Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Quick Question...

I have no idea. But here's an alternative.

You can insert a little white play/pause button into your thread that plays audio from any YouTube video you want when a reader clicks it, and stops when it's clicked again.

Here's a thread where I did this, so you can see what the end result is like.

And here's how to do it yourself:

Paste the following into your thread towards the beginning, before the story starts. (Or wherever you want your play/pause button to be.)

{div= width:100px; height: 22px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden]{div= width:100px; height: 22px; color: white;]{fa]fa-play{/fa] {fa]fa-pause[/fa][/div}[/div}{div= width:100px; height: 22px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden}
{
div= width: 190px; height: 22px; margin: auto; opacity: 0%; margin-top: -100px; padding-left: 32px; ]{media=youtube}#####[/media]​
{div= width:100px; height: 22px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden]

Now, pull up a youtube video in a new tab with the audio you'd like to insert. Where the 5 underlined yellow pound signs (hashtags) are? Delete those, and paste in everything in the youtube video's URL that comes after this-> /watch?v=

Everything after the equals sign goes where the red hashtags are, but this won't work if the video is part of a playlist. Just find it and play it on its own to get the right video ID.

And finally, in order to make the code actually display, I had to replace a few Brackets [ ] with these fancy parentheses { } colored red so you can find them all and change them back to normal brackets.

I really hope this helps, I'm not a perfect teacher (at all) but I think I covered every step. Have a great day.

Last edited:
I have no idea. But here's an alternative.

You can insert a little white play/pause button into your thread that plays audio from any YouTube video you want when a reader clicks it, and stops when it's clicked again.

Here's a thread where I did this, so you can see what the end result is like.

And here's how to do it yourself:

Paste the following into your thread towards the beginning, before the story starts. (Or wherever you want your play/pause button to be.)

{div= width:100px; height: 22px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden]{div= width:100px; height: 22px; color: white;]{fa]fa-play{/fa] {fa]fa-pause[/fa][/div}[/div}{div= width:100px; height: 22px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden}
{
div= width: 190px; height: 22px; margin: auto; opacity: 0%; margin-top: -100px; padding-left: 32px; ]{media=youtube}#####[/media]​
{div= width:100px; height: 22px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden]

Now, pull up a youtube video in a new tab with the audio you'd like to insert. Where the 5 underlined yellow pound signs (hashtags) are? Delete those, and paste in everything in the youtube video's URL that comes after this-> /watch?v=

Everything after the equals sign goes where the red hashtags are, but this won't work if the video is part of a playlist. Just find it and play it on its own to get the right video ID.

And finally, in order to make the code actually display, I had to replace a few Brackets [ ] with these fancy parentheses { } colored red so you can find them all and change them back to normal brackets.

I really hope this helps, I'm not a perfect teacher (at all) but I think I covered every step. Have a great day.
Hmm, thanks!
Those curly parentheses are also called "braces," and boy do they make quite the fun smile! :}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom