Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Raid of Abregado-rae

“Limited resources for this endeavor…” Dyre had laughed inwardly as she said it. “Oh yes, such limited resources, we are basically destitute!” stated his voice one of mock desperation. “With only a fully supplied yacht, two months’ worth of food, at least 75,000 credits worth of other cargo we have no use for and can easily sell and trapped on a civilized world, surely we are destined to waste away.” He stopped the act and smiled.

“Call it chasing ghosts if you like, but what else am I going to do. We are men without a country and a cause. Might as well take our chances with the ghosts… plenty of those these days” Dyre stated his voice solemn. “Men like us have little other purpose, though I understand if you have to go.”

Her mannerisms had borne the tell-tale signs of a sense of obligation. Obligation, responsibility, duty it had many names, but he and his men had borne the same burden long ago, though it felt like yesterday. Though it shamed him initially to admit it, the abandoning of those obligations had saved him from a needless death due to the recklessness of more important men than he. In this way, it appeared, that they were the same. This girl had helped he and his men, and he couldn’t deny he was grateful for her assistance.

“Look...” Dyre said with a sigh. “I will say it plain. You helped us, and for that, you have my thanks. If you must go, you must go. I get it. I won’t try to stop you. I too have carried the heavy burden of expectation by my superiors. Giving that up saved my life, and the lives of every man here. If, however, you wish to give it up, to live a life free of such burdens then you are welcome to stay with us. Kindred spirits and all that.”

He moved his hand from her shoulder and placed it on her head. “Alright kid?”

Tag: Sylvi

Sylvi

S
Dyre scoffed at me, proclaiming sarcastically about the resources we'd just acquired. He had a point. I had used what I'd been given by my Master to get us here, but the man was now flush with cash and even a fancy new ship to boot. If he wanted to, he could pull on this thread and follow it as far as he liked. A man like Dyre, with a holocron of his own? A smile tugged at the corners of my lips, now that would be interesting.

But then he became serious.

His words seemed to echo in my mind. Until now I'd dismissed him as a typical soldier type, who would look at me and believe I wouldn't understand what they went through because I was a woman, assume I was some soft little thing. I had believed that he wouldn't last a day serving the Master I serve, would recoil in horror if he saw how I paid for my mistakes. But... instead, I felt as though we stood before one another as equals. Our paths had been very different... but there was an understanding there.

"I don't lament my lot, Dyre." I replied, "... but thank you. I'll remember you if that ever changes."

Would Dyre and his men be able to keep me from my Master? I doubted it. They were lucky that I had no intention to take him up on his offer. Although... I gazed at him. Perhaps... perhaps if he branched out, grew a network of his own, broadened his horizons... maybe one day he'd give William the Bloody a real run for his money.

"You know, Dyre, You have some good men with you. They're loyal to a fault. I've met Crime lords, Sith, governors all who would give their right arms for loyalty like that. It's almost a shame that you don't have more ambition. Group like that? Hells, you could do anything."

I smiled, turning from him and beginning to walk away. I need to contact my Master, and I wanted to presentable when I did. Turning my head, I called over my shoulder,

"I hope to see you around sometime."

Turning back, I smiled to myself. Me? Beginning to put pieces of my own on the board, to move in secret, hidden from my Master? Never...

Dyre Redwave Dyre Redwave

‘Her choice’ he thought to himself shaking his head as she walked away. He had given her an out if she chose to take it. He was disappointed to see her go. She had been the key to unraveling the thread that lead to more wealth for he and his men. But he was confident another option would present itself.

He turned, going to the common area of the ship to wash the blood from his arms and armor and soon was in a taxi bound for his new ship with a handful of his men. The others were making final preparations for the cargo ships departure, and those who were not taking the cargo ship to rendezvous with the remainder of his men would make their way to the yacht shortly.

When he. at length, walked aboard the craft he went to the kitchen and opened a beer, though his men were jubilant at the enormous haul for so little work, Dyre himself remained silent. Sylvi’s words lay heavily on him. Making his way to the suite which he intended to claim for himself, he pulled the sheets from the bed and finding fresh ones set about making the room his own… all the while lost in thought. Turning on the oversized monitor he soon he was sitting on his own sofa, watching wegsphere.

“Anything” he said to himself quietly. It was a broad concept, and while he knew little of the motivations of the Sith, he could, most definitely, understand the motivations of crime lords and governors. These people were motivated by money, much like himself. These people though did not merely raid and pillage… they started businesses and invested…

In that moment Dyre was hit by a stroke of genius. “Businesses” he said aloud. “We need to invest.” It had been plain as day and it had been her who had made him see it. He poured over site after site on the holonet reading, determining what best suited the predicament of he and his men, looking to government officials and crime lords alike. His men had arrived upon this world as pirates, soldiers long bereft of cause or nation. Now though, that was about to change. They were now business owners. As he paid the small fee to register the name across numerous systems he was overcome with a sense of satisfaction. It was a small step but it was a step in the right direction.

Dyre leaned back in his seat and stared at the ceiling of the suite. This was comfort, but it did not represent success. This was not the end of their raiding; a great deal of work lay ahead of them. Now though, at least, he and his men could truly concentrate on building their future. They would destroy, but they would also build. The future looked brighter. Before the exhaustion of the day overtook him these words escaped his lips “Thanks kid.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom