Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Prudii'yaim Shadow Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
1029688.jpg

b5222accb4f5a774e62999131fd4c07a.jpg

SWE12_10836_CoverBackgroundShadowport_MattBradbury.jpg

orv-201-station.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a basic design for shadow ports.
  • Image Source: X, X, X, X
  • Canon Link: Shadow Ports
  • Permissions:
    unknown.png
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Various, Modifications from MandalMotors, CST, and Mandalorians.
  • Affiliation: Mandalorians
  • Model: Various, collectively known as Prudii'yaims (Shadow Homes)
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Space station components, Occasionally asteroids, Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Shadow Port
  • Length: 900-1000m
  • Width: 100-1000m
  • Height: 100-600m
  • Dimension note: Max height should be paired with Min width, and visa-versa. More, width, less height. More height, less width.
  • Armament: High (Turbolasers, Lasers, Particle beam cannons, Mass drivers, Point defense cannons)
  • Defenses: Very High (Durasteel plating, Layered deflector shields, Ionic shields, Sensor jammers, Asteroid walls [occasional])
  • Hangar Space: Extreme: 11 squadrons
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 6 squadrons (2 for station craft and 4 open to traffic)
    • Support Craft: 5 squadrons (1 for station craft and 4 open to traffic)
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Very Low
  • Hyperdrive: No
  • Hyperdrive Class: N/A
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Turbolasers
  • Lasers
  • Particle beam cannons
  • Mass drivers
  • Point defense cannons
  • Durasteel plating
  • Layered deflector shields
  • Ionic shields
  • Sensor jammers
  • Asteroid walls (occasional)
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • CST Central A.I.: Used to limit the actual crew requirement of the Prudii'yaim, the Central A.I. are capable of keeping most of the minor systems running on their own. The A.I. are often named after their stations. While these are not universally applied, most of the stations do possess them.
  • Encrypted communications system.
STRENGTHS
  • Sensor jammers plus lack of official registration keep them hidden.
  • Large hanger space.
  • Central A.I. limit crew requirements.
WEAKNESSES
  • As stations, they are immobile.
  • Their hidden nature makes getting help when needed difficult.
  • Lack of standard design.
  • A.I. are independent, which can lead them to disobey orders.
DESCRIPTION
A collection of hidden shadow ports that dot the galaxy, the Prydii'yaims, or Shadow Homes, are secret hideaways for Mandalorians to live and/or do business. These ports follow the old smuggler and bounty hunter traditions from the Outer Rim of setting up unregistered stations to do less than legal business. In contrast to this old tradition of shadow ports, the Prydii'yaim shadow ports generally aren't home to illegal business, with the exception of those stationed within the various regions that could be called "Imperial space."

The trademarks of these stations, for those that know they exist, are their powerful armaments, tough defenses, and extensive hanger bays. Along with this, they are often fitted with a CST Central A.I. to assist with the running of the station. The stations also run an encrypted comms system, making them able to send out communications to Mandalorians throughout the galaxy without fear over the message being intercepted or traced. With this though, the fact that most of these ports are refurbished stations, and hidden, can make operations difficult in emergencies.

The stations are generally located either in asteroid or junk fields, deep space, or around uninhabited world that aren't given a second glance. All are away from hyperlanes as well. Systems that the stations are located in include:
  • Taanab: In a dwarf planet. Star Cove, A.I.: Cove
  • Itera: Within the outer belt. Reliquary, A.I.: Book
  • Rishi Maze: Open space well off the Rishi hyperspace lane. Turtle, A.I.: Murt
  • Tion Cluster: In a junk field. Dianoga, A.I.: Dianoga
  • Echilon: In the outer system. Well away from Hyfire. Brimstone, A.I.: Char
  • Near Isis: In the Ivax Nebula. Duststorm, A.I.: Duster

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Hello Mig Gred Mig Gred , I will be reviewing your sub.

THE GOOD:
A nice return of something underused.

THE BAD:
The images are large and I would ask if they could be set in a spoiler. Optional as it is your choice for this and won't alter either way.

Your materials should list durasteel with a link to the material on the wookie. Durasteel

More detail about placement, the ports are meant to be hidden and scattered but there could be potential for abuse as one could suddenly appear in system before an attack to flank or if there is a hidden location suddenly a port is there to reveal it. A criteria for placement. (example, medium sized asteroid field to blend in but close enough to a hyperspace lane so ships can't be tracked going to it)

The variable sizes should also be narrowed down a little more as it can alter the distribution of rating points. one port could be minimum size (900x100x100) but have the maximum armaments, hanger and defense.

Let me know if you have any questions or when you have made the edits

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

I think that should do it. Added six locations, and gave some idea of where they’re hidden. Also state that you cannot just make it tiny, with width and height affecting each other. Also added Durasteel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom