Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Raid of Weik

Time: Early Morning

Dyre Redwave sat in the hold of a large cargo ship. Through the speakers of the ship, an old Coruscanti folk song played. Dyre’s relaxed pose was that of a man content with himself. He had frequently been hit by strokes of genius, but in their present situation he was convinced that he had struck gold and he was certain that, had he not been wearing his helmet his new acquaintance would have seen a contented smile on his face.

“Renn” Dyre said motioning his new acquaintance over to a desk in the corner of the room, taking a seat himself. “I have traveled with seductresses, treasure hunters, men who sought only to kill anything that moved and those who were more content to stand around and talk while others did work. But somehow, I suspect you are cut from a different cloth. You want to talk numbers. I respect that.”

Dyre reached into a drawer in the desk and withdrew a piece of paper and a pen. “Some dislike my chosen profession and would speak ill of me, but I have no intention of doing you wrong, so you needn’t worry about getting scammed. Business relationships are founded on trust. Your payment will be provided, cash in hand, upon our arrival back aboard the Scintilla. I trust that this is acceptable.”

“During your time with us I will provide you with the basic necessities I would provide for my own men. I have skilled medics to treat your wounds, armorers to repair your equipment and a surplus of power packs for a variety of weapons. We will charge yours and trade you for fresh ones when you need them. I don’t know of many jobs in your line of work that include health benefits.”
He laughed as he made notes of everything on the sheet of paper. “I also have ample packaged rations should you wish to spend a night planetside... watch out for the Meatloaf... real doozey that one”

“Now, as for your monetary compensation.”
Dyre stated placing his pen to the paper. “I will pay you one third of market price for all slaves you bring me. Before you get upset, I will have to inoculate them as this place doesn’t even have the simplest of slug throwers, so I doubt vaccinations are a thing. and given the volume we collect, I suspect it will take a considerable time to sell them all. Therefore, feeding, clothing, providing medical services and storing them in the meantime will be a cost that falls to me to absorb until I can find a buyer.” He makes a note of this on the paper and continues. “There is one exception though, I do not deal in human slaves, a man has to have some scruples feel free to bring them back but we release them before we will release them before we depart.”

“I am additionally interested in the acquiring some of the wild creatures native to this world. I am not an expert in the markets of exotic beasts but I will guestimate some fair prices as my investigations didn’t really get me any leads. Let’s call it 25,000 credits for a healthy trollbane, though given my knowledge of their size and ferocity, I believe ten would be as many as I would be willing to take, preferably with a mix of males ad females. I would also be willing to purchase a pair, male and female of Dust Stalkers, not sure how to tell the difference and I am not inclined to pull up their skirts and find out. I will pay you 50,000 credits each for them though. I will take a second pair if you can get them easily enough but I will only pay 25,000 each for the second pair.”

As Dyre begins finishing the crude looking document he signs the bottom and pushes the pen across the desk towards Renn for him to have a look at. “I’m afraid I am a soldier and that we are woefully low on lawyers so I hope a gentlemen’s agreement such as this will work for you.” Dyre then waited patiently while Renn had an opportunity to review the terms..

Tag: Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

Renn sat there, a shader covering his eyes as he leaned back. The attempts to doze off were thwarted by the music. He could mute the earpieces but that wasn’t going to happen. Renn leaned up and listened to the terms. “Give me a mount, handcuffs and rations. The pay we be the same, and not half, but 60%. I will have enough workers to make that back whatever’s lost within a month.”

“Your men are not needed, I can get more alone. Send them a day after I leave, they’ll find villages with shackled people to bring back. As for animals, they will be left at the camps as well.” Renn looked back at the man, he didn’t look the type to make these arrangements, but if he didn’t pay, Renn would have a bunch of slaves.

“How much longer until we get there?” He pulled a case from the storage pulling his R82 out and next to it his axe (check bio). On his hip rest his dagger, and on the opposing, his revolver. Next to the holster for the weapon there was a pouch that jingled with movement. Opening it, he revealed ammo. Taser, sniper, explosive and tracking. His R82 ammo also remained in there, being the same caliber as his Revolver’s. With a grin he looked up and waited for a response.

Dyre Redwave Dyre Redwave

“Very well” Dyre said turning the paper and making the appropriate adjustments. “You shall have your cut, just remember, I don’t want broken merchandise.” He then turned it back for the man to review. While Dyre was somewhat reluctant to agree to this percentage, he did so none the less believing that the profit would still be worthwhile.

“As for mounts, if you are looking for a beast I am afraid I cannot help you, but, I do have a few jumpspeeders and you are free to use if you so desire. I will insure that it, along with a suitable supply of stun collars, stun cuffs and ration packs are loaded aboard your craft before we shuttle you to the planet.” Dyre turns a side and begins to speak into his com, ordering the proscribed equipment to be brought to the cargo ship which would serve to shuttle Renn to the planet.

Facing Renn once more stated “Once our agreement is set, you are free to go to your shuttle. A suitable destination for you to begin has already been selected. A village, mostly Duros away from the major settlments where you should be able to operate with impunity. Maybe two or three hundred people there. Near a forested area where you are likely to encounters some creatures if you are interested.”

“I will then depart with my men as well. You can call me over the com line whenever you like and I will order a shuttle to come and perform a pickup either of your or your wares. Don’t hesitate to call if you need anything.”

Renn looked back, he understood not to make the business broke. He nodded for the speeder. "I feel our agreement is now to both of our likings." He stood up and loaded two rounds into his R82 and spun his revolver clip. He walked towards his shuttle checking his pouch on his side, making sure it had the ammo he needed. He had shackles with him and had a sort of rhythm to his step.

His mask reflected descriptions of the people and the creatures, showing prime locations and easy ways to trap. In twenty-four hours Renn would be rich.

When Renn was set to depart, Dyre made his way to his own shuttle, he would be taking a contingent of his men to ‘introduce’ themselves to the locals. Loading into Lambda shuttles the following the other craft as it departed. Upon reaching the atmosphere, the ship carrying Renn separated from the others to take him to his target while the other two stayed on course for their pre-determined target.

At last, they reached their target; Vossport, the largest city on the planet. The ships lowered to let Dyre and his men off at the wooden windship docks along with two speeders for them to ride in. Stepping from the craft they saw wooden ships and the scent of saltwater filled Dyre’s nostrils before he put his helm on once more. The sight was charming, the simple technology and the quaint buildings. No doubt his own ancestors had lived in a place like this, long ago in times immemorial. Though such times were so distant they were now merely a footnote in history.

Stepping onto the dock with his men as the speeders were brought down from the ramps Dyre saw that a crowd was gathering. They looked none too pleased to see them. Dyre couldn’t blame them, his small force had enough firepower to feasibly conquer the planet, though he had no interests in conquest.

With their supplies offloaded the ships began to lift, though hovered close enough to provide cover if necessary. The crowd moved backward as they approached from the dock. A man in robes soon emerged to the front of the crowd.

“You do not belong here” the man said, his tone grave. “I would ask that you depart peacefully.”

Dyre raised his rifle and sited onto the figure. “I only just arrived” he stated shaking his head. “I am very much inclined to spend a day here.”

“I said you needed to leave these lands” the figure said drawing and igniting what looked like a lightsaber from beneath his robes.

“Well, if you insist” Dyre said with a laugh… “66 the Jedi” he said into the coms.

As the ‘jedi’ rushed forward, he was suddenly brought to a stop. One of the ships personnel tractor beams had begun to lift him towards the sky. Raising with him as they increased in altitude. When a suitable height was reached the beam was turned off and the man fell, screaming to the docks below where he landed with a sickening thud. His body mangled and obviously dead. The ‘light saber’ sliding off in Dyres direction.

He stooped to pick up the device and turned it on, looking at it for a brief moment before hooking it to his belt. His men fired mercilessly into the already dead man’s body. Dyre looked upward to the crowd. “That is no way to greet guests… now, take me your damned leader.”

Renn shuttle broke atmosphere at a high speed crashing into the water sending the waves against a nearby shore. Popping the hatch open he climbed out swimming to the shore. Upon looking up he saw a primitive spear pointed at him. Cocking his head he grabbed it flipping it around revealing more spears. His helmet translated for him, “I’d like to challenge your chieftain.”

Renn decided to land near a tribe which had trail by challenge. Propping the spear down he followed them to their camp, his speeder floated onto the shore as he walked off. Walking to the camp it seemed they set up a ring already, a tall, man walking out. He was broad and was about eight feet tall. The man pulled a weapon resembling a club and a shield out. Renn flipped his axe out igniting it. Words came from the crowd which translated to Jedi.

The chieftain didn’t seem to care walking forward and bringing down a strike. Renn just stepped to the side. Once the strike hit the ground Renn brought his own down, going through the chieftains arms, which was quickly followed by one that removed the man’s head. Flipping his axe away he ordered the men of the camp to put the shackles on, telling them they need to be linked strongly to transfer his power. “First camp down, say 25 slaves, small tribe.” The men were all stuck together and waited. Renn said his men would be there to help with the ritual and that he’d return.

Grabbing his speeder Renn sped into the forest a new location on his map. “Jedi? This got much more fun.”

Passersby stared at Dyre and his men, aboard their speeders, were lead to the ‘capital building’. The building appeared to be made of advanced materials; durasteel and transparisteel in particular. Though he found it strangely beautiful, he returned his attention, once more, to the task a hand, and he and his men were lead inside, leaving the speeders parked in the major road in front of the entrance.

As he entered dozens of guards armed with primitive firearms stood at attention flanking what he believed to be the heads of state. Though they tried to behave in a formal fashion it was obvious they were unsettled by his presence. One stepped forward and offered him a formal greeting. “Greetings off-worlder, I apologize for the unfortunate situation at the docks upon your arrival. I hope that you have visited our humble city for peaceful reasons.”

Dyre shrugged “I had expected this visit would be peaceful enough for me until your good tried to cut me in half on the pier. I don’t think you would be in a spirit of ‘good will’ either should the same happen to you”

“Indeed, I would not” the elderly man replied, "again I am sorry; though might I inquire as to your purpose here… what brings you to our humble city.”

Dyre thought for a moment, coming up with a reasonable and honest answer. “My men and I have come here in search of women. I trust you have those here?”

“Women? You seek brides? Here?” The guild master said confused. “Far be it from me to tell you how to live your lives, if you seek to find a bride then I shall assist you though I am uncertain any will desire to leave this world to accompany you, and as you have already seen our people are ‘distrusting’ of outsiders”

“I am sure that once they see it, they won’t be coming back” Dyre said honestly… after all, the cages he had prepared for them were certainly made very strong. It was then, he was hit by a stroke of genius, his entrepreneurial spirit kicking in, he decided to push his luck. “I would also request that you surrender any prisoners being held in your city to me as well.”

“The only people in our prisons are pirates sir. What would you possibly want with them?” The old man asked, completely bewildered by the request.

“That is between them and I, but it will remove the burden of their upkeep from your taxpayers.” Dyre said, his voice obviously intending to imply that this was for their benefit and not his own.

“Are you… are you quite certain sir?” He asked. “These men and women are bloodthirsty criminals; they are best suited to rotting in jail.”

“I believe I can find far greater uses in them, a way which they can give back to others.” Dyre replied once more, completely truthfully although the 'others' they would be giving back to were a very special few. “You need not worry about it.”

“Alright, I shall set to having the prisoners brought over and while you see to that” the man said timidly “I will see to rounding up the eligible women of city. You and your men are free to make yourselves comfortable while you wait sir” motioning to some simple wooden furniture and tables as he spoke.

“Thank you” Dyre stated “and please, call me Captain Redwave.”

Renn's speeder was winding in and out of trees. A marker showed on his HUD the distance in the next planned town. He was targeting the small ones before he went and destroyed a city. The technology here was lacking in advancements, so much so it was practically impossible for him to lose. A shot was heard in the distance, causing the speeder to halt. Renn got out of the seat, and looked into the village he was at. It was in a small clearing of trees, not that big ~75 population. Smoke rose from a long weapon that a man was holding.

"Get out of here you demon, we would like nothing to do with you." The man said, he seemed too serious.

Laughing Renn said, "What are you going to do, kill me?" As he said this more militiamen popped out of the village, all aiming at him. His HUD said zero percent chance of survival, but Renn was suspicious of how much damage these weapons could do. He would be killing about twenty men, but fifty would do fine. They all aimed signaling for him to leave. Renn laughed harder, "Try me."

With that the weapons all fired off, even the shots that hit the weak points in Renn's armor, bounced off. They were about fifty yards, he'd need to be closer for those to penetrate his gear. The men all stood in awe as Renn flipped out his revolver, switching out the bullets for explosive rounds. As this happened the men were reloading, and as the first raised to fire, they were all dead. Singed corpses laid everywhere, and Renn had to step over them to enter the town, forcing the people into shackles, shooting those who didn't comply.

A kid ran up, "Please sir stop."

Renn bent down, "You're a cute one, I want you to show me where the jail cells are, then I will consider turning myself in." The kid had hope in his eyes, "If anyone leaves, they'll get less than a mile before they are tortured than shot." That was a bluff, he was just going to shoot their legs out and leave them to the elements. Following the kid he was in a sort of jail, not that good, maybe could hold thirty of them, bars would probably break before the capture team got there. Opening one of the cells he walked in, slitting a prisoner's throat as he was rushed. The cell door shut behind him and was locked.

The kid ran up and almost made it to the door before a hand grabbed him, dragging him down. Upon seeing the cells, the kid noticed that one of them had the door cut off. Renn tossed the kid into one, shooting the criminals. "I was going to let you go, but it seems, that you made a mistake. Now no one will know you're here, you'll starve." Walking out Renn stopped at the last cell, blowing off the heads of the other inmates. "That is of course, if disease doesn't kill you first."

Walking up the stairs he forced everyone into a stone building, having to kill one more. His HUD counted forty-two people. That did not include the kid. "They are in city hall, all shackled, I made sure of it." Renn called the capture team, leaving that message.

(OOC: Sorry that took so long, also if you could leave the kid alone, can't stop you if you do, maybe he can grow up or something to want revenge, could lead to more RPs in the future between you and me)

After a wait of almost fifteen minutes under the judging gaze of the Guild Hall’s guards the doors to the hall were flung open as the ‘prisoners’ were brought in. These men and women were clearly no better off from their time in prison, with many coughing, covered in filth and showing signs of illness. Though they had not seen the stars as he had, though they lacked the professional training he had, these were men and women cut from the same cloth as himself. Men and women who deserved a fair shake at plying their trade in the galaxy at large.

“These are the prisoners you requested Captain Redwave.” One of the Guild Officials said nervously. “Surely these bastards are better off bound to the gallows, trying to redeem them would be a fool’s errand.”

“I will be the judge of that.” Dyre said indignantly to the official and looking over the men and women chained before him. “Now leave us, I wish to treat with these people in private.” He fixed his gaze on the official who began to clear staff and guards from the room.

When at last, only Dyre, his men, and the prisoners remained. He asked. “Who among you wants to enjoy a lovely walk to the gallows?” none responded. “Are you quite certain? Tying a hangman’s noose is a lost art these days” he laughed as he spoke, though the prisoners clearly saw no humor in it. “Good, so we can agree that none of you want to die...”

“What do you want offworlder?” A woman with red hair said stepping forward. “If you are wanting us as slaves then the gallows would be a kinder fate.”

“On the contrary” Dyre said kindly. “I am going to give you your freedom. What is your name?”

“Sibel. Though my bounty posters call me the ‘Red Queen of the Rimesea’ or some such nonsense” she responded.

“I can tell by looking at you lot, that you need medicine. I will see you cared for and armed properly. My men will train you, we will equip you and in exchange you will work for me.” Dyre said opening his arms. “You will be free to ply your trade in the greatest sea of all, the one which stretches between the stars.”

“What do you get out of it?” Sibel asked, clearly distrustful.

“For years no doubt, you have been plying your trade and doing the impossible with nothing… I simply wish to have access those talents should I need them, and a modest portion of your profits.”

“And if we say no?” she asked. “Would you still take us offworld?”

“I would get you offworld and save you from your fate at the hands of the hangman… but you would have to find your own way in an unfamiliar galaxy. I assure you, my offer is better.” Dyre stated “You would likely be left behind technologically and die in a gutter somewhere. You can discuss it amongst yourselves if you like” Dyre said calmly. “You are free to accept or deny my offer. I will not force you.”

Sibel turned and the men began to speak with one another. Their conversation was brief, as they had little option but to accept his offer.

“Very well offworlder” Sibel said resignedly, still not trusted the 'space man'. “It appears we have no other options…”

Taking the ‘lightsaber’ he had taken from the ‘jedi’ and wielding it carefully cut through the woman’s cuffs and freed her. “You will, in time come to trust me. But for now, the least I can do is trust you. I hope it is not misplaced.” He looked over the blade for a moment before placing it into her hand. “Free your crew ‘Red Queen of the Rimesea’, no ignominious death awaits you crew today.”

“Thank you, Captain.” Sibel said shocked that he had given her the blade. Clearly taking it as a sign that the offworlder could be trusted. “You uphold your end, and we shall uphold ours.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom