Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prospecting the Rimma V - Dwarfs & Men

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Giant_zpspjdqj7ao.jpg
Prospecting the Rimma V - Dwarfs & Men
An Adventure: Now Full
___

Garden World, Athena II
Just outside Omega Space

___

Karen Roberts of Fondor was out prospecting again. Her journey along the Rimma Trade Route had taken her far out from her normally comfortable Omega space and into regions now colonial. Athena Two was one such colonial establishment. A large blue planet with two massive polar ice caps, north and south; and a wonderful forested expanse in between. It was mostly snowy vistas, golden plains, and endless evergreen trees. A terraformed wonderland just waiting to be explored.

The Athenians, a red skinned group of intelligent near-humans, held a few large cities here. Many having grown up in the space of hundreds of years near the ocean vistas. Indeed, even underground it appeared they had quite a few constructions and tunnel networks. Fabulously ingenious people. Wealthy and wise. They had firepower, large frigates, and even some elite, (and coloful), droid guardians too. An exotic mix for an exotic people. However, their numbers were far too small to actually control much of the territory outside their city's limits. It was a big planet after all. So no. They preferred to stay inside their walls and garden or tinker. Even when the snow was gone and summer was warm.

No. This planet belonged to the clear air and the high evergreen trees. With all it's strange wild creatures and rosy flocking birds. Only the crazy and the bold dared to venture out into the wilderness here. Out to where the Forbidden Temples once lay. Out to where the giants once roamed. Which? Was perfect for Karen Roberts of Fondor. Because she always considered herself something of both.

"R2? What are you doing back there? Are you running the bar? Where's Troy?"

~ / deep doop ?

"He's out running errands! And he left you in charge of the restaurant? That's ridiculous. Get out from back there immediately. Darn droids."

~ / weep woop (

"No. No buts. Once I find Troy, he'll get a good woopin' too. Trust me."

Karen leaned against the bar at the most popular tavern in town. The Twelve Trees. She had come looking for adventure and this was just the spot to start.

Now if she could only find where the owner had run off to? She had contracts about Dwarf women and naughty HK droids she was wanting to discuss.

___

[member="Karen Roberts"]

The man at the kiosk on the world starred at her as he looked down. The jedi knight looking up at him as her rainbow colored hair sparkled in the light and tri-colored eyes made a pretty scene to take in but he wasn't taking any of it as he spoke again. "I'm sorry kid but you can't buy this, it isn't for little kids and I am not going to get in trouble." She wanted to sputter and her tiny body was vibrating with frustration as the jedi tried not to yell... tried not to scream taking her ID out again and showing him. "But I am older then you human... look I am nine hundred years old." She flicked her ears to the side and revealed the points of them.

She was shaking and someone picked her up while the little jedi was being taken aside and some old matronly looking woman was starring down at her. "Now sweetie it isn't nice to be bothering people who are trying to work. Now stop lying and lets go and find your mother before I take you to officials." The woman picked her up while Quenladose was trying not to make more of a scene before she was speaking. "Fine you leave me no choice." She focused on the woman when they were in a more private area and spoke. "You want to put me down." She put her hand over the woman's head as the woman stopped and set her down.

"You want to forget you saw me." The woman started going away and Quenladose looked at her go while she blew some of her hair out of her face walking away. She felt something for a moment while she was running off to search for some of the dwarf women... at least with them she had a chance of being called average sized.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Outside the restaurant the cobblestone street was busy with people. Troy could only shrug,

"...Look, sorry Blue. But your droid knows how to run a bar. What can I say?"

Karen frowned,

"R2 is not a circus attraction Troy. So I would appreciate it if you didn't involve him in selling to the locals."

Troy sighed and nodded. He understood. Troy Frash was a human from Corellia who had stumbled upon this planet three years ago. Since then he's been making a tiddy profit running their visitor's establishment, his restaurant. The red-skinned locals loved the outsiders it brought and the strange food even more. Troy relented,

"Fine fine. Fair enough. You're visiting after all. Can't just swindle you and R2 into an adventure right away?"

Karen looked around the busy streets and waved the comment away,

"Actually Troy? I came to talk to you about the Dwarf inventors this planet has. I hear they might know a thing or two about the Netherworld?"

"Ah. The Rikkets. Yes. They are a bit short, aren't they? Mm. Anyway. There is a Rikket Shop just down the street from here. Old man and his daughter run the place. Mostly salvagers and iron workers, they are. Nothing special. But it's worth a shot. There aren't very many Rikkets who live in the city anymore. It's your best bet to start there."

Karen nodded to Troy and began looking at all the signs and banners hanging from the walkways. She could find it. A Rikket Shop. Fascinating.

"Thanks Troy. I'll head over right away. Do tell R2 to stop selling alcohol to the locals would you. I expect him back at the starport with the XR in less than an hour. Understand?"

"Ooo. Yes ma'am. I'll tell him. ...And erm. Good hunting Roberts. Try not to step on anyone this time, eh?"

"Pfft. These Rikkets better not be that short. Good grief."

Karen smirked and began her stroll down the street. Now it was time to find a Dwarf's workshop.

___

[member="Quenladose"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]

She kept going down the street and the small jedi was letting her robes keep her covered. The ankle length rainbow hair attracting some more attention from the others in the streets while she was looking around her tri-colored silver eyes looking over things as she thought for a moment there was a person with blue hair which seemed silly.... Who had blue hair? Says the rainbow haired space elf with three colored eyes..... Shut up she was speaking with herself before heading down the street to try and find someplace she could go itno and not be called a little kid. She was over nine hundred and they looked at her like she was a kid as she was coming into one of the stores and entered the workshop getting a look from the thick bearded short woman who reeked of alcohol but she got a smile still while she stood there. "This is a nice place." The woman nodded and welcomed her into talk about the inventory as she was happy to embellish.

[member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Quenladose"]

Yet another buisness trip, and best fun was always near the Omega border, cuz who ever didn't have fun near there? Jaster hated expeditions, they always made him queezy with the planets he was to visit. Now there was Athens 2 if he remembered the name of the planet. It being a neutral planet with no galactic goverment in place, Jaster company easily got their permits to carry weapons and explore the planets wildlife. Plus with the legends of weird things happening to people out there, Jasters men didn't feel safe unless they received a guide from the locals.

Jaster had no choice but to hire a local to guide them through the forest. From what he heard, there was a local Rikket that knew the forest pretty well. Compared to the majority of others that just warned him not to go in the forest. Jaster had blasters and soldiers and armor, unless it was an acid spitting monster, he was sure he could deal with it.

Now he was told that a local Rikkets bar was a big hang out for them, so that meant he had to go there, only problem, he was now lost.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Quenladose"]

Jaster was lost in the city and there was nothing she could do for him. However, that was better than being lost in the forests outside. At least here in the city limits you couldn't run into any Owlbears, Dire Panthers, or Centaur Droids. Nah. He'd be fine. ...Well? Mostly, fine. Every city has it's thieves.

___

Karen entered the large Rikket workshop deep in the center of town. It was decorated and hung like a clock shop. Bronze and tinkering, ticking metalworks everywhere. The stone floor was covered in woven mats of every color and it the windows were draped with wonderful tapestries. It was both a homely, and yet, rather annoying smithworks.

Roberts raised an eyebrow when she saw two occupants talking by the counter. The very, very small counter. Because both of these individuals were only about 120 centimeters tall, (4 feet).

"Oh my."

One of the Rikket's was a bearded female, dressed in brown leathers and white cotton. The other was a tiny Selphi with rainbow hair and robes down to her ankles. Oh. And she had a Force Presence too. What fascinating little people. Hm?

"Hello. Oh. Sorry to barge right in. I do hope I'm not interrupting anything?"

[member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Her attention shifted when someone came in, the conversation with the dwarf woman pausing as they looked to the newcomer with her tall stature and blue hair.. like really blue, like she was fairly certain if it was any bluer someone would be really sad somewhere and Quenladose stepped a little to the side of the counter to make space as she looked up with her eyes searching. This was the woman he had seen briefly she was certain but she didn't know her. The only person with blue hair she knew from reports, records and some things was someone suggesting they get a Roberts when seeking protectorate help once and then they had described her as tough with midnight blue hair and a helmet... but HK was to vague at times while she bowed. "Hello." She said it shifting with a small brush her hair to cover her ears and getting a smll bag of what she needed. Some line, some hooks and extra glow rods.

Jaster was lost, all he could find were little people walking in and out of what he would guess was a mechanic shop. Then again Jaster was no engineer, he was a scientist. He looked at the map where a few people pointed out the so called bar, though it wasn't there, it was just a street market and some housing.

This is when Jaster gripped it, it was possible that the people he was looking for possibly enjoyed drinks in the shop. Plus, he was told the person he was looking for was rather small. The people walking in and out of that place were small and looked as the description of what the other people were saying. So Jaster went in to take a look.

The people inside were quite small, the smallest Jaster had meet so far, it was rather odd as he tried not to step on others. He was 6 feet 4 inches and next to him, a female in the same workshop were the two largest people in there.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Quenladose"]

Jaster entered the workshop as Quenladose greeted the new arrivals. The Rikket woman behind the counter then gave a loud booming hello,

"Hello hello shoppers. Welcome to Becket's Workshop, my father's pride and joy. Here you will find all the best in Rikket merchandise and accessories. ...So!? I'm Emma. Emma of Anna of Lancaster. ...What can I get for everyone today?"

The small woman in brown leathers jumped up onto the counter top so the others could see her better. That way she was almost as tall as the humans in her store.

Karen walked up to the counter and placed her helm underneath her arm. She ignored the others as they were probably just window shopping,

"Well. Since you asked so nicely? I'm looking for a map out to the Athenian shine of the Besk Horadrim. I understand that a Netherworld Portal opened up there during the Cataclysm. So. I'd like to go take a look for myself. If you know what I mean."

The poor Rikket woman seemed baffled and ashamed. Nobody liked to mention that event.

"Oh. I'm sorry miss. You'll have to speak to my father about that one. He's the only Eldar who speaks of it. I'm sorry."

Emma turned her white shirt to face the others. Looking at Quen and Jaster with a sheepish nod,

"And you two? ...What are you here for?"

Quenladose looked at the man who entered and then at the woman who was speaking again as she bowed her head. "Oh the same just I am less vocal about it." She spoke in a soft voice that was audible but just that hint she could dissolve into a crowd and hide. Even with rainbow hair she was more then certain she could blend in with the shorter beings here... Maybe even disguise it as a beard for a time while she looked to the blue haired woman. "The lack of conversing from the locals is why I was going to head up and search. It might be safer as a group should the rift still be open and nasty things able to come through."

[member="Quenladose"] [member="Karen Roberts"]

Jaster looked confused a little as the small women addressed him, he was still trying not to injure people.

"Me?" Jaster questioned, "I'm just looking for a guide, me and my troopers are on a plant expedition and need help from some guides," Jaster slowly made his way to the bar, "I've got a group of people saying the best guide was here?"

Jaster was still quite curious as to how these people were able to survive in a dangerous forest, let alone be capable guides.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Quenladose"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Emma, the bearded dwarf woman of sass, looked at all gathered with pure disbelief. Did nobody come to buy anything? ...What crazy humans. She turned to Jaster and shrugged,

"This is a metalworker's shop? Whoever told you there was a forest guide here was crazy. We sell clocks, watches, dials, dunmers, drubs, cellphones, and other small gizmos. No forest guides here. That's for sure."

Karen held up a hand to interrupt,

"Pardon me Emma? But didn't you say your father could guide us to the Shrine?"

The bearded woman looked stunned. I suppose she did say that, didn't she.

"Well? Yes. I suppose my father was the best guide to the ancient ruins? But that certainly shouldn't be any of your concern. What does a group of offworlder's want from that dead place?"

Karen looked baffled herself. What were the odds that everybody was going the same exact place? Good grief.

"I'm a researcher with the Jedi Academy Network. I study Netherworld Phenomenon related to the Celestial Wanderer Akala. So when I heard that you had a Rift open here during the Rapture? ...Well. Let's just say I know what I'm looking for. And it could help keep your city much safer."

Emma waved the comments away. This was becoming silly.

"Whatever humans. And erm, ma'am." She nodded to Quenladose with inclusion, "You're all crazy to me. My father is in the workshop just through the door. Go bother him with your mystical nonsense. I just run the store."

Karen rolled her eyes and shrugged. Oh well. She ignored Emma as she went about her errands. Turning instead to the other patrons,

"Now. Excuse me for saying so but? ...Did I hear right that all of us are going to the Forest Ruins? What on earth do you people want out there? Such a journey is pure madness. Surely it must not be so?"

Roberts seemed baffled that anybody would be crazy enough to accompany her out into the dread wilderness.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jaster was confused on what a republic scientist was doin this far in the mid-rim. They were at war with the Sith, shouldn't they be developing weapons or something? Anyhow Jaster wasn't on any classified mission or anything so telling the women wasn't against any law of something.

"Im from Umbrella Interest, CEO and Lead Genetisist, we heard of some creatures and planets out there that have peaks our interest," Jaster followed her for a distance and then when she stopped, he continued to walk on, "though now that you spoke of a rift that opened up, some of the creatures have peaked my interest even more."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Karen Roberts"]

Quenladose looked at the bearded dwarf woman and bowed her head just a tip while keeping her hands in front of herself. She was listenign to Karen Roberts speak and set everything up to meet the father which would be a little more helpful then her plan of just being there and wandering around. She presented an even smaller figure while she moved to stand beside Karen and spoke. "Shall we go?" A smirk was on her face mostly because as she was looking upon it and the man starring with her tri-colored eyes that slightly would seem to spin before she finally blinked and turned towards the bearded woman. "I'll take some gizmo's and doodads for your trouble." She pulled out sme small credits and placed them on the table offering a small smile showing dainty incisors

Jsc

Disney's Princess

Jaster gave his reasons for being here. He was apparently a CEO and geneticist looking into plants. That made some sense. Every new planet has at least 30 million new species of plants to discover. He'd be busy indeed. Fancy enough, the little Adept woman with rainbow hair never bothered to explain herself at all. She was simply, tagging along. For whatever reason? Karen had no idea. Neither did she feel the need to press the small woman about. The Selphi woman would simply do as Selphi women did. Ya know. Whatever that was.

Karen shook her head in disbelief. I guess that was all the answers she was going to get. Oh my.

"Very well then. Let us proceed."

The blue-haired woman opened the workshop door and lead them into the grand back room. It was a large space with bronze machinery everywhere. Like a crowded textile factory or perhaps a plumber's nightmare. There were pipes all across the ceiling puffing steam and filling the air with sugary white vapors. Karen stumbled through the messy workshop and finally stumbled across a small man tinkering in the back. He stood upon a stool and smashed a tiny hammer across a mirror. Dashing the poor thing to pieces,

"Good heavens! What on earth is going on back here?" Karen quipped.

"What! Who goes there!?" The old man jumped and turned about.

He was a tiny thing. Wrinkled, huge glasses, and a long white beard. Tucked happily into his brown leather pants. He looked quite startled and his vision appeared even worse. Poor old fool couldn't see anything at all.

"Pardon us sir? Were are looking for Master Becket. The owner of this fine establishment. Would that be you, by any chance?"

"Yes. Yes. That's me. Grom-Becket of Grad-Tom of Fand-Brandy. A Rikket Loremaster and Seer. The finest of the fine and the best of the bestest, really. ...Now what do you want!? Gods in heaven, I'm ever so busy right now. Can't you see that you towering ox-woman?"

Karen was baffled at his loud booming voice. This poor old man sure loved to shout. Even with all the pipes hissing and the bronze machines blowing? She could still hear him just fine. Blind as a bat, yet a trumpet to the ear. Good grief.

Roberts took a step back and let the others introduce themselves. Perhaps Jaster or Quen would have better luck at talking with this old Dwarf than she was.

Jaster was turned around before Roberts tools the lead yet again, and Jaster followed as if nothing had happened. He didn't need to mention that he was again lost in a small area, the again, that what he needed a guide. So he follows to the great room where the old man sat.

He insulted the lady, he couldn't help himself, he smiled and chuckled a little when the old man called her an Ox-Women. Not very often when a small man gets to yell at a taller lady. As a Mandalorian he felt it was his duty to laugh at the odd situration at hand. Though he would have to introduce himself.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Jaster Awaud, I'm with her for the moment, carry on, don't mean to interrupt this lovely show."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Karen Roberts"]

Quenladose looked at the woman was they were going to meet and man and listened to the other man with a small tight lipped smirk on her face. She was listening to both of them while seeing the other man now. They introduced themselves and she waited her turn until Jaster was done before she stepped forward and bowed her head. Offering a better smile before she spoke with her voice coming out lightly almost like she was whispering but it was clear. "I am Quenladose of the jedi." She said it but didn't indicate what order now that several were around the galaxy, she had seen few people understood what the difference was between them.. and often the sith they just saw different color sabers. "Thank you for having us." She stepped back and offering an ideal look allowing her hair to frame around her face and a small bang came in front of her eyes.

Jsc

Disney's Princess

The old Dwarf adjusted his glasses. He frowned at Jaster for being so tall and nodded with content at Quenladose for being so polite. It was clear he instantly appreciated a woman of his own height. Karen sighed and gave a shrug. It appeared he was just a grumpy old Dwarf. Erm... Rikket.

"Yes. Of course. Thank you for having us." Karen attempted to echo,

"Nonsense! I haven't allowed you anything. You simply stumbled into my workshop of your own accord. Frustrating nonsense, really. And only the elf has any manners. Hrumph!"

Karen looked at Quen. Did he just call her an 'Elf'?

"Master Becket. Please. We came looking for a guide to the Horadric Shrine out in the Athenian Forest. Your daughter mentioned you might know the way?"

"That old mess? Why on earth would... Nevermind. You humans are ridiculous. Why do I even bother. ...Now listen up oxen. And you too, my colorful lass. That shrine is cursed. Cursed by the Giants of Old. The Yimnar people. ...Ooo. Yes. Yes. Terrible and blood thristy they are. ...Or, were. All dead now. ...Anyway. I won't take you. Too dangerous."

He stroked his beard and stuffed it further down the front of his pants,

"Now. Now. However? I'd be happy to sell you nice ox-people a map for one million credits? Mm. How's that sound?"

Karen's face grew white. Did he just say: 1 million credits!? You could by three X-Wing's for that!?

Jaster quite smirking when he was called and Oxen, he wasn't that tall was her? Anyways the old man seemed just as grumpy as a Nexus who wasn't feed, so Jaster didn't intend to speak until he calmed down. Then he just kept calling people names, some seemed weird to Jaster as he didn't know what an "elf" was. Jaster didn't really have much of a childhood as he was trained to be a worrier since he could walk.

Finally they got somewhere though, the man offered a map, and such a cheap price as well. Only a million credits for possibly the only map to lead Jaster and his crew to a Neatherworld Infested Forest. If Jaster could senthices just one herbal plant, he could get a military contract worth 10x as much. Really wasn't a debate to Jaster, just how did he want the credits.

"Sure, 1 million credits seems fair, would you like that in hard credits or transfer?"

Jaster wasn't much of a bargaining man, and Neather products were so untested and an untouched market, why would he argue the price of a gamble.

Quenladose continued to watch the man as he was speaking ans she listened to him talking about the humans and herself... then offering a million credits that the one was prepared to pay as she didn't turn her head... but she also was used to word traps and ways to dangle or string along. Also the man didn't even attempt to haggle with the man as she didn't speak just yet only bowed looking around the room with the force. "Thank you for the warning, we shall be careful and should we die I am certain our belongings will be useful as compensation to ease your burden at sending us up there into the unknown."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom