Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proving Oneself [Xavier Vi'dreya]

Aboard the Vhailor
Orbiting Prakith

So it had begun. The One Sith were now fully operational and given a purpose; to sow chaos in the galaxy. Whether or not the man formerly known as Thyrian, now a mortal human, believed in their cause was irrelevant, for he would follow his Master to the end of the universe and time itself. Whatever buisness she would envelope in did not matter to him, as long as he would be able to serve her as he had for so many years already. Only a few days had passed since his resurrection at the hands of the Dark Lord, before having been called to the Gathering of the One Sith on Prakith; he had only been given so much time to get accustomed to his new self and the vast overload of senses and feelings that humanity brought with it. After the Gathering had concluded, his master surprised him by giving him his own ship in the form of the Vhailor. It had served her for so long, through all his years of service at her side, and now it was his to command. This ship and himself were already accustomed to eachother by now, with them being of the same age and both serving their Queen. Nobody had ever just given him anything before, not without expecting something in return. Whether or not his master did so, he could not tell, for she already had his complete and utter loyalty, life, and protection. Those were all he could ever offer her, for that was all he was, what he was bred for.

But this was no time to remain introspective, for her had been given an apprentice in the form of little Xavier Vi'dreya, her brother by blood. It was an honour to hone the young master Xavier's skills in the Force, which would become considerable once untapped and unleashed. This would be the first time the small boy laid eyes on the newly re-awakened Ashborn since before his death, as Kära had brought him with her to stay on the ship during the Gathering, which was only concluded a few hours ago. Knocking on the door to the boy's private room aboard the Vhailor, Thyrian asked him: "Young master Xavier? Are you in there?" The voice would be less noisy and uncontrolled, yet retain the booming quality from before.

@[member="Xavier Vi'dreya"]

"Who is it?" A voice questioned, older and far stronger than when @[member="Thyrian Ashborn"] had heard it before. He'd grown, without direction or purpose, Kära had been busy, he'd been alone. Xavier had originally turned to study, learning of his estranged stepfather Darth Arcis and his travels, and he found himself idolizing the man. He'd spent hours learning to forge, and hours more shaping a mask just like his stepfather's, it had recently finished.

The idea of visitors was foreign to the 14 year old, no one had paid him any mind as he trained himself intensely, to the best he was able. He'd nearly constructed a lightsaber, nearly, but the damned thing wouldn't stay together. He hoped that in time study would reveal answers to his bright blue eyes, still uncorrupted by the dark he lived in. But like Arcis, he'd also spent time on tactics, the majority of it in fact, he had to learn if he was to succeed in the new dawn of the Sith whenever it came. Force forbid someone was actually here to teach him something their self.

As the voice within the room made itself known, Thyrian was taken aback at the level of maturity it withheld. How long had he been gone? Was it that long since last he laid eyes on the little boy he once found escaping from the droid ant back on Bastion? Without answering the question asked, the Ashborn entered the room. It was hardly lit, which made his crimson eyes stand out even more than they would normally. They were peering through the room, before fixating themselves onto the form of not a young boy, but that of a much older adolescent figure than he was expecting. Still towering above the youngster, Thyrian slowly walked up to him with a perplexed look on his face, just as he placed a gentle hand upon the boy's cheek. "Xavier... you've grown since last I saw you." His hand then slid down to settle on Vi'dreya's shoulder. "I'm sorry I missed seeing you become as you are now..." The fact remained that Thyrian had not yet revealed his identity, and coupled with his voice lacking the uncontrollable nature of his past self, it might prove difficult for the young man to discern who this man was.

Thyrian may not have said it, but Xavier was smart, very few titanic figures such as the one before him would have the audacity to touch him. Had he been younger, happiness would've spilled forth and filled the small child with joy, but he wasn't younger anymore, and his expression remained unchanged. "How are you alive?" He questioned flatly, clutching his mask identical to that of his stepfather's mask clutched in one of his hands as his icy blue gaze met Thyrian's glowing red one.

@[member="Thyrian Ashborn"]

His hand removed itself from the young man and dropped to his side. This was not the same little boy he once held in his arms so effortlessly. He was... different. Thyrian turned to look into a nearby mirror hanging on the wall, his fiery eyes staring back at him. "I gave my life to save Kära...", he said softly. "...and she brought me back to be at her side once more. Do not ask me how, for even I don't know the details or what was involved in doing so. You'd have more luck asking her in person." During the last sentence he returned his gaze down towards the lad, who's eyes were full of defiance and frustration. "What matters is that I'm back, and that I am now free to spend time with you, Xavier." Noticing the mask clutched in the boy's hands, Thyrian placed a hand onto its surface, tracing the lines of it. "This is fine craftsmanship. When did you make this?"

For his sister, of course it had been his sister. Everything revolved around Kära so it seemed, and he had a feeling that wasn't just teenage angst talking. He didn't care to respond in any form of sappy way, free time was to be used to better oneself, which meant Thyrian would be training him, at least that's what it meant according to his definition. Then the remark came about his mask, his craftsmanship, it gave him some pride. "Last week." He said proudly, a small smile growing across the adolescent's face, like there had been when he was a child, before fading back into the same deadened expression it had been moments earlier.

Thyrian noticed the disapproving look on the boy's face. "Xavier, I came back for you, as well. You're as important to me as anyone bearing the name 'Vi'dreya'." Again he settled a hand to the young man's cheek, still relishing what he was never granted in his former life. The friction of skin against skin was something he'd only been able to dream about, and it made his senses tingle with comfort. Without realising it, the Ashborn was pulling Xavier in for an embrace - one comparable to an embrace between father and son. He never saw himself as father-material, but he cared deeply for the boy, and not just because he was the younger brother of his beloved Kära. Whether or not the adolescent chose to follow through with the hug, was up to him.

Bantha poodoo. Absolute bantha voodoo. Xavier didn't believe a word of it, he knew damn well Xavier held Kära over him, not by much, but he still did, he just knew it. "Are you going to train me?" He questioned rather flatly as he was embraced by the large man. He felt the urge to hug back, but didn't and when the embrace ended, his icy blue eyes looked up at @[member="Thyrian Ashborn"] for but a moment before Xavier donned the mask and pulled his hood over it. The adolescent appeared as a smaller version of Darth Revan or Arcis, depending on one's views. Behind the visor he awaited the answer to his question, one he desperately hoped the answer would be yes to. He could read as many books and knock out as many servants as he pleased, but it was no replacement for real training.

He embraced the boy, but it was an icy reception from the boy that Thyrian was greeted to. Once the brief, somewhat uncomfortable hug ended, he watched as Xavier donned the mask in his possession. The boy was hiding from himself, and from the man infront of him. It seemed to the Ashborn that the young Vi'dreya had been studying on his own all this time, with little to no social interaction - not that Thyrian was much of a people-person, but at the very least he got to get out and be active, rather than reclusive within his chambers. His human form brought with it no diminished sense of duty or loyalty, and more than ever he enforced the will of his master. He gave a slight nod to the youngster. "I am. Bring your gear", he said as he slowly tore his gaze away from the lad and stepped out the door, waiting for Xavier to follow. Today would be a lesson in armed combat, focusing on honing his skills with the lightsaber. It was something one could not learn on his own, especially since one could not construct his own lightsaber without guidance. Today was not the time for the young man to do so, however. For now, a training saber would have to suffice, much to the boy's disappointment, no doubt.

Xavier followed in silence, snagging a full canteen on the way out before trotting after his instructor. Upon reaching the training area, he was disappointed, but not at all surprised as a training saber found it's way into his hand. He didn't need to be babied about this, he'd read enough to get a basic understanding, and practiced with what he had. Yes that was largely toy swords, but practice was practice right? The adolescent umbaran let out a sigh and looked to Thyrian expectantly from behind the mask, awaiting his instructions.

Stepping into the circular training room, Thyrian let his robes drop to the floor where he stood, revealing his sparring attire in the form of dark and earthly tones, light and flexible to move around in. Turning to face the adolescent man, he made a gesture for @[member="Xavier Vi'dreya"] to ready himself for the session. "That mask. Are you really thinking of training while wearing it?" Truth be told, he mostly asked because he wished to see the young man's face - he'd spent too long without being able to - but also because it was very impractical. There was no reason for Xavier to don the mask between the two of them, who would be spending a lot of time together in the near future. "If you wish to hide yourself from me, then this session is over", he put it bluntly. "I need to see the lessons I will teach you imprint on your mind, so that I know you learn from what I teach you. That, and you should be a man enough to face down your opponent."

Xavier sighed in frustration. Reaching up the youth undid the tie holding his mask in place and pulled it away. His face of course was pale, and relatively unscathed save the scar he'd received as a child, which had grown with him, still very visible, a entry point which led to all things he had unyielding hatred for. If [member="Thyrian Ashborn"] so desperately wished to see his face, he could. Xavier laid the mask down on a table out of the way as he stood waiting for further instruction. His icy blue gaze never left Thyrian, filled with agitation, and the slightest bit of excitement.

Thyrian did not see the angsty teenager upon his removal of his mask, but rather the tiny boy he would carry around on his shoulders. The thought made him smile briefly, until he was made aware of how long it had been since he last saw little Xavier. The hideous scar upon the boy's cheek made the Ashborn take a deep breath, as it served as the one imperfect feature of the youngster, much like his older sister. He'd never gotten over the fact that he once harmed his beloved, nor did he wish to; he required the sorrow and regret he'd always feel to keep his focus on protecting her from it happening to her again. It was his sole purpose.

"Good. You look ready." He spoke as a proud father would to his son, examining Xavier's face for any uncertainties. Eagerness was a good sign, although easily exploited by one's enemies. "Now: do you know the opening stance, young Master Vi'dreya? Show me."

[member="Xavier Vi'dreya"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom