Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question regarding "Reboots"

Mordillah

Writer of Rann Thress and Benjen Moss (WIP)
This is more curiosity regarding how rebooting would work, if at all.

In the event of a story falling flat, being abandoned, or being written into a corner, what is the policy on "rebooting" that story? I reckon bigger plot threads like dominations or multi-character stories are less likely, but for a one-on-one story or an introductory post, is it possible to recycle an idea or even an entire post?

Mordillah

Okay so rebooting a character isn't frowned upon? I only ask because I'm quite sentimental regarding my characters and wouldn't want to have to scrap any origin stories if they don't get concluded for whatever reason.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Mordillah"] - 2 cents?

Do whatever you want. Whenever you want. For the craziest reason possible.

Let cho' freak flag fly. :D :p

[member="Mordillah"]

I dont see why not you cant reboot, but as mentioned above if you are writing with someone a heads up would be nice. If the cowriter has disappeared or was unintentionally dropped head first into tje Sarlac pit well as the saying goes victors write history.....

[member="Mordillah"]

follow-your-dreams.gif

Mordillah

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
[member="Daxton Bane"] Thank you guys for the input, it's very helpful!

I just wanted to know just in case. Personally when I'm on and ready to write I want to get going! Even though that defeats the purpose of Forum RPs. For instance, I saw someone who has a status that details their characters posting days and that peeves my pets. When I'm on I'm ready to go, and it kills me to have to wait.

[member="Mordillah"]

To be fair it maybe those are the times that person is free to write (especially if they are Staff or Work in real life). I personally try to keep by turn around to 24 hours or less unless as I mentioned Real Life happens.

Mordillah

[member="Daxton Bane"]

No yeah I totally get it. I just can't help but be anxious. Especially when I'm invested.

[member="Mordillah"]

Oh trust me I know the feeling. The way I got around this feeling was to work with as many writers as was reasonable so I always have something to come back to. Dont be afraid to float some story ideas out there, the worst they could do is saw no, right? Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom