Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question and discussion on grammar nazi's and similar jerks

Tellos

Ok so while I have yet to find it in this community I have noticed in many places people get hyper nal on writing styles and go to lengths to openly exclude people for it and be rude. My concern regarding this is would there be any recourse for those treated poorly by these people? I honestly worry only cause I'll be honest I'd sooner have such people banned on sight. Their not good players and well I'll be honest I am not being paid to write papers here for college or the military like I was back in the day. Is there a system in place to prevent this from forming cliques that try to shut or segment the site?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Nope.

You RP with people who are cool and avoid the people who ain't. Being a 'special snowflake' is not currently a ban-able offense. Lol. Naturally, the Report Button is there for abuse, harassment, sexual content, etc. However, since you mention this isn't actually an issue you've noticed here before? I think we're pretty well off as it is. No biggie. :D

[member="Tellos"]
Been here two years, haven't encountered an active grammar Nazi yet. We've had dyslexic founding members, we've got a lot of members who are still working on their English, and we as a community have had a lot of time to get used to some variance in grammar ability. If it ain't broke...

Tellos

Again nor have I but seems on the rise in other places I;ve been and I am concerned is all. To me dealing with those types who seem to think you need to write a term paper with perfect punctuation gets my goat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom