Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions

After their capture by and then her release from the Empire, Ra had quickly returned to her home on Vjun. The Dominion had fallen and been defeated. Destroyed as she knew it was going to be. What she didn't know was why she has been set free from the clutches of the Empire. While being held, it wasn't uncomfortable. She was treated more like a guest than a prisoner, but after a few days, she was set free.

She didn't know the fates of either Adron or Anya, but she would hopefully find out the answers to her questions soon. Upon her return to her home. Ra had rested a few days and then dispatched a message to Adron. It was a simple request that if he was able to visit her on Vjun that he would come.

A day and time were given, but no reply was sent back. Unsure if the message had even gotten through, Ra waited in her library for him to show up.

He would know the route, location and how to get in if he was able to. Vincent would still be there to open the door and guide him through the labyrinth of halls to her library.

[member="Adron Malvern"]

The High Moff sat in the back of his shuttle, a contemplative expression on his face as he felt the soft pull of Hyperchange.

In the front of the cockpit the pilot had accessed the intercom, to give the passengers an update on their journey. "Sir. We have arrived at Vjun, beginning to breach the atmosphere......Now." As the shuttle moved through the atmosphere Adron stood to his full height, his silence unbroken as his looked to the guardsmen who stood before him.

On normal cases Adron would have a squadron of his Novatroopers tasked out to guard his life. However, for a journey this far and questionable the High Inquisitor saw fit to "gift" him with Imperial Shadowguards. Some of the best trained force users in the Empire, even among st the ranks of the Inquisitorius. Though they were tasked with protecting his life there was no illusion of them having no ulterior mission. The High Moff was still new to the Empire, and it could be easy, perhaps even tempting, to abuse his new powers in service to his own ends. Of course the Moff had done such, but not in a way that it would damage the Empire.

He knew that the Shadowguard were tasked to watch his movements, as well as protect him. It made no difference to the Moff, so long as they did their job, he had nothing to hide anyway.

The duo remained unmoving as the High Moff stood up from his seat. Their masks were so lifeless, it nearly disturbed the man, nearly. As he felt the shuttle touch down on the ground his eyes turned to the, now opening, bay door. "Come." He ordered the two, making his way down the ramp and onto the surface of the planet.

Vjun was a nostalgic planet to return to, and now in the days when he embraced the Dark Side it had an eerie comfort about it. Dismissing the feeling as eccentric thought and a distraction he approached the castle. Upon approaching the door he watched as it was opened to him, an elder man, familiar in appearance approaching him.

"Oh my, the young lord returns....well not so young anymore. M'lady awaits you. Please come." He said, gesturing for the Moff and his guards to enter the castle.

Adron offered a humorous chuckle before nodding at the old man. "Thank you." He said, glancing back to his shuttle before making his way in.

He made his way down the halls, trailed by the duo of shadowguards until once again he was brought to the Sith Lord's study. The elder man knocked on the door before calling into the room. "M'lady, your honored guest has arrived." He uttered before opening the door to Adron.

Turning back to his guardsmen he gave them a commanding look. "Stay here."

As he made his way in the room the guardsmen slowly took up position on either side of the door. As it was closed to them they set their saberpikes in their arms, crossing the tips to the deactivated weapons over the door.

Adron entered the study, adjusting the cuffs to his uniform before inclining his head to Ra. "Lady Ra'a'mah, I am glad to see you unharmed." He said, gesturing to a seat adjacent to her. "May I sit?" He asked, the same kind hearted smile on his face as usual, yet his demeanor had steadily grown a bit harder and his presence in the Force had also significantly darkened.

@Ra'a'mah

Hearing the arrival of Adron, Ra stood up to greet her guest when he walked into the library. Same as it was before when they saw each other here years ago, it was still her favorite room in the castle. A true smile was on her face for him and when he asked if he could sit, she motioned to the chairs by the fire.

Taking the chair she called her own, she sat down and made herself comfortable.

"It is good to see you as well, Adron. Would you care for a drink or food?"

If he said yes, Vincent would provide what was needed and quietly leave the room.

"I'm not going to mince words with you and instead get right to the reason I asked you to come."

Sitting back, she let a small silence fall between them before speaking again. Her gold eyes locked with his blue and she hoped he would tell her the truth. While she wouldn't know if he lied or not, she did trust him to say what happened truthfully.

"Why and how am I even sitting here having this conversation with you? A week ago we were getting captured by the Empire."

[member="Adron Malvern"]

When given the option for refreshments Adron smiled and gave a curt nod to the servant. "Sapir tea?" He asked, causing the man to take his leave to retrieve the beverage. As Vincent made his way out the High Moff rolled his neck before arching a brow to Ra's question. He let off a soft exhale as his eyes went to the fire near their own place in the library.

"You- Rather....We are alive because a deal was made." He gestured to the uniform that he was adorned in. The black and grey fabric mixed with the metallic spauldron made for a rather impressive Imperial image. Oddly enough, the former Count of Serenno fitted the image well.

"The Grand Moff of the Galactic Empire offered me a deal. He would give me rank and title, enough to command an entire star system. In return I would swear my allegiance to the Empire. During this deal I commanded my men be treated fairly and returned home." The explanation was brief yet it covered the topic well.

"I did what I had to do." He stated, matter of factually.

@Ra'a'mah

Vincent returned with the tea for them both and left the room after serving them both. If Ra needed him again, he would respond with his usual speed. Being a few years older, he was getting slower. Still moving with the sureness of a servant familiar with his duties, he knew Ra wouldn't get rid of him just because he was getting old.

She listened to the brief answer given by Adron and nodded.

"What was the reason I wasn't included in the deal making process? Does the Empire know what roll I played within the Dominion?"

Figuring it unlikely, Ra was curious to know. If the Grand Moff had known, she didn't think he would have let her go so easily. She may not have been a leader but the knowledge she had could have been useful to him.

"I understand, Adron."

Ra didn't think of him any less for doing what he had to do, she had done it in the past herself.

"What are your future plans?"

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom