Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about being a Force User

Do you have to train before being able to use force powers, or can you just start a character already partially or even fully trained?

Also, are there any banned force powers? if so where can I find a list of them?

Thanks in advance :)

[member="Caseek Vadu"]

You may start at any rank you desire. And while there are no banned Force powers, trying to pull Star Destroyers out of orbit won't be good for making friends. Maintaining logical balance is key.

Welcome to SWRP!

I'll try to expand, rather than reiterating on what everyone else already said.

There are very few - if any - OOC restrictions on what powers you can use or how strong your FU can be. The staff leaves it up to players to police Force use, and we do this by choosing who we want to RP with and how seriously we take them. If you write a realistic, moderate Jedi with interesting flaws, you'll find people flocking to you and adoring your posts. If you throw star destroyers with your bain, summon up wormholes, or stop time, you'll find yourself running short on friends very quickly.

Training is a very good way to justify having a specific power, and can also make for an awesome RP on its own. It's also completely 100% optional. I never did a bit of training with Fabula, but my Niysha and Codi characters have both had basically nothing but training threads. It's up to how you want to do things.

[member="Caseek Vadu"] Nobody here has the right to tell you where your character should start, or be, on the 'Force spectrum'.

You can be a Padawan/Acolyte who has just discovered their Force power and wants to take a journey of learning and training with other characters so they can "develop" in RP, and also allowing you to discover more about them in the process.

Or you can start as a Master/Lord who has full understanding and power of the Force and can do so much like we see in the movies, but then it sometimes can be a "where do I go from here" scenario, but that won't stop you meeting new people and using your powers for good / evil and to help shape RPs with others.

As long as you don't pull planets out of the sky with a flick of your wrist or just split a Star Destroyer in two with the Force in one post, you will be ok. Just let your creativity run free but keep it as logical as you can and true to self, and you'll be ok.

Just like everyone has said really, and make sure to have fun with your character and enjoy yourself. That's the most important thing.

[member="Caseek Vadu"] Also please note that the admins of specific factions (not to be confused with site admins), or faction owners, may decide that they do not want you starting out as a master if you decide to join their organization. Communication is always best, but there is also the option to go with some random or even now defunct Force organization that never actually existed on the board until you came along, but, yes, again, even in that case communication is key. Talk to the people around you, take in information, seek out the best applications you can find, and ask what people did to acquire their capabilities in the Force.

Additionally, it can be an amazing experience to actually build up your character. It's what I plan to do with Ivlyn once I have made some progress in other areas, so that I don't stretch myself too far. So, good luck Caseek.

If you need anymore help, or have anymore questions, we're here for you.

Regards,

Arventum
Writer at SWRP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom