Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech PT-C 'Penitent' Control Collar

Status
Not open for further replies.
SB38YYh.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Safely and humanely contain violent offenders and the odd slave.
  • Image Source: Art by Meishali, original source deleted.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Not!Slaving Collar
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Globex Corporation
  • Affiliation: 'Second Chance' Centres
  • Market Status: Open-Market
  • Model: PT-C 'Penitent' Control Collar
  • Modularity: Aesthetics, shape (e.g., collar, bracelet, implant), etc.
    • Can incorporate some/all OmniLink functions if desired.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Padded Hexalloy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Conventional Control Collars utilise a mixture of electrocution and fast-acting sedatives to swiftly and humanely dissuade violent, criminal, or otherwise undesirable behaviour. Various other deterrents may be added to the versatile design, see below - some may activate if removed.
    • Explosive collars are brutally effective, or more aptly efficiently brutal. Most are designed to feature explosives facing inwards so as to limit the risk of collateral damage - the explosive decapitation of one rebellious slave penal worker is often enough to pacify the rest. It goes without saying that the Globex Security Division only use such inhumane control methods on the most horrid of beings.
    • Toxic collars are able to inject nasty concoctions above and beyond the usual sedatives. Fex-M3 is a particularly popular option, at least insofar as lethality is concerned - concoctions that induce hallucinations, intense pain, and the like are better suited for suppression.
  • Control Collars can be remotely activated, activated based on a prisoner's location (e.g., trespassing), or even tied to surveillance systems.
  • Control Collars come equipped with inbuilt tracers 'in order to prevent prisoners from harming themselves in their futile escape attempts.'
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
  • Resistance is Futile: The Penitent is difficult to remove, can monitor its wearer's biometrics and location, and can safely apply a typically escalating series of humane and responsible resistance-reducing techniques, including electrocution, sedatives, or even summary execution.
  • OK, Not That Futile: The Penitent can be cut off, ionised, etc. Lethal anti-escape countermeasures may be in effect but can be avoided.
DESCRIPTION
While not exactly 'elegant' or 'popular', slaving collars are among the most cost-effective mechanisms for prisoner suppression; guards must be paid and require breaks and off time, while security droids are fairly expensive and require regular maintenance. A good shock collar, meanwhile, is more than capable of reliably standing by 24/7, electrocuting the wearer if they enter the wrong area or become violently agitated.

What wondrous efficiency! Unfortunately, such devices are associated with unpopular institutions such as slavery.

Globex's control collars have nothing to do with such nastiness, of course. The Penitent line is able to safely, swiftly, and humanely suppress violent tendencies and other undesirable activities. Using such devices on slaves would be met with the strong condemnation of the Globex Corporation!

Of course, it is not practically possible for a mere corporation to police its customers. That is the responsibility of governments.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
AMCO AMCO

As usual, very cool submission! And this is not what I usually say to you, but the "FIGHTERS: Shock Collar and Tracker Bracelet" link is broken, this art does not exist. And I don't find this art on the artist Deviant art gallery nor in the facebook gallery. And there is no link on the internet. Can you link where did you find the picture? Because I can't see and find proof that it was really made by this artist.

MANIAC MANIAC

That link is where I got it from, but the art must have been deleted.

I can't find any other sources either, but at least I still have the artist's page; you're not going to get any more proof than "that's what I wrote down when I started the submission, so I assume it's correct" but the alternative is "Unknown Artist", so better than nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom