Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queens and Defiance

Unspecified space port
Aurum, Outer Rim
Kaalia rarely had a true reason to visit most of the, for her, new planets she went to. It simply was the way she had grown up back when she was just a child, travelling with her former Jedi master. Those days were long behind her, she had left him behind and embraced the Dark side fully many years ago, but some habits died hard. Travelling and exploring were among them. She was not here as a Lady of the Sith, however. That side of her, the one that carried the name Darth Avacyn, only surfaced when the situation called for it. In all other scenarios she was simply Kaalia Voldaren. The fact she did not necessarily waved around the fact she was a Sith Lady however did not mean she would actively hide it, either. Not an ounce of her Dark presence in the Force was hidden, open for those sensitive in the Force to take in.

The redhead looked dangerous yet innocent on the outside, the scar that decorated her left eye a warning but her facial expression was friendly, telling the people reading her face she was not looking for any direct conflict. Such was her way of life; leave her in peace and she would return the favor. It was unlike many Sith, but that only fuelled the reason she was given the title of Lady of Defiance. Kaalia did things her own way, she had always done so.

The boarding ramp of the vessel lowered with a hiss, leaving emerald eyes to observe the hangar it landed in. She wore a jacket that was a product of the company she had participated in setting up and running, although she wore it for style reasons over its use. It was complimented by dark blue pants and a pair of black boots, her red hair flowing loose as she walked down the ramp.

The woman was not sure what she would find on the planet of Aurum. All she knew was that it was being rebuilt, which was enough to spark her curiosity. After paying the docking fee and getting the hangar crew to refuel her ship for her trip back she made her way out of the hangar into the main area of the space port, wondering where to go next. Wherever the wind takes me, she thought to herself.

[member="Kära Hearthfire"]

Ruins of Azar
Aurum
Where once a sprawling City had laid, now only ruins remained, brought about by the Vong horde and their chaotic ways; Aurum had posed no threat to them, there had been no benefit to the glassing, yet they had done so all the same.

Her return to this planet had not been heralded, or spectacular, for the most part. A small host of Togorians who had hidden themselves within the lower district had come to the aid of their White Queen, the woman who had been promised to them, who they had waited for the return of, but they were pitiful by this point. Remnants of their former selves.

Life was spread thin here, though the world had done its best to repair itself from the trauma it had faced. Vines crawled the once pure white buildings, weeds pushed through cracks in the pavement, and animals roamed the streets. But sentient life? Beyond the Togorians she had yet to find any others, though there were rumours of a small dwelling to the west. She hadn't the time to check those rumours out, though.

It broke her heart to see this world, the world she had done her best to build up, so broken. Yet it was not alone, she was not alone, others had come to its aid, men and women whom she owed a sincere debt of gratitude. The Je'daii Order had been working tirelessly, they had set up rehab tents, brought provisions for the Togorians, provided health checks, and had begun to clear the rubble. Kära had never thought she'd affiliate herself with such people, and truth be told she wasn't about to join their ranks, but their assistance had been invaluable.

In return for their efforts she had gifted them an old ship from her days with Rahvin Industries, one of a kind search and rescue type vessel. It was more use to them than her.

Today things were moving... Slowly. The weather hadn't been the best, with a tropical storm brewing on the horizon, yet the streets had been cleared and efforts to rebuild were in full swing. Just not as quickly as she hoped for. These days she did not have an army of slaves at her back, she did not have her Bladeborn or her fleet, her resources were scarce, but she hoped in time to rectify such. Right now she was Queen of the Ashes, she did not plan on that lasting very long at all.

"Look, my sweet child" she whispered, as she walked through the main street with young Theryn in her arms, for what mother would abandon a child who could not fend for himself, "It is not Midvinter, but it will be your home just as much as the snow in time."

Her heart ached, longing for [member='Thyrian Hearthfire'] and Thrand... Her older boy was in good hands, however, between her husband and the Lord of Valsten he would be taught to govern, to fight, his place was among those he was destined to lead. It did not stop her from missing her Sun Prince all the same.

But she could not leave Aurum in its dire state. It had already suffered for so long without her knowledge.

The Spaceport had been somewhat rebuilt, it was in truth one of the first areas to be focused upon being that ships arrived constantly with resources from both Kära's own funds as well as the Je'daii's relief team, and security was relatively high. Which is why the arrival of a stranger that didn't have true business here was brought to her attention.

Your Grace, an unknown ship docked in the spaceport. We have eyes on the Captain...

The voice which rang in her ear made her frown for but a moment. While strangers were not forbidden, they were rare indeed. Aurum was a world in the very back of the Galaxy, it barely warranted attention at all.

"Understood, I'll see to it."

Kissing the top of her child's head, she turned and began to venture down toward the spaceport... Curious as to who it was she was about to meet.

[member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

As Kaalia walked through the main hall, she was approached by someone she assumed worked here. She gave the man a smile and a nod as she greeted him, curious as to why he needed to speak to her. "Good day. Is there anything the matter?" Her tone was polite and cooperative, knowing it was likely an oddity to receive visitors. "The queen of Aurum would like to speak to you. She is currently underway to the spaceport, we would like to ask you if you could wait here for her to arrive," he answered in a similar tone. The redhead was not entirely sure what to expect, but there was no reason to refuse. She ruled the planet and being in good graces with her would only be a good thing. "But of course. I am not sure what warrants the queen's attention, but who am I to refuse? I don't really have anything time-sensitive planned, so there is no reason to either. I did not break the law, did I?" At the end of the sentence she chuckled, certain she had not done anything wrong. There had been no reason to yet. "No need to worry, it is just a meeting."

The two parted ways and Kaalia went to take a seat. As she sat down she looked around, but not many people were here. It was to be expected of a planet that was in ruins like this one, but the efforts to rebuild were admirable. She still wondered why one of the most important people on the planet would want to speak with her, but she did not question it. She would be able to ask the young Sith Lady anything and she would answer. She was a guest here, after all.

It did not take her long to reach the spaceport, after all there was only so much of the City that was safe enough to walk through and they happened to be within the same district. It made sense to branch out from a focal point, somewhere they could establish a core base.

A few ships were coming and going as she neared. Carrying supplies, refreshing the troops, the spaceport was the main hub of activity, but as ever strangers were an odd sight here. Her son fussed in her arms, goading a quiet shush from his mother who soothed away his upset. Thrand had been such a strong boy, able to hold his head up by this point, never one to fuss yet always babbling. Theryn was quite the contrast, a sickly little boy whom she refused to leave out of her sights for too long.

Once he was nestled back against her she entered the atrium and turned her sights to the woman who had been pulled to one side. While Kära hadn't expressly asked for such she was grateful that the attendant had tried to make things easier for all involved.

"Greetings," she said upon her approach, with a gentle smile. Long ago she did not know how to smile, nor how to talk so idly, yet Midvinter had helped her in many regards, and her King had opened her up to more efficient methods of socialization. "My name is Kära Hearthfire, might I know who you are?"

If this woman was here with a purpose, then perhaps she could expedite it. No sense in having someone wandering aimlessly through streets with broken buildings after all.

When the woman approached her, Kaalia quickly concluded from the way she directly walked her way that she was the one who wished to speak to her. Quickly noticing the child in her arms she took in the one who had wished to meet her, from the pale skin and pure white hair color to her height. The one she was told to be the queen of Aurum also seemed good bit old than her. They were only outward assessments however, and the best way to understand somebody was to converse.

Still very much curious to the reason she was asked to meet someone of importance on this planet Kaalia got off her seat and took a few steps towards the one who would introduce herself as Kära Hearthfire and bowed slightly before returning the smile. "Greetings," the Kro Varian replied. "I am Kaalia Voldaren, it is an honor to meet you." Meeting royalty she had never done, but at the very least she knew how to be polite and respectful. "Who may the little one be?" she then asked as she smiled warmly at him before returning her attention to Kära. "I cannot say I expected to meet with nobility, I would have reconsidered my apparel. In any case, what may the reason be for this meeting?"

"I know there is not much to see at this moment, but perhaps we could take a walk while we talk. I heard about the reconstruction efforts and became curious to the progress. The explorer in me simply could not resist." Perhaps Kära could show Kaalia the few places worth seeing while things were being rebuilt, but in general she wanted to get moving.

(OOC note)
Sorry for the short post and the amount of time it took to get it out. My personal life has been extremely turbulent which slowed my posting down significantly.

"Kaalia, a pleasure. Forgive the odd reception, we are not used to seeing offworlders; Aurum is so far removed from the Galaxy, and its dire state makes it less agreeable to most. This is Theryn." The latter she added as almost an after thought. She wasn't used to people asking after her son, mostly because he was never really on show when she tended to official business.

Gesturing with her hand toward the entrance of the spaceport, she began to venture out into the open expanse of the City. It was still a sight for sore eyes, with half-destroyed buildings supported with scaffolding, and men and women bustling to fix it. Thankfully most of the natives had been tended to by this point, though there remained medical stations at random intervals for those still suffering from one malady or another.

"Truthfully, I did not want you wandering aimlessly around a construction site. If you are here with a purpose, why make you flail in carrying it out? Aurum was once a beauty to behold, especially this City, and I hope that it will one day return to its former glory. For now, I'm afraid there's very little to see. A few prefabs, encampments on the edge of the City itself to house the natives who lost their homes. Why are you here, Miss Voldaren?"

Kaalia nodded and smiled at Theryn for a moment before following Kära out of the spaceport. The sight of the city was very much what she expected it to be, yet she still seemed intrigued by what unfolded around them. People hard at work reconstructing buildings were everywhere she looked and for a little while she simply tilted her head from left to right to take in as much of the what most would say a sore sight.

Kära spoke about Aurum and the redhead nodded along, signifying she was indeed listening. The question that came after made her smile a little. "I did not come here to look at architecture or nature. Of course it would have been a sight and I am saddened to see what happened but places like this have their own beauty, despite the malady, if you look deeper." Coming to a standstill she turned towards a building surrounded by scaffolding, men and women hard at work to repair it. "Look at the workers up there. They went through so much. The destruction of their home, a high chance they lost friends and family. Enough pain to cause many people to simply give up. But not them." Her attention went back to Kära. "Yet, despite all adversity, they have the strength to get up and rebuild. Instead of giving up they take what has happened to them and use it to strengthen themselves. They take the future into their own hands and work as hard as they can to be able to call Aurum home again."

In ways, it was how Kaalia looked at the way of the Sith. Overcoming adversity and becoming stronger for it. Conflict bettered oneself and although she was one of the few Sith in the galaxy that would not turn to this level of widespread destruction, she could not deny that the ones who survived such events would grow from it. "That resolve deserves recognition and respect. I admire all these people here. You should be honored to be their queen, but I am confident you are." Once again she went to look at the people working to reconstruct the building. "Seeing tha with your own eyes is inspiring, and that is why I came here. I came here for inspiration."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom