Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Questions regarding the timeline and understanding time in the chaos universe

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

I'm currently working on a believable backstory for my first character. And to do that I need to understand the time in which he grew up. I still don't quite understand how time works here. The timeline shows different posters for different time periods. So here are my questions:

1. How do I know in which year we currently are? Are we in 875 ABY, 876 ABY ... 880 ABY?

2. If I want to give my character a backstory, for example "refugee turned slave", how do I figure out which planets where under attack at which time? I know I can search for planets in the open RP forum, but the dates of threads and replies are real time, so I have no idea what happened when ingame.

3. If I want to base my backstory on a specific timeframe, like the civil war between the New Imperial Order and the Sith Empire between 867-874, how can I find out which planets were conquered in this time? The map doesn't show historical changes right? But there must be more information on how and when factions grew and took territory from others.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me understand the basics here. Really struggling with my backstory, since I can't seem to understand how to connect RP events to a specific year.

Thanks for helping. :)

R Rubedo
  1. It is currently 874ABY or thereabouts.
  2. That might be a bit more tricky. If you let us know the when we can source answers with the community to what was happening around that time. The timeline posters mention some events which happened in the intervening time.
  3. For that we should turn to the community and see what was happening then, though the 874 poster gives some ideas.

The main takeaway though is that the storyline for the board is a suggestion more than anything. You can stick as close or far from it as you like, so you don't need to worry too much about 'canon'.

R Rubedo
  1. It is currently 874ABY or thereabouts.
  2. That might be a bit more tricky. If you let us know the when we can source answers with the community to what was happening around that time. The timeline posters mention some events which happened in the intervening time.
  3. For that we should turn to the community and see what was happening then, though the 874 poster gives some ideas.

The main takeaway though is that the storyline for the board is a suggestion more than anything. You can stick as close or far from it as you like, so you don't need to worry too much about 'canon'.

Thanks.
It's good to know that the storyline is mostly a suggestion. But I really like being specific and include important player events into my backstory. It's mostly for the fun, in case I come across players who took part in it some day. So coming from a noname planet with no playerdriven backstory is a personal turn off for me.

For the general "when" I have to go into detail about my thoughts about my character creation. I'm not sure if this would stray too far from the theme of the thread since I opened it with very specific questions, but here it goes anyways.

My general idea is, having a force sensitive Togruta child. He was a war refugee (still variable since time frame is important for the age) and was caught and brought into slavery with his parents. At the start of the actual playtime I plan to have his age somewhere between 14 and 18, depending on the backstory. As origin planet I considered Kiros, but I only found 1 "Attack on Kiros" during 2019 by the Imperials and I don't know when this happened ingame. Which lead to my general problem with figuring out when stuff happened.
Actual playtime should start in hutt space. For this I considered Sleheyron as a planet, since slave trade is their economy. Since I've read somewhere that this planet was just taken by the Hutt Space Consortium, I thought the struggle on this planet would be a good reason why I could escape my former owner. Though I'm not sure if a Togruta might be too obvious to hide there. Anyways. The plan is to survive and hide some time in Hutt space. Living from disasembling droids (or speeder bikes and small ships, still unsure of that part) and selling old parts, since that would've been the work I did during enslavement. And then at some point leave the huttspace as a hidden passanger or something and become a Padawan.

It obviously comes with many more questions aside from date and origin, like "Can I even make up what's happening to my character on Sleheyron without intervening with something the hutt space consortium has planned for this planet?" or "Have they changed laws there, that somehow resulted in my character being freed instead of being pursued as a runaway slave?" etc.

But my main question for now, still remains... When my character is now somewhere between 14 and 18, which planet of origin and player-driven event war/attack/etc would be fitting, so he would've been in slavery for maybe 4-8 years?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
in service to the state
3. If I want to base my backstory on a specific timeframe, like the civil war between the New Imperial Order and the Sith Empire between 867-874, how can I find out which planets were conquered in this time? The map doesn't show historical changes right? But there must be more information on how and when factions grew and took territory from others.

Hey, welcome to the board!

We made a timeline that includes the New Imperial-Sith Empire war in it, you can find here. If you've got any questions, let me know!

But a tl dr on planets taken - start from Nirauan, go up the Braxant Run to Bastion, and then, uh pretty much everything to the right all the way to the current borders.

EDIT: The Civil War lasted from 858ABY until 866ABY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom