Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Purifying Light | The Knights Obsidian

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
I L L U M I N A T E
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: @Kff Brayde | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Josiah Josiah | Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Luca Ioneşti | Kipp Lansen | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Beric greeted the lupine with the offer of the best ale he had to offer. Gerwald let a smile tug at the corner of his lips, but held his own reservations. Not one place had been able to rival the taste of home, and Stewjon brews were deeply missed by the lupine. For a brief time he had been able to enjoy them once more, but his ascension to Lord Commander pulled him away to Naboo where it was fancy wines and drinks which were barely passable as liquor.

The greeting had been interrupted by the sound of a cane tapping on the cobblestone ground. Gerwald looked over his shoulder to find the elder Denko walking to greet them. A brief memory came to life in Gerwald’s mind as the man had warned him to put his desire for revenge aside. The light sider had warned Gerwald pursuing the revenge he sought would only lead to a path of pain and destruction.

If only he had listened.

The torture Gerwald expereinced at the hands of Darth Prazutis could have been avoided had the lupine simply listened to his elders. Returning, and having lived, saw Gerwald elevated to the rank of Master, but he knew that had been an undeserved title. Every ascension Gerwald made among the ranks always seemed undeserved, something that occurred long before he was ready for it.

A nod was given.

“Master Denko, it has been some time.”

Gerwald knew little else of what to say, nor would he have the chance. It seemed that Beric’s apprentice Millu Lee Millu Lee wanted a quick moment to make her introduction, but also informed him that she would return shortly.

The wolf chuckled as he motioned for her to be off.

“See to it then, child,” he said before turning his eyes to the Lord Marshall. “With that amount of energy, I am certain she keeps you on your toes. You are one of few that have a squire after the events that saw our numbers decimated, tell me, do you enjoy teaching?”

Hansel Aulin

H
Tags: Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il | Kipp Lansen | Josiah Josiah | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Luca Ioneşti | Anyone I may have miss my appologies

Hansel watched as nearly everyone in the room ignored his existence except Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il the sith pure blood. The guy quipped back to Hansels comment about him, which made Hansel smirk. For an Ugo he had a sense of humor and that, that Hansel could respect. It almost made Hansel feel a tinge of guilt or he would have if woman he winked at mom3ents bumped into him. At first, he thought maybe she was going to flirt back instead she scolded him for teasing the Pure blood.

Millu Lee Millu Lee quickly walked away from him straight for Raz. Hansel was about to say something but heard her say. “I don't even know why he's here.” He scanned the room again and asked himself that question what the hell was he even doing here. He was told by some old friends that the obsidian knights was a home for force users, those force users without a true place to fit in the galaxy. A place where he might rest his weary head.

He was an abrasive dick and cocky chithead but that came with time. That came with his need to survive At all costs the last of his species as far as he knew and definitely the last person left alive in his family. He had been old enough to remember the genocide of his species by the Witches of Dathomir. He and his sister taken in as exotic trophies to be displayed and played with. Yet he persisted even after he saw his sister taken from him. He lived on the last of Jacipri and the last person to be trained in the art hunting witches.

He looked at the room and all the little groups and circles that formed. He realized then, other than Cord Starfall Cord Starfall his sister master and mother figure and Stacy Nairne Stacy Nairne Cord’s wife everyone Hansel knew was gone. He no longer had the one of those little groups of his own, that understood him. He looked at that sith Raz and the girl Millu one more time before he poured himself one more drink and knocked it back.

He reached into his jacket and pulled out what ever credits he had and set them down on the table he was near. “For the booze and disturbing the house.” He said his tone clearly taken back from how loud it had been earlier. He then sent a mental message to Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il . “My apologies.”

Just as soon as he walked in it seemed Hansel was already on his way-out hearing Luca Ioneşti mentioning a technique to stay warm. Hansel internally smirk to himself Tapas why hadn’t he thought of that. Well at least his next journey wouldn’t be as cold wherever that led him maybe somewhere out there. There was a home for him. His job as a Obsidian knight didn’t even last a whole day, probably wouldn’t let him cash in vacation hours then.

Kipp Lansen

K
Kipp made his way past Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic in the natural assumption she could not hear his words of curiosity through her headphones. He knew she meant no harm..however she didn't know him. That he was sure of. Come to think of it..no one did. That was ok for Kipp. He was content with being a mystery..under the radar of most individuals scope of interest. He scanned the room once more and observed the entry of other jedi. Being a Knight...What exactly did it mean? Defending peace..and justice..Sure..But what did it mean for him personally? Especially to become something within the order of Knights that held value in the presence of others? He knew not..But hopefully he would soon..As he is always absorbing information.

Tag: Luca Ioneşti Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il Josiah Josiah Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren Axile Volzap Axile Volzap Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn Millu Lee Millu Lee Cord Starfall Cord Starfall

It was the possibility that Axile had performed the longest, "I need to go to the bathroom," excuse in history. He had been in there for a long time. Not performing the usual the manoeuvres or performing the usual actions that could be associated when one enters a bathroom, and closes the door behind them. Perhaps it was the boredom of standing there, or the hope that Josiah Josiah had finished his spark trick which felt like a Force Light.

In comical fashion the Nabooian popped his head around the corner to peep at the assembled group of Obsidian Knights. His eyes on the Jedi Master.

uJvYEd4.gif

TealSky.gif

TAG: Beric Layne Beric Layne | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Luca Ioneşti | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il | Josiah Josiah | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Kipp Lansen | Cord Starfall Cord Starfall | And anyone else
Wearing: [xXx]

It was never something that Eenia failed to notice when these sorts of gatherings would take place. Most commonly, people to stuck to those they were familiar with, or at least recognized. It was natural, it happened in ever social circle, and even Nia was guilty of this very thing. However, in these circumstances, this circumstance in particular, there was no one she even really comfortably recognized much less knew.

Or, so she had thought.

Familiarity appeared in a single frame, and the blonde smiled. While those around seemed to find their own groupings, Eenia made her way towards Luca Ioneşti and his companion, just a touch more confident in her stride than when she had originally stepped foot on the premises. "Luca," she spoke out once she was close enough to do so. It had been a while since Nia had seen him, but the same could be said for anyone who had ever come into her life. She had become busy, focused with training, and more or less away from the outside world (by choice most of the time) unless she was needed somewhere.

After all, despite the progress she had made thus far, there was still so much more for her to learn and at least try to master.

"It's good to see you," she continued her greeting, and offered a warm expression to Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren as well. "And it's also good to see that I may not have to go through this thing entirely by myself." Was it presumptuous? Not particularly, he was free to tell her to kick rocks after all. Hopeful that she wouldn't have to endure this night fending for herself? Well, naturally. "Do either of you know why we're here?" At least now she had someone to ask, even if they didn't have any more information about this gathering than Eenia herself did.

glitz.png

bericnongif.png

F R O S T H A L L

Tag: Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Kipp Lansen | Josiah Josiah | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Luca Ioneşti | Hansel Aulin

The guests filtered further inside, the warm food both plentiful and inviting. They were few in number -- pitifully few, when in comparison to their former strength. To say that the Cataclysm had been a tragedy would be an understatement. Beric had been there. He had been there at Monastery. To watch, helpless, as Knights, Squires, as Children who had been entrusted into the care of the Knights Obsidian to foster and raise them were murdered, warped into monsters and abominations. When soulfire had attempted to consume the entire planet, spewing from the artifact as the demons of the Netherworld were unleashed unto the physical plane, it had been all he could do to contain it to the temple grounds only.

To watch all the suffering. . . to know that had he been stronger? Had he the knowledge to counter such a force of potent dark, that he could've saved them all? It was a void that ate away at his very soul. He didn't let it show. Not to the leal men under his banner as Lord of Frosthall. Not to his fellow Masters and Knights in the Knights Obsidian. Not to Raina. Not even to Millu.

But he was aware of what such feelings led to, the dark path that should he let his failures overwhelm him, he would likely tread. He would not succumb to his guilt, his pain, his hidden anguish. To do so would be beneath him, a failure of mission and mandate. He was a Lord of Obsidian. He was the Lord of Frosthall. When blowing against a wall, the Winter Winds did not relent, they did not wallow in failure. They simply persisted.

Much of his time as of late had been spent deep in the archives and records of Frosthall. Before the Cataclysm, he had rarely visited them. He had always a sense of humility, sure, but there had also been an arrogance about him. He was a master of the elements. The Winds of Vandor may not bow before any mountain or man-laid stone, but he alone controlled them. And for his life that had been more than enough. But the Cataclysm had opened his eyes to the arrogance that had blinded him. He may be the Master of his Apprentice, but he was still very much a Student himself. And so while Millu had been off, enjoying an unusual but not unwelcome reprieve from the rigors of training, Beric had engrossed himself in his own studies.

It had only been a week ago that he'd come across an old datacron, dusted and dated back to before the Centuries of Darkness. A datacron penned by none other than Berr Layne, Beric's ancestral progenitor, the self-exiled Jedi Master who had left the Order to discover more deeply the Force and the Light. Many secrets had been laid down in the datacron, and he had yet to decrypt many of them. But one such secret had caught his eye, a secret that opened up the wound that was his guilt of failure at Monastery. But it was not a reminder -- no, it was a key to the pathway that perhaps would prevent another catastrophe.

The technique was called Purifying Light.

". . . Tell me, do you enjoy teaching?"

The Lord Commander's question snapped Beric out of his stupor, and he recollected his thoughts as he looked at the Lupine, his elder and leader. He paused for a moment, thinking of how to articulate an answer, before carefully choosing his words. "The role of teacher was not one that I anticipated, nor one that I take lightly." His eyes drifted off from the Lord Commander to Millu, in the small throng of Knights Obsidian. "She is challenging. Headstrong. Yet I fear that I do not tell her how proud of her I have become. She will be a great Knight, and Lord after that." His ice-blue eyes turned back to the Lord Commander. "My apologies, Sire," he said. "I do not wish to keep my guests waiting any further."

His fur cloak billowed out behind him as he strode from the entrance hall into the Grand Hall. He moved with calm, but there was a sense of purpose underlying each step. Reaching the dais that normally the Lord of Frosthall and his selected few dined at, he stopped, turned, and faced the crowd of new and old Lotus. He surveyed them all. They were few, yes. But even the largest of fires started only from a spark.

"Two brothers are crossing a river," he began, addressing the crowd with a parable that his father had told him, and whose father had told him, once he had appropriately gathered their attention. His hands rested on his hips, the massive Vandorian fur cloak draping over his shoulders and doubling the size of his frame. He looked around the room, letting the silence permeate for several moments before continuing. "They must cross to continue on their way. The first of the brothers declares that he will fight the river, make it bend and break, and let him cross. The other brother seeks a different path, and instead decides to join the river's current and let it carry him to the other side. What becomes of each brother?"

Teyla was about to answer Luca, but she paused mid-breath and craned her neck to look up at the approaching woman, a smile warming her lips before proceeding to unfold her slender legs and slide aside, making room for her on the bench. “I assume we’re about to find out,” she gave, arching a sculpted brow and patting the spot next to her as an invitation for the blonde to join them.

Eenia, like most of her peers that remained after the Cataclysm, was little more than an acquaintance. She knew her name, recognized her face, but only knew sparse details of her story.

Hopefully that would change sooner, rather than later… but there was hardly time for that right now. Luca would have to give her that Tapas lesson some time later. Like everyone else, her attention was drawn to the middle of the room, eyes landing on their gracious host who began to address them, a hush fell over all of those who’d gathered.

Beric Layne said:
"Two brothers are crossing a river, they must cross to continue on their way. The first of the brothers declares that he will fight the river, make it bend and break, and let him cross. The other brother seeks a different path, and instead decides to join the river's current and let it carry him to the other side. What becomes of each brother?"

At first she refrained from answering, but when no one else spoke up, she parted her lips.

“They used different methods, but both brothers will make it to the other side… each with varying degrees of results.”

Tag: Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Kipp Lansen | Josiah Josiah | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Luca Ioneşti | Hansel Aulin

Last edited:
Like Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren he had waited for others to talk, and when she had finally given Beric Layne Beric Layne a response, he listened intently. It was clearly a metaphor of some kind. He considered Teyla's answer carefully whilst waiting for others to also contribute their answers, but when silence once again fell over the amassed Obisidian Knights, Axile emerged from the corner he had been standing in, and also contributed his own thoughts.

"I don't think that is true, Ms Ee'everwest. It has been experience that if you let things flow and let that flow take you to it's course that you won't necessarily reach where you want to go." He turned to Beric. "I would jump over the river, and if the distance was too far, I would find another way around, or over it."

Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Kipp Lansen Josiah Josiah Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn Millu Lee Millu Lee Luca Ioneşti Hansel Aulin

Luca Ioneşti

L
Cursory glances, continued conversation amongst the impromptu cliques gave him all the answer he needed: not right now, though he was certain his own student would welcome the instruction later. He would have just sat right back down if not for the sudden appearance of a relatively new friend, only relatively new due to the scarcity of her company and general lack of communication in the... year? or so since their initial acquaintance, but that was just as much his fault, but moreso the turmoil of that very year, particularly in the past handful of months. He smiled a slight smile, despite the general state of his mind and mood, glad for the presence of a friend of common grounds, beyond the obvious that brought them all here... but he was not entirely the same as he was back then. Truth be told, the same could be said for all of them.

"Nia..." he responded, her speaking of his name drawing his attention more distinctly, "...it's good to see you, too."

His student was quick to answer her questions, and he had nothing further to add. When Teyla scooted over, he shuffled in the opposite direction, making space for the blonde to sit between them, with a welcoming, open-handed gesture to the space, before reseating himself as the Lord of Frosthall started to address them all with a parable that he himself had heard before, this causing him to refrain from answering - let the Knights and Squires put their minds to work. It was an odd parable in this place, given how few the days were that the waters ran freely (ice fishing was common) but that wasn't at all the point.

Once again, the Nabooian woman was quick to respond, drawing a brief glance from him, in mild interest. She had always been quick on the take, but often in response to his barbs at first, which were perhaps unnecessary in hindsight. She had her brushes with darkness, yet had not fallen. Faced temptation and persevered. She was strong in ways that he was not, thought the line between strength and stubbornness when it came to her was progressively easier to parse as their partnership evolved, yet it had never been truly easy.

Then came Axile with the rebuttal. Taking the opportunity created by his speaking, Luca leaned towards the two women to the left of him, and addressed them in a hushed tone, with relevant, surreptitious gesturing.

"Eenia Vahn, this is Teyla Ee'everwest, my student. Teyla, this is Eenia, a friend."

Which might come as a surprise, as he had never spoken of her, but the subject had never come up, and after Rothe was gone... his brow knit, and he glanced toward the other assembled members of the Lotus, pushing those thoughts away, before looking back to the two with a faint, vaguely sheepish upturn of the corners of his mouth. Friends, indeed.

millubar.png

PARABLE

Tag: Beric Layne Beric Layne , Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il , Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren Luca Ioneşti Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn Kipp Lansen Josiah Josiah Axile Volzap Axile Volzap
Wearing: [X]

Millu keeps a smile on her face as Raz explains to her what he is reading. She herself isn't much into poetry also, but that might be because she never really got a chance to explore it. Anyhow, the sith seemed like an interesting and wise figure that the girl felt like she wouldn't have much trouble listening to for a while.

"I'm not that much into poetry, but that book seems like an interesting read, since it is full of the past... How did you come to be in our meeting? Were you invited? Did you hear about it somewhere? My master didn't tell me what exactly we would be doing here, so I guess I'm as much in the dark as you."

Just after her guest attempted to answer her questions, Millu heard Beric's solemn voice addressing the gathering. Of course, the core of this meeting would probably be starting now, so the girl shifted her attention to her master who was standing in his usual place at the head of the table.

"Two brothers are crossing a river. They must cross to continue on their way. The first of the brothers declares that he will fight the river, make it bend and break, and let him cross. The other brother seeks a different path, and instead decides to join the river's current and let it carry him to the other side. What becomes of each brother?"

Oh. Great, another one of her master's parables. Beric often used proverbs and parables as a teaching method to make her think, and deciphering them wasn't exactly the easiest thing, nor was getting the answer that he expected. But everytime, he always told her that it was most important to answer from the heart, what she felt was true, not what she thought he wanted to hear; so after hearing the others' opinions, Millu blurted out her own answer.

"I believe the first brother will not get any results, and end up getting swallowed up by the river. But by letting the currend gently carry him to the other side, the second brother will eventually get to the shore, although maybe a bit farther from where he wanted to end up."

The sith chuckles a bit self deprecatingly as he closes his book. "I have a tendency to wander into things I'm afraid. I sensed a gathering of force users, and so I followed. My path is whatever the Force wills it to be on any given day. And you? How did you come to be an apprentice?" he gives another slight smirk. "We masters can have a tendency to aggrandize our reasons for studying, 'I follow the way of the Force' 'I seek to become one with the force'. All well and good, but I find that in truth most people's reason for study, at least their initial one, is far more pragmatic. As much as we are children of the Force, we are also children of reality. For instance, my initial reason for study was simple- I spoke with my master and I wished to become like him." finishing his little speech, he tunes into Beric's riddle as he awaits Millu Lee Millu Lee 's reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom