Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Pullman-class light commuter freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTT_concept_art.jpg

Image Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:MTT_concept_art.jpg(early MTT concept art)
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: Ringovinda StarYards
Model: Pullman-class light commuter freighter
Modularity: Extensive (one can modify the internal space for cargo holds, passenger transport or smuggling hatches)
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Alusteel, (outer hull), quadranium (hull frame)
Classification:Light freighter
Length: 35.92 meters
Height: 9.42 meters
Width: 7.53 meters
Armament: 6; 1 forward-mounted quad laser turret
Defenses: 13; Deflector shields, heavy alusteel plating

Squadron Count: 4

Special Features:

- Tensor field generator
- Inertial compensator

Maneuverability Rating: 8
Speed Rating: 8
Hyperdrive Class: 2
Strengths:

- Strong armored hull
- Can be configured quickly for passenger or cargo use (smuggling or not)
- In roommette cabin configuration, can prove to be rather comfortable
- Inertial compensator and tensor field generator can protect the cargo's integrity so long as the ship survives
Weaknesses:

- Limited firing arc
- Limited comfort in commuter passenger configuration (the Pullman is, unfortunately, not a luxury liner)
- Has no viewports outside the cockpit
- Narrow cross-section: cannot haul outsize cargo
- A little underpowered

Description: - Cargo hold: 0 tons (if fully used for passengers)- 500 tons (if fully used for cargo)
- Passengers: 0 (if fully used for cargo) - 50 (outfitted with roommette cabins, no cargo) - 100 (outfitted with bucket seats for commuter passenger services, 20 tons of cargo)
- Consumables: 3 weeks
- Crew: 2 (but 1 is minimal)

The Pullman-class double-decker armored transport was designed in response to raids on shipping near Ringo Vinda, based on discarded, unused plans originally drafted by Baktoid Armor Workshop centuries ago. Around Ringo Vinda, piracy abounds. In response to pirate raids in the corner of the Outer Rim in which Ringo Vinda resides, Ringovinda StarYards developed an armored freighter that can be converted for freight use or for passenger use and is armed with fighter-grade weapons. Also, due to the delicate, fragile even, nature of the cargo being shipped/smuggled in the sector, the Pullman-class comes equipped with a tensor field generator and an intertial compensator to ensure the integrity of the cargo being transported, even after taking substantial punishment, so long as the ship survives.

It can also be outfitted a droid kitchenette and with a sonic shower system should the client wish to outfit the ship for longer-distance flights with some level of comfort.
Development Thread: If necessary
Intent: To create an armored, modular ship that can be repurposed for a variety of aims
Who Can Use This: Anyone

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This looks pretty good to me.

Charzon Loulan said:
Description: - Cargo hold: 20 tons (default) - 200 tons (if fully used for cargo) - Passengers: 44 (outfitted with roommette cabins) - 112 (if fully outfitted with only bucket seats for commuter passenger services)
Passenger count looks pretty high to me, and cargo looks pretty low to me in terms of ratios.

For a canon example close to the Pullman's size (nice railway reference, btw), a Class 720 freighter has 10 passengers and 135 metric tons. Doubling this (if we're assuming that the Class 720 has only one deck compared to the Pullman's two), we get 20 passengers and 270 metric tons. If we follow the old Galaxy Guide to Tramp Freighters, it's a trade of 10 metric tons per 1 passenger to be roomed in a cabin (or 1 metric ton per 1 person if you're cramming people in there for short-term emergency purposes).

I'd probably recommend something equivalent to 500 metric tons total (like 10 passengers in roommette cabins and 400 metric tons of cargo, 20 passengers in roomettes and 300 metric tons of cargo, 50 passengers and no cargo, 0 passengers and 500 metric tons of cargo, etc).

EDIT:

Charzon Loulan said:
Classification: (Starfighter, Bomber, Scout, Atmospheric Fighter, Atmospheric Bomber, Atmospheric Scout, Gunship, Dropship, Interceptor.)

Classification should probably be "light freighter".

The canonical Star Tours used StarSpeeder 1000s and 3000s with bucket seats, and they seated 40 with bucket seats on one deck, as well as five tons of cargo; Pullmans have two decks and are 80% longer. (in the Pullmans' defense, they actually have a galley, a sonic shower and toilet cabins even in bucket-seat configuration)

For this reason I had to list two passenger numbers: roommette-cabin and bucket-seat.

Of course, the bucket-seat passenger count would have to be higher, but that's in-between the emergency configuration and the roommette-cabin configuration as far as tons-per-passenger trade rate is concerned (if roommette-cabin is ~10 tons per passenger and emergency is 1 ton per passenger, bucket-seat is ~3 tons per passenger)

But yes, I did the modifications on cargo and passenger capacity.

Charzon Loulan said:
The canonical Star Tours used StarSpeeder 1000s and 3000s with bucket seats, and they seated 40 with bucket seats on one deck, as well as five tons of cargo; Pullmans have two decks and are 80% longer. (in the Pullmans' defense, they actually have a galley, a sonic shower and toilet cabins even in bucket-seat configuration)
Out of curiousity, where are you finding the numbers for the StarSpeeder's lengths?

Charzon Loulan said:
For this reason I had to list two passenger numbers: roommette-cabin and bucket-seat.

I don't have an issue with this having cabin-seating and alternative bucket-seating.

Charzon Loulan said:
- Passengers: 0 (if fully used for cargo) - 52 (outfitted with roommette cabins, no cargo) - 166 (outfitted with bucket seats for commuter passenger services, 20 tons of cargo)
Fifty is the maximum number of passengers in cabins that I will accept. Change bucket seats to 100 for commuter passenger services in bucket seats if you're going to have 20 metric tons of cargo with that, and this will be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom