Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech QQ-M4T-5U "Scanpack" Scanner Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
480px-Versafunction88_Datapad.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Versafunction88_datapad

Intent: To create a personal scanner suitable for medical and scientific emergencies
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Silk Holdings
Model: QQ-M4T-5U Scanning Droid Unit
Affiliation: Levantine Sanctum
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Desh-terenthium frame (very light and strong), duraplast casing, glasteel screen, circuitry
Description: The Scanpack is a multifunction military-grade combination of several types of personal scanner and a simple analysis droid. Basic decrypt capacity allows it to understand transmissions up to, but not including, military-grade encryption. The simple droid brain can hold sixteen forms of communication, and link with portable commlinks. The Scanpack incorporates a variety of sensor types in order to keep multirole expeditions from having to carry a number of different scanners. As a result, its circuitry is dense, and the basic Class 1 droid brain is required to amalgamate the sensor functions and data received. A pressure- and water-sealed duraplast casing is required to keep the complex circuitry safe from impact and environmental hazards. In a pinch, the durable Scanpack can be used as an impromptu melee weapon in the Mistryl tradition, but is generally not considered combat-capable in any way. A small medical scanner pod comes with the Scanpack, allowing for close-range examination. The pod is detachable; it is generally held close to a patient's body and used to locate trauma or recognize infection or poison (though it cannot determine what bacterium, virus, or poison was used; that requires medical knowledge and probably further testing)/ Design aesthetic was heavily influenced by the ancient Versafunction88 datapad, though the Scanpack lacks entertainment functions. The Scanpack is expensive; generally only one or two members of a good-sized team will carry one.

Classification: First Degree
Weight: 1kg

Height: 0.15m
Movement: Handheld
Armaments: None
Misc. Equipment:

Advanced portable scanner sensors-

@[member="Boolon Murr"]
I like this, and I'm close to passing this through. My only hesitance is that it's got so many functions and all of them have a really long range, combining a half dozen devices together as well into one unit, all for 1kg.

With this in mind, I'd ask you reduce the ranges of each of the items by half. I accept it can do them all, but not as well as a device specifically for that purpose.

Also what does:
Basic medical scanner pod (range 0.25m)
Mean?

@mention me when ready.

@[member="Boolon Murr"] Looking good. One thing I forgot to mention was the emergency repulsorlift seems a bit of an odd feature. For the sake of weight I think that's best removed.

Do that and this will be approved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom