electronics. Oh well, she'll have to make due with what she's got.

She gracefully pilot her ship to basically ram into a docking bay... totally on purpose.

"Kark!" She yelped. She hoped it didn't damage the Junk'd Up Ship too much, she still needed it to get away after all. She vaulted herself out of the ship as stealthily as she could. Perhaps she didn't alert anyone yet...

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

Preliat was free-floating, his jet-pack gently propelling him forward. He had...borrowed a ship from some poor jerkwad back on Coruscant. He was not a big fan of space, but someone was paying him a rather large amount of money to map out the scrap to be collected here. Weaponry, fuel cells, metal upon metal to be collected, it was nearly a limitless supply of junk. That's when he saw something- a ship barrel into the one he was about to be boarding to take a gander at. Sighing beneath his helmet, Preliat gently activated the thrusters on his jetpack, floating towards the ship.

He saw a young...Republic soldier. Sort of. She didn't look or act like one, but then again, this may be a trap. He removed his M45, floating towards her. He landed gracefully, and his magnetic boots locked onto the ground."Well...hello there. Visiting or scrapping?"He asked, holding the rifle down across his chest, the way that soldiers tended to do when they had no intent of using them at the current moment. However, his armor could hold up to at least a few surprise shots. Well, actually, probably a lot. Beskar was, in a word, ridiculously tough. Much more than the duraplast or whatever the Pubs used for their armor.

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

"Well.. hello there. Visiti-" A stranger said.

"Bwaah!" She jumped a few feet back as she turned to find a Mando just standing right there in front of her. "A karkin' Mando!" She didn't have time to pull a rifle on him... that was usually pretty hard to do, but she probably should have thought to pull it out, after all she literally plowed herself into a combat situation. At least she had her pistols at her side. He didn't appear to be all that hostile, his stance with his rifle downcast. But then again, he's probably sitting pretty in all that lovely armor. She wouldn't be surprised if her shots just bounced off him with him standing there taking it all.

"-r scrapping." He finished his sentence. She stood still for a second or two, observing him, looking him up and down... though he probably wouldn't see this under her helmet. To him, it would just look like a near-trembling misfit Republic Trooper clumsily pointing two Pistols at his chest when she had a perfectly good Blaster Rifle strapped to her back.

"Hey..." She squeaked a bit. "Uh, I like your armor?" She said weakly. She shook her head, a bit realizing he was probably friendly, an stowed her pistols away and reached for her rifle with her hand up, showing no danger.

"Scrappin', you?" She collected herself and pronounced strongly. He really had given her quite the scare, she was still green after all.

Preliat stood there, stoicly. However, he had switched his helmet's outward audio off, and was CRACKING UP inside his armor. To her, he was just standing tall, and stared at her for a few moments, but shook after a moment, and regained his composure after switching his audio back on. Preliat walked around her ship, for about a minute, saying nothing. He was an observant character, and came back to the young soldier after a moment. He reached to a datapad, and tapped a few locations onto the sector map, marking sites of interest for his client."Preliat Cassus Mantis, at your service. Mandalorian mercenary...you are?"He inquired, his voice soft. He had the clear dialect that came from Ordo, and like most of the people from his planet, a sort of commanding tone. One that you wanted to follow and not piss off.

He didn't really seem to even react to the weapons being drawn on him, he actually didn't seem to care. Nothing that the Pubs really had right now that was issued to light infantry really concerned him, and the Mandalorian M45 had more punch than most Republic soldiers would even dream about the rifles they were issued. He let her reach for her rifle, and simply sat down on an aging metal crate, sighing."I'm mapping some scrap locations for a few clients. They want to have a good idea of what's here, so...they sent me. Paid a nice little chunk of change for it. What're you doing scrapping here? Nevermind, you probably don't want to talk about it, do you, dala1?"

Basic Translation:
1. Dala, meaning woman. Used in the same way as 'sweetheart' in this instance.

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

"Call me Tri, not as in the plant Tree, but like... T-R-I. It's short for Triam, Triam Akovin." She said, still trying to work out her identity now that she was kind of a criminal... probably as a career now. Few people ever strayed away from being a criminal once started. She was surprised nobody was here yet, she would of sworn she'd be knee deep in bug juice at this point... or bug meat, either way, she was relieved her noisy crap ship didn't seem to startle anyone so far. The Mando was a surprise obviously, but it looked like it would be like a welcome one. Did she really think she could pull this off alone? Damn she was thick sometimes.

"Uhhh not really I guess, um, dala." She replied back, believing Dala was some kinda slang for friend. She didn't know, she wasn't no Mando. "That means friend right? Anyway, isn't a bit strange that a Mercenary of your caliber is way out here making a map of a hunk of floating rocks that will be obsolete the moment you jump out of here?" She said.

"Since we're both here, might as well talk and walk, if its no difference to you." She asked him only a bit anxiously, company might be nice, she never knew. At the very least he'd make an excellent body shield. "One sec though," She just remembered something, how was she going to lug the Phrik back to the ship? She quickly snatched a big durable backpack, the action took no more than 30 seconds.

"I fiddled with my ships sensors a bit earlier, searching for a particular type of mine, but I'm a noob with ships." She smirked a bit as she jumped back down to the friendly stranger. "Any idea what this place actually is?"

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

He laughed at her next few statements, not bothering to switch off the audio in his helmet. He shook his head."Right, not like the tree...And no, it's a sort of umbrella term for females. Like sweetheart or, maybe toots. Though, I choose the former. Not as...abrasive. And as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really matter to me what this is. Client just wanted a good map of the larger and more untouched ships. Been bouncing around a few derelict ships. Hope it's worth the money I'm getting, not a big fan of space."He said, reaching up and trying to scratch his neck, then realizing there was a heavy Beskar guard around it.

Helped from getting your head cut off, that was for sure, but made itching places nigh impossible. He sighed a weary sigh, slowly arising from the metal crate and walking beside the smaller woman.

"It's okay, I'm not that good with ships either, truth be told. May I ask what you're looking for, Miss Akovin?"

Her cheeks got a little hot, either in embarrassment or anger... maybe a bit of both. "Toots?" She squeaked quietly. She shook her head again, walk it off, walk it off. She walked towards the nearest door, which was sealed closed. There was a terminal nearby, maybe this door was only locked in case of a system malfunction of the shield keeping the atmosphere in or something, and it was accessible by anyone. She started to fiddle with it.

"I'm lookin' for Phrikite Ore, I want a snazzier set of armor that doesn't require me to become a Mando. I'm all set with that honor smut, I'm in it for the reward and thrill." With an angry grunt she hit the terminal with her fist, then she smacked her rifle barrel into it and pulled the trigger three times.

"It pissed me off, it had it comin'. Got any 'nades or something by any chance?" She asked him. Fairly uneventful so far, she only crashed her ship into an asteroid, got snuck up on by a Mando Mercenary, and blew up a door terminal, and no attention was garnered from any bugs yet. Curious. Didn't they build droids for a living or something like that? Well where is all their security? Surely something of significance would have occurred by now.

@[member="Preliat Mantis"], @[member="Hacker"]

"Well...we could have sliced the door open....but that's not really an option anymore, is it?"Preliat leaned down to one knee, and reached to the small of his back, and activated the plasma torch. The one on his wrist was no-good in space, that was for sure. He cut a large hole into the door, turning to the woman as he worked, his body doing more of the work than his mind."You know, Miss Akovin, it doesn't hurt to live for something more than yourself or a thrill. Maybe you'll find fighting for something other than yourself is a better thrill than being hopped up on adrenaline every job. Besides, all the good fights and moments happen with the big kids, not on the playground."He said, removing the plasma torch from the door. He slammed it inward with his shoulder, and the door floated away, due to the gravity generators being offline. He huffed after a moment, and stepped aside.

"Ladies and people with death wishes first, ma'am."He said sarcastically, smiling beneath his helmet.

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

"Yeah well, as you can see so far I don't think a lot of my actions through," She said scratching the back of her helmet. "And I already tried the greater good shmut as a pub in training. Not my deal. I mean, I love my country as much as any other citizen but I don't think an idealism is worth dying over. But yet, I'm perfectly content getting shot at for a shiny somethin' somethin'. It's a goal I can hold, you know?" She explained. She wasn't sure why, but if felt right to do so. If he was inquiring then she would reply. No point in being rude for a guy who was blow torching a door you broke for you.

"Ladies and people with death wishes first, ma'am." He said jokingly.

"Guess that's me!" She jumped through his hole with a smile. She extended her arms with her blaster rifle out, just in case anything was on the other end of the door. Which there was.

"Crap." She muttered. Two guard droids were by the door, IX-6 Heavy Combat Droids turned their red sensors her way. She blasted one of them in the face before they had a chance to assess her threat and turn their dual rifles on her. She leaped through the hallway and rolled through the air several meters in front of them, before turning to pull a blaster pistol out and pull a few shots off, while holding her rifle with one hand which was only possible in Zero G.

@Preliat Mantis, @Hacker

Preliat was relatively calm when the droids starting firing at them, infact he seemed moreso simply agitated. He took cover by the door, and looked to the girl. They had targeted her just a moment ago, if he was quick enough, he could pop out and pop the droid. He pivoted on his foot, and dropped down to a knee by the door before the droid could even begin to target him, and hit it square in the chest. The M45 Blaster was terrifically effective, rendering the droid apart after a few more, well placed shots. He waited there for a moment, in case there was some form of backup. He came up, nodding towards her in a sign that it was now safe. And less droidy.

"You're real popular, you know that, miss?"Preliat said, laying the rifle across his chest. He smiled beneath his helmet, and stared at the woman longer than he should have. He spoke after a moment, turning his head back down the corridor from whence the droids sprouted."Republic is fine and all, but you're fighting for an ideal. Me? I fight for my brothers. I fight for something real and attainable. My goal is just as realistic as yours, all I want is what's best for my people. It's a rather...good feeling."Preliat reached up and gently tapped her cheek, before slowly walking down the corridor, expecting her to follow.

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

Hacker

H
@[member="Triam Akovin"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"]

Whining, sheering metal. Sparking wires being pulled apart and arcing. Hacker rent asunder one of the stations defensive droids with his bare hands. Ok, gloved hands. Lets keep this realistic. Metal clanked against the floor when he tossed the wreck aside. These droids were easy. Hacker looked back over his shoulder, several of them were strewn about the hallway. All taken down by blaster fire, save the one he toyed with. "Confederate droids are more fun. At least they scream". Hacker moved further along, deeper to his destination. Unknown to him he was quite near two other beings after a similar goal to him.

And so she did, after some unhappy mutterings. Once again, she bottled up her air hotheadedness and breathed it all out. Even under a helmet and armor she felt so exposed and vulnerable around him. Damn she needed to get her hands on armor that was at least a couple notches above plastic.

"Let's just get the phrik out of here." Then she saw four droids marched past them a ways down the hall way, running towards @[member="Hacker"]. She cocked her head in confusion, and then turned to @[member="Preliat Mantis"].

"Did you see those? Whatever it is, it's distracting the droids. We could probably sneak past them and head to the mining tunnels, but then again, whatever's distracting them might be useful. It sure is attracting a lot more attention than my crashed ship ever did." She suggested.

"Or, maybe whatever that is, just tore through force knows how many layers of droids and security, and is now promptly on it's way to make us either entertainment or a snack!"Preliat seemed to have an odd phobia of monsters and demons, arguably probably due to the fact that he fought a lot of them during his first real tour of duty after basic training in the military. He took the lead, looking around the corner. Sure enough, some nerf herder or some thing was rendering droids apart. Preliat motioned her over with his hands, and signaled for her to cross the hall while he covered her. Say what you wanted about Preliat, he would definitely have your back when you needed it and wanted it.

"I'll cover, you go!"
@[member="Triam Akovin"]

"What's gotten you all perky so sudden?" She mused over his sudden and apparent... well fear seemed to quick to place, paranoia seemed a better fit. However, she didn't quite blame him completely, strewn out droids down a hallway with some... thing, in the middle of it all might only be a bit concerning. If a lone figure could draw more attention in one spot than a freighter crashing into a space port, and a door being blown up along with its guards, perhaps Prelait's motivation to kill whatever it was, wasn't misplaced. She wasn't too worried though, despite his phobia, a Mando in armor was a nice thing to have behind you when you weren't the target.

So the plasticgirl charged down the hall and aimed her rifle at its chest; no point in trying to aim for something as small as a head in rushed combat. Also, she wasn't much aiming in a narrow walkway, it'd be more difficult to miss the thing. She yelled at it, for hopefully a startling effect. If it would stay in place long enough trying to figure out what was going on, perhaps it'd be easier to kill, whatever it was.

@Preliat Mantis, @Hacker

Hacker

H
@[member="Triam Akovin"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"]

More security droids were marching down the hallway towards him. They weren't able to be stealthy that's for sure. But all the more advantage to act on. Hacker ducked in to a side corridor, keeping his head and one arm aimed around the corner. The clanking became louder. "Wait for it. Wait....". They came round a bend into view and were met by a mild amount of fire. One blaster could just output so much. One droid dropped down into an inanimate pile of scrap. Someone shouted from behind them. surprising to Hacker that anyone else was here, but there was a reverberating boom within the last hour. Maybe they made it? That would half the wait though, three droids were still up and now shooting.

Preliat leaned around the corner, taking a deep breath. Stepping out, full standing shooting, dropped the three droids with his M45. The rifle was exceptionally loud, and packed a mean punch, even so far as knocking the droids back, and rendering them..dead. He wasn't sure what to call disabled droids besides dead. He lowered the rifle, turning to Triam. He said nothing for a while, then dropped back into cover.

"Forgive me, Dark Harvest kind of made me sorta jumpy when it came to monsters and all that. So, anyway..."Preliat removed a small thermal detonator from his belt, and softly laid it on the floor next to him. He crouched down at the wall, and held his rifle parallel to his face, closing his eyes. He peaked his head around the corner, and then brought it back out."Friendly scrap metal enthusiasts, what about you?"He said to the being at the end of the hall. His fingers rapped along the trigger guard, but his finger never actually left the trigger itself. He was also ready to throw the detonator down the hallway and send whatever or whomever was down at the end of the hall down to scrap space.

@Hacker@Triam Akovin

Dark Harvest? He was at Dark Harvest?

"Damn." She said under her breathe, as the last of the droids broke apart into scrap. She didn't want to know what he went through, zombies were not something she could deal with. It gave her the chills, and she was glad she wasn't in action during that time. She had heard of the outbreaks and was even near them, but thank god she never had to see them for real, or thrown into a suicidal combat with them. She'd have run the other way like a coward, that wasn't a situation you can get a kick out of, there was no reward other than continuing to live in a fight like that; and if you messed up... somebody you know might be forced to kill you for good. She saw him pull out a detonator, while he negotiated with whatever or whoever was there.

"Got any phrik?" She added to the question.

@[member="Hacker"], @[member="Preliat Mantis"]

Hacker

H
Seems these blokes were on the same track. No sense in killing them if they could help. "Course I don't. I would of trucked it out of here forever ago if I had. But seems we've a common goal. I suggest we band together perhaps take it to these clankers. Theres bound to be enough to go around of everything". Hacker waved out a friendly totally not armed hand. A friendly gesture to indicate his intentions. The giant stepped out from around the corner. His other hand still held his gun. It wasn't pointed at them though.

@Hacker@Triam Akovin

Preliat flicked the safety on his rifle and peaked his head around the corner, and then stepped out fully. Not a Mandalorian, and nobody he recognized. So not exactly super high up on his list of people he wanted to be around. He stared at the girl, and then sighed. He was definitely not taking his helmet off now. He stared at the man, and then to Triam. He really had no further business being here, but decided to stick around for the sake of his conscience being healthy.

"So......new plan?"

"Well it's obvious who the real nut job here is, and that's uhh... whatever your name is." She gestured to @[member="Hacker"], "You got any other skills other than ripping up droids into scrap? As my Mandalorian friend here can attest, I'm no good at opening doors, and he only has so many explosives." She turned her head to him to confirm this, though she knew she wouldn't need such confirmation from @[member="Preliat Mantis"]. It was odd how sudden combat can keep a group together.

"My guess is that the loot I'm after is probably in the center of the asteroid, that's a lot of doors and a lot of droids. Not only will we have to get in there and survive, we'll need a way out. If we go now there won't be any turning back until we've reached the objective, if we do... well then I'll die know I don't like you very much." She heard clanking footfalls behind her.

"We better get moving, I hear trouble, and it's coming from the wrong direction." She hefted and aimed her rifle down a separate corridor and jogged down it. "We'll need to find a map too, other wise we'll be lost and hopeless."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom