Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Qaeth Idos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Qaeth Idos, Qaeth, or simply 'Q'

Loyalty: Qaeth is fiercely loyal to Ke'Cholo (my main character)

Role: Co-Pilot and trusted friend

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78541-cortosis-for-q/

Species: Mon Calamari Cyborg

Force Sensitivity: Not

Appearance: Qaeth was poisoned in an assassination attempt, in an attempt to stop the spread of the lethal concoction, doctors amputated one of his arms and both of his legs. Qaeth (being a wealthy banker allied with the Techno Union) funded 3 and a half years of research, development, and construction, of a new cyborg body. Qaeth's new body resembles that of General Greivous (who he was fascinated with) only it's made out of cortosis. His entire body and 4 vibro swords are covered by a large tan cloak in environments where attention is not needed. On most combat missions he wears nothing. Design based off 'Karbin' the story is my own of course.

Personality: Quiet, Intelligent, Calculated, Cunning.

Weapon of Choice: His 4 custom Vibro Swords gifted to him by his Besalisk master.

Wealth: Qaeth was a former banker for the Techno Union and had a considerable amount of wealth. All of the wealth was lost to the scientists, engineers, and doctors who researched, developed, and built Qaeth's new body. He now has a considerable amount of debt and little to no credits to his name.

Combat Function: Qaeth was trained by a Besalisk swordsman in the art of fighting with four swords. Qaeth completed his training after 4 years graduating at a skill level level rivaling that of a Jedi Master. Qaeth's re-enforced body allows him to rush to his opponent and start a flurry of overwhelming attacks. Qaeth has no ranged power other than the ability to throw his swords. Qaeth also has the ability to tank two ion grenades due to ion dampeners installed behind his organ sack.
Skills: Qaeth is highly skilled with four blades, rivaling Jedi Masters. Fluent in Basic, Talz, Geonosian and Hutteese

Notable Possessions:

Sith Maps of Korriban: Bought before the assassination attempt, Qaeth hid these maps from his debtors finding their value to be more than any amount of credits could compensate for.

Four custom Vibro Swords: A gift from his Besalisk master, Qaeth uses them in combat to cut down his enemies.
Intent: To have a cool co-pilot and combat aid for Ke'Cholo

Other Notes: Qaeth Idos was born to a wealthy father who was a head engineer in the Techno Union's starship development program and a mother who was a nurse at a local hospital. Using his father's connections Qaeth would climb the chain of command at the Techno Union until he was finally a head banker with the Union. Infuriated with his success, his rival Ihuk Yevt would poison a drink and present it to Qaeth at a meeting the two were both present at. Qaeth drank from the lethal concoction and immediately went into shock. Doctors arrived soon and took him to a nearby hospital (the same his mother worked at) the poison had spread to both his legs and one of his arms. Amputating all but one of his limbs, doctors managed to save him. Over the next several years Qaeth would fund research, development, and construction of a new body. This new body resembled that of General Grievous who Qaeth had read about. After this new body was built, Qaeth's other arm was amputated in order for his body to be modified into an organ sack which would slide into the cavity of the torso. Upon completion Qaeth sought out a young bounty hunter he had given a few small jobs to before his near death experience. Convincing him to join his crew, Ke'Cholo offered the job of co-pilot to Qaeth. Qaeth spent the next four years doing odd jobs with Ke'Cholo and training with his Besalisk master.

[member=@Ke'Cholo]

Hello, and welcome to Codex! I'll be your judge on this one.

First off, to make this easier to read, could you either add space between each category or mark them in bold?

Please do not deviate from the template. "Other Notes" is missing. Consider this to be your NPC's history. Please include this. If you could manage a paragraph here, that would be great.

Ke'Cholo said:
Force Sensitivity: I searched Wookieepedia to find if someone needed organic limbs to use the force but came up with nothing. If he could use telekinetic powers then he is, if no then he's not.
You can still be Force Sensitive without limbs, but it's in some cases been noted to reduce overall power. As you've written that he only had one arm amputated, I assume he still keeps his last one? In which case I don't see this as a problem. If he is FU, I will need you to name the rank (Apprentice - Knight - Master). Note that Master-tier NPCs will require a dev thread.

Ke'Cholo said:
Qaeth's new body resembles that of General Greivous (who he was fascinated with) only it's made out of a corotosis and mandolorian iron alloy.
Cortosis and Mandalorian iron (beskar) are both restricted items. I will need to see a dev thread for each. More info on dev thread requirements for restricted material can be found here. Either produce the appropriate dev threads or use a different material.

Ke'Cholo said:
Sith documents: Qaeth bought many Sith documents before the assassination attempt on him. Finding them more valuable in knowledge than any amount of credits could compensate for, he hid them from his debtors. Four custom Vibro Swords: A gift from his Besalisk master, Qaeth uses them in combat to cut down his enemies.
I will need you to be more specific when referring to the Sith documents here. What sort of knowledge do these contain? Note that this may require a dev thread.

Ke'Cholo said:
Skills: Qaeth is highly skilled with four blades, rivaling Jedi Masters and even Grievous himself. Fluent in Basic, Talz, Geonosian and Hutteese
I also want to note that you would do well to temper your expectations. Do not expect NPCs to win fights for you. The way things generally work is that PCs trumps NPC.

Since the timeline of Chaos takes place waaay after the clone wars, Grievous plays no part in our current setting. Any comparison on skill is purely speculation, and holds little relevance. Either remove it or adjust it to something more vague to reflect this.

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Mostly done.
Is there any way I can keep the cortosis and beskar? Remind you the events surrounding the construction of his new body happened over 16 years ago from current time. I don't know how relevant putting up threads about that would be, I felt like I gave a very sufficient answer as to how he was able to fund all the research, development, and construction (his wealth) while not making him too OP (the glaring weakness of his organic head and his lack of credits)

@Ke'Cholo

Grand! I'm on my way out now, but I will look over it tomorrow.

My request for the dev threads on the restricted materials still stand. They're restricted for a reason, and I won't be making any exceptions. If timeframe is a concern, you could set the thread to occur in the past. You're the master of your own timelines.

Further, using beskar will require one thread to acquire it and another to work it (unless you're Mandalorian). Personally, I would recommend you just stick with one material to make the process easier on yourself.

@Ke'Cholo

Apologies for taking some time to get back to you. A computer virus took me out of action. The edits look good.

A few clarifications on the dev thread: The thread you tagged me in sadly does not qualify. I will need to see the dev thread containing at least 10 posts. You can solo it or bring someone along, up to you. Further, it should be in "Open Role-Playing" and not "Private Role-Playing". The planet should be specified, your options follows in the quote below. In case you were wondering which Major Faction controls the different planets and where they are located, here is the map. Source.

If you have any questions, let me know. If not tag me when you have finished the dev thread.

Cortosis(( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain cortosis ore from any of the following planets: Apatros, Obredaan, Katanos VII, Duro, Bal’demnic, Gallos, Conglomerate Prime, Bespin, Umphathia –OR—suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of a Force User Character written by another writer. ))
III. Objectives which require you to visit a planet located within the Influence Cloud of a Major Faction may only be completed in Non-Private threads.

@Ke'Cholo

Great! While you work on the dev thread I'll put this up for archival. You may request to have it retrieved whenever the dev thread is finished and you're ready to have this judged. PM either [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Lorelei Darke"] to have it retrieved.

Archival pending

[member="KeCholo"]

Your dev thread needs more beef. Simply put; some of your posts are just too short. You can either compensate by adding more posts--at least five more--or add more content to the posts that are lacking. Those posts are 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom