Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions relating to Law Enforcement

I've noticed, we don't really have a branch for law enforcement anywhere, the closest I could find is the supreme court.

So what I'd like to know is, if no ones running it, mind if I make a sort of...Republic Marshall's Office that handles the tracking down and punishment of crime? Within and without of the Republic's borders?

I don't want to run it myself, but I can have an NPC doing it, thoughts?

[member="Jack Law"]

Symara was part of CorSec prior to joining the Republic's Army. It's plausible we could work out some sort of Military Police as well as Republic Criminal Investigative Services, and other law enforcement agencies. I don't doubt that something like this actually exists.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Denon made a large police force as part of its revitalization efforts and Ayumi was working with Cath Lorr to bring it to the rest of the Republic planets. Still it could be a very fun time

We could simply have city police forces on all Republic planets, then a planetary administration that connects the city forces to the Republic government.

And in the government we would have a System Commissioner that represents the Republic for each planet.

The System Commissioner receives only the most interesting cases, or cases that span multiple systems.

We could slap on a quick British Police ranking system:

Planetary: Local
Constable
Sergent
Inspector

System: Republic
Superintendent
Commander
Commissioner

Bam, done.

[member="Jack Law"]

To the best of my knowledge GR has not had such a thing in about 2 years.

Occasionally the Army guys or maybe the Intel guys may do a little SpecOps around town.

If it is something you want to really flesh out then may i suggest doing a little IC work towards that end? You could come to Viktor about potentially funding such a Department and from there Championing a Republic wide implimentation.

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
[member="Jack Law"]

I refer you to research Sector Rangers on wookieepedia. Essentially exactly what you are looking for.

[member="Symara Tarriq"]
[member="Ali Hadrix"]
[member="Viktor Alexander"]

(Managed to get cell signal where I am at. Ninja skillz)

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Nah yeah it's doesn't necessarily require Senate action. Law enforcement is more of an executive function anyways. We the appropriations committee will likely at some point discuss it's budget perhaps but otherwise no. Maybe help with dev threads and stuff.

I certainly approve of this OOC to just go a head and have fun role-playing. Consider this though for dominions about setting up ranger stations depots along with whatever else. Try and stay away from anything bigger than Corvette or frigate for space ships as I would eexpect law enforcement to be using star fighters, freighters and Corvette primarily for patrol duties and response.

Certainly a lot of fun narratives such as working with perhaps Denon police in tracking down wanted criminals and such.

Tagging you [member="Jack Sparrow"] cause one of your ministers (I think the ministry of justice) would be the over sight for this sort of thing.

[member="Symara Tarriq"]
Why you certainly hit the juke box on that ;)

[member="Suravi Teigra"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
Tagging you lady's for the heads up on this. (I'm sitting atop a mountain so I have decent cell service right now!)

[member="Jack Law"] Cool idea, I like the concept of us having some law enforcement around. I see that there's already been a sign up page set up for it, so I'll organize the department under the Justice Ministry.

Also, High Noon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom