Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC R7-L9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: R7-L9, AKA. R7
Loyalties: [member=kalyn skirata]
Role: Kalyn's companion, mechanic, and friend.
Development Threads: None of note
Age: ~800 years old (body) ~50 years (Time since activation)
Species: Droid
Force Sensitivity: No
Appearance: R7-astromech droid
Personality: Loyal, Freindly, (when doing work) serious
Weapon of Choice: Droid Shock Arm Air cannon, Cable gun, Scomp Link, Fusion Cutter
Wealth: N/A
Combat Function: R7 can shock people, use an air cannon to annoy or confuse people. and to make force users unfocused, the cable gun to trip people, or as an alternate use drag them away from combat if incapacitated/injured. He can also slice into computer systems, but while this takes time, with a bit of foresight on his, or Kalyn's part, can really help in a fight. He also had a short range fusion cutter, while this wouldn't be lethal, it would cause intense pain.
Skills: Very good slicer, great mechanic.
Notable Possessions: Nothing but 200 years of memories
Other Notes: R7-L9 was created 800 years aho R7 was only first activated over 50 years ago, he remembers his past owners, and knows the exact layout of every ship he has worked on over that time period. His body is around 800 years old, he was able to survive this long due to him being purchased, but never activated, he was basically left alone in a warehouse for all that time, this warehouse was on some backwater outer-rim world, so he was practically untouched by the chaos surrounding the Gulag Plague and the 400 year darkness. He came into Kalyn's possession in her search for a companion. She was specifically looking for an astromech, as she normally got along better with droids than humans. Once he came into her possession she gave him numerous upgrades, including a massive memory overhaul, effectively increasing his data capacity by 700% and added 35 jumps to his astrogation buffer. This was possible due to the data storage mediums and compression methods used just after the clone wars were much less efficient than those used today so she transferred his ai and memories onto a few data disks, and then subsequently removed the old outdated droid brain and memory banks, she then installed a new droid brain, and new memory banks, and subsequently installed the AI into them. Though this made his jump jets effectively pointless, due to the added weight, so she got rid of that and added an improved fusion cutter system. She also fiddled with his AI making it looser and made it so the AI could be more "organic" so he now he can act with semi-autonomy.

Intent: To act as a companion to Kalyn, and anyone she happens to be working with.

Hi [member="Kalyn Skirata"]

Just a few things to iron out before we get this approved.

Kalyn Skirata said:
800 years old (body) ~200 years (Time since last memory wipe)

given that this Npc predates the beginning of our time line I'm gonna need some detail on how he's lasted so long without being scrapped etc. this should be added to the other notes.

Kalyn Skirata said:
Various equipment he has been modified with over the years.
I'm afraid I need a specific list with links to either the cannon source in the wookie or the player made source in the factory

Kalyn Skirata said:
uses various gadgets to confuse, delay, or stun enemies. (mostly nonlethal)
same here, this is to limit the potential for drama over what R7 can and can't do

Kalyn Skirata said:
ffectivley increasing his data capacity by 700%
I'm dubious about this so I need you to either expand on the description of how you did this or point me to a cannon example of this

Kalyn Skirata said:
She also fiddled with his AI and removed the second law of robotics, and modified the first so it now reads "you may not kill a being" with no extra clauses. She did this so the AI could be more "organic" so he now has his own agenda, and can refuse orders if he feels like it.
Asimov's Laws don't exist in starwars :p so you can just say his AI is loser so that he has a semi sentience and can act with autonomy.

Thanks,

Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom