Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Clarification of Dominion Rule Six

6. No single Writer may be responsible for more than 1/5th of the total posts in a Dominion.

What is the punishment for a dominion where a writer writes more than 1/5th of a dominion? Does it raise the minimum post count of a dominion like in Rule Five of dominions?

[member="Fatty"]

I would believe it does, like when someone spams the Dom. For each spam thread or over their percentage requires one additional post. I usually tell people that make interesting stories in Doms that once it is over....go crazy.

[member="Darth Venefica"], [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Interesting. As I believe I have found a loophole in the rules, that would allow opposition members (allowed into the dominion to serve as opposition) to conceivably "deny" a dominion from happening without breaking the statement "No faction may interrupt a dominion."

For instance, say there is an unaligned character accepted into the dominion that for whatever reason really actually doesn't want it to be dominioned.

As the rule stands, he can either:

1. Produce sub-par qualities posts to increase the posts necessary for the faction to claim dominion over the planet
  2. Produce posts with such frequency over 20 posts, that it increases the posts necessary for the faction to claim dominion over the planet.

The first one can be easily resolved by punishing the opposition that is deliberately attempting to sabotage the dominion with poor quality posts, directly, rather than punishing the ones honestly trying to run a dominion.

The second one is probably the hardest thing to do considering they would be a single person attempting to outcompete an entire faction, and it would eventually boil down to how can keep the pace until the ultimate verdict is reached, or until one of them gives up.

These are unlikely, and easily resolved scenarios, but what would your stance be on this?

Fatty said:
6. No single Writer may be responsible for more than 1/5th of the total posts in a Dominion.

What is the punishment for a dominion where a writer writes more than 1/5th of a dominion? Does it raise the minimum post count of a dominion like in Rule Five of dominions?

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/53172-dominion-rule-alterations/?p=798618

Raziel said:
If I do 25 posts in a 100 post dominion, do we now have to hit 105 posts as a group or 125?

Assume in this example we reached 90 and realised someone had over posted by a few.
Tefka said:
If anyone catches it, a post penalty from Staff may be applied. Probably 25 posts, but it depends on the situation.

[member="Fatty"]

Honestly, I never came across someone attempting to sabotage a Faction's Dominion before. Most people that lobby to be opposition in ours usually do so to have fun, and if there is a something amiss going on, usually it is resolved quickly in either OOC or PM.

Darth Ferus said:
[member="Cira"]

What happens if someone purposely sabatoges a factions thread by posting lets say thirty times to make the other members post an additional 40 posts?
How can you prove sabotage is there to begin with?

If the FA requires every writer to post their post count in a dominion, it will be visible just how many posts each writer has written.

You then have a visual gauge that everyone can reference to.

I don't understand why the worry about sabotage is even there with that method in place, much the less how one may go about proving it was sabotage to begin with. That's a lot of assumption going on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom