Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PT-01 High Velocity Rotating Disruptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
bUJVitw.jpg
-= PT-01 High Velocity Rotating Disruptor =-
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a custom weapon for Carlyle Rausgeber
Image Source:
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: The First Order, Plazma Tech Solutions.
Model: PT-01 High Velocity Rotating Disruptor
Affiliation: [member="Rexus Wenck"]
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material:

• Quadanium steel barrel and components.

• Duranium casing

• Inoxium handle, trigger, and firing mechanism.

• Computer components.

• Titanium bearings.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Disruptor.
Size: Large
Weight: Very Heavy
Ammunition Type: Power cell.
Ammunition Capacity: 300 seconds sustained fire.
Reload Speed: Very Slow
Effective Range: 20-25m
Rate of Fire: Very High, 4500 rounds per minute.
Stopping Power: Very Low
Recoil: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Disruption repeater array - A sophisticated computer system designed to increase the firing rate of the disruptor by shortening the length of the beam, and the cooldown time between shots. The technology is highly expensive and experimental, having been invented by Plazma and used only on the PT-01.
Strengths:
[+] High speed disruptor - The shots from the rotating disruptor are small individual beams, capable of penetrating standard shielding and disintegrating targets. Note that the damage of the weapon is determined by the opposing writer.
Weaknesses:
[-] Reload time - Experimental technology takes a lot of power. The PT-01, once spent, must be reloaded by replacing, priming and activating a new power pack. This process takes about 2 minutes.
[-] Heavy - The mass of the rotating disruptor impacts its portability and practicality.
[-] Limited capacity - The Rotating Disruptor is only capable of firing for 300 seconds before requiring a charge.

DESCRIPTION
The PT-01 High Velocity Rotating Disruptor is designed by Plazma Technology Solutions for use by Alpha Team member ‘Rexus Wenck.’ The PT-01 is a fast-firing disruptor beam weapon capable of quickly eliminating unarmoured targets, and bypassing standard shielding. The PT-01 is unique in its capability of firing miniaturised disruptor beams at a fast rate, spreading the devastating shots in a small cone up to a range of about 25 metres. Due to the volatile and experimental nature of the technology, the weapon must be charged between uses, and should be maintained by a professional whenever possible.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hello [member="Madelyn Lowe"]! Thank you for your patience while I reviewed your submission. I only have a couple of concerns I'd like to get addressed before we can proceed:

• Please update the language to reflect that the destructive capability of the weapon is potential open; the damage taken to any individual opposing writer must be determined by the opposing writer rather than the submission's power.
  • My research reveals that a firing rate of 6000 rounds per minute isn't unreasonable for a rotary type weapon. However, I think given the destructive capabilities of the disruptor, this should be toned down. Firing 6000 disruptor bolts a minute seems overpowered to me. Can we drop this down to around 4500? That's still a pretty sizeable firing rate.

Hi [member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"], thanks for taking on my submission. I have made the following changes as per your request.

• Added note to 'Strengths' stating that the damage is decided by the opponent.
  • Reduced firing rate to 4500 rounds per minute.

[member="Madelyn Lowe"] | [member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"]

I apologize for the intervention but I need to interject here.

As with a previously submitted turbolaser varient of a disruptor that was denied, this too is going to be denied on concept for the following reasons:
  1. Disruptors are extremely overpowered in a canon state to begin with and are only loosely balanced by their extremely limited range in most cases, and their extremely limited ammunition supply.
  2. A weapon that fires 4500 rounds per minute, for five straight minutes (75 rounds per second) is so far outside of the realm of what can pass in the factory that this submission cannot be approved in any state.
  3. Regardless of allowing writers to decide damage, the sheer rate and overwhelming numbers in this submission make it nearly impossible for anyone to logically do so.
This submission is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom