Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore R.I.B. (Royal Intelligence Bureau)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an organization which a future PC will be part of.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Draconis Reticulli, Ashtar
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Organization Name: Royal Intelligence Bureau
  • Classification: Intelligence Organization
  • Affiliation: The Unified Monarchy (a major nation on the planet Draconis Reticulli)
  • Organization Symbol: A golden square with a series of blue and red concentric circles inside of it
  • Description: The R.I.B. was created during the Second Total War for the purposes of discreetly gathering vital information from the enemy, and preventing the Unified Monarchy’s own vital information from being leaked. Now that the war has ended, their role has more or less remained the same.
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
  • Headquarters: Tragalaropolis, the capital city of the Unified Monarchy.
  • Domain: While they claim to only operate within the Unified Monarchy, in reality they have secret agents throughout the planet Draconis Reticulli.
  • Notable Assets:
    • A secret and well organized spy network.
    • A wide variety of clever spying devices
    • Access to all of the Unified Monarchy’s latest technology
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Hierarchy: The public head of the R.I.B. is the Security Commissioner. However, the real head of the organization is the General Intelligence Leader, code named G.I.L. Below the G.I.L. and the Security Commissioner is a well organized series of different ranks with a clear chain of command.
  • Membership: While the precise number of R.I.B. agents is unknown to the general public, most estimates are somewhere between 50,000 and 500,000. In reality, the number is 750,000 in total. Most of these agents were transferred from other governmental organizations. The process of becoming an agent is very difficult. In addition to having to go through a standard military training course, potential members must also complete four years at the Agent Specialization Academy.
  • Climate: There is a very serious and secretive climate in the R.I.B., as many agents are not allowed to tell anyone about their work. Additionally, most agents have fully dedicated their lives to being agents of the R.I.B. In fact, anyone above the rank of Class 3 Spymaster (roughly equivalent to the rank of Major in other organizations) is required to cut off all family connections by whatever means necessary. Death faking is the most common, but other methods are not unheard of. Agents of the organization are loyal to the Unified Monarchy above all else, which means no one is truly safe from them, not even the King.
  • Reputation: Most people are scared or annoyed by the R.I.B., and want no association with them. In the public consciousness, the organization is something of a taboo to talk about too much, almost as if saying R.I.B. three times will cause an agent to appear. This is not helped by the frequency of journalists investigating the organization suddenly disappearing forever with no explanation.
  • Curios: N/A
  • Rules: All agents follow a strict code of rules in order to ensure every mission is a success. These rules include, but are not limited to:
    • Never leave any trace of a mission behind.
    • Memorize everything that could be important
    • If you suspect a fellow agent to be a traitor, make an immediate report to your superior.
    • Do not be conspicuous in any way.
    • Remember that the mission outweighs any personal goals you may have.
    • Only kill as a last resort.
    • Always make rational decisions, even when you are afraid.
    • Trust no one.
    • Question everything that seems out of place.
    • Secrecy is key.
  • Goals: Gather key information about international threats and prevent governmental information breaches within the Unified Monarchy.
MEMBERS
General Intelligence Leader: ???. This person’s true identity is only known to 5 living people in the entire universe. They have a wide variety of false identities and names, but all of them are nothing more than falsifications. This person has a voice which sounds smug, condescending, and self glorifying. The strange thing is that nobody seems to have seen this person’s face. They only ever speak through telephone calls or notes passed under doors. Currently stationed in Tragalaropolis.

Security Commissioner: Riquali Klindep. Riquali Klindep is an experienced war veteran who fought in not only the Second Total War, but also several minor conflicts taking place before the war. She seems eager for the Third Total War to start, and firmly believes that not only is a Third Total War inevitable, but that it would end in a glorious victory for the United Monarchy. This has put her into conflict with the Royal Senate numerous times, due to the Royal Senate not wanting a Third Total War. Currently stationed in Tragalaropolis.

Known Agents:
Jarkap Wellery, an agent in the Intelligence Analysis Department. Currently stationed in Tragalaropolis.
Eld Ankeru, a high ranking officer in the Intelligence Analysis Department, and a former field agent. Currently stationed in Tragalaropolis.
Utiko Drezun, an agent in the Internal Treachery Correction Department. Currently stationed in Tragalaropolis.
Moztof Sonajal an agent in the Foreign Investigation Department. Currently stationed in Kyedo, the capital city of the Ontaraxia Imperium.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The R.I.B. was founded in 864 ABY, during the Second Total War on Draconis Reticulli. It was founded to stop the massive intelligence breaches which were occurring within the Unified Monarchy and to steal intelligence from the government of Greater Quondalis. It was very successful in its goals, and was crucial to winning the war. Some of the organization’s achievements include cracking five different codes used by the Quondalian Military, foiling a plot to assassinate King Hraloran XIV, and finding the location of the Quondalian Military’s experimental weapons center. Even though the war is over, the R.I.B. is still very active. After all, a Third Total War does seem to be imminent on Draconis Reticulli.

Last edited:
Under Review Ham Salad Ham Salad

Always interesting to see intelligence agencies come to the Codex. Maybe the agents should be known as R.I.B. Eyes, so that everyone will confuse them for tasty steaks rather than dangerous spies. Let's look at a few things before approval.

• Affiliation: Since the United Monarchy don't have a faction page or a submission, it'd be helpful to clarify who they are in this section. I would specify that they are one of the nations on Draconis Reticuli.

• Headquarters: What is the capital city of the United Monarchy? Surely it has a name. At a minimum, list Garda Island.

• Membership: People might not know in-character how many agents the R.I.B. has, but this is an OOC submission, and there is a huge difference between 50,000 and 500,000 agents. Please provide a more precise number.

• Climate: This is pretty bare-bones; it would be nice to have at least a few more sentences of description. All spy agencies are secretive, or they wouldn't be spies. What is special about the R.I.B. that sets them apart? Are they loyal specifically to the royal family, or to the nation as a whole? Do agents know each other and cooperate, or are they kept isolated even from other agency members?

• Reputation: This is pretty bare-bones; it would be nice to have at least a few more sentences of description. Do citizens of the United Monarchy feel positive about the R.I.B., or are they suspicious and fearful of them? What about citizens of the other nations on Draconis Reticuli? Are some nations more angry at / fearful of the R.I.B. than others?

• Members: Are any of these people player characters or submitted NPCs? If so, link them. If not, please provide brief descriptions of them. Random names with no descriptions mean nothing to the reader. If the leader of the organization is unknown to the public, who is he/she/they known to? Does the king know? Please describe this mysterious person a bit more.

If you need any support, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom