Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prologue: Desert Meditation

A JEDI'S DESCENT: PATH OF DARKNESS
PROLOGUE, DESERT MEDITATION
A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...
ON THE DESERT PLANET OF TATOOINE, LIVES A TROUBLE YOUNG PADAWAN, CHARLYRA ARAANO. WHERE FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS SHE HAS TRIED HER BEST TO RECONCILE THE DARKNESS WITHIN HER. IN THE HOPES OF ONE DAY REJOINING THE ORDER SHE WAS RAISED TO SERVE. CHARLYRA'S LIGHT-SIDED POWERS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN TO DETERIORATE. LEAVING THE PADAWAN VULNERABLE TO ATTACKS AND SUSCEPTIBLE TO THE DARK SIDE. AS IT WOULD HAPPEN, TWO MEMBERS OF THE DARK JEDI ORDER HAVE RECENTLY ARRIVED ON TATOOINE. WITHOUT A WAY TO CONCEAL HER FORCE AURA, CHARLYRA KNOWS IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY FIND HER...
As the binary suns begins to set over Mos Eisley, casting their shadows over the barren world. Charlyra wrapped her scarf around her face. More importantly around her scars, preventing any from noticing or at least suspecting her of having any ounce of physical imperfection. Her vanity had been all she had left these days. Her shadow fallen against the sand, as she trudged closer toward the spaceport. Her land speeder, a rental, was in need of repair. She managed herself into the flow of traffic and almost immediately detected the presence of two powerful figures. Sensing the force wasn't unusual around Tatooine and it's history for attracting such creatures, but the power that she was sensing was higher than your average user.

She patted herself down to ensure she had enough credits. Charlyra had been at times either a translator for the Jawas, or eliminating the more aggressive of the Sand People when they strayed too close to certain homes. Other times she'd simply been doing odd jobs, whatever would pay her decent work and wouldn't make her feel anymore useless than she already felt. The last three years had been more about coming to terms with her past, perhaps, even reconciling with it.

Once traffic resumed she made her way to the stall, and began speaking with a local. "Three days? Three days to repair this?" She asked the mechanic and then saw the look on his face, he'd make it four just for her pushing about it. "Fine." She supposed she'd earned some time for herself anyway. Pulling down her cloak to conceal as much of her arms as possible, Charlyra paid the mechanic his worth and went about her way.

The winds, soften by the sheer shape of Mos Eisley swept underneath her cloak giving it a small hover above the sand. Keeping her head low, she managed her way into a local hangout.The Winking Womp Rat, where food, gambling, drinking and dancing were being had and all she wanted to do was rest. The trek into Mos Eisely was always exhaustive but even more so when she had to deal with sand getting into her arms. While her arms were the finest of Republic make as of nearly five years ago, they weren't made to withstand the treacherous sands of Tatooine. They were meant for the prim and proper life of a member of the Jedi Council. "Everyone on that council has earned their seat, ten fold, don't forget that Lyra." Master Ra'alon would tell her after she'd complain about their gabber.

"Lorrsi." Charlyra greeted the duros man as she saddled up to the bar. "Four nights."

"Good, it's the last room I've got and I'd rather have you in it, you manage to get rid of those sand folk?"

Charlyra grimaced, "mostly - but the speeder gave out and I wasn't able to go any further without it." Handing him her credit chip, "tell me you've got some of your brother's bread still left."

He nodded in acknowledgement and returned her credit chip, "I'll let boss man know." Lorrsi smirked and told her with pride. "Fresh batch, I'll get your meal ready - 'eres your milk."

Oh, a nice cold glass of blue milk. Charlyra relaxed the moment it hit the back of her throat, so much so that she hadn't realized just who had walked into the Winking Womp Rat.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Tempest"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Charlyra Araano"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tatooine was a planet quite unlike most Tempest had seen. The jungles and veldt of her native Dahomey had always teamed with life and danger, whilst later Kaeshana, Tygara and Arkas had been more full of life. Even the deserts of the Qadiri had never felt this empty.

And yet Tatooine was the graveyard of empires. Every faction from Republic to Sith to CIS had come here at some point over the centuries. Eventually they had all vanished, leaving just ruins and bones in the white-hot desert heat.

As Tempest walked through the dusty streets, Siobhan beside her, she was definitely starting to feel the heat. It was the dryness that did it, she was used to damp and humid, but this binary furnace was too much even for her.

“Let’s get a drink. Our target isn’t planetside yet anyway,” she told Siobhan. Her eyes found a cantina sign.

The Winking Womp Rat. Inventive name, Tempest thought as she headed for it. Dressed in civilian clothes with some concealed light armour and her lightsabre hidden, the Dahomian looked like a regular spacer. Except for the shock of white hair of course. That couldn’t be helped.

She paused at the doorway, hesitating a moment. “I…sense something inside. Someone,” she said, frowning. There was a definite Force signature inside. Weak, but present.

[member="Charlyra Araano"], [member="Tempest"]

A hot, dry wind blew fiercely over the sand-covered ground, whipping up a choking column of dust into the air like a shroud. The desert planet's twin suns shined brightly, emanating intense heat across the wretched hive that was Mos Eisley. Outside of the buildings, there was no protection from the scorching rays of the two venomous orbs. The heat could almost be described as scalding. The sound of the wind's howl echoed across the street. Sand crunched under Siobhan's combat boots when she approached the bar.

A bandana was wrapped around her head tightly to give her some protection against the grit. Her scarred face was coated in sweat and she ran a hand through her firemane, which felt like it was really in the need of a good wash and some expensive shampoo. Unlike Tempest, Siobhan had been on Tatooine before, though those were not times she'd liked to remember. What with almost dying whilst saving Coryth from a terrible fate. Beating the crap out of Xerexes and torturing him had been good times though. It was a pity she hadn't been able to make him suffer more.

The Dark Master gave Tempest a curt nod, having likewise felt the need for a reprieve from the boiling furnace. "Agreed. Goddess, I hate this sodding planet," she grunted. As it happened, the first bar they came across was the Winking Womp Rat! Since Tatooine was a far cry from the refined Eldorai courts and they weren't about to enter battle yet, Siobhan was unusually dressed down and could probably pass well enough as a spacer. A well-oiled bolt pistol was strapped to her hip, emanating powerful 'I'm a tough queen, don't mess with me' vibes the way only an oversized hand cannon could.

Tempest's following words gave her pause though. "I sense it, too," she said thoughtfully. "There's a Forcer in there. Doesn't feel strong. Keep your eyes open. This may be a problem or an opportunity."

Having said that she entered the bar, which was filled with the usual collection of riff-raff, never-do-wells, scoundrels and desperate souls down on their luck. None of these categories of sentient beings were mutually exclusive. Grit covered the bare ferrocrete floor and the lighting was haphazard. The assembled clientele nursed their mostly alcoholic drinks. Some of them were undoubtedly hatching grandiose get rich schemes that would definitely allow them to escape this dive, or they were trying to con naive moisture farmers. Some of the patrons in the booths shot the two strangers looks. Suffice to say, Siobhan and Tempest's auras were enough to deter them from trying something untoward at this stage.

Siobhan sauntered into the bar with the commanding air and arrogance of a woman who knew she had power and saw no reason to hide it. Even if she was dressed as your typical scoundrel, walked with a strong limp and leaned on a cane. Her eyes swept across the bar as she stretched out with the Force. The presence she'd felt earlier was still weak, but calling to her like a beacon inside a sea of mundanity. "That girl drinking over there," she spoke to Tempest via a telepathic brush against her mind.

Lorrsi returned with a rather average meal, but average for some meant luxurious for others. Charlyra thanked the duros for his work, and set about her meal. The Winking Womp Rat was nothing to write home about, the structure barely past building code and most of their patrons most likely had some sort of criminal background. Lorrsi and his brother Ealon didn't care, so long as people paid and didn't destroy what was barely a bar to begin with. The counter at which Charlyra was saddled up to was made from scrapped speeders, a thin sheet of transparisteel laid atop to provide some manner of stability.

The brunette could feel two strong force users within the bar itself, but did her best to pay no mind to it. She hoped, for one of two things the first was to be left alone. On the surface of her thoughts she wanted nothing to do with the force and her previous life, but beneath that laid her second wish. Finding a reason to leave Tatooine, a reason that was more than the fact that she could scarcely afford to pay the port fee to keep Master Ra'alon's ship in place and was heavily considering scrapping or selling the vessel.

A reason that meant something, a reason that was worthy of her salvation, or even redemption.

Dim lighting and terrible hues of purple and blue did little more than provide some manner of atmosphere. She turned her head just to her left to perhaps catch one of the two force users. She managed to see a firey haired woman but turned just as quickly away. Turning back to her meal, with luck they would be done with whatever it was they had to do, and leave.

Without luck, well.

Charlyra would have to be quick on her feet and find a way out of the situation.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Charlyra Araano"]

Tempest glanced over and nodded at the brunette at the counter. She wasn’t exactly an expert at spy games, but on the other hand, she did recognise the issue.

They had no intel on the girl at the bar. It was entirely possible that she was a rogue Jedi, but she might be something else entirely. Her aura felt relatively light sided, but tended on neutral.

Going over to her might prompt a fight or flight response, especially if both of them went, the girl might feel trapped.
Alternatively they could follow her. Of course, they could just let it be, but the girl was tempting. There was something intriguing about the young woman’s demeanour.

‘I can go over and see her. You know, find out some intel, don't want to spook her,’ she replied the same way.

Even after all this time she saw Siobhan as her Mistress still and listened to her advice when they were together. A mark of respect, or possibly more.

"Good thinking, dear. I'll go have a drink," Siobhan responded over the telepathic radio. It was useful to to keep your conversations covert. Or keep your comm bill down if you were able to use it for long-distance communication.

She gave Tempest a kiss, then limped over to one of the booths in the corner. It would give her a good view of other guests and maintain line of sight with Tempest and the strange, yet intriguing girl. "Barkeep, whiskey please. Strong," she ordered authoritatively and sat down, putting her cane aside.

Soon she had her drink, but it did not take long for one of the never-do-wells to try and make her acquaintance. He was dressed like the stereotypical scoundrel and had the typical arrogant swagger of his kind, which indicated a man trying to compensate for his failings.

"Hey, sweetheart. I can't take my eyes off that hot body of yours," he leered, giving her a lecherous look as he mentally undressed her. Siobhan crinkled her nose and suppressed the urge to give him pointers on personal hygiene. Or roll her eyes at the pileup of cliches. "Wanna buy some deathsticks? Discount, just for you. Whaddaya say, you and me go have some fun?"

Siobhan sipped her glass and considered crushing his manhood. "You don't want to sell me deathsticks," she said flatly, her tone dripping with haughtiness and disdain. Seriously, who the hell thought calling your drugs 'deathsticks' was a good idea?

"I...don't want to sell you any deathsticks," the dealer stammered. Siobhan's use of mentalism was rather crude and lacked subtlety, but it was enough to sway a weak-minded philistine and get him out of her way.

"And you're too pathetic to ever touch me. You want to go out into the desert."

"I want to go out into the desert! It's hot there," the man looked pained as these words left his lips, but then got to his feet and quickly scurried out of the bar. No one paid hm any mind. Siobhan sipped her drink and contemplated the fact that her dry skin really needed moisturising.

Charlyra kept her focus on her meal, which by this point was nearly done. Rolling her shoulders back the motors that maintained the connection to her arms whirred slightly. She was on her second glass of blue milk, and thanking Lorrsi for the bit of sweet bread he was sliding her way. An indulgence to say the least, the duros looked across the little bar surveying it. He didn't like the vibe coming from the two strangers - non regulars to his establishment.

So long as they didn't cause any trouble, he was fine, mostly.

The bar seats on either side of Charlyra emptied out, her paranoia now worked up a few notches. She shifted uncomfortably on the stool, finishing off the second glass of blue milk. "I'm good Lorrsi." She told the keep who had just come back around from delivering whiskey to one of the two strangers.

"You wanna head down to your room, or you got business?" He asks wiping down the counter.

"Business, but I'll be back in later tonight. What's the room number?"

The duros moved to another part of the counter and came back with a security card. "21B."

"Oh, the deep dark corner room." She cooed taking the card, "thank you, Lorrsi."

The young woman remained at the counter, taking out a data pad from her satchel that laid hidden beneath her cloak. Reading up on one errand or another. Her hood and cloak having now shifted with her movements to reveal her softer features. Dark hair protruded from the hood. She was focused on the pad, scrolling through it with her hands.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Whilst Siobhan ‘handled’ the attentions of an unwanted intruder, Tempest took a deep breath.
Although it most definitely not trying to pick up someone in a bar…it kind of felt like it. The fact that the girl at the bar was pretty attractive, well, that just made it even more awkward.

What did one say in this case? ‘Hey baby, want me to show you the Force?’ probably gave the entirely wrong impression. ‘Have you considered inviting the Goddess Ashira into your life?’ Probably that would also not go over well.

It felt like a good fifty yards of open space, but it was ten times less in reality as she walked over and took a seat beside the girl.

“Hi there, I’m Tempest. Do you have a moment to talk?” A good enough start, though she wasn’t entirely sure what she’d do if the girl flat-out turned her down.

Verily, the Goddess Ashira could make everyone's life better. While Tempest mustered up the courage to try and talk to the strange girl, Siobhan was sipping her drink and watching from afar. To make it seem less obvious that she was observing, she was seemingly engrossed in a datapad she'd removed from her backpack.

As a matter of fact, she was presently browsing one of the magazines she'd subscribed to. Miss Tygara was truly a gourgeous beauty, though Siobhan was quite certain the elf had used ear extenders. However, she still kept a keen eye on her apprentice, ready to step in if there was trouble. Her bolt pistol, concealed under the table, was in ready if things turned rough in the bar and necessitated the use of heavy firepower.

So far, their target had not arrived on Tatooine yet. Sergeant Solveig and some Firemane minions were keeping watch on the Mos Eisley spaceport though. Outside a strong wind blew across the town, throwing up clouds of sand and dust. It was getting quite intense.

((Since right now the convo's between Tempest and Charlyra, you two don't need to wait on me :) .))

Her eyes drew up from the data pad but did not look over toward the stranger who had saddled up beside her. Charlyra debated the answer, it should be relatively simple but she wondered how close to the fire she should play. Cheeky, or no? Clever, or sardonic - well those lines tended to blur these days. Exhaling with a soft sigh, perhaps if she played it safe this stranger and their friend would be off on their way. After all, it wasn't as if force users came in bulk on Tatooine. "Perhaps." The brunette played it smooth as she set her data pad down on the counter and turned to face the stranger, a woman, by the looks of things. "How might I assist you and your friend?"

She gestures with her head in the direction of the firey redhead.

Lorrsi kicked the jukebox a few times, and music sprang up bringing the little bar to life. Clouding any conversation she could have from being overheard. "After all, it's not everyday Mos Eisley sees two powerful auras such as yourselves."

Charlyra gives a once over toward the redhead, sizing her up before turning her attention back to the woman beside her.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest felt very slightly bereft. Her careful allusions to the Force and the girl’s own aura were suddenly shot down.
“We’re here on unrelated business,” she managed to say to buy time.

“We sensed your presence in the Force, and were curious about you. You have great potential, but I’m guessing you don’t have a master. If you wanted one, I could complete your training. Were you a Jedi? We are not, but we are allied to the Silver Jedi.”

“I’m sorry if it comes off sudden, but we are always looking for talented people to join our ranks. You may have heard of us, Firemane Industries and Technology…well, we’re a corporation which finds the best people, trains them, and then uses them to best effect whilst not screwing them over.”

“Are you interested, in theory anyway?”

[member="Tempest"], [member="Charlyra Araano"]

The fiery redhead saw the girl tilt her head towards her and could not resist giving her a wink. After all, the brunette was quite cute, though it was evident that her life had been the opposite of sugar and lollipops.

Then again, the same could be said about Siobhan and Tempest. It was difficult to hear much since a couple musicians were making plenty of nosie and various scoundrels were conversing, but Siobhan picked up the gist of the conversation when the Dahomian made her recruitment pitch.

She took a gulp of her whiskey, savouring the taste upon her tongue, and smiled slightly. Tempest was a bit awkward sometimes, but she'd grown a lot when compared to the newly emancipated, frightened slave she and Tegaea had rescued on Dahomey. Thinking about this caused Siobhan to feel a swell of pride for the younger woman. She thought about coming over, but decided against it, waiting to see the girl's reaction.

If she reacts positively, bring her over to me, she broadcast over the telepathic radio. Casually she checked her chronometre. There was still some time before their informant was expected to arrive. Siobhan sniffed a bit. She really needed a shower after this. Her firemane had soaked up sweat lie a sponge did water.

At least this woman was up front and honest, no sales pitch, no reasons other than the obvious. Charlyra placed her data pad into her satchel and looked at the woman beside her. Pursing her lips as she decided the best way to answer this. "Were." Would be the appropriate and automated response to most people who sought her past or made a guess of . Silver Jedi, Rogue Jedi all were Jedi's who failed the Order in one way or another. She supposed that she belonged to either group, really, she had fared no better than hey, obviously.

"That is certainly one way of pitching it." A neutral statement at best, her pride did swell - they hadn't come here for her but were still able to sense her aura. Pitiful fool she chided internally, "and no, I haven't heard of your... Company, my life had concerned a direct set of events prior to my arrival on Tatooine." Charlyra's kept her head down ever since. She turned with her back to the other stranger facing this one completely, still in her stool.

"In theory." She began her statement, "let's just say I would be somewhat grateful for the chance to refine my skills."

Then there's long, pregnant pause as she slides down from her stool. "May the force be with you."

Charlyra bowed toward this woman and then another in the direction of the redhead, before heading out of the Winking Womp Rat.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
“May Ashira…no…may the Force be with you. Here, take this, if you want to discuss more…call us.” Tempest handed over a data card with hers and Siobhan’s details on as the girl left.

She let out a long breath. That had gone extremely poorly, not helped by her awkwardness. May Ashira guide you…I’m turning into an Eldorai, and I blame you,’ she commented to Siobhan grumpily via telepathy.

However, she had little time to consider matters because at that moment her commlink beeped.

She gestured Siobhan over. “It’s Freya, our ‘friend’ has just touched down at the spaceport. We better head there.”

She tossed some credits to the Duros on the bar and strode back out into the heat.

[member="Tempest"], [member="Charlyra Araano"]

Siobhan watched the scene and saw the girl depart into the binary furnace that were the streets of Mos Eisley. She sended Tempest's grumpiness and felt a bit bemused. "Excellent. Everything is going as planned. I think you'd make a lovely Eldorai. I'd pay for you to undergo surgery and get nice, pointed ears," she projected into the Dahomian's mind via Force radio, getting up from her seat to cross the distance to the Dahomian.

However, Siobhan's evil plan to turn Tempest into a goddess-fearing Ashiran would have to wait because duty called. "Good," she said as she walked out into the heat. The wind was blowing up sand and she raised her gloved hand to shield her eyes, adjusting her bandana a bit to protect herself from the grit.

Briefly, she caught a glimpse of the girl who'd just turned down Tempest. Perhaps their paths would cross again, perhaps not. She spared her a glance, then turned away. "Right, let's go raise some hell," she spoke quietly to Tempest and stalked off in the direction of the spaceport. Time skip seemed imminent.

Three days until her speeder would be repaired. Means three days of keeping herself busy, occupied or otherwise out of trouble. Lorrsi and his brother were good to her as they always were. Still, her mind weighed heavily upon her. At first, the thoughts of leaving Tatooine were small like small pricks upon your skin. Then they grew into lesions, like an abscess feeding off of her self doubt. On the first day in Mos Eisley she spent time out and about, helping local merchants and moisture farmers. She meditated in the desert, the planet's binary suns burning around her as her cloak did well to soak up most of the heat.

She dug deep within to channel the light, channel anything really.

Nothing.

Her mind and her heart were too distraught, confused by the offer given to her from the strange woman and her associate.

Were you a Jedi?

Past tense. It stung deeper than the woman would have intended, Charlyra's face contorted with pain and disgust as she left her meditation in the desert for the coolness of the caves. Her white cloak fluttering in the wind as she moved it up around her face to block against the sand. Once she reached the shades of a local cavern she was able to find refuge atop a few rocks. There she took a seat and began to meditate once more concentrating on the small objects around her. She'd seen many on Tython manipulate them with the force and at the time she paid them no mind, after all she had been the best lightsaber duelist there.

Such pride.

The darkness of the cave, brings her comfort, as she closes her eyes and once more begins to meditate.

Were you a Jedi?

It rings in her mind again, agitating her. Were. You. A. Jedi?

Yes. She answers to herself, but what did that mean - it meant the self explanatory, were. Past tense, meaning no longer. Would you forsake your order? She asks herself, as her agitation grows. I would never forsake them. Then her answer should be simple, or so Master Ra would tell her.

After all these years, have I taught you nothing? She swears she can hear him, she knows it's silly, a silly thing to imagine from a silly girl, and yet she decides perhaps if she responds there might be a reply from her late master.

You taught me that there is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no-.

So, I see my teachings have done nothing more than to slip between your ears.

Master?

While, I ... enforced the code while you were still but a young padawan. I was, wrong to have forced it as I had. As you grew, I thought perhaps there could be another way. Do you recall the time we spent studying Jedi history?

Yes.

Our code, the Jedi Code the one we often rely on is only a version of the code. There is in fact another way of interpreting it, emotion yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet serenity, Chaos yet harmony, finally Death yet the force. Before I left your side, I meditated on this and it's meaning. Charlyra, you are a Jedi and a passionate one, but perhaps the Order as we know it - is not fit for you.

No. It was I who was not fit to become a Jedi, Master. I was the one who failed you.

Nonsense, Charlyra. You could no more stop Saprus than I, and I was your master. It was my fault for dragging you into a personal affair. I, failed you.

Had, I been stronger YOU WOULD STILL BE HERE!

My child, grieve me if you must, but know that no matter the hour, the day or the minute my death was inevitable but you, you were always meant for something greater than I. I was a stubborn fool so set in his ways, Charlyra, meditate on today's events and look within yourself. You need not exile yourself, any longer.

MASTER!

Just as he had come, he was gone. Charlyra was left in tears, her throat could not make a sound as her sorrow left her face and touched upon the dusty rocks beneath her. Her face contorted once more but into a sadness, bereft. She had not mourned him before, in fact part of her had denied his death despite having witnessed it first hand. Don't leave me. She pleaded her eyes squeezed shut while she tried to steady her breathing. Taking in a deep breath, she decided that she'd had enough meditation for one day.

She headed back to the Winking Womp Rat in tears, Lorrsi offered a cup of warm milk but Charlyra would have none. Instead, she went straight to her room and fell onto the bed, curling into a ball.

Day two, she awoke with a throbbing headache. She hadn't eaten, and was about to walk out of her room when Lorrsi's brother met with her. He gave her a tray of food, some of their finest in fact. Cheeses, meats, bread and milk. They were terribly concerned but had not wished to intrude. Charlyra thanked him and retreated back into her room. She needed an introspection, time to look within herself but first she needed a bath, and a change of clothing and perhaps music from the cantina.

When her spirits were lifted by the regulars of the Womp Rat, and after her bath, Charlyra returned to her room. There she meditated once more, to find the answers she had been seeking. Her master's words taunted her, emotion yet peace. Ignorance yet knowledge. She repeated the rest of this code, and wondered why her master would tell her this now, had she been so distraught by these Silver Jedi or non-Jedi as she simply preferred to call them. So distraught that she had woke the spirit of her former master? Former.

She opened her eyes and stood up, thinking perhaps a walk would be best.

Walking out onto the desert sands that felt more like a convection oven, the brunette drew up her hood and walked toward the market. Hands within their keep next to her body. Her lightsaber clanked against her plasteel leggings. She watched as a child and their teacher argued and she smiled. Charlyra recalled a memory of her Master, when they were first meeting on Coruscant. Masters who selected from Clan Wulfsmaw were masters who were up for a challenge, they use to say. Ones who wanted to mold a fine Jedi Knight or Battlemaster, for very few Wulfsmaw pups were little else, even her own pack proved that where only three of the ten were not aggressive little things eager for blood.

"You're not very strong are you?" Master Ra asks as he looks at the young Charlyra.

Charlyra growled. "I might not be the strongest of my clan, but I am the best!"

She went in to attack, Master Ra stopped her with ease but he laughed, oh how he laughed. "You are a tenacious young one, aren't you?"

"You got that one, but I will prove to you that I am the best!" Charlyra retorted still trying to get a swing on Ra.

"Ha, ha!" He laughed and let her go, offering a hand. "How would you like for me, to train you?"

Her eyes went wide, mouth dropped. "You want me, to be your padawan?"

"That I do." Ra replied, "allow me to introduce myself. I am Master Ra'alon."

"I- I would be honored, please, yes, thank you!" Charlyra fumbled as she flushed and did her best to remember proper etiquette.

She was now approaching one of the stalls in the market, her heart warmed by the memory of her master. Charlyra decided to procure a gift for herself, a trinket as one might call it. A little figure of a Trooper, it was hand painted and looked much like the old Republic Trooper. She pressed a button and it made a sound, no, it said something. "I'm Commander Shepard of Havoc Squad!" Charlyra turned the toy over and looked to her left she spotted a young girl.

Getting up she walked toward her. "Here."

She handed the toy off, and walked away. Passion, yet serenity. The phrase cropped up into her mind as she wandered around the spaceport, watching and observing people. Perhaps, there could be a balance, a balance between the light and the dark. As she walked toward a street vendor selling crisped meats, she thought of her home world. Chandrila. Where they lived in more rural communities, and co-existed with the environment. In all things, there must be a balance, and so then there must and should be a balance within the force.

Charlyra purchased her meat snack and went on her way, heading back toward the Winking Womp Rat.

Chaos yet order, Death yet the force.

As she chewed along the crisp edges of the meat and allowed the salty and gamey flavors to seep into her taste buds. She thought on the meaning of the words spoken by her master. How this perhaps related to the offer given to her by the non-Jedi. Which brought up another question in her mind, how does one train in the force if one is not either Jedi or Sith? Are there neutral places, obviously - since she'd been solicited to join one such place.

The crackling of deep fried animal skin moved around her mouth as she finished off her snack.

Would I forsake my order?

She thought to herself as she walked back into the cantina, and saddled up at the bar for a cup of blue milk. Her eyes were vacant, deep within thought even after two glasses of milk. Charlyra's mind still occupied by yesterday's events as she walked down to her room. She set aside her lighsaber, her cloak and utility belt. Taking off her gloves she was instantly reminded of her sins, metallic hands and as Charlyra took a look at herself in the mirror. The visual scars of force lightning, the glistening of metal that laid beneath her skin. There to taunt of her of her failure, of what she had failed to do.

Closing her eyes, Charlyra knew better than to continually blame herself. Master Ra had told her, that there was no way she could have prevented his death. It brought her little comfort. Opening her eyes, she looked at herself in the mirror and saw the darkness within her. She foresaw the traditional Sith clothing, the dark cloaks, the breather mask and reddening of her eyes.

Still troubled, are we?

Yes, master.

I told you, Charlyra.

I know but I miss you, Master. I need you, your words and guidance now more than ever. I have never felt so lost in my life.

My dearest child, you are the greatest at burying yourself with guilt, aren't you? Come now, you know the answers already. You know in your heart that I will always be with you. Don't you? I have told you, you needn't exile yourself any longer. Look at me, Charlyra.

Master?

You are remarkable, you will overcome. I know you will, just remember who you are Charlyra, daughter of Anisma. Child of Clan Wulfsmaw, and Ammee's beloved, my padawan.

Master.

Just look deep within yourself, inside your heart and you will find all the answers you seek.

But I-

The journey will not be easy, but you know that already.

Master, I have forsaken you how can I go on with the Order?

Charlyra, you have never forsaken me. Look deep into your heart, and remember all that has brought you here. Know that you can be better, you are better, child.

Master...

Look at me, Lyra. I love you as if you were my own child, and how could I not? You were all a Master could have asked for, look into your heart and remember me, know that I will never be gone. I will always be with you, Lyra.

Charlyra looked away tears once more had filled her, as she sat on the ground. Tear stained eyes as she looked behind her and saw her lightsaber. Getting up from the ground she took it into her hand, and then dug around her satchel. She was going to retrieve Master Ra's saber from his vessel, the one parked here in Mos Eisley and reforge it into a second shoto. Shaking herself of sadness, Charlyra knew now she could not exile herself any longer and if these Silver Jedi as it were, were offering a way off of Tatooine...

Bolting out of the room she headed up the stairs and out of the Winking Womp Rat. She ran as fast as her constitution would allow, heading back to Ra's old vessel. There she stopped to breathe, to feel his memories on this ship, to remember him and all their journeys together. Charlyra hadn't even noticed that she was without her cloak. Her eyes were wide open as she walked straight to his room, and took his lightsaber out. She ran out looking for the nearest work bench, finding it in the cargo hold she set about reworking the saber with crystals that had been in her old room. She licked her lips in anticipation as she worked the mechanisms.

When she had finished, she held up the blade and used the force to summon her other blade. Charlyra marched straight into the training room and began to work with both blades. Tapping into her Jar'Kai and Ataru forms the brunette began to work into a rhythm, a sense of pride and resolution started to make its way through her. The ways of Jedi Guardians and Knights returned to her memory, there in a place of solace and understanding she found within herself. The answers she already knew, to accept the offer from the Silver Jedi and to leave Tatooine. The old Defender-class light corvette might have new life in it after all.

Charlyra spent the rest of the day and night aboard the vessel, training, meditating and preparing herself.

Day three, Charlyra returned to the Winking Womp Rat.

She went down to her room and put on her utility belt, and sheathed in both sabers. Ripping the sleeves off of her cloak she looked herself in the mirror once more. Now she saw a balance between the darkness and the light. A peace where she can exist within both sides of the force, to reconcile the war that had been brewing within. While she had not completely forgiven herself, she had started to accept that perhaps her Master's death could not have been prevented.

A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips, thank you, father.

Back at the counters of the Winking Womp Rat, she saddles up to the bar and orders her usual glass of milk. She waits for her speeder's repairs and flips the holocard in her hand. Firemane Industries and Technologies, Charlyra muses to herself what might lay ahead for her now that she's finally chosen to come out of her own self exile.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Three days.

Three days of sand, heat and danger. As she’d taken cover in the sand dunes and rocks of Tatooine, Tempest had continued to realise she hated this planet. Still, they had a job to do.

Their contact, a weaselly Neimodian, had come to them because it was well known that Firemane paid money for information on slavers and pirates, and then offered to protect informants. In this case, the accountant from one such small-time gang had come to them and offered information in exchange for protection and resettlement. And credits of course. Needless to say the credits were the biggest reason!

Naturally, pirates were not well disposed to those who were ‘snitches’, especially to people who were hunting them, and so they’d been forced to protect their turncoat from a series of clumsy assassination attempts.

Information had been given, and a pirate base located in the Jundland Wastes had been mapped. All that was needed now was to break it up. Of course, to stop the slavers liquidating the stock, it had been necessary to split things up a bit.
Tempest had led a covert operation which had infiltrated and secured the slave pens whilst Siobhan had smashed her way through the front. That was not creative license either, the compound had a very large hole in its wall now.

And so, exhausted, thirsty and dirty, Tempest was starting to doze off in the gunship when they touched down.

It was at that moment her commlink buzzed with a message. Looking at it blearily, her eyes widened.

She handed it to Siobhan. “Hey, it’s the Padawan we met in Mos Eisley. You want to take it?” she asked.

Tempest was aware she’d not exactly covered herself in glory last time. Perhaps Siobhan would have a better time talking to the girl than her!

Mission accomplished. After three days of violence, an ungodly amount of sand and blistering, scalding heat, they were done. Somewhere deep in the Jundland Wastes, a certain base now had a very large hole inside it and was filled with an absurd number of corpses.

As a matter of fact, part of the roof had been torn down, too. The vultures would have a feast. Outside, a strong wind was whipping up clouds of sand and the binary suns' rays continued to mercilessly slash through the heavens. Siobhan herself was feeling tired after all the excitement. She was baked in sweat, her beskar'gam was dirty and covered in sand and dust. Moreover, she was terribly thirsty and had taken her helmet off so that she could pour a bottle of water over her face before assaulting it with her mouth.

The gunship touched down with much fanfare, throwing up dust, and Siobhan got to her feet, looking a bit unsteady on her legs since they'd decided to take a nap during the flight without asking for permission. However, at this moment Tempest's comm buzzed. Siobhan frowned and wondered whether her apprentice had an admirer she hadn't told her about before things were cleared up.

"You mean the Jedi girl?" she queried as the memory slowly resurfaced in her mind. "Sure. Give it to me," she took the proffered comm and activated it. "Hey there, this is Siobhan Kerrigan. You're the girl Tempest spoke to, right? I'm afraid we didn't get your name. What can we do for you?" Tone was soft, but firm and confident.

Charlyra nods in acknowledgment. "That I am." She listens to the woman, watching her as she speaks. "I am Charlyra Araano."

Taking in a deep breath she drums her fingers along the counter top. "Your friend, Tempest mentioned something about recruiting force users?" Force users? Generic enough, she didn't feel comfortable referring to herself as a padawan. "I had not been, interested before, however; I am now." She eyes a corner of the Winking Womp Rat, and considers that she has a few more hours on her room. "I'm still here at the Winking Womp Rat, I have a room 21B, downstairs."

The brunette cuts the comms, and heads downstairs to her room.

Here, she collects everything that she had brought with her, all-temperature cloak, utility belt, and her lightsabers. Of course, she had to decide what to do with the ship, that would have to be part of the talks? Negotiations? She didn't have much to bargain with, as it was she was the one soliciting them now. Fiddling with her thumbs, pacing the small room she was starting to become nervous. Taking a deep breath, Charlyra exhaled and shook off her nervous. The motors within her hands whirred slightly the sand had not been kind, no matter how well she cared for them.

Finally, she could hear their footsteps, sense them as they got closer.

"Siobhan, Tempest." She greeted with a gracious bow.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest had gathered what had happened by listening in. “That sounds good…but I need a wash first. I don’t think we’ll do our rep any good if we come in looking like ragamuffins.”

And so, a very short shower and change to a slightly less dusty outfit and they were heading back to the Winking Womp Rat. Room 21B was not hard to find, and so when they were greeted, she returned the bow. It was only polite, after all!

“Nice to see you again. May we join you…and can I get you something to drink? What will you have, Sio?”

She felt it wise to let Siobhan go one-on-one with the girl so Charlyra didn’t feel outnumbered or uncomfortable.

Besides, her somewhat clumsy attempts the first time they’d met hadn’t been forgotten by her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom