Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ragos Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my first factory submission so I hope, I didn't do a terrible job.​
Spawn_2k4_by_Bomb18.jpg

Image Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Spawn-2k4-15875920
Intent: personal armor for Ragos Terrek
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/43789-the-road-to-hell-is-paved-with-good-intentions/ (WIP, More to come)

Manufacturer: Darth διάβολος
Model: N/A
Affiliation: personal
Modularity: no
Production:unique
Material: augmented/modified Orbalisk beetles
Classification: other
Weight: 12kg
Quality: 9
Special Features: lightsaber resistant, augments force powers, increased healing

Description:

untold millenniums ago lived a sith lord by the name of διάβολος, stood heads above his peers as a creator. his skill with a saber was rudimentary, his force powers how ever were great, but his talent with alchemy and science were unparalleled. to keep his power and wealth safe from those who would usurp him he strove for decades to build the perfect armor. he used any and all material he could find, making beautiful pieces that were as gorgeous as they were functional. still he was unsatisfied. he travel far and wide searching for what he needed, when the force brought him to duxun and introduced him to the orbalisk beetle. he could weep with joy, he had finally found the material he needed. the beetles on their own would instinctively form an armor that surrounded their host as they fed off of the wearers dark side energy, whilst simultaneously increasing their hosts connection to the darkside . perfect symbiosis.

the dark lord spent 50 years and countless apprentices perfecting the augmentation of the orbalisk armor..

after all the years he worked on it, he was too old to wear the armor but that was not a deterrent to him. his last few years were spent finding a way to keep his consciousness alive in the armor. after his death, his workshop and his armor both mysteriously disappeared and have yet to be found.

+lightsaber resistant
+augments phyisical prowess(Strength, reflexes, speed, agility, healing ability.)
+vastly increased healing properties
-/+keeps the wearer in constant pain which strenthens darkside force powers
-constantly fueling the orbalisks with dark side energy can send the user into a mindless, destructive rage. The root of this is the orbalisks that are sent into the rage, but this apparently affects the host who also goes into a mindless rage
-weakness to electricity
-removal could be fatal
-drives the wearer toward insanity due to the armors creator Darth διάβολος infusing part of consciousness into the armor with the ancient dark lord vying to take control of the wearer

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Ragos Terrek"]
Alright, so. After some research and some poking around, here's what I'm looking at.

Orbalisk armor is canon, meaning it has more or less defined strengths and weaknesses or, at the very least, a general parameter of operation and use.

Now, the only two individuals to use the armor were Darth Bane and Freedon Nadd. Freedon Nadd sealed all of his extensive knowledge away in his holocron which was later obtained and used by Darth Bane to create his orbalisk armor. Now, with that in mind, I do know of one writer on this board that has used canon Orbalisk Armor off the top of my head, so there is precedence of use. However, what you've subbed deviates from the canon armor page.

Going from top to bottom, I'll break this up into two sections. One for what needs doing without a dev thread and one for what needs doing with a dev thread. I see you've already started one, but I'll still break it up for you anyways :p

Without a Dev Thread:
  • Weight: Orbalisk Armor and Orbalisks never had a set weight, but with each part of the armor being made of a biological creature with lightsaber resistant shell and filled with biological tissue, you'll need to bump up the weight. Somewhere between 12-18kg should be good.
  • Special Features: Orbalisk armor was, with the exceptions of the hands, feet, and head, entirely lightsaber resistant. If you want to keep the limited resistance, up to you. The orbalisk chains are gonna have to go, however. There's no canon precedent and the Orbalisks would have to attach to one another which, as parasites to other animals and not themselves, they couldn't do.
  • The references to an ancient sith lord would need to go. Orbalisks are biological creatures and, though the wookiee does not list a lifespan, with few exceptions all biological creatures die eventually, meaning that after many millennia those orbalisks would either be long dead or too old to be of use. The longest period of time that I've seen in canon for wearing orbalisks is around a decade, which means wearing them for an entire lifetime is... probably going to be a short lifetime.
  • The ability to control where the orbalisks go on the body would have to go as well. Orbalisks are attached permanently until removed by a special technique and removing them without the technique will kill the host over hours or days. Augmenting the armor to shift and move to cover and uncover body areas bypasses this canon weakness. If it helps, Bane wore special gloves, boots, and a helmet when he slept to keep the orbalisks from covering his head, feet, and hands which would render him completely immobile.
  • The strengths of the armor would have to be altered. If you really want limited lightsaber resistance, that's up to you, but canon orbalisk armor was fully lightsaber resistant. The boost to Darkside power is less a direct boost and the ability to use the constant pain the armor causes to strengthen one's hold on the darkside, something Darth Bane did in canon. The boost to physical abilities is canon, so that's fine, too.
  • One strength that is canon that should be added is that the orbalisks tend to heal injuries quickly.
  • One weakness that needs to be added is that constantly fueling the orbalisks with dark side energy can send the user into a mindless, destructive rage. The root of this is the orbalisks that are sent into the rage, but this apparently affects the host who also goes into a mindless rage (this is my inference on the canon weakness after reading both Orbalisk and Orbalisk Armor pages). This rage can be controlled by the host which can produce an endless cycle of power buffing, but this is mostly offered in a theoretical sense. Neither Darth Bane or Freedon Nadd are listed as capable of this as far as I have found.
  • Other weaknesses that should be added are a weakness to electricity that can kill or stun the orbalisks and loss of stealth. Wookiee says that it takes one million volts or more to kill one, but it appears stunning can be done with less voltage. You should be fine with just a generic weakness to electricity. The loss of stealth appears to be a visual identifier, not something that prevents you from using Force Stealth or lightbending techniques. Still, it should be added as it was a canon weakness.
  • The insanity part would need to be removed as the Sith Lord reference would need to be removed. Also, as they're living creatures, I'm not so sure if one can impart a consciousness into them, but I'll ask around to those who would know and double check for you.
With a Substantial Dev Thread (40+ posts w/ 2+ writers):
  • Weight still needs to go up to 12-18kg
  • If you really want limited lightsaber resistance, it's up to you, but you can put "lightsaber resistant" if you'd like. Still gonna ask for the orbalisk chains* to go, however.
  • With a substantial dev thread with substantial posts** I can see keeping the Sith Lord reference if you so desire. Stasis fields are a thing so it's not completely impossible to preserve something organic that long. However, the dev thread needs to fully discuss the Sith Lord in question and explain how his stuff was found/discovered. You've already started it the thread and I think you've touched base with that. Just keep on going and don't be afraid of detail.
  • Still gonna have to ask for the ability to cover and uncover parts of the body with the orbalisks to be removed. It bypasses canon precedence and compromises a canon weakness of the armor.
  • Strengths would be the lighstaber resistance, if you want it. Otherwise the other two are good, though keep in mind the boost to the dark side is an indirect boost, not directly fed from the armor.
  • Healing ability can be added, though if you really don't want it, that's up to you. The ability is canon, though.
  • Weaknesses need to include a vulnerability to electricity and the inability to use basic stealth (hiding in robes, using disguises, etc.)
  • I checked with some folks (while typing this all out) and was given the information that you can imbue organic beings with a consciousness. If you want to keep the insanity weakness and the causes there, make sure you detail it in the dev thread, please.

That's about it. Lemme know which option you wanna take and we'll go from there.

*Lack of orbalisk chains does not prevent you from equipping regular chains. Telekinesis is a thing.

**My rule of thumb with substantial posts is generally at least a paragraph per post if that helps.

[member="Popo"]

thanks for the imput. I will probably go the Dev thread route as I planned on doing multiple threads before even finding this armor. I will make the changes to the strengths and weaknesses as suggested.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Ragos Terrek"]
Cool. Not trying to rush you or anything, but I'll ask in a week for an update. If everything's done, cool beans. If things are still in the works, I'll archive this to clear up the forum. If that happens, just request that it get pulled back out and someone will do so.

[member="Popo"]

I don't feel rushed but I do feel like I should let you know your probably going to have to end up archiving it. with the holidays coming up and the plan I having going foreword, it is going to take more than a week. my bad for putting it up so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom