Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queen

Who here likes / loves Queen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_(band)

John Deacon, Freddie Mercury, Brian May and Roger Taylor.

15 albums between 1972 and 1995, not including their live music and singles.

I got into Queen back in 1999 aged after a mix of 'Waynes World' and a chance viewing of some Queen music videos on TV. I was hooked. But it's only recently I've had the gall to call myself a proper fan now as I've downloaded and finally listened to all their songs, not just the greatest hits.

It's now I see the creative genius of these four singer/song-writers/performers and the way they were brave to channel glam-rock, soul, funk, disco, soft rock and pop into a legacy that has them at the forefront of British music.

Just want to appreciate this fine band, and would love to hear your own favourite songs / videos and memories of the band.

Currently? The albums that are sticking out to me are 'Hot Space', 'A Kind Of Magic' and 'Innuendo' with 'Wembley 86' their live peak.

giphy.gif

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I grew up listening to the likes of Queen at an early age. Having rocker parents, their albums were always playing on our road trips, most especially "The Game". I know so many by heart, it's crazy. So yeah...my love for them started in the early 80's :)

[member="Theodosius Organa"] 'POTU' is an awesome level of rock, and certainly got me interested in watching 'Highlander'. I can't remember much of that film bar the soundtrack and Sean Connery, but still...

This is one of my favourite videos; it's just so Queen of them all to think "Hey, let's make a music video on a moving stream train!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZs2NqUIGmY

I do believe you and I had this chat already, Connor. Love the theme you have going with their song titles. Actually went through and found an old forum where I belonged where I started a similar thread back in 2004.

Had a group of friends where we each had a song that applied to us. Usually based off our personality or outlook on things. Now I just spent the last few hours searching for that list and found the post I made 14 years ago. lol

"I have a list of songs that apply to my friends. Fat Bottomed Gilrs, Killer Queen, The Game, Now I'm Here, Don't Stop Me Now, Somebody to Love, Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy and Sever Seas of Rhye. I think that last one is the best. Then again that is my song."

My daughters also had songs of their own. I Want It All and The Miracle.

Not too long ago, they were in town here, but I was unable to go to the concert.

This is one of my favourite live performances - it has it all. The iconic interaction between Freddie and the crowd, some improvised riffing and a funky as hell sound!

Love it - and also love Fredde's face when Roger beats him counting the song in. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnCgN4knr0Y

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom