Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purgatory (Kay Arenais)

[member="Kay Arenais"]
Er6tw3E.png
"Is this really necessary..." Veiere spoke, though he couldn't see the Officer that he was speaking to, thanks to the black fabricated bag that had been loosely thrown over his head the moment he had rendezvoused at the agreed location.

"This is as much for your safety as it is the security of the convicts we're holding" The Officer responded bluntly, as though he had been asked the same question repeatedly his entire career. The type of Prison they were headed for was a maximum security facility, housing some of the worst criminals known to the Galaxy, some of them capable of practicing the Force yet were still able to be retained behind secure lock-up. Technology could certainly be impressive at times, though today it just made Veiere feel uncomfortable; "Many of them are known associates of Gangs and Political figureheads with the credits to finance an attack. Access is highly restricted to the public".

"Yes well...-The Jedi don't make a habit of working against the law" Veiere countered, dressed in an obvious attire, a pair of tan Jedi robes covered by a large brown hooded cloak that draped down behind him; "I understand you cannot take any chances, but you'll find no trouble from me, I assure you", he was there to visit his wife after-all, and any trouble that he could make, would likely worsen her conditions, were he foolish enough to make any.

"Hands at your sides at all times, we're descending down into the Facility now" the Prison Officer spoke with a tone of voice that suggested their conversation had been concluded, and he was soon followed by the sound of grinding metal, the floor beneath them juttering some, before Veiere weight gravity shift marginally.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Veiere Arenais"] had bought his access to Purgatory, just like most visitors did. The environment of the Redoubt Cluster was so dangerous that there were only two paths that were safe enough for travel. And those co-ordinates were kept secret. As well as the timings.

Escape was near impossible. The defences and radiation levels made it all the more difficult, which is why it was the perfect place for the for-profit prison.

Veiere was led down to where Kay was being held, a cell block built with high priority prisoners in mind. Each had their own individual cell with reinforced durasteel walls and door. There was never a moment where guards weren't present, and never a moment when the cameras were turned off.

Inside of one of the cells, Kay just sat on her bed as she tended to do, meditating and longing for tea. With the voidstone in her collar, she had no access to the Force. Thankfully she wasn't shackled or chained, so at least she had some small comfort in that. Yet she wore the same bright yellow jumpsuit as the other prisoners did, making them all easy to spot.

A small window in the door allowed anyone nearby to peer inside. The guard removed the hood from Veiere's head before he tapped his knuckles on the window.

Kay opened her eyes and looked, half expecting more food to arrive. But there was none. Instead she saw her husband. Although he was a sight for sore eyes, she wasn't so sure if she had wanted anyone to see her. But he did come all this way to...wherever she was.

She got to her feet and slowly walked to the door, keeping her head slightly lowered as she met his eyes. Kay took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly. ~Hello Veiere...~ Her voice came from a speaker, making it sound tinnier than normal.

When the hood was pulled from around his head, Veiere half expected to be blinded by the lights after having been submerged in darkness for so long, and yet the vast facility wasn't nearly as bad as he had anticipated. For the hundred thousand credits he had paid just to be allowed visitation, he would have preferred not to have been bagged like that in the first place.

The Guard moved to slide the metal panel across the door exposing the window that looked into the cell of [member="Kay Arenais"]. Veiere's brow furrowing, he had certainly hoped for more than this, though he supposed that he'd have to make do and be grateful that he could see his Wife at all.

"Hello Veiere" Kay greeted him with a defeated tone of voice, an immediate impression of guilt as far as Veiere could tell without their Force Bond in play. Whatever they had around her neck, he suspected it was in order to nullify her Force Sensitivity.

"It's good to see you..." he replied, having thought for a good while that she may have been killed, right up until that little announcement of hers; "Are they treating you well?" he asked, wanting first to know how his wife was doing rather than going straight for the subject and reasons as to why she was in there in the first place.

It really wasn't that long ago since their roles were reversed and it was he on the inside and she visiting his cell. Give or take a few years, but he didn't have any ground to stand on when it came to blame, nor would he want to upset her, given that he wasn't sure how long it might be before he was able to see her again.

Kay-Larr

Kay folded her arms across her chest, but moreso in a relaxed position, rather than a defiant one. There was no room for defiance here. She was made aware of that when she saw the recording of the latest execution.

~It's good to see you too.~ Given that she was cut off from the Force during her abduction, she couldn't know for certain of whether or not [member="Veiere Arenais"] was killed or hurt. Thankfully he looked well, and as handsome as ever in his robes. Oh how she longed for his protective arms to be wrapped around her. But she wasn't so sure if she'd ever feel them again.

~I'm alright. Better than many others in this place.
I hear that they execute on a whim. And it won't be long before they put me in with the general population, I hear.~
As far as she knew, the Warden [member="Lucinda Larr"] hated her. But she didn't know why. Maybe she just hated everybody. Regardless, she wasn't too comfortable at the idea of getting put with the others. Perhaps it was a fear tactic? She wasn't certain. Time would give her the answer to that.

~I'm glad that you're alright. Are the children okay?
Are you? How is Commenor dealing with this?~
She wanted to ask if everyone despised her, but instead refrained from doing so.

Veiere smiled a little when she said she was glad to see him. Given their situation, all kinds of thoughts had gone through his head, such as whether she blamed him for all of this and everything since his fall some time ago now. It was easy to find doubt in the absence of [member="Kay Arenais"], she whom often kept him level headed when his insecurities would fester during personal times, times spent away from business where his work was so good at keeping him distracted from his conscience.

When she told him that there were executions put in place so frivolously however, his concern immediately returned and his gaze left her momentarily to double-check the distance between himself and the armed guard at the other end of the hall, standing watch at the entrance. "Who's in charge of this place, do you know?" he asked her quietly, not wishing to arouse too much suspicion but if Kay's protection could be bought, then Veiere was willing to pay a high price to ensure she be kept alive and well.

"Commenor will survive" He added, answering her original question; "As Minister of Justice, Darlyn has stepped forward to manage the situation. The House of Lords isn't what it used to be, a fraction remain but I can't see it lasting long before Chasin City is once again watching over all of the land" the Lords that they had adopted and put in places of authority had failed them spectacularly. Only [member="Silfe Sosuri"], [member="Jairdain"] and [member="Shoden Moz"] remained, though the latter was a child and Veiere's confidence and faith there was placed in [member="Darlyn Excron"] himself.

"I made a deal with the Silver Jedi Order before I stepped away. The Jedi will be watching over Commenor now, and I and the Children will be at our home in the mountains" [member="Aida Aquila"] had been one of the Jedi that Veiere had spoken to. From what he had understood, she was more or less at the head of things alongside Master DragonsFlame. "I wasn't going to leave our people unprotected..." he concluded, suspecting that she might not be comfortable with the idea, yet knowing that it ensured Commenor's future regardless.

Kay-Larr

It was lovely to see [member="Veiere Arenais"] smile. Even for a fleeting moment. It showed her a lot that she couldn't feel as their Force Bond was blocked.

As for his question on who ran the prison, Kay shook her head. ~A woman they called the Warden. I hear her on the speakers. I don't recognize her voice though.~

When he mentioned [member="Darlyn Excron"] stepping in to manage things, her eyebrows rose. Did he really? Her friend had grown so much since she had first hired him on Bespin. Yes he was a Darksider, but instead of telling him that he was wrong and should change, she found use in his skills and encouraged him to help others with them. Such a tacfic worked and Darlyn grew into such a remarkable person. ~He'll do well. I just hope that the House of Lords does too~

Kay remained silent for a moment as Veiere let her know about the Jedi looking after Commenor. They helped liberate Commenor from the Sith, them and the Mandalorians, along with the New Republic and more. And with his connection to the Jedi recently, it made sense.

~You and the twins will be staying at the Estate? You've spoken to Caedyn? How about Lori?
How's her training?~

That was unfortunate. If he had a name then Veiere might have had a way of swaying things in [member="Kay Arenais"]' favor, then again perhaps the Guards might open up to him on the way out. It wasn't likely but it was worth a shot given that he had nothing to lose. They'd taken his Wife after-all and their Children were well out of their reach now.

"Lori's been with me almost every step of the way. When she's not with me, she's off running errands with her pilot buddies" Veiere smiled at the thought of their daughter having a good time. It wasn't as though he had a whole lot to do with their son, save for the odd holo-call. "Caedyn doesn't have much to do with Commenor at all anymore...-Or maybe it's just with me, it's hard to tell sometimes. He's doing well though, and apparently found some of the Je'daii again recently. He thought they'd all up and left, apparently".

He knew it was all his fault though, why Caedyn hadn't returned in so long. He'd never gotten over the fact that Veiere had turned and fought against his own people (The Jedi), let alone the fleet that had stopped over Chasin City and demanded his release, resulting in the vessels firing upon the capital as a warning. A warning that had killed others.

"I guess nothing's really changed with the boy, but they're both safe and at-least Lori's distracted by her training and her piloting jobs. She doesn't seem hugely confident in becoming a Jedi though, her training as one seems to be more focused around spending time with me and 'learning some cool new tricks".

Currently: Narrowing down Kay's location

Unarmed (Awaiting weapon delivery)

Disguised as: Donny. (Purgatory security guard)

It had been too dangerous to try bringing any of her weapons into the facility. She would have to acquire whatever means to escape that she could find within. But she had been in far more desperate situations. It was relatively easy to leave as she was...but leaving with [member="Kay Arenais"] was the real problem. The real trick.

It was rather like figuring out how to not leave the underworks a thug. Purgatory Prison had that same oppressive feel to the underworks, and had it not been for the fact leaving as easily as she had gotten in, she would have cut and run a long time back. Anything that reminded her of the underworks caused something akin to torment for the Shi'ido. Torment which only relented when she thought of her daughter Uri's green eyes. She would corrupt her. It was only a matter of time. Then Uri would be at her side once more and all would be right in the Amalgam's small, broken little world.

Kay would make an excellent addition to all that.

Masquerading as Donny had become more of a chore, her being forced to adjust as her schedule and position shifted around the prison. But she had at least gotten a location roster. Kay was well hid.

She still couldn't believe how easily they had discarded Kay. All that torment...and it still wasn't over. She wondered if Kay believed she should just accept this destiny. The Amalgam wouldn't. Everybody was a murderer out here these days. That alchemy related domestic homicides had spiked said far too much about modern society. Who were they to judge Kay? No one fit, for certain. Little people. Worms..

She had finally gotten to her shift change, nervous. That special jammer in her body didn't have an unlimited power span. Nor did the relatively quick enchantments she had applied to her body so to speak. Finding some time in 'her' quarters, she had locked it, quickly taking out the datapad containing the information on Kay's cell block. She then took a small pocket knife and cut herself, chanting unnatural words not meant for the sane as she inscribed a bloody jagged crescent on a bathroom mirror, chanting Kay's name. She could not contact her via telepathy as she would have preferred but magic was not bound to the same rules as the Force. It would draw her to where Kay was, though not allow her to actually interact unless she strained herself.

The world around her disguised, currently musclebound form darkened and faded, her consciousness traveling along the contours and expanding deep into the prison with the aid of the dark magic she had been trained to harness by her hated and loved master, The Congregation.

The Amalgam, to be certain, was not actually too clear with herself as to how she was to guide Kay, save that whatever she did, it would work best if she could convince Kay to try unsavory actions of her own free will. Not like anything else had worked for her.

The black magic guided her to where Kay was, at last, and she swelled with anger as she saw Kay, utterly beaten down and staying sane only by talking to her husband it seemed. So that was [member="Veiere Arenais"]. He looked like he'd survived a flood. They both looked like they had survived a flood. But only just.

What a reward for all those hard years of work. If it had been some other queen she'd have laughed at the fall from grace. But not Kay. If there was anyone out there who could ever have convinced The Amalgam that perhaps the dark was not all she made it out to be, then it was Kay. Perhaps that also was motivation...as time had gone along, and she had begun to consider all her own plans, she suddenly realized just how silent and drafty even a luxurious stealth yacht could be, even when one owned multiple sexy catsuits as she did.

Her consciousness focused on Kay as she spoke. She had missed most of the conversation, but perhaps she might catch some insight regardless...and at least her husband was several levels of Rawr when it came to pure eye candy standards...

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled a little as [member="Veiere Arenais"] told her of Lori. Their daughter had a lot of spirit. It took a lot to bring her down.

Caedyn was another story. Ever since Deneba, their son had chosen to stay away; mostly from his Father. It was a rift between them that she wasn't sure could ever be repaired fully. What was he to think of her after that broadcast? Would he shun her too? The very idea of it was heartbreaking to think of.

But she'll make it up to them. All of them.

Somehow.

Kay had to laugh as Veiere said that Lori was focused on learning some cool new tricks. ~That sounds like Lori, alright. She's probably already planning new ways to snare Caedyn in one of her traps....I miss watching them play.~ She placed her hand on the window. It was as close to touching her husband that she could manage right now. ~Where did the time go?
They grow up so fast.~

The arrival of a guard caused Kay to lower her hand again. As far as she was concerned, the guards were watching to see if she'd make any moves to break out. Of course she wasn't doing such a thing right now, but anything could be mistaken for an escape attempt. That was something that she didn't want to risk right now.

~I'm not going to try to endanger myself while I'm here.
You know me. I can turn an enemy into a friend...for the most part. Maybe one day I'll be allowed some tea.~
Oh how she missed her tea. So far her lack thereof had only given her a mild headache and nothing more.

[member="The Amalgam"]

"We put all of our time into looking after Commenor, and not enough invested in our Family" Veiere answered his wife's question, knowing that he had much to apologize for on the matter. They both had made their share of mistakes over the years, neither one of them was innocent nor guilt free and thus Veiere couldn't bring himself to judge or resent Kay Arenais for her current predicament; there was a time where the roles had been reversed and she had been on the outside of a cell looking in on him.

The movement of the Guard caused Kay to pull her hand away from the window, Veiere turning to look back at the figure, holding the gaze momentarily. He did not like being monitored, especially by the private sector. They seemed like Para-Military, well financed soldiers under employment rather then working under some sense of idealism, which often made abuse of power so much more likely in these sorts of facilities.

"What am I to do now?" he asked, turning back to look to his Wife. He had options and he knew that much, but the question was really asking Kay what she wanted him to do; he was needing some sort of advise or confirmation from her to go on and resume his life. Every step of the way thus far had been riddled with guilt and concern for how she was being treated, how she was faring both mentally and physically. How could he and the Children be expected to try to live some semblance of a normal life knowing that the Woman that meant everything to them, had been incarcerated and that the facility was susceptible to high financial persuasion. Here it seemed that the highest bidder would potentially be given rights over the lives of the inmates were they able to pay such an expense.

"How long is your sentence?" He soon asked in additional thought. There was little way to fight the case through means of legality, given that she had publicly admitted her guilt to millions of people. Veiere and Kay both were people that encouraged peace and justice, they'd be hypocrites to go against her sentencing and against the law because it didn't suit them. And yet this facility and it's personnel could be bought, if he understood correctly. How much would her freedom be priced, he wondered.

[member="The Amalgam"]

Sorry I took so long, things have been horrible lately re: my schedule/availability.

Kay-Larr

~I once asked myself the same thing, when it was you incarcerated. At that time you had us seperate, so that the people could see that you were not held above the law...~ Was she asking that they be seperated now? No. She was merely thinking out loud. ~With the Monarchy gone, we are not held to the same obligations or standards. But I don't want your lives to be put on hold because mine is.~ He had other duties that far surpassed that of herself. [member="Veiere Arenais"] was free of the chains of royalty, now and forever. So now he could pursue the path that he loved the most.

To his last question, she shrugged her shoulders. ~I was told that it was three life sentences, but who knows? This isn't like any normal prison.~ As far as she could figure, her sentence could be shortened by death or by a rescue. Hopefully it was the latter. She just didn't want whatever happened to ruin her husband. ~I have done evil and I cannot undo it. And although the Elders have forgiven me, I have yet to forgive myself. And I'm sorry for all of it." If she could turn back time, she'd of fought against Prazutis more. It might very well have led to her death, but perhaps Commenor would have been better off. That was something that neither of them would ever know.

[member="The Amalgam"]

Veiere frowned, looking back at [member="Kay Arenais"] clearly unsettled by the notion of moving forward without her. "Two life sentences is a long time..." he muttered under his breath, eyes closing a moment to try to keep his emotions restricted, buried beneath his restraint and sense of reason. "I am living proof that one can come back from a situation this negative. Somehow I've managed to be accepted once more by the Jedi, and you never gave up on me...-Nor do I intend to let you go through this without my love and support. The things you are in here for, were actions that were influenced by the Dark-Side and [member="Darth Prazutis"]....-The Woman you are today, is not that same person guilty of those crimes" Veiere forced a smile, seeking to reassure and encourage Kay to try and remain positive. If it meant visiting on a regular basis, he would dive the House Arenais head first into bankruptcy if only to ensure Kay felt supported by her family.

Turning to look back towards the Prison Guard, Veiere motioned to the man. "You there, Guard?" he called for Donny to approach in want of an introduction with the Warden of the facility; "Please inform the Warden that Veiere Arenais would like an introduction and is willing to compensate in credits for the privilege of meeting with them" he spoke politely though too with a sense of purpose, the confidence that most people carried when their pockets weren't empty.

Turning to place his hand against the panel of transparisteel that separated the couple, Veiere spoke to Kay once more, wishing to be able to remove her from the horrid place and return her to the comfort of their home in the hills of Commenor. "I cannot move against the law, but I will do everything that I can to give you the best treatment possible and to see about your freedom if at all possible. I will not have my wife locked away in some cell...-Your family will always be thinking of you, always love you".

[member="The Amalgam"]

Kay-Larr

~I'll never give up on you, Veiere. Even while in here, even while I'm blocked from reaching you, I know that you have my back.~ She didn't exactly marry [member="Veiere Arenais"] on a whim. Sure he had sort of proposed at an enclave of all things, but their commitment to eachother was for life.

As for him mentioning that she was a different person npw than she was when she had come into power, that much was true. ~I know that I wasn't myself back then...I spent all this time serving Commenor to try to make up for it. But VP wouldn't listen. He wouldn't agree.~ The AI program was more stubborn than she was. And that was saying quite a bit.

Kay placed her hand on the transparisteel in a bid to try to see if she could feel his hand through it. Of course she couldn't, but the want was there. ~I love you all too. So very much. Just be careful, okay? I don't think that the Warden likes anyone but herself.~ And maybe credits.

[member="The Amalgam"]

She obviously loved her husband. The Amalgam was unused to displays of affection and considering her own strange obsession with Uri, she knew [member="Kay Arenais"] meant every word. And she was actually willing to go through with it. The Amalgam thought it temporary insanity that she had admitted her crime. What had prompted this? She could not figure it out, any more than she could figure out quite why she wanted to help Kay so badly.

She almost felt bad that to save Kay, really save her, it would require seperating from her husband. (Amy could not blame Kay. If she had plaything like [member="Veiere Arenais"] wrapped around her finger like Kay did she'd be kinda upset about having to part with him to. As has been mentioned, Rawr.)

Veiere was an interesting sort. So willing to be brave in the face of catastrophe. So willing to do everything except what was necessary to get what he wanted. It was why the order was going to be truly crushed one of these days.

Saving Kay would not be enough. Her aptitude had to be honed. She was wanted. Being anything less then the best after her escape would not do. How she wanted to communicate with her. How she wanted to communicate with Uri, try to voice what she wanted and what she felt. But there was still too much anger to do anything but to toy with her. She was still angry at Uri for...leaving her the first time. The Amalgam was sore about that. The abandonment. The hurt. Whatever it was, however it happened she was still angry at Uri. Uri's green eyes blinked in the back of her skull, interrupting her focus and throwing her back into her disguised body, locked in the room of the man she mimicked. Uri Uri Uri...

The Amalgam breathed, wiped traces of the ritual away and composed herself, hefting her stun baton and blaster pistol that she had been assigned and then decided the best way to actually do this was to make contact with Kay. But she could not do it with Veiere around. The Amalgam had had a chance to surreptiously examine some of the collars they used to restrain people, thought the frequency could be disrupted, so she had swiped some parts in her off time to try and study their workings, enough at least to temporarily disrupt it and get a telepathic message to her. She was still working out escape parameters. She certainly could not get her out as she was. She had to get her out as someone else. But what about her husband who not only looked like he survived a flood, but also looked like he was pretty comfy in a gladiator ring? It wasn't a question of whether or not he could entertain her, but whether or not she could win if he had problems with her taking Kay (He likely would.). There was also still the issue if Kay would let herself be taken. (She likely wouldn't. Seemed more the sort who preferred rescue by dashing men in jetpacks, but that was speculation on Amy's part).

The Amalgam re-entered the main cell block after going through four different checkpoints, hiding her presence, or at least, reducing it to that of an ordinary person. There were a lot of nasty, horrible people in this place...one particularly nasty, ugly signature would not alert Veiere, especially since it wasn't even at full strength. It would have been more suspicious if he had barely sensed anything at all from her. Still disguised as the musclebound guard whose mind she had eaten out of habit, she flashed her clearance to get into the restricted area Kay was, having managed to get herself assigned to lunch detail for Kay. It was simple. Nothing fancy. A sandwich and water...and it was being brought by the former queen's new bestie!

As she entered the dark wing, carrying the tray, and the electronic device now in a pocket of tissue in her arm. She affected the cold expression of the victim she mimicked, Donny. Going right past Veiere, disappointed she could not hit on him, even jokingly just to troll Kay, she delivered the tray through a slot in the cell. "Enjoy..." she affected to Kay sarcastically, though the muscles in her arm twitched against the makeshift device she had cobbled together in private, temporarily disabling it. She sent out a small thought telepathically to Kay as she walked off, hoping her husband wasn't sensitive enough to catch it, hoping the magics currently applied to her body scrambled any attempt he might make. She would not have taken such a massive risk normally but these collars were serious. Voidstone was difficult to get around...

We don't have long. I'm working on a way to get you out. Until then, keep your head down...and please don't tell your husband. she told Kay as telepathically quiet as possible. She couldn't even be sure itd get through the voidstone but she had to try. Perhaps contrive some medical emergency that would necessitate entering the cell and sabotaging the collar itself? But there were so many guards...surely they do inspections...

This was going to be more difficult then she thought. She had to think about this. Kill someone higher up...that'd give her the authority she would need...

Oh, why did Kay have to grow such a conscience? And get sent to supermax? How did supermax help anyone atone in the history of ever? Why should Kay have to atone for old men no one cared about?

She wanted to understand that. That need to atone. She had never needed nor wanted to atone for anything. What had gotten into Kay.

This thing about wanting to rescue a woman trying to atone, or whatever...it had more pull with her than she wanted to admit. Particularly, because she felt this odd need to make Uri understand, and needed to find a way to bridge that gap once she had taken everything from Uri, and left nothing but herself...

She wanted to be able to fix things after all that nastiness she'd have to engage in with her daughter. She needed her in her life. Not just because Uri was the step to power.

She needed Uri just like Kay needed her own children.

The reality of that made her blood go a bit still as she walked. She wanted what Kay had, the adoration of family. She wanted that. It scared her. It revolted her. She wasn't supposed to feel this way. She wanted Uri to fall, to save her soul. She wanted the same for Kay. Because witches need besties!

"Commenor's no longer our concern for the time being, my love" Veiere looked to [member="Kay Arenais"] with a wary smile, "Though this isn't the vacation we had planned for now, is it" he asked rhetorically. Of course it wasn't.

"[member="Darlyn Excron"] is set to become President of Commenor, it's been arranged and already he's taking charge with his reputation as the former Minister of Justice. Our home will be safe to return to, when we get you out of here" he explained, with no ounce of doubt in the fact that she would in fact be released one way or another.

Movement behind him caused Veiere's shoulders to tense some, though there seemed to be nothing hostile coming off the Security Officer ([member="The Amalgam"]) in the way of presence or intent, yet it had been an instinctive need to prepare himself. Strange as that seemed with seemingly no justification. His brows furrowed momentarily, his gaze lowering as the Guard transitioned the meal from one side of the cell to his Wife. At-least they were feeding her.

"Veiere Arenais?" came a voice from the end of the hall, an Officer standing on the other side of the entrance to the holding cell block appeared to be looking directly at the Jedi Master. Turning back to Kay, he offered her a reassuring smile. "Don't give up hope...-I'll get you out of there" he promised, soon moving to meet the Officer on the other side of the door.

"The Warden will see you. Follow me" the Officer explained, unlocking the door to allow Veiere on through, moving on their way towards the height of the High Security Prison facility where [member="Lucinda Larr"] was apparently awaiting him.

Kay-Larr

Kay just had to laugh at the comment [member="Veiere Arenais"] had made about a vacation. No, this wasn't what they had meant at all. Nor was it the kind of vacation that she was looking at either before this all began.

She nodded as he spoke of [member="Darlyn Excron"] taking charge as President. It reminded her of the days when she was first elected into office. Hopefully no one would take advantage of such a situation. ~He'll do well.~ As far as her being safe on Commenor, she wasn't so sure. Not in public anyways. No doubt she could stay at their Estate in the mountains for some of her time. But not all....

[member="The Amalgam"] soon arrived with her sandwich. Kay stepped back from the door and then took the tray. There wasn't much to the sandwich, but until now, she didn't even really notice that she was hungry.

The words spoken in her mind caught her by surprise so much that she nearly dropped her tray. It was Amy's voice. She was here?! Kay stepped forward to the window and watched the guard walk away. Veiere didn't seem to notice the message, which may have been a good thing. Amy wasn't exactly a Lightsider, and no doubt he'd dislike their friendship. But after their experiences on The Graveyard, she couldn't help but feel almost a sisterly connection with her; a want of protecting her after witnessing her nearly die while in the hands of some Archers.

~Thank you, my dear.~ No doubt he was looking to come up with some other plan as well. Kay was rather surprised at how many sought her freedom. It was almost touching in a way.

And she was glad for it.

Doyle

D
Lucinda was in her office when the request was made. [member="Veiere Arenais"] wanted to see her. Of course she knew who he was, she had read his file. He was married to [member="Kay Arenais"] , was a Jedi and former King of Commenor. And that meant that he had credits.

Plenty of credits.

He was brought up to her door. The guard knocked three times before opening it and stepping through, bidding Veiere to follow. The smell of tea wafted in the air and sure enough, Lucinda had a cup of it in hand. She didn't get up from her desk at all. This was her domain, afterall.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Arenais?"

"Allow me to buy my Wife's freedom".

Veiere answered [member="Lucinda Larr"], wasting no time in getting down to business. She seemed every bit the look of a business woman and Veiere had heard enough about Purgatory to know that it was less about justice for the Galaxy and more about the profit to be made from removing people of their freedom's and keeping them behind bars at the behest of the highest bidder.

"Our children require their Mother, and I'm fairly confident I can pay off whatever price hangs over Kay's head" He elaborated; though he was a Jedi Master, he still loved his wife and for that love he was willing to let go of their families wealth if only to return her to some sense of normality in life again. Credits could always be earned, at-least enough to keep things stable for the few of them, but the amount that Veiere had was well beyond his needs and as a Jedi, he didn't care all to much for what he spent it on, as long as it was for a good cause. Caedyn and Loreena having their Mother returned to them, sounded like the perfect excuse to empty his pockets, in this case.

Doyle

D
If there was a time for Lucinda to burst out laughing, now would be it. But instead she just gave [member="Veiere Arenais"] a look of slight amusement. It was fleeting though, only lasting for a second or two.

"Your request is denied." She sipped her tea and then set the cup down. "Justice must be done for the crimes she has commited.
There is no price hanging over her head but the time she has to serve. Surely a Jedi like yourself can understand that you shouldn't interfere. How else can we deter crime if there is no punishment?"
Lucinda folded her hands on her desk as she looked up at him. "I am not heartless, Mr. Arenais. I reward good behaviour when it is deserved. Letting you buy her freedom would only set a precident that I cannot afford as it's not very good for business, nor for society as a whole."

She sized him up and then tilted her head to the side a bit. "And if she escapes, I have an array of hunters ready and able to bring her back. But you wouldn't even think of contributing to such a scheme, now would you?"

[member="The Amalgam"]

"You seem to have me at a loss, you know who I am, yet we've not been introduced" Veiere replied, his approach not having been shaken by her counter. His lack of emotional expression, nor hint of his mood worn upon his exterior was with thanks to the return of his Jedi practices, for which he had indeed returned to. "I'm afraid that I know more about your facility, than I do about yourself Ma'am. And this is from a single visit, I might add" he explained, hinting some sort of card up his sleeve with regards to her chosen livelihood.

"I'm flattered that you're so well informed, to know that I'm with the Jedi, as I'm sure you'll also know their views against extortion of Justice and criminal profiteering" Veiere moved to take a seat on the opposite side of her desk, showing his intent to stay and have a longer conversation with [member="Lucinda Larr"] than she may have liked. "I imagine that you're also aware of whom Kay's father is...-And how well situated my Family is within the Galaxy", [member="Kay Arenais"] had never seen eye to eye with her father, yet being a man of great importance within the Imperial regime, it felt worth mentioning.

"Alas, I've not come here to point the finger nor interfere in matters that I'm not directly involved in. I'm sure we could benefit from one another greatly, were we to come to terms. After all, a facility as impressive as yours doesn't come cheap, judging by appearance alone" Veiere smiled, feigning good-standing and showing little to suggest he wasn't being anything but genuine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom